Alter Ego, New Fox Reality Singing Competition

Twitter

https://www.fox.com/alter-ego/

Alter Ego - FOX Reality Series

ALTER EGO is an all-new original singing competition where lost dreams and second chances are reignited when singers from all walks of life become the stars they’ve always wanted to be. However, these contestants won’t perform as themselves. Rather, they’ll be given the chance to show how they’ve always wanted to be seen, creating their dream avatar ALTER EGO to reinvent themselves and perform like never before.

https://deadline.com/2021/05/fox-alter-ego-singing-competition-series-world-of-dance-matilda-zoltowski-1234758490/

for its fall schedule It will air on Wednesday nights at 9pm after The Masked Singer

EDIT: 

nwDkmOH.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

https://tvline.com/2021/07/16/alter-ego-alanis-morissette-nick-lachey-judges-fox-series/

Four very different musical artists have been chosen to judge Fox’s first-ever avatar singing competition series Alter Ego: Grammy Award winner Alanis Morissette, singer/television personality Nick Lachey, Canadian singer-songwriter Grimes and Grammy Award-winning rapper will.i.am. Additionally, Rocsi Diaz (106 & Park, Dating Naked) has been tapped to host the show.

Rather than performing as themselves, Alter Ego contestants will create their dream avatar to showcase how they’ve always wanted to be seen, while presenting their unique performance style via motion capture technology.

E6cPwrIWYAQa_q2?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 1

Hmm.....

I've always wanted to see what Masked Singer would look like if the artists beneath the masks were complete unknowns. This show seems like a form of that idea. But instead of masks, we have VR avatars. I'm guessing the VR is their attempt to differentiate themselves from The Masked Singer. I have to see the show to fully form my opinion, but I hope the VR gimmick doesn't distract too much from the singing.

On 7/16/2021 at 10:14 PM, Dany said:

https://tvline.com/2021/07/16/alter-ego-alanis-morissette-nick-lachey-judges-fox-series/

Four very different musical artists have been chosen to judge Fox’s first-ever avatar singing competition series Alter Ego: Grammy Award winner Alanis Morissette, singer/television personality Nick Lachey, Canadian singer-songwriter Grimes and Grammy Award-winning rapper will.i.am. Additionally, Rocsi Diaz (106 & Park, Dating Naked) has been tapped to host the show.

Rather than performing as themselves, Alter Ego contestants will create their dream avatar to showcase how they’ve always wanted to be seen, while presenting their unique performance style via motion capture technology.

E6cPwrIWYAQa_q2?format=jpg&name=small

If it's got Alanis in it then @Elliott will definitely be watching it :giggle:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So far the lips syncing, err I mean the way they sync the lips of the virtual model need a bit of tweaking. There is something a bit off. The mike placement is low since they don't want the mic between the camera and the face. I think they need better talent. Dipper was the best so far.  More like him and it's good. 

Overall not a bad show, they could do more but it's just the first episode.

• Like 1

Just now, Dany said:

So far the lips syncing, hmm I mean the way they sync the lips of the virtual model need a bit of tweaking. There is something a bit off. The mike placement is low since they don't want the mic between the camera and the face. I think they need better talent. Dipper was the best so far.  More like him and it's good. 

Overall not a bad show, they could do more but it's just the first episode.

hoping they improve the production now that it's airing