The Amazing Race Rankdown (WINNER REVEALED ON PAGE 87!)

*Amanda

17. Logan & Chris

Season 27, 3rd Place

WVpS7pe.jpg

@Alex95: 6/20

@QueenKalie: 8/20

@JC: 12/20

@*Chris: 14/20

@*Diana: 14/20

@Weedy_Speedy: 16/20

IDF: 16/20

@Steven_: 20/20

ALEX

Logan & Chris

Everything about Logan & Chris screamed random fodder eighth place couple. They had a very lowkey edit early on so I figured I might as well not get attached to them. Who knew they would instead be the crazy bickering couple who somehow trainwrecked their way to the final three :dead:. When Logan & Chris ended up on the last train to France it seemed like the race was over for them. They were an hour behind everyone else, and they just had such a typical boot edit for the leg. But they didn’t come in last! They survived! And they just kept surviving! And next thing we know, they’re in the final three with two consistently strong teams.
Say what you want about Logan & Chris, but they ran a pretty strong race. They obviously made their fair share of mistakes here and there, but they never came in last place, they somehow snatched that leg win in the penultimate leg, and for the most part they weren’t even that close to being eliminated. They really impressed me when they got U-Turned in India. For some reason instead of targeting a strong team, Justin & Diana tried to U-Turn Logan & Chris out of the leg. It was the first time the U-Turn was before the detour (which I hate and wish they would stop doing but whatever). The leg was extremely linear so Logan & Chris having to do both detours, while Chris is sick, and surviving seemed impossible. However, they managed to do both detours before Denise & James Earl finished one and they became the first team to ever survive a single U-Turn at the end of the leg!
Now, am I stanning Logan & Chris for their surprisingly strong racing skills? Of course not! I stan them because they were legit insane :dead:. One of the worst couples...I have ever seen on the show lol. They’re very private so I can’t figure out if they’re still together or not, but I’d be very curious to find out. I think their relationship somehow works for them though :dead:. It was hilarious at the finish line when Phil was pretty much confronting them on their toxic relationship and Logan was just like “Lol we’re fine...I guess we could use therapy or something idk ^_^”. She was just so nonchalant and they were both just so comfortable with how they shrieked at each other around the world for a month :dead:
I seemed to remember that a lot of their fighting didn’t happen until the second half of the race because they were unfortunately underedited throughout the first half. However, they still had their fair share of moments and disagreements in the first half of the season! Unfortunately, most of the season was the Justin show with the supporting cast getting bits and pieces of airtime here and there. I distinctly remember the secret scenes of Logan & Chris were really amazing. Especially in the Netherlands, I remember they were hilarious hot messes at the flower task. Unfortunately these clips seem to be lost forever. Logan & Chris were the stars of the season and the edit should’ve reflected that!
Luckily, we got our fair share of Logan & Chris drama throughout the season, especially the second half of the season. I already touched upon how impressive they were in India. Not only was Chris sick, not only were they U-Turned, not only was the leg extremely linear, but they were also fighting each other every step of the way :wub:. Despite being strong at the tasks, they always disagree on tiny details which leads to them completely blowing up when they can’t seem to agree. Sometimes Logan was in the right and other times Chris was in the right. It doesn’t matter. They will just completely yell at each other all the same :wub:.
Logan & Chris’ peak is definitely in the finale. The TAR 27 finale was actually a great episode, finales tend to bore me. Part of the reason that episode was so great was thanks to Logan & Chris being the hot messes we all know them to be. They tried to steal Kelsey & Joey’s cab, but they got caught and Joey kicked them out of the cab. Logan wanted to resist, but Chris gave up the cab with minimal fight. Of course Logan blew up on Chris and it all went downhill from there :dead:. Logan was mad at Chris doing the rest of the leg without boots, they fought over which flags belong to which countries (mistaking one flag for Oregon along the way and wondering which flag belonged to the country of Africa :dead:). Despite being at the final memory task of the season in dead last place, they were STILL bickering with each other over the taxi drama  :dead:. Logan & Chris were the stars of the season and just entertainment gold all around. I bumped them up a bit hoping they don't finish in last place here. I wouldn't be surprised if they do but...well I tried my best I suppose I can't rank them above actual legends lol. I'm just happy and shocked they even made this final 20!

QK

8. Logan & Chris

team9grab6_3.jpg

Logan and Chris are a dating Paparazzi team that were on season 27.  They fought a lot but they did pretty well finishing in 3rd place. I like them well enough and they aren't really a threat to win so I ranked them here. 

JC

12. Logan & Chris - Season 27, 3rd Place: Most iconic moment was when Phil asked them to donate to the kid's shelter and Chris only gave like 10 bucks or something small :rofl:I legit could not stop laughing at how cheap he was, it was hilarity. Every single other team was like OF COURSE I will donate everything, Chris is like ummm what's the bare minimum I can donate? :dead:

CHRIS

tumblr_nvfmzbtMOn1utpccwo8_250.gif

The Dating Paparazzis were certainly an highlight of Season 27, but unfortunately for them, their season ranks near the bottom for me so I am ranking them here. As well, personally speaking, they do not really compare to the other teams in this Top 20. 

DIANA

14.   Logan & Chris - Season 27, 3rd Place

Meh lol

KEVIN

16. Logan & Chris
Pretty awesome, probably the best part of their season.

AMANDA

As others have said, Logan & Chris are certainly a highlight of a rather underwhelming season. They filled the bickering dating couple slot for the season and they really delivered there, managing to be an entertaining trainwreck team the entire season. Definitely one of the best teams of the season, but I think this is a fair placement for them with all the icons that they're in the Top 20 with.

STEVEN

LOGAN & CHRIS

tumblr_nvfmzbtMOn1utpccwo8_250.gif

I didn't see Logan & Chris making it to the Top 20 of this rankdown. There are many teams I'd rather have seen here in the Top 20 instead. Logan & Chris were a dating paparazzi team that competed on The Amazing Race 27. They were the bickering couple of the season that surprisingly made it to the final leg. They were towards the back of the pack most of the race, so it was a surprise when they lasted until the finale. They were still in the running for the win, but then they ruined their chances after an attempt to get into Kelsey & Joey's taxi. They were allowed to take it, but Chris got out of the taxi after Joey told them to get out. Logan was irritated with Chris after that, and understandably so as Kelsey & Joey went on to win the race and Logan & Chris placed third. Anyway, Logan & Chris are not a Top 20 worthy team in my opinion. The bickering was amusing at times, but they aren't one of the most memorable teams. So, that's why they are last on my rankings.

• Thanks 1

• *Amanda changed the title to The Amazing Race Rankdown (#17 Posted)

ALEX

6. Logan & Chris

12. Pam & Winnie

16. Kami & Karli

20. Adam & Bethany

CHRIS

13. Adam & Bethany

14. Logan & Chris

17. Pam & Winnie

20. Kami & Karli

DIANA

9. Pam & Winnie

13. Kami & Karli

14. Logan & Chris

20. Adam & Bethany

JC

8. Pam & Winnie

12. Logan & Chris

14. Kami & Karli

15. Adam & Bethany

KEVIN

8. Kami & Karli

16. Logan & Chris

18. Pam & Winnie

20. Adam & Bethany

QK

4. Kami & Karli

8. Logan & Chris

11. Adam & Bethany

13. Pam & Winnie

STEVEN

2. Adam & Bethany

16. Pam & Winnie

19. Kami & Karli

20. Logan & Chris

IDF

13. Adam & Bethany

16. Logan & Chris

18. Pam & Winnie

20. Kami & Karli

16. Blake & Paige

Season 2, 3rd Place

xUOkHfA.png

@QueenKalie: 3/20

@*Diana: 5/20

@*Chris: 10/20

@Alex95: 15/20

@JC: 16/20

@Weedy_Speedy: 17/20

@Steven_: 17/20

IDF: 19/20

QK

3. Blake & Paige

eecb4bf671488e0a6e000c0c28ffd503.jpg

Blake & Paige ended up being one of my all time favorite teams along with Gary & Mallory  who have always been my #1 and Monica and Joseph that's my top 3 so I am glad I got 2 of my top 3 in the top 20 at least. They got a really low ranking in the CBS rankdown but that was filled with non Tar watchers so not sure how they will do here because I might be one of the few rankers who likes them so I have very low expectations for them. But they made the top 20 in both rankdowns so I am happy for that at least. What I liked about them was that 1 they were a brother sister team which isn't a common team set up so that's cool. But they always had such a positive attitude and were smiling all the time and were just enjoying the race which was great to see. They made it into the top 3 so they did well on the race. They have both gone on to be pretty successful post  race Blake is the founder of a very successful shoe company called Toms and I think he is married and has a couple of kids. Paige is the founder of a successful clothing chain called Aviator Nation and recently opened up a store near me which I haven't been to but I am glad to see them doing well at least. She posts a lot of pictures from here so not sure if she lives here or not but either way that's cool. 

DIANA

5.      Blake & Paige - Season 2, 3rd Place

I debated who to put in at number 5 and kept landing on Blake and Paige which seemed like a weird choice to me but I kept going back to it and am I am keeping with my gut. Blake and Paige made season 2 what it was to me and I was gutted when they lost. My favorite team that season which I think is probably unpopular but I think they are some of the best brother and sister teams we have ever had even all these years later. I love what at the time was considered “cheating” is the norm in later seasons lol

CHRIS

gUmss.gif

Blake & Paige are probably in my Top 3 team of Season 2 where they were one of the best team to really understand how to have a cutthroat game strategy - I know some people were not always fan of their gameplay but hey, anything to win!  Anyway, I've went back and forth where to rank them but I ended up ranking there simply based on how their "do anything to win" game play. 

ALEX

Blake & Paige

I think Blake & Paige are a bit inconsistent tbh. I really don’t see a proper storyline that they were either involved in or created. I love them for how they helped create the metagame though. If Blake & Paige showed up for the first time on, like, Season 32 they would be a bland, normal sibling team, who would probably do extremely well, but I would actively dislike for being extremely boring. See an Adam & Bethany or Kelsey & Joey perhaps. Blake & Paige were well-utilized in season two though and that saves them as characters. Blake & Paige figuratively held production by gunpoint in the second leg so they would survive (though perhaps they would’ve beaten Hope & Norm anyways idk). If you don’t know the details, Blake & Paige were in the back of the pack and got a broken down Jeep. Nowadays, the producers give out new vehicles to teams who get broken down ones, but they specify that the team will not receive a time credit. Blake & Paige threatened the producers with litigation if they got eliminated for this reason as there were no rules protecting the producers yet :haha:. Lucky for everyone, Blake & Paige did beat Hope & Norm (though it’s a mystery if that was all legit). And though I’ve been saying “Blake & Paige” this entire time I can assume Blake is the catalyst for all this legal stuff cause duh :haha:.
Let’s talk about Paige first because it’ll be quick. One of the rare cases of a male/female pair where the guy is infinitely more interesting and entertaining. Paige is a really cute girl and she seems sweet, but I barely know what her voice sounds like. Blake was clearly the main character here, but I’m grateful for Paige because she supported Blake well and was a great partner to bring him to the end. I think Paige is easily the strongest woman of the first two seasons, and probably one of the strongest of the first few seasons! You’ve got Jill from TAR 3 and Tian from TAR 4 maybe, but Paige did a lot of Roadblocks and she did them well. But let’s be real. The reason this team is so high is because of Blake.
Blake, as I mentioned, kind of reinvented the game of TAR. Blake was frequently thinking five steps ahead and looked to grab whatever time advantage he could get. A lot of his moves, that seem commonplace on TAR now, were groundbreaking at the time. For example, Blake & Paige decided to “disrespect the line” by talking to an open airline worker for help that everyone else was ignoring even though they got to the counter before them. All pretty commonplace stuff. But Peggy & Claire and Cyndi & Russell were SHOCKED over their behavior.
Blake constantly did underhanded stuff that would send everyone into a tizzy. My favorite moment of that is when Blake and Paige snuck up a different path to the pitstop in front of Mary & Peach to check in first and gain like no extra advantage besides making enemies :wub:. Then of course there’s the time where Peggy & Claire overslept and Blake didn’t wake them up cause duh why would he? He’s in last place with them! One of Blake’s more innovative strategic moves was during a metal detector task in the second leg. They had to search for treasure on a beach, but the task wouldn’t open for hours. So during this downtime, he looks into finding his own metal detector to search early so the second the task opens, he’d know exactly where to go and could finish it in record time. Though this plan did not end up working, I loved how he thought outside of the box. My other favorite move made by Blake was pretending to check his bags but just carrying them on the plane so they’d leave first (which also backfired when everyone else found out and Chris & Alex decided to hold everyone hostage on the plane until their bags were ready too <333333333). Blake was also the first person to ever beg for money, and he constantly called places in advance hoping to make reservations. What a forward thinking icon :wub:.
And amongst all this, Blake brought the #drama. His rivalry with Wil started in the very first episode and lasted all the way till the end. Those two men just couldn’t get along (except for one brief moment where they were hating on Gary together ❤️ ). It all started when Wil attempted to cut in front of Blake & Paige at a sign up board in the first leg. Wil of course puts all the blame on Blake and any hope of friendship between the two of them is immediately ruined. They get in a huge fight in the middle of the show where Blake confronts Wil over why he doesn’t like him, but it accomplishes nothing and causes the two of them to dislike each other even more. Because TAR 2 is so narratively satisfying, their arc concludes in a glorious way where Tara & Wil lose their clue in the final leg and have to beg Blake & Paige to look at theirs but they obviously refuse. Blake goes so far as to create a fake clue to go to the most desolate location in the world just for the fun of it :haha:.
Blake & Paige were innovative, fun, and brought the drama. Unfortunately in the episodes they were present they really shined, but they were kind of irrelevant for a lot of it. I also sometimes found their relationship cute and other times found it borderline incestuous (Blake going on about how he wants to marry someone exactly like Paige umm that’s your sister dude). Also, them praying for those who worship “false idols” in Thailand was very nagl when they were supposed to be respecting their culture. Blake’s super successful now as the inventor of TOMS Shoes and donates a lot of his money to ending gun violence so good for him! Overall I am definitely a big fan of this team!

JC

16. Blake & Paige - Season 2, 3rd Place: This is actually an honor to get this placement as it is the last team I need to write a longer writeup for, and they could easily have been exchanged with a few teams a few places up, but I decided to write about Blake & Paige. They were a brother sister team on the second season of the race. I initially could not stand them because Blake just seemed like an entitled idiot, typical straight white boy privileged nonsense. He was quite annoying and unattractive. Paige, on the other hand, was quite likable. She was a sweetheart and did not ever really do anything bad. The most interesting thing about these two was probably the fact that there was a ridiculous amount of love from Blake towards his sister. He praised her constantly and almost like worshipped her, which was quite uncomfortable at times. Like it was borderline incestuous sometimes and made me feel like are they catering towards the "middle America" parts where this is ok? LOL but seriously, I really felt uncomfortable. Perhaps he just had mad respect for his sister, but it was a bit cringey. Paige, on the other hand, again had a normal amount of love for her brother and did not act cringey at all, so perhaps Blake was just socially awkward, and I am just going to assume that he does not have a crush on his sister.

KEVIN

Enjoyable for their season, but I wouldn't have them in the top 20.

STEVEN

gUmss.gif

Blake & Paige made it to the Top 20 of the CBS RTV Rankdown, and here they are again in the end of this rankdown too. I still haven't watched their season of The Amazing Race, so they are one of the teams in this Top 20 I have no attachment to. Therefore, they rank low for me by default. From what I read on their Wiki page, they seemed like a clever and resourceful team. They were the first teams to beg locals for money, ask to borrow their cab driver’s cell phone to gain information, get their bags on a flight while other teams checked theirs, and get preferred parking on a ferry. One of their most clever moves was renting a metal detector to complete a task outside of operating hours. They finished in third place on the race, and then they each went on to start their own companies worth millions of dollars. Congrats to their fans on Blake & Paige making it to another Top 20 of a rankdown.

AMANDA

Coming in at #16 is Blake & Paige. While they had high placements from a couple of rankers, 5 rankings at 15 or lower doomed them to the lower end of this countdown. They were definitely a standout team of their season though, and they were a very smart team which helped carry them far into the race. I really liked them this season. And as mentioned, this is their second appearance in a rankdown Top 20 after making the CBS RTV Rankdown Top 20, so congrats to QK for getting them to this point again.

• *Amanda changed the title to The Amazing Race Rankdown (#16 Posted)

ALEX

6. Logan & Chris

12. Pam & Winnie

15. Blake & Paige

16. Kami & Karli

20. Adam & Bethany

CHRIS

10. Blake & Paige

13. Adam & Bethany

14. Logan & Chris

17. Pam & Winnie

20. Kami & Karli

DIANA

5. Blake & Paige

9. Pam & Winnie

13. Kami & Karli

14. Logan & Chris

20. Adam & Bethany

JC

8. Pam & Winnie

12. Logan & Chris

14. Kami & Karli

15. Adam & Bethany

16. Blake & Paige

KEVIN

8. Kami & Karli

16. Logan & Chris

17. Blake & Paige

18. Pam & Winnie

20. Adam & Bethany

QK

3. Blake & Paige

4. Kami & Karli

8. Logan & Chris

11. Adam & Bethany

13. Pam & Winnie

STEVEN

2. Adam & Bethany

16. Pam & Winnie

17. Blake & Paige

19. Kami & Karli

20. Logan & Chris

IDF

13. Adam & Bethany

16. Logan & Chris

18. Pam & Winnie

19. Blake & Paige

20. Kami & Karli

I will post the winners graphic once all the winners are revealed because I need to find time to put it together. :dead: But here's what we've got so far:

1: Nancy & Emily

2: Oswald & Danny

3: TBD (Remaining: Flo & Zach, Derek & Drew)

4: Kelly & Jon

5: TBD (Remaining: Colin & Christie, Charla & Mirna)

6: Gus & Hera

7: Brian & Greg

8: Weaver Family

9: Joseph & Monica

10: Dustin & Kandice

11: TBD (Remaining: Dustin & Kandice, Charla & Mirna, Oswald & Danny)

12: Ron & Christina

13: Andrew & Dan

14: Tammy & Victor

15: Meghan & Cheyne

16: Dan & Jordan

17: TBD (Remaining: Nat & Kat, Brook & Claire, Gary & Mallory)

18: TBD (Remaining: Gary & Mallory, Ron & Christina)

19: Ernie & Cindy

20: Brendon & Rachel

21: Abbie & Ryan

22: Pam & Winnie

23: Tim & Marie

24: Brendon & Rachel

25: Adam & Bethany

26: Laura & Tyler

27: Logan & Chris

28: Scott & Blair

29: Brooke & Scott

30: Henry & Evan

31: TBD (Remaining: Colin & Christie, Rachel & Elissa)

32: Kaylynn & Haley

10 hours ago, Alex95 said:

So I'm not alone with some of my feelings about their ~relationship~ thanks @JC 🙈 :dead:

No they were definitely weird! Or more so just Blake! Paige was completely normal 😂 

LMAOO some of these comments on Blake & Paige. I was thinking/wondering that they were a couple before reading they were brother/sister. Then reading those Blake comments towards Paige. 🙈

I don't know them but good on them making it this far!

• 1 month later...