Strictly Come Dancing Rankdown (WINNER REVEALED)

*Amanda

5 hours ago, *Lily said:

I low-key wasn’t a big fan of Simon on the show but I think I was just bitter when he won the dance-off over Pixie. :ph34rwave: But I’ve come to appreciate him since then and I do love his Argentine Tango.

Well, obviously Pixie deserved to win that dance-off. I forget the reasoning they used when they saved Simon over her, but I’m sure it was something ridiculous. :dead: 

5 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

Well, obviously Pixie deserved to win that dance-off. I forget the reasoning they used when they saved Simon over her, but I’m sure it was something ridiculous. :dead: 

I just remember whatever the BS reason was obviously came from Len, no surprise. :yawn:

Austin Healey is best known for his career as a professional rugby player, notably for the Leicester Tigers - do I know who they are? Absolutely not.  But as rugby & football players are seen the way as American football players, it is no surprise that he was cast to be part of the 6th series in 2008. He was partnered with Erin Boag and they were able to reach the quarterfinals. Throughout his time on the series, Austin was very impressive and proved to be a contender - I found him to be very consistent and I never really disliked any of his routines.  However, I do not really care for him that much and I am fine with him getting eliminated from the rankdown - I will update this later with picture and routines that I like.

SAVE: ZOE LUCKER

8 hours ago, *Lily said:

I low-key wasn’t a big fan of Simon on the show but I think I was just bitter when he won the dance-off over Pixie. :ph34rwave: But I’ve come to appreciate him since then and I do love his Argentine Tango.

2 hours ago, *Amanda said:

2 hours ago, *Lily said:

I just remember whatever the BS reason was obviously came from Len, no surprise. :yawn:

Gahhh yeah this was so awkward because Pixie was my fave and Simon was up there as one of my main faces too. Although I would have preferred Pixie to stay.

They both scored the same that night, I believe. But Len hated Pixie's Cha Cha with a passion because it had illegal lifts in it. He slated Trent on that.... But he took that chance to eliminate and rob them. :/

I didn't take it out on Simon personally but understand Lily on that. I took my bitterness out on Len.

• Like 1

Emma Weymouth is best known for bring a British socialite, fashion model, and more importantly Viscountess Weymouth following her marriage to Ceawlin Thynn - most recently, she became the first Black marchioness in British history after Ceawlin succeeded his father.  But most importantly, the mainstream audience of Idolforums know her for her appearance on the 17th series of Strictly Come Dancing in 2019  - she was partnered with Aljaz Skorjanec. On the series, I thought she showed great potential especially in the middle part of the series with her Jive, Vienesse Waltz and Charleston.  However, she was eliminated in 9th place after a routine that didn't measure up to her previous routine - I think Emma B. should have went home before Emma W.  But overall, I think this is the right time for Marchioness of Bath to leave the rankdown. 

SAVE: SUSANNAH REID

CYCLE 9: THE DANCE-OFF

7713503-high-.jpg

(Fitting, as we were just talking about their dance-off earlier. :haha: )

It's time for another rankdown staple - the battle rounds! And again, because there are only 5 of you, you will be doing TWO battles when it is your turn to nominate.

RULES

1. When it is their turn to nominate, a ranker will post 2 different dance-off pairs (ex: celeb a vs. celeb b; celeb c vs celeb d).

2. The other 4 rankers will vote for which celeb they want to save in each of the 2 battles.

3. The celeb with the most votes in each battle will be saved while the other celeb will be eliminated.

4. If there is a tie, the nominator gets to break the tie.

6. You cannot nominate the celebs who were saved in the round immediately before yours.

5. The nominator is responsible for write-ups for both of their eliminated celebs.

NOMINATION ORDER

Lkx3IuY.png

1. @*Lily

2. @*Wallace

3. @*Chris

4. @*Diana

5. @taylorkat

Lily cannot nominate:

Michelle Visage

Stacey Dooley

Alexandra Burke

Clara Amfo

Ore Oduba

Matt Baker

Claudia Fragapane

Kellie Bright

Zoe Lucker

Susanna Reid

• *Amanda changed the title to Strictly Come Dancing Rankdown (Cycle 9 - The Dance-Off)

My vote doesn't matter now but I would have voted with the majority anyway.

Gemma Atkinson (Diana, Gigi, Chris, Wallace) vs. Catherine Tyldesley

Davood Ghadami vs. Ashley Taylor Dawson (Diana, Gigi, Chris, Wallace)

Catherine Tyldesley

p07mc322.jpg

I think Catherine is pretty sweet but was kinda an easy target for me at this round. I think she did an alright job but overall, felt that her journey wasn't enough to take her much further here. I enjoyed her partnership with Johannes and thought they made for a fun pair. She had a breakthrough moment with her Rumba in Movie Week which was really a pretty dance but I felt like she didn't meet that level of performance for the rest of her time. Obviously I think she should have been saved over the BBC favorite Mike who lasted too long during his time, but beyond that I'm not sure if I could have seen her going much further in the series. She just didn't feel like too much of a natural performer and overall someone who's a little forgettable for me from her series.

Davood Ghadami

StrictlyDavoodNadiya-1.jpg?quality=45&resize=620,413

I liked Davood well enough on his series but, looking back, for someone who made it to the top six on a recent series I don't really have a great recollection of him during his time. I thought he made a nice first partner for Nadiya but I felt like neither of them were really big personalities which made them fade out a little bit for me. I enjoyed their Charleston which scored them some tens and their highest score of the series, but I feel like maybe Davood started to peak a little late in the game. By the time we got to top six, Alexandra, Debbie and Joe really had great showings, and I feel like Mollie and Gemma maybe were two of the weaker dancers but had bigger or more rootable personalities? Davood is fine overall but his journey was just a little forgettable for me personally hence the reason to nominate him.

Also, the blatant favoritism they showed for Mike that season was gross. Catherine and the other females have one weaker dance and the judges give them super harsh critiques and scores, but Mike got 8’s and praise for showing up. :rolleyes:

Nothing new, I know, but that season in particular left a bad taste in my mouth. Probably because the critiques of the females came off as more of a personal attack rather than constructive criticism more often than not.

• Like 1