Strictly Come Dancing Rankdown (WINNER REVEALED)

*Amanda

• *Amanda changed the title to Strictly Come Dancing Rankdown (Gigi's Nominations Posted)

Well I forgot my camera would be off for my meeting but don't tell my boss lol

Patrick Robinson
x5-C4-PEcac-Jq-Ag-MLx647-Eyi-480-80.jpg

Another possibility unpopular cut from me. Sorry guys. This is pair was liked by the public and lasted very far into season 11. Ironically enough they placed where they were eliminated as the 11th couple. Funny enough. He was paired with So Yoh Think You Can Dance fan favorite Anya Garnis who was a pro for the very first time. She did well for his time which didn't surprise anyone if you know her from the American dance show. She did good with him but they weren't total favorites of mine so I'll cut them now. My favorite dances they did were their Rumba and Waltz which the judges agreed as I believe those were their highest scores. 

Saving Anita Rani

Alex Scott

p07mjzzy.jpg

A former football player turned TV presenter and pundit, Alex Scott appeared on Series 17 of Strictly in 2019 as the first partner of Neil Jones. I had high hopes for this couple and I believe they were my pre-season picks as the winners, and while I did enjoy Alex and rooted for her, I kinda felt like this was a pairing that I never quite vibed with. That being said, I enjoyed watching Alex come out of her shell more over time. My favorite routine of hers was probably her Charleston because that was more of a breakthrough for her at the time? I also did find her Samba fun as it was really fun to see a Sister Act 2-inspired number. :haha:

However at the stage I was ok with her leaving and think she had a good run, especially dealing with a partner switch mid-season due to Neil’s injury (where I do feel like she sometimes seemed a little more at ease working with Kevin). Since her time on the show Alex has been doing great in the presenting world and has been working on lots of shows since. Excited to see what else she does, but she’s a fair cut now.

Saving Debbie McGee

Thom Evans

JS54609259.jpg
Oh gosh, with me having a tough time on what to do this round, I am dreading the remainder of this game. :dead:  Thom Evans is a former international rugby player and model, who competed on the 12th series of Strictly Come Dancing and was partnered with Iveta Lukosiute.

I am pleasantly surprised with Thom making it this far, as he usually struggles to make the Top 100 in Strictly games but he made the Top 72 here. 😮 I do think Thom was kinda robbed and deserved to last longer in his series. He was apart of an unfortunate Bottom 2 against Simon Webbe on Week 5, and Simon had the better dance that week and stayed....meaning Thom went. I was happy for Simon staying but sad for Thom, as he was really growing and coming into his own with his Charleston and Foxtrot. :( Here is a look at his run:

Week 1: Waltz to "You Raise Me Up" - 23
Week 2: Salsa to "Hot, Hot, Hot" - 25
Week 3: Charleston to "New York, New York" - 38 out of 50 (31 with the 4 regular judges, minus Donny's 7 score)
Week 4: Foxtrot to "Build Me Up Buttercup" - 30
Week 5: Cha-Cha to "It's My Party" - 27

I do like Thom and happy for him making it this far, but I just don't think he should make it through over the other remaining nominees. But a #71 finish for a robbed 12th placer is a great finish for him. He also finished 5th for Series 12 here which is fantastic (but don't think he should have beat out Simon or Jake but oh well). Since his time on Strictly, Thom was in that rugby boy band called Try Star, who competed on X Factor Celebrity get to in 2019, and he's also dating Queen Nicole Scherzinger (or at least was? I'm not sure if they are still together). But lucky guy! Maybe my jealousy had a say it in this elimination. 🙂 lmao I'm kidding. My favorite dances of Thom's were his Charleston and Foxtrot.

Saving: Scott Maslen

GreenOddAfricanharrierhawk-max-1mb.gif

ORE ODUBA

1482070415-strictly-come-dancing-2016-winner-ore-joanne-fist-pump.gif

I've went back and forth on my decision as I enjoyed both of them on their respective season, but I decided to save the one that I personally preferred the most and rooted for which meant that I am cutting Ore Oduba from the rankdown.  Prior to appearing on the 14th series in 2016, Ore was known for being a television reporter. Upon joining the series, he got partnered with Joanne Clifton where they quickly form a strong partnership - they delivered a strong Tango to receive a 27 for their first routine.  He was fairly consistent during the second week of the competition then he started showing off his improvement during the thrid week where he delivered a strong American Smooth - they received a 35 and as much I am not a fan of American Smooth in general, I thought his routine was very strong.  However, he really impressed me during Week 4 with a Jive to Bruno Mars' Runway Baby - certainly an highlight of his journey. Throughout his journey, he proved to be a contender especially when it came to the more traditional ballroom dances but still being able to be capable to branch out in other styles - I personally enjoyed his Charleston (more than his Salsa), Vienesse Waltz, Quickstep, and Argentina Tango; I loved it when he was showing more personality in the routines.

He obviously almost got the chopped in Week 7 against Laura Whitmore - I don't think either should have been in the bottom; I decided that I should switch things up and save her over Ore, this time around. Anyway, he still went on to win and has appeared in musicals since winning which is very neat to see him put what he learned on the series to good use. Anyway, apologies to any fans but I personally preferred Laura's routines more so I couldn't justify cutting her from the rankdown.

SAVING: LAURA WHITMORE

• Like 1

• *Amanda changed the title to Strictly Come Dancing Rankdown (Diana Nominates Next)

JAMELIA

U6upNl.gif

Jamelia is an incredible singer who had hits such as "So High", "I Do", and "Superstar" - she had an incredible career over the years but it certainly wasn't always easy for her. And of course, she was always up for a challenge hence why she signed up for Strictly Come Dancing in 2015 for the series' 15th series. She was partnered with the ever so handsome, Tristan MacManus :wub: .  Her journey on the series was a rollercoaster one - she delivered middle of the road routines at the exceptions of  her Charleston,  in my opinion. The icon that is Jamelia is best remembered for being the dance-off queen - she appeared in the bottom a total of four times before getting eliminated after her fifth time in the bottom.  She was certainly a fun celebrity to have on the series but she just wasn't meant to dance, and considering where we are in the rankdown, I think it's a fair spot for her - congrats to everyone who fought to get her to this point, especially Lily!

SAVING: MATT BAKER

• Like 1

1 hour ago, *Lily said:

Still together! :wub:

Oh yayy,that's great! ❤️

1 hour ago, *Lily said:

It’s not just me who forgot about our private immunities right 🙈 :dead: I’m guessing they’ve expired now though? :lmao:

Lol yes, they have. :haha:

• Like 1

Ooh I find myself agreeing on every word on Alex that Lily wrote. She was my pre-series fave and while she didn't really meet expectations, I still really enjoyed her. :yes: I nearly chose her as my cut so a fair spot.

Ah, seeing Ore vs Laura again was tough. I was gonna be happy or sad for them both either. I nearly saved Ore, and I knew if I hadn't, he would have gone... and he did. :( I just used my immunity on him just so he wouldn't have gone before the Top 100 which I feared for him, so yay for accomplishing getting him further. Great write-up, Chris. Happy for Laura, as I do also really like her too.

Jamelia, the dance off Queen. ❤️ Really like her too but this is a fair spot for her. Well done to Lily & Gigi getting her this far. :yes:

• Like 1