Strictly Come Dancing Rankdown (WINNER REVEALED)

*Amanda

If @*Diana is still around, she can go. If not, then this is on hold until Sunday evening since she asked for an extension.

Chris Hollins

Dev Griffin

Lesley Garrett

Lisa Riley
Saffron Barker
Susanna Reid

Edited by *Amanda

Dev Griffin
dev-dianne-strictly-t.jpg

Dev was paired with Dianne.. he was someone I think she thought she had a lot of potential to win with based on her really rough reaction to their cut. She was gutted and it was hard to watch at the time especially when they had done so well the week before. Despite me cutting I'll stand by the judges were truly ridiculous with their reasoning to not save these two in their dance off the week they were eliminated. It was shocking and unfortunate to see them go with more potential than the couple eliminated. Their Street/Commercial Disney week should have been enough to save him truly one of the best dances from that week but alas it wasn't and they were cut and now they are cut here.

Saving: Lesley Garrett

Sunetra Sarker

CS69461908.jpg

I am a little surprised Sunetra made it this far into the game. I do like her but figured she would have left around the/near the Top 100 stage or barely make it above that stage, but she made it into the Top 80 which is really good and I'm not complaining about it. Sunetra Sarker is an actress, best known for playing Zoe Hanna on the BBC medical soap - Casualty. But we mostly know her for competing on the 12th series of Strictly Come Dancing with her partner, Brendan Cole. Sunetra lasted 10 weeks and made it to 7th place. Here is a look at her run:

Week 1: Tango to "Bad Case of Loving You (Doctor, Doctor)" - 24
Week 2: Cha-Cha to "Million Dollar Bill" - 26
Week 3: American Smooth to "The Way You Look Tonight" - 40 (out of 50) / 31 (from the regular judges, excluding Donny Osmond's 9)
Week 4: Salsa to "Turn the Beat Around" - 27
Week 5: Viennese Waltz to "Anyone Who Had a Heart" - 30
Week 6: Jive to "Tainted Love" - 27
Week 7: Foxtrot to "All of Me" - 31
Week 8: Samba to "I Don't Feel Like Dancin'" - 30
Week 9: Waltz to "Last Request" - 30
Week 10: Rumba to "Girl From Ipanema" - 27

As I said earlier, I did like Sunetra and found her to be a likable rootable underdog type contestant. I did feel there was something kinda awkward in her partnership with Brendan? Like maybe he seemed kinda checked out or didn't give it his all for Sunetra. While she was a delightful student eagered to learn to dance. I could be off and remembering wrong but that was how I felt. However, I was more into the Top 6 contestants that series (Caroline, Frankie, Simon, Mark, Jake & Pixie) and felt they were all better dancers, so she left at the perfect time for me where see came in 7th. Of the above dances, my favorite from Sunetra was her American Smooth, which I thought was a classy beautiful Fred & Ginger type dance. ❤️ I also enjoyed a number of her other ballroom dances such as her Viennese Waltz, Foxtrot and Waltz. I didn't enjoy her Latin as much, but I think I enjoyed her Cha-Cha and Salsa the most there. I'll close this out with linking my fave dance of hers, the American Smooth.

Saving: Joe McFadden

tumblr_p16n4dJjZG1vxrjhdo9_540.gifv

Lisa Riley 

strictly-fight-revealed-backstage-lisa-r

Lisa Riley is an actress that is known for her role on ITV soap opera Emmerdale as Mandy Dingle. She won an NTA award in 1996.  She hosted the show You've Been Framed for five years.  She has had roles in multiple other television programs as well.  She toured theater productions, including The Play What I Wrote and Calendar Girls.  Lisa competed in the tenth series of Strictly Come Dancing and her partner was Robin Windsor.  They danced a Cha-Cha (30), Viennese Waltz (25), Jive (29), Charleston (26), Tango (27), Foxtrot (32), Samba (32), Rumba (27), Quickstep (31), Tango/Cha-Cha (30), Salsa (31), and an American Smooth (32).  They landed in the bottom with Denise and James, which resulted in them finishing in fifth place.

Save Chris Hollins

SAFFRON BARKER

giphy.gif

When she appeared on the 17th series of Strictly Come Dancing, Saffron Barker was known for being a social media having more than 4 million followers - this success led her to become a bestseller author and owner of three homeware ranges. She was partnered with AJ Pritchard - one of my favourite partnership of his as I thought they complimented each other throughout the series.  And while she was not my personality favourite throughout the series, I thought she showed great potential and had some excellent routines - Tango during Week 3 (one of the better memorable routines of hers), her contemporary, her foxtrot, her jive, and of course her Waltz which was near perfection.  She wasn't a terrible dancer but I just never really connecter with her hence why I was fine with cutting her from the rankdown. That being said, here's some of my favourites :

• *Amanda changed the title to Strictly Come Dancing Rankdown (Wally Nominates Next)

Apologies for the delay. This was tough. I struggled on a few noms, but finally got it all figured out.

Nominations:

Jodie Kidd

Natalie Cassidy

Zoe Lucker

Jamelia

Greg Rutherford

Gemma Atkinson

Michelle Visage

Clara Amfo

Cut/Save order:

1. @*LilyLily - she put me first so i gotta return the favor there

2. @taylorkattaylorkat - moving her up this time.

3. @*ChrisChris - he's usually busy but think he:s around more than Diana this weekend

4. @*Diana - she's away over the weekend and will probably be back later tonight.

Jodie Kidd

Jodie-Kidd.jpg

Jodie is someone who I am glad has been able to make it this far - I really enjoyed her on her season and her partnership with Ian was a perfect match. Jodie is a former model, who appeared on Series 6 in 2008. Early on in the competition she struggled, being in the bottom two on her first week and mostly scoring in the middle of the pack. Unsurprisingly, as a taller girl at 6'2", she struggled moreso in her Latin performances and came across kinda awkward in a lot of those. But I enjoyed a lot of her ballroom dances and think she really managed to grow as a contestant. Alongside that I always thought she had a fun and engaged personality which made her someone easy to root for, and it eventually took her to the top six of her season. However I do feel she is a fair cut at this stage and I'm glad she's the fourth highest placer of her season.

Saving Jamelia

Edited by *Lily

Zoe Lucker

BB199392STRICTLYCOMEDANC.jpg&ehk=Pwqz9rw

Zoe Lucker is an actress that is known for her role as Tanya Turner in ITV's drama series Footballers' Wives. She has also appeared as Tanya in the sister program called Bad Girls. Since leaving the series, she has also appeared in the BBC drama Holby Blue and gave birth to a girl that she named Lily.  Zoe danced in the seventh series of Strictly Come Dancing and her partner was James Jordan.  They danced a Waltz (30), Rumba (31), Paso Doble (31), Foxtrot (33), Jive (30), American Smooth (33), and a Samba (32).  She was fairly consistent, receiving individual scores of 7, 8, or 9 each time.  She didn't have a chance to receive a 10 before she was eliminated in, coincidentally, tenth place.

Save Greg Rutherford

Natalie Cassidy
article-1224618-070941-E2000005-DC-694-4

Natalie Cassidy is a British Soap English actress. She played Sonia Fowler in EastEnders for years and also participated in celebrity big brother as well as Strictly Come Dancing during its 9th season. She danced with pro Vincent Simon during that season. Despite making 9 weeks of the completion she never scored a 10 and mostly averaged 7 and 8 with a few 9s thrown in. I have saved her before but you guys were nice and left Gemma for me so Natalie was left with no shot of being saved this round over Gemma who is honestly a favorite of mine so I am sorry for any Natalie and Vincent fans. Her Foxtrot was my favorite of their dances. They were likeable as a pair but didn't have the best dancing abilities so this is a good place for Natalie to go.

Saving: Gemma Atkinson

Oh wow this round went faster than I thought. :dead:

I think fair cuts all around. Its getting difficult to nominate as I like everyone to a certain extent now...... which of course I would. :haha:

Enjoyed reading all of the write-ups, but dang, wow... Jodie is 6'2"? :omg: She's slightly taller than me. :haha:

59 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Enjoyed reading all of the write-ups, but dang, wow... Jodie is 6'2"? :omg: She's slightly taller than me. :haha:

I knew she was tall but I was shook at that when I googled it. :omg: I’m guessing she’s the tallest or at least one of the tallest women on Strictly, that I can think of.

clara-amfo.gif

Clara Amfo is best known for being a television presenter, mainly on BBC Radio 1. She appeared on the most recent series of Strictly Come Dancing in 2021 - it was the 18th series.  She was partnered with Aljaz Skorjanec  and I thought he was really able to capture Clara's joie de vivre in every routine.  She started the series with a middle of road routine, a Cha Cha Cha - I was expecting more from her in that routine but still one of the highlight of the first episode.  She didn't really improve for the following two weeks but she absolutely nailed her Charleston - a Charleston was made for her and she nailed it; One of the highlight of the series.  She was unable to deliver another routines as iconic as her Charleston. She finished in 7th place; And I think this is a good spot for her to leave - congrats to Lily and anyone else who fought for her throughout the rankdown.

We will end with her near-perfection Charleston :

SAVING: MICHELLE VISAGE

• Like 1

Clara. ❤️

I do really like her, but it was hard to leave her off my noms with just one amazing dance while others have had more standouts. :( Happy she made it this far though and 3rd for S18. And a rightful Top 2 of Maisie and HRVY for S18 too. ❤️