Alex Rewatched ANTM

Alex95

Cast Ranking:

bkPhCGh.png

I know I'm just a broken record on the finales lol. Once again, it was fine I suppose. This was probably one of the more boring ones, but it's because no one particularly impressed me. Nik & Bre had Fine covergirl photos and did a Fine job on the runway show. It didn't really have the moment of Naima killing the final runway or Eva pulling off the ultimate underdog story or anything. The 15 mins of Bre was a joy, as per usual, though.

1. Bre - The episode, and thus the season, died with her elimination.

2. Nicole - Her diva antics at the CoverGirl commercials made me laugh lol though I mean if she was a POC I'm sure CoverGirl would find her ~difficult~ and thus she wouldn't win

3. Nik - She was there this episode I believe :yes:

Photo Ranking:

Wi6ijUz.png

It's CoverGirl. Not much to say about it. Exactly what you'd expect.

Photo:

1. Nik - To be frank, I don't love any of them. However, Nik's smile feels the most natural. The eyes aren't necessarily connecting though.

2. Nicole - Neck and neck with Nik, but for opposite reasons. Nicole's eyes are gorgeous here, but I'm not loving her smile.

3. Bre - :(. Yeah this is bad obviously, not much to say here.

Commercial:

1. Nik - Miles better than the other two by virtue of not f*cking up.

2. Bre - She may have messed that up badly, but her personality still shined brightly.

3. Nicole - I literally can't believe she bitched about the lights in the middle of shooting her commercial :dead:

Alex's average call-out order vs. the show's average call out order

Alex's Cycle 5

Cassandra = 1.50

Lisa = 2.88

Nik = 3.73

Bre = 4.36

Jayla = 5.90

Nicole = 6.00

Diane = 7.00

Sarah = 7.67

Kim = 8.78

Kyle = 9.50

Coryn = 9.60

Ebony = 12.00

Ashley = 13.00

Tyra's Cycle 5

Cassandra = 2.00

Nik = 3.09

Lisa = 3.63

Jayla = 3.80

Nicole = 4.36

Bre = 4.63

Kim = 4.67

Kyle = 5.17

Coryn = 6.80

Diane = 7.50

Ebony = 10.00

Sarah = 10.33

Ashley = 13.00

Cycle 5 - Overall Thoughts

All these early cycles have some very easy pros. And those are that we get some really iconic moments and really iconic characters. If that was the only criteria, all of the early cycles would be getting an A+ because they delivered on that front. So like I've said before, I like to look at the moments between the iconic. If I'm still enjoying the cycle then, that's when I know it's a good season of reality television. I can't say I was feeling It the first half of the cycle, but I think things started looking up, oddly right after Lisa peed in the diaper lol. I feel like the cycle had so much more stakes and I was all in. My biggest complaint about the cycle is the lack of Tyra one-on-ones. I feel like the cycle lost a lot of heart. I wouldn't go as far as to say I missed the sob stories........but okay maybe I kinda did. I want the girls sobbing and ripping up pieces of paper as they talk about their dark pasts. I want Toccara losing her voice as she sobs to Tyra about her home life. I feel like this cycle kiiiiiinda missed that. I think Lisa had the biggest sob story with her alcoholism, but they didn't frame it as a sob story which made it all the most distressing I suppose. Also as far as a modeling competition, this cycle SUCKED. Horrific photoshoot after horrific photoshoot. Country Couture happened at least!

Cycle Rankings:

1. Cycle 3

2. Cycle 2

3. Cycle 5

4. Cycle 1

5. Cycle 4

Cast Ranking:

ZI8WGWq.png

1. Bre - Who could've seen that coming with Bre topping my rankings for 8/12 episodes :dead:. There's a reason why IDF died when Bre was robbed in the ANTM Rankdown. She's an iconic character and a perfect reality star. This rewatch solidified her spot as one of my favorite girls in ANTM history. I think Bre is most remembered for her performance in the final five episode, which I think is unfair. Is that my favorite episode of Bre? Yes. It was one of my favorite single episode performances from any character in reality show history. Bre is a STAR there. But I want Bre to remembered for her strong narration skills. I want Bre to be remembered for her flawless runway walk. I want Bre to be remembered for helping Lisa when she was getting drunk nightly instead of just laughing at her behind her back. I want Bre to be remembered for respectfully calling Kim out to her face for all her shit talking. I want Bre to be remembered for ANTM chocolate commercial. Bre is so much more than that amazing final five episode, and that's why she's forever a star in my books.

2. Lisa - Yeah, that was a lot. I will always feel icky about the way the show exploited her alcoholism and the bullshit behind her elimination. I will always wonder if Lisa tanked her chances at the win or if she really didn't comprehend that she wouldn't be able to bounce back from peeing in a diaper on set at a job. Lisa gets people talking though. Lisa pretty much single-handedly dominated the first half of the season and without her, it would've been a HELL of a lot more boring.

3. Cassandra - The OG quitter :wub:. Cassandra is such a weirdo, and I love how she was also randomly an amazing model who delivered two of the best shots of the cycle lol. Despite only lasting four episode, Cassandra left her mark in the ANTM canon.

4. Jayla - I lowkey went into the cycle preparing to hate her, but I loved her insane ass ways. I think she tried a bit too hard to be the villain at times, but I think she tried so hard it actually cycled back to being ironically hilarious.

5. Nik - Nik had a LOT more spunk than I remembered which I appreciated. She was still definitely one of the more lowkey personalities of the cycle, but whenever she was shown I enjoyed her.

6. Sarah - Ugh I wish we got more from her, I think Sarah had so much potential as a character (and based on her Country Couture shot, as a model if she could figure out how to work her face). I thought her bisexual awakening was cute and I found her to be really dorky and relatable.

7. Ebony - She really started the cycle off with a bang her first episode, but sadly died off after that until her very deserved early elimination. I still liked her though!

8. Nicole - She still gets on my last nerve at times, but I enjoyed her more than I expected. The times when the show, and the other girls, were actively making fun of her were actually really fun. But I still find her to be a privileged whiny brat.

9. Kim - Once upon a time she was in my top three of the cycle, but unfortunately she took a big of a nosedive. So tbh I remembered her having the limo fight with Bre much earlier in the cycle, so I thought her redemption happened sooner. Unfortunately we had A LOT of episode of Kim being really catty and shitty until she was finally called out. Then she had one episode of redemption only until she got eliminated, and I hated how she used her drama with Bre to kiiiinda justify her earlier actions. I think Kim is still one of the more entertaining girls of the cycle and she certainly had her good moments. I think the judges were harder on her for her sexuality and it wasn't a good look. I can't justify putting her any higher, or lower, though.

10. Ashley - Definitely my favorite first boot so far. She had a lot of potential and I wish we got to see more from her.

11. Kyle - Who? Just a Kim minion.

12. Diane - I loved the introduction to Diane and thought she would be a fun character, but then she did literally nothing the entire cycle.

13. Coryn - A very low energy villain. She had no spark or pizzazz. Her big blowup with Lisa was just her chucking a lowblow at her. Coryn is a charisma vacuum who does not have what it takes to fight the iconic Lisa D'Amato.

Photo Ranking:

c8AdRnc.png

Honestly a really hard top 10 to fill out. So many bad shoots I pretty much discounted them entirely. I don't feel confident in my rankings at all (and I'm honestly so tempted to fix my County Couture rankings and give Lisa FCO but I'm sticking with my feelings at the time).

1. Cassandra's Country Couture

2. Lisa's Country Couture

3. Nicole's Black & White Beauty

4. Nik's Country Couture

5. Lisa's Plastic Surgery

6. Nik's Bollywood

7. Nicole's Country Couture

8. Lisa's Superheroes

9. Lisa's Black & White Beauty

10. Bre's Plastic Surgery (I almost threw Cassandra's Superheroes or Nik's Classic Art here, but I just wanted a Bre shot in my top 10 ❤️)

• Alex95 changed the title to Alex Rewatches ANTM (Cycle 5)

Bre at #1 obviously feels correct! LOVE that she dominated your rankings here. So many amazing moments and I'm glad she made it all the way to top 3, ugh such a star.

I almost forget looking back how Lisa absolutely dominated it in the photoshoots too. A great character as well (although totally exploited). I'm a couple seasons away from getting to All-Stars and I'm... interested to see how this will shape my opinion of Lisa as I really have no idea but obviously I've heard things lol.

Can't believe Cassandra took two amazing shots and dipped, but honestly, good for her! I don't really feel bad watching any of the makeovers at this point because they all know what they signed up for. But lmao poor Cassandra.. ever since she came into the auditions with a really positive, pageant-y spirit I felt like Tyra was ready to f**k with her :dead: And yet even with the drastic change she turned it out!

I agree about Nik being one of the more lowkey personalities, although did have some great winners. In terms of portfolio overall she would have been my pick to win. I didn't mind Nicole overall but between Nik having greater shots and Bre being Bre... her win was not exciting to me and I can understand you putting her here.

Excited to relive Cycle 6 and your thoughts!

tumblr_m7qz1xc6Jr1r1okmxo4_250.gif

On 8/14/2021 at 12:10 AM, Alex95 said:

bJAZyo5.png

Nicole is holding her pose well

:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

"Her voice is so annoying, it's so sharp and alarming"

One of those quotes where the producer put that in because it's true and not to try make Bre look bad

Later in the night, Bre notices her granola bars are missing! She immediately blames Nicole ❤️

THE LEGEND OF THE GRANOLA BARS. So many stories popping up later about what happened... a producer stole them, a producer said Nicole could have them, Lisa trying to take credit for it, fans thinking it was actually Jayla because that would fit with the fans' narrative against Jayla who should not be there at all....

She then tackles Kim to the ground

This is what took it over the top. It goes from "haha... what's happening...?" to "OMG WHAT AM I WATCHING RIGHT NOW"

Kim confronts Bre at the photoshoot

UNPROFESSIONAL. I mean you already say it but yeah it is ridiculous that they try to spin this as Bre somehow being unprofessional when Kim is having confrontations and literally sitting Jay down to talk about some petty shit from back at their house. This is a moment where Jay should have been like "um why are you talking to me right now, get out of my face" like what Tyra did to Celia in C12

"I'm not. So now what do we do?"

I'll be honest and say that this quote used to infuriate me but later I looked back like... who tf cares? What IS Bre supposed to do? This is a reality show and not real life. Do they get some kind of allowance or something from the show? It's a granola bar and a redbull. You got some camera time Nicole now get over it. 

The photographer: I told Kim to think about her boyfriend.

Miss J: Well... :dead:

This photographer should be embarrassed by this line and by the photograph he took of Kim. One of the worst of all time. And in general some of the tackiest photos that came out of this shoot. Whoever this person is hopefully has faded away

"I just want you to know that the possibility of me going home today is about 96% percent. You will not win this competition because you are an ugly person. You have an ugly personality. Y'know what, you're a liar. Look at me, I did something that was very wrong and God don't like ugly, he don't like it." An all-time great monologue!

Icons only

WBYmErB.png

Imagine being surprised that Kim gets sent home. I'm not going to double check who made Top 5 each cycle but Kim HAS to have the worst portfolio of a Top 5 contestant of all time.

On 8/17/2021 at 12:05 AM, Alex95 said:

Nicole is still upset following the elimination that Kim left and Bre is still here.

Maybe Nicole didn't look at any of Kim's photos. Ummm also Jayla is still sitting right there so why you worried about Bre lmao

Meanwhile Bre is worried about being villainized and not seen as a good person.

A legitimate concern

OuMzSfA.png

Same, Jayla.

wow okay I'll stan Jayla for 30 seconds, this is actually salient

"Omg that's awful!" I mean did she lie...

I used to think she was an actress and just being mean for no reason but now I see that she's just calling it like she sees it

Nik didn't pick Bre for the reward because of the energy drinks situation

Were these MAGIC redbulls I mean come on

Nicole admits she enjoyed her day with Bre, and it was better than a day with Jayla :dead:

This cast hates each other. Does any other cycle hate each other this much??? I'm just going to go ahead and blame Kim for the bad house relations

Htwqepg.png

you're going to hell for this screenshot

Bre survives her second straight bottom two appearance and fourth overall :wub:

BRE DON'T ACT SURPRISED. YOU'RE STANDING NEXT TO JAYLA. AFTER THE WORST PHOTO SABOTAGE IN HISTORY. If I saw Jayla's photo I'd be like "OH hahaha they don't want Jayla whew I'm safe"

On 8/17/2021 at 12:18 AM, Alex95 said:

I had mixed feelings on the shoot, but I felt I gained some perspective on it listening to Nigel's mom, a genuine Sri Lankan. I'm far from an expert on Bollywood, so I hope this was done tastefully and I hope they did a respectful job. Either way, not one of my favorite or least favorite shoots.

My qualm with this shoot is that the background models all look bored out of their minds.

On 8/17/2021 at 11:24 PM, Alex95 said:

0I22ZwU.png

Bre has made Top Model history being in the bottom two four times :dead:

Nicole's face LMAO. Maybe realizing that this fact might be bad news for Nicole rather than Bre. Don't worry Nicole, Whitney doesn't like until later.

mipQGr5.png

Lol Nicole bitching that the lights are blinding her at the commercial.

Add this to the long long long list of cringy winner moments in Cycle 5

Bre taking off her heels and putting her glasses on upon being eliminated :wub:

Iconic. Victoria tries this in C9 and Tyra literally calls security thinking that Victoria is about to throw a show

T8DJHpK.png

Add this to the list as well. Nicole realized that all the interesting people have left and she needs to fill the dead air lol

Twiggy calling Nik too bouncy...are we talking about the same Nik.

Just code for "I was distracted by her breasts." That's how I always interpreted this. Twiggy waiting until the last second to try to use her influence as Twiggy to body shame

Although I will admit that Nicole did a great runway and did not bomb it whatsoever. Nicole's win always kind of surprised me because I feel like she did not get a winner edit this cycle at all lol

On 8/17/2021 at 11:28 PM, Deeee said:

I mean considering attention is what she was craving the entire season, this makes sense...

Exactly :dead:

On 8/17/2021 at 11:53 PM, Deeee said:

Alex and Tyra agreed on a winner this time!!! Surprisingly, you only have Nicole ranked one spot below Tyra in terms of call-out average, which just shows that that Tyra made a massive mistake in not picking Nik as the winner. 

They really couldn't have a WOC winning three cycles in a row :/ (4 if we count Danielle next cycle)

On 8/18/2021 at 5:46 PM, *Lily said:

Bre at #1 obviously feels correct! LOVE that she dominated your rankings here. So many amazing moments and I'm glad she made it all the way to top 3, ugh such a star.

I almost forget looking back how Lisa absolutely dominated it in the photoshoots too. A great character as well (although totally exploited). I'm a couple seasons away from getting to All-Stars and I'm... interested to see how this will shape my opinion of Lisa as I really have no idea but obviously I've heard things lol.

Can't believe Cassandra took two amazing shots and dipped, but honestly, good for her! I don't really feel bad watching any of the makeovers at this point because they all know what they signed up for. But lmao poor Cassandra.. ever since she came into the auditions with a really positive, pageant-y spirit I felt like Tyra was ready to f**k with her :dead: And yet even with the drastic change she turned it out!

I agree about Nik being one of the more lowkey personalities, although did have some great winners. In terms of portfolio overall she would have been my pick to win. I didn't mind Nicole overall but between Nik having greater shots and Bre being Bre... her win was not exciting to me and I can understand you putting her here.

Excited to relive Cycle 6 and your thoughts!

tumblr_m7qz1xc6Jr1r1okmxo4_250.gif

Bre was always gonna be first :wub:

You might just wanna skip All-Stars 🙈 :dead: or at least stop once Bre and Bianca are gone because there's no point after them

Cassandra was absolutely her own worst enemy, but Tyra also was determined to make an example out of her and I think she knew that.

Yeah while I didn't dislike Nicole as much as I expected, her win is certainly disappointing compared to the talent she was up against.

Ugh I'm so ready to bring C6 back into my life :wub:

21 hours ago, FrogLenzen said:

:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

One of those quotes where the producer put that in because it's true and not to try make Bre look bad

THE LEGEND OF THE GRANOLA BARS. So many stories popping up later about what happened... a producer stole them, a producer said Nicole could have them, Lisa trying to take credit for it, fans thinking it was actually Jayla because that would fit with the fans' narrative against Jayla who should not be there at all....

This is what took it over the top. It goes from "haha... what's happening...?" to "OMG WHAT AM I WATCHING RIGHT NOW"

UNPROFESSIONAL. I mean you already say it but yeah it is ridiculous that they try to spin this as Bre somehow being unprofessional when Kim is having confrontations and literally sitting Jay down to talk about some petty shit from back at their house. This is a moment where Jay should have been like "um why are you talking to me right now, get out of my face" like what Tyra did to Celia in C12

I'll be honest and say that this quote used to infuriate me but later I looked back like... who tf cares? What IS Bre supposed to do? This is a reality show and not real life. Do they get some kind of allowance or something from the show? It's a granola bar and a redbull. You got some camera time Nicole now get over it. 

This photographer should be embarrassed by this line and by the photograph he took of Kim. One of the worst of all time. And in general some of the tackiest photos that came out of this shoot. Whoever this person is hopefully has faded away

Icons only

Imagine being surprised that Kim gets sent home. I'm not going to double check who made Top 5 each cycle but Kim HAS to have the worst portfolio of a Top 5 contestant of all time.

:wub:

Bre gave the editors everything they could possibly want and more.

Yeah I've tried to keep up with the truth behind the granola bars and all the tea spilled, but I feel like there's ten different stories and I can't figure out which one is true lol. A producer stealing them seems to be where I landed but idk.

It was cinematic.

Lol the Celia moment :wub:. But I mean, Mr. Jay being unprofessional is hardly a shock. He clearly loved gossiping with Kim & Nicole, the fact that they got off scot free makes me so mad (well I guess not Kim since she gets eliminated later lol)

Yeah I'm always confused about whose money is actually being spent on reality shows. Like Bre threw out something that some random network executive paid for, get over it.

Tyra was so proud to have him shoot the girls though :dead:

Lol I think Saleisha might have that honor.

Maybe Nicole didn't look at any of Kim's photos. Ummm also Jayla is still sitting right there so why you worried about Bre lmao

A legitimate concern

wow okay I'll stan Jayla for 30 seconds, this is actually salient

I used to think she was an actress and just being mean for no reason but now I see that she's just calling it like she sees it

Were these MAGIC redbulls I mean come on

This cast hates each other. Does any other cycle hate each other this much??? I'm just going to go ahead and blame Kim for the bad house relations

you're going to hell for this screenshot

BRE DON'T ACT SURPRISED. YOU'RE STANDING NEXT TO JAYLA. AFTER THE WORST PHOTO SABOTAGE IN HISTORY. If I saw Jayla's photo I'd be like "OH hahaha they don't want Jayla whew I'm safe"

My qualm with this shoot is that the background models all look bored out of their minds.

There's some weak ass portfolios there in the end, and idk if it's the models to blame or the shoots.

:dead:

Jayla was on point about A LOT (as long as it didn't involve Nik)

I think the bitches from the fashion industry they get on this show or just actual terrible people ❤️

They meant a lot to Nicole!!!!!111!

I think everyone from 14 still hates each other to this day lol. But yeah, this is a rough house.

Nigel can [the rest of this sentence has been redacted] me idc.

No one's surprised four bottom two appearances before :dead:. I don't blame her for being surprised!

Yeah that's very true. And that the background models are the foreground of Jayla's shot :dead:

Nicole's face LMAO. Maybe realizing that this fact might be bad news for Nicole rather than Bre. Don't worry Nicole, Whitney doesn't like until later.

Add this to the long long long list of cringy winner moments in Cycle 5

Iconic. Victoria tries this in C9 and Tyra literally calls security thinking that Victoria is about to throw a show

Add this to the list as well. Nicole realized that all the interesting people have left and she needs to fill the dead air lol

Just code for "I was distracted by her breasts." That's how I always interpreted this. Twiggy waiting until the last second to try to use her influence as Twiggy to body shame

Although I will admit that Nicole did a great runway and did not bomb it whatsoever. Nicole's win always kind of surprised me because I feel like she did not get a winner edit this cycle at all lol

:dead:

Nicole getting a horrible edit on literally the episode she wins :wub:

Lmao I heard about that. I'm so excited to rewatch Victoria vs. Twiggy :wub:

Every cycle of the final two being alone together is super cringy.

NTM on Twiggy!

If I was unspoiled I would've probably thought Nik won. But she also got superunderedited (though I guess coming off a Naima win that doesn't matter). Nicole's win is still random though. Not like she was a big personality. Not like she took stunning pictures. Not like she had the best runway walk. I guess she just didn't suck at anything...?

Cycle 6 - Episode 1 - The Girl Who Learns How to Dance

ODmw1Wk.png

Sara has never modeled before, but she figures she'll give it a go.

lSutINq.png

"It was like 95% Black girls at my tryouts, I didn't realize it was gonna be like that" Here we go with Dani's thirst for her 15 mins of fame

ql6g14M.png

"...I mean what's your point though" :dead:

H4JMKfM.png

"I am the most uber-conservative republican hardcore baptist you can ever imagine in your life. I don't like gay people, I don't like Muslims, I don't like abortions, I don't like anything liberal. But other than that I really like to get along with people 🙂" Yup this seems like the perfect person to give a platform to ANTM producers!

lPQeBvv.png

Furonda refusing to let Dani make her the angry Black woman :wub:

0LuqfVX.png

"Everybody thinks I'm very down to Earth. I have this style, I'm very cool, and y'know I'm very intimidating to a lot of these girls" A LEGEND IS BORN :wub:

Lwiwavy.png

Kathy casually changing in front of everyone for the runway show :wub:

YfnXIpX.png

"Whoops!"

kOxbvct.png

Dr. Yvonne wins the opening runway challenge!

6aE0SDG.png

Oh no Tyra can't be there in person!!!!1111!!!1

8EcqsQj.png

But she is! What a prankster!!!!11!!!1

jbEmvVe.png

Lol some random producer bumping into Sara at a mall and getting her on the show.

OJHTEqZ.png

Furonda doing all her different voices she did as a phone sex operator :wub:

bObvAFT.png

Dr. Yvonne at her day job :wub:

8pyLHCf.png

Dr. Yvonna pulling up to work like :wub:

09Idm0X.png

Wendy talking about having to evacuate during Hurricane Katrina and she hasn't heard from her family since :broken:

OaSzbBC.png

It's day one and Andrea's already breaking down over missing home.

Fq8AXTf.png

"People think I'm a bitch when they first meet me because I'm pretty and have this beautiful body but when they get to know me, I'm so cool, I'm very real"

bE6N0IG.png

"Every time I walk down the street, heads are turning like 'Look at her!'"

woF35uI.png

"If you ask me to strip naked I will do it......BUTTHETHINGIS my parents kinda have a thing about that so I don't know if I'd go against my parents..."

l5Vj2BW.png

Gina really stayed putting her foot in her mouth from the beginning :dead:

myRRHGu.png

Gina knows she f*cked up :dead:

k5SCeDp.png

Andrea crying again about missing her parents.

laa2yvB.png

Joanie talking being a cage dancer/stripper and a preacher's daughter

UQm5ftl.png

*Trips* "I meant to do that!" :dead: :wub:

BqQpEgV.png

Danielle talks about taking care of her mom with rheumatoid arthritis ❤️

YG11B2x.png

Danielle not afraid to call Dani out at dinner :wub:

5k247XZ.png

Danielle had the time :wub:

pnPQk6D.png

She getting dragged by the white girls too :wub:

vZdvikM.png

"You can't tell me I'm racist when I know I'm not!!!!1111!!!!1"

eBWRhwO.png

Kathy showing off her dance skills for everyone :wub:

QIkgJEK.png

Nnenna talks about growing up in Nigeria.

alGW0nY.png

"Mollie Sue...25...Tampa" Queen of personality!

NkgdZAr.png

"Ever since I've been here I've been attacked by a lot of people :(" Gurl bye

sipDnal.png

"You're walking into an industry where everyone is *snaps* GAY"

VQ6Hdql.png

"I just have a moral obligation to my church that I don't agree with your lifestyle 🙂"

p7wq6h0.png

WKjpjcD.png

They really didn't need to bring her all this way for some episode 1 drama.

WvnXhC0.png

Lol she's actually terrible.

mIwfPi4.png

Andrea's about to cry thinking about another elimination

PGca3l1.png

(But highkey she kinda slayed)

gNJvEYk.png

Kari's so underrated and that's the hill I'm dying on!

fxbLf9x.png

Jade being the first girl chosen, as she should be :wub:

QwYMUbO.png

Already crying three girls in :dead:

Kw1JQRg.png

Kathy dropping it like it's hot :wub:

osCMTAJ.png

"OHMYGOD I LOVE ASIAN MEN I SWEAR TO GOD I DO I DO!!!!!!"

wcfyPmj.png

Andrea gets to go back home to her family!

uxyPBKz.png

Dr. Yvonne wins the runway challenge and she doesn't even get a spot in the cast or a final confessional?? She was done dirty!

L4pIKQR.png

And here's our C6 cast!

• Like 1

Cast Ranking:

69xohnC.png

I thought this cycle got off to a great start. So many members of the cast stood out, I can't help but be excited about the future of the cycle. The Dani factor of it all brought the episode waaaaaaay down. We did not need this kind of manufactured drama. Though she did bring the best out of some girls, they should not have been in that uncomfortable situation in the first place. I'm very glad she wasn't chosen to be a finalist, but she never should've been here in the first place. And justice for Dr. Yvonne! Most robbed semifinalist ever? Her shoot wasn't amazing, but at least throw her in the house and she improves. She should've had her top top 13 spot locked up the second she won the runway challenge.

1. Danielle - There's a reason she won the rankdown, she's just the most universally loved ANTM contestant for a reason. Whether you watch the show for drama, modeling, or fun personalities Danielle deserves. Her backstory was great, the way she slayed that racist Dani was great, and in between that she was just so much fun.

2. Jade - I'm so ready to fill this thread up with ALL the Jade quotes. Such a legend.

3. Furonda - From phone sex operator to lawyer :wub: I say "I mean what's your point tho" all the time thanks to her :wub:

4. Kathy - Omg I have no memories of Kathy but she's so FUN! Such a ball of energy. Dare I say, the precursor to C13 Laura?

5. Gina - Hooooooly shit what a mess :wub:. No ANTM girl makes me cringe as much as Gina :dead:

6. Nnenna - I have extremely vague memories of being a Nnenna stan. There's something about her that I'm drawn to, and I really am looking forward to seeing her in action again.

7. Wendy - ANTM sob stories don't usually affect me, but Wendy's about losing her family in Katrina does :broken:

8. Sara - Queen of malls!

9. Joanie - Queen of cagedancing!

10. Kari - As I said during my watch, idc there's something about Kari I like!

11. Mollie Sue - Lmao the "Mollie Sue is boring" edit started from episode one :wub:. Kicking modelesque boring girls off early to spare entertaining girls is always my favorite riggery with this show :wub:

12. Leslie - Who?

13. Brooke - Who?

• Like 1

• Alex95 changed the title to Alex Rewatches ANTM (Cycle 6 - Episode 1)

Danielle love. :wub: She’s just so likeable and has one of the best portfolios of any model on the show. She didn’t need to be involved in every bit of drama for us to remember how much of a queen she really is.

I’ll never understand the Joanie hype. I’m fine not being on the train. I don’t even want a ticket in case I change my mind.

Gina was such a mess and she was so needed for this cycle. I don’t like how some of the people on the show treated her because she was obviously not there emotionally but she was fantastic television.

The one thing I hate about this cycle is how we remember Jade for her personality/drama and not for some of her fantastic photos. She has one of the better portfolios this cycle and I could easily have her in the final runway. 

18 hours ago, jarmon said:

Season 6 is one of my all-time favorite seasons. The Top 3 is perfection.

12 hours ago, Zoey said:

Danielle love. :wub: She’s just so likeable and has one of the best portfolios of any model on the show. She didn’t need to be involved in every bit of drama for us to remember how much of a queen she really is.

I’ll never understand the Joanie hype. I’m fine not being on the train. I don’t even want a ticket in case I change my mind.

Gina was such a mess and she was so needed for this cycle. I don’t like how some of the people on the show treated her because she was obviously not there emotionally but she was fantastic television.

The one thing I hate about this cycle is how we remember Jade for her personality/drama and not for some of her fantastic photos. She has one of the better portfolios this cycle and I could easily have her in the final runway. 

Agreed. Danielle is so universally beloved for a reason.

As my last place ranking for her in the rankdown indicates, agreed :giggle:

Oh yeah, Gina never should've been cast after that trainwreck interview with Tyra. But she really is such a main character for these first few episodes.

Trust me, I will be giving Jade her credit for her portfolio. She didn't earn that top three spot just by being a drama magnet, she earned it because she's genuinely a great model.

2 hours ago, Deeee said:

Withholding comments on this ~iconic~ season is going to be hard, but I'm holding out until you go agree with me on my Survivor thoughts. 🙂

I just worked over 12 hours today, I'm lucky enough I have time to keep up with my own threads right now let alone other people's lol. I'll try to comment tomorrow.

Cycle 6 - Episode 2 - The Girls Go Bald

uu76kLc.png

Janice is here to talk to the girls about personality!

KzTmdiL.png

Furonda strategically sat in front of the mic at the press conference challenge ❤️

lrqEqB4.png

Meanwhile Brooke is freaking out having sat in front of the other mic :dead:

l4bmqsZ.png

Danielle snatching the mic out of Furonda's hands to declare herself the frontrunner ❤️

Ys4TklI.png

"I am the fierce, fabulous, Furonda!"

048HOHB.png

"I feel I am Thee undiscovered supermodel"

WjTDpyW.png

Nnenna opening up about leaving Nigeria to support her family ❤️

nowrahj.png

Gina clueless when asked about representing Asian women 🙈

ZILi5PY.png

Gina crying after the challenge when Jade confronted her about not understanding her Asian ancestry (since Jade is the biracial butterfly as we all know ❤️)

hMM0YZ5.png

Nnenna wins the press conference challenge!

J22mcRA.png

The girls go out to dinner and Gina is enjoying the champagne :wub:

ToYysWC.png

And continues to enjoy it :wub:

88ScoMU.png

And soon discovers the bottle is empty :wub:

n5pJr3z.png

And can't even walk straight :dead:

fu0CbPk.png

"I've never seen someone that drunk before it really scared me 😮"

qeHvLPN.png

"I'm never gonna drink alcohol again!" Oh honey.......we've all made that promise

HLOkHUI.png

"I came out to the hottub and I saw boobies everywhere...so I don't really fit in because I have none :/" :dead:

gce8ijk.png

Jade promises to streak for $50 with Nnenna then changes her mind :dead:

8XfHdim.png

Tyra is at the house to answer questions! "What tips do you have for the girls that are gonna be eliminated? 😮" :dead:

8YJlyi6.png

"...I had girls who asked me so I really wanted to answer...for them...."

ZNivLBd.png

Furonda...you in danger gurl :dead:

3hSP2LA.png

The girls are at a salon so it must mean makeovers!

JcKpSPx.png

And they're told everyone is going bald :dead:

KFU7zpo.png

And then they find out they're just wearing bald caps for the photoshoot :giggle:

PPZxadM.png

"I was thinking 'Thank you Jesus' because I need hair!" The moment Mama TyTy decided she's cutting Jade's hair :giggle:

oDvYlfn.png

Kathy giving "warmth in the expression" at the photoshoot :dead:

q1C7nB5.png

FBHDSAJFBNDAHJSLFNADJLN

ou7qoLK.png

"I think I did great, I came out of it thinking I'm the winner. I am the frontrunner :yes:"

RlYXHcQ.png

"Jay is like 'you look regal'. I do not know what regal means, so I didn't say nothing because if it's bad I didn't want to be like 'THANK YOU!'" :dead:

FpT2rQa.png

"I already asked Nnenna what her allergies are so I can knock her out of the competition" Not Miss Mollie Sue being funny!

BzvhjT4.png

Not Nigel calling Danielle a "prettier" Grace Jones, Miss Jones is constantly disrespected by this show.

pHLUg2y.png

"I'm very humble and down to earth...I mean humble inside!"

J2QKgxV.png

Omg this is actually a perfect reenactment of Jade's photo :dead:

WSK4RB8.png

Kathy drops it like its hot one final time before she leaves 😭

bNBYzLg.png

And then there were 12...

4 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

"I am the fierce, fabulous, Furonda!"

"I feel I am Thee undiscovered supermodel"

I feel like I must have done something right in a past life to deserve them blessing me with their presence on Cycle 6

Edited by Deeee
  • Like 1

Cast Ranking:

dTEid5l.png

Another amazing episode. This cast really is just flawless from top to bottom. Last cycle there were only like two or three girls featured in the early episodes. This one, there are only two or three girls who are actually invisible. We got some even editing, but the stars still managed to stand out. Also the press conference challenge with only two microphones was an A+ challenge and this should've been an opening challenge every cycle. Perfect way too get to know the girls.

1. Gina - If a girl gets so drunk at dinner she can't walk, odds are she's gonna be at the top of my ranking.

2. Furonda - Furonda had about 10 different hilarious moments this entire episode :dead:. I feel like the presence of Jade causes Furonda to be a bit more of a background character this cycle, which is a shame because in pretty much any other cycle she'd be the star of the show.

3. Jade - If Jade ever drops below top three I'll be shocked.

4. Danielle - One of the most naturally funny girls the show has ever seen. Most of the funny girls, I'm laughing at and it's completely unintentional. I'm always laughing with Danielle.

5. Kathy - Ugh, robbed queen. Her photo wasn't even terrible, they could've saved her and just kicked Brooke off or something. Kathy was genuinely so sweet and lovable. And just a barrel of laughs, I feel robbed of her in the roasting challenge or the spider runway.

6. Nnenna - Frontrunner queen :wub:. Just slaying this episode like it was nothing :wub:

7. Mollie Sue - Mollie Sue being funny? A concept!

8. Joanie - The obsession with Jade has already started smh. I do appreciate her poking the bear a bit early though.

9. Wendy - No one: Tyra: Wow Wendy you're so sad.

10. Sara - Mall girls can take a good photo, who would've guessed!

11. Kari - She's soooooo pretty.

12. Brooke - The same bottom two because they were both still irrelevant. Swapped them to keep things interesting. And Tyra pretty much implying Brooke is ugly every time she critiques her is hilarious (or as she would call it ~a different kind of beauty~)

13. Leslie - Who?

Photo Ranking:

tvek4j7.png

This shoot worked because the cast is so strong. I actually liked the majority of the pictures. For the first photoshoot, this was EXTREMELY difficult and so many girls stepped up to the plate.

1. Nnenna - Wow this is amazing. This is one of the most high fashion beauty shots I have ever seen on the show. Every quirk and angle of her face is perfection. Stunning.

2. Danielle - I hate to give Jay any credit, but he's right this photo is so regal. Danielle had the confidence from the first episode that she is That Bitch.

3. Sara - It's a shame she never lived up to this first shoot again because this photo is amazing.

4. Mollie Sue - Flawless.

5. Joanie - One of the only girls who shot completely straight on and she absolutely nailed it.

6. Leslie - I feel like this barely looks like Leslie, but it's gorgeous!

7. Jade - Not my favorite picture of hers, but I do love seeing her tap into her softer side here. It's very different from the majority of her portfolio.

8. Kari - I think she's resting on her beauty a bit, but her lips and eyes are perfect enough to carry the picture.

9. Gina - For some reason I thought I remembered her bombing but this is actually a good shot!

10. Kathy - She looks a little lost, but the effort is there. Tbh she's doing the same exact thing as Kari, Kari's just works better because she has stronger features.

11. Wendy - Lol Wendy's photos really are just so sad. Good for her conveying an emotion, I just don't think it makes for the most flattering modeling picture.

12. Brooke - I kinda hate this photo? She looks really tense and nervous and her hand positioning doesn't look natural at all.

13. Furonda - Let's just forget the queen took this photo and move on to next week!

• Alex95 changed the title to Alex Rewatches ANTM (Cycle 6 - Episode 2)

Oh poor Gina.. girl was so out of her element, I felt bad for her but she really did give us some moments.

I looove Furonda and totally agree with you about how having Jade there maybe doesn't make her as big a character as she is. One of my favorite characters especially from those early cycles.