The Amazing Race Rankdown (WINNER REVEALED ON PAGE 87!)

*Amanda

• *Amanda changed the title to The Amazing Race Rankdown (Kevin Nominations Posted)
16 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

Ernie & Cindy are also now safe until Top 100, so now the last 2 teams remaining are automatically eliminated. I will update the list of teams left to be cut/save after everyone gets their write-ups in. :dead: 

But there's still 4 more teams...?

Lena & Kristy

lena-sweden-7.jpg

Lena & Kristy were supposed to be The female team. The iconic team of women that everyone looks back on and remembers as changing The Amazing Race for the better after embarrassing all the men around them. They had an interesting relationship. Sisters who weren’t as close as they once were. They were raised as Mormons and Kristy maintained that lifestyle, but Lena was more of a party animal. They had no communication issues though and were a strong team in the first leg, finishing rather high. They still made a few mistakes, but so did everyone else lol.
In the second leg they showed some weaknesses. On the way to the pitstop, they went the wrong direction and fell to second to last place, only surviving because Meredith & Maria are terrible. I saw some signs of fun though that made them rootable. Some random dad meeting them on the train and sending his son to accompany them the entire leg :dead:. Lena & Kristy staring in fear at Jonathan during one of his many meltdowns at Victoria :dead:. Then the third leg happens and they become infamous for their performance at the hay bale task. Lena working for nine hours searching for the clue in the correct hay bale. It’s one of the most heartbreaking eliminations ever. They never gave up and worked their asses off and seemingly got hit by some bad luck. Let’s be real though, Lena probably missed a few while she was searching lol #noshade. And thus the dreams of Lena & Kristy being the dominant female team were shattered. If there was ever a second chance season, Lena & Kristy would deserve to be at the top of the list. As many seasons have gone by though, they’ve pretty much fallen out of my memory unfortunately, so I think it's fair they miss top 100.

Save Lyn & Karlyn

1 minute ago, Alex95 said:

But there's still 4 more teams...?

Whichever ranker shows up next gets to do the usual cut/save and the last 2 rankers will just have to do write-ups for the two remaining teams because the EP's mean those teams are automatically cut...

I know it's been a while since any EP's have been used, but that's how it worked with the EP's in the past.

Sheri & Cole

Cole-LaBrant-with-his-mother.jpg

Sheri & Cole were on season 28 of the Amazing Race and they finished in second place. I remember them on the race and I had a pretty neutral opinion of them as racers didn't really care about them but didn't hate them. I remember hearing about Cole doing something super toxic online and everyone cancelled him so I figured they would be an easy enough cut. I didn't remember what exactly it was so I googled it, apparently he had a black child get stepped on by a white child so obviously that's not good. He probably did other toxic stuff that I don't remember and didn't come across in my short Google search but I ain't gonna bother looking for it. They were asked back for season 31 but they declined so that's fine I didn't need to see them again anyways so no harm there. 

Saving Whitney & Keith

26 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

Whichever ranker shows up next gets to do the usual cut/save and the last 2 rankers will just have to do write-ups for the two remaining teams because the EP's mean those teams are automatically cut...

I know it's been a while since any EP's have been used, but that's how it worked with the EP's in the past.

Ohh I see. I thought you meant “the last 2 left are eliminated” as in now I was like Uhh you’re a bit early :haha:

CAITLIN & BRITTANY

dIr8bp2.gif

Caitlin & Brittany were a team of best friends from The Amazing Race 21. The finished in the Top 3 in the first leg of the race, but they fell behind in the next two legs. They were unable to catch up, but they almost survived elimination in Leg 3 against Gary & Will. Gary & Will were U-Turned, but Caitlin & Brittany's pedicab driver repeatedly got lost to the Pit Stop. It was a close race between the two teams, but Caitlin & Brittany were unfortunately eliminated. I remember liking Caitlin & Brittany and wanted them to last longer. But they only lasted three legs, so I think it's fair to eliminate them from the rankdown now. 

Save Mary & Peach.

TSTIm.gif

Honestly, I barely remember Christie & Jodi from their time on The Amazing Race, the 14th season to be more specific. What did they really bring beside being all blonde female team, which I am sure QK liked them :giggle: . But I feel they're a very middle of the road kind of team since I don't remember them, especially considering this season had some of excellent teams.  So according to the online world, it seems that they were flight attendant and started their race on the wrong foot by almost getting eliminated early on. They eventually bounced back by using their knowledge as flight attendants which gave them a win, but this was not enough as they kept struggling & were saved by a non-elimination leg which led to them being eliminated in 7th place. Again, they're not an iconic team from Season 14 and I doubt they're anyone's top favourite so I am fine with seeing them eliminated from this.

SAVING: HUNG & CHEE