Strictly Come Dancing Rankdown (WINNER REVEALED)

*Amanda

Katie Derham

katie-derham-and-anton-du-beke-0eee39314

In the Katie vs. Michelle battle, Katie was my intended target to go so thank you rankers for voting that way. :haha: Katie Derham is a BBC Proms presenter & BBC Radio 3 newcaster and presenter, who competed on the 13th series of Strictly Come Dancing, where she partnered IDF's favorite, Anton du Beke. Here is a look at their run:

Week 1: Jive to "Roll Over Beethoven" - 26
Week 2: Tango to "Telephone" - 28
Week 3: Cha-Cha to "Pretty Woman" - 20
Week 4: Viennese Waltz to "If I Can Dream" - 33
Week 5: Salsa to "It Had Better Be Tonight" - 21
Week 6: Paso Doble to "The Phantom of the Opera" - 21
Week 7: Quickstep to "42nd Street" - 26
Week 8: Rumba to "Never Never Never" - 31
Week 9: American Smooth to "Ain't That a Kick in the Head?" - 35
Week 10: Argentine Tango to "Libertango" - 32
Week 11: Foxtrot to "Maybe This Time" - 35
Week 12: Charleston to "Too Darn Hot" - 25
Week 12: Waltz to "O mio babbino caro" - 31
Week 13: Quickstep reprise to "42nd Street" - 31
Week 13: Showdance to "O Fortuna" - 31

Overall, Katie was a good dancer and had some great moments on the show. But the thing that kinda annoyed me about Katie's run, was how the show majorly pimped and propped up Anton for ~finally~ have a capable partner that could dance and get him into the final. I felt the storyline was huge and worked in their favor, where it ended up robbing superior dancers in Helen George or a more rootable underdog in Anita Rani, both of whom I would have preferred in the finale over Katie. And this storyline became more about Anton than Katie herself. Katie delivered some stunning ballroom routines - namely dances like the Tango, Viennese Waltz, American Smooth and Foxtrot were amongst my favorite dances from her. But with having Anton, as her partner, her Latin dances simply weren't up to par. They did have a good and promising Jive on Week 1. But her Cha-Cha, Salsa, Paso Doble and Charleston were not good and all quite yikes type dances. I felt like their lack of delivering good Latin dances excused their run to still have that push to get Anton in the final for the first time. That just greatly annoyed me. Other than that, Katie was a fine and decent dancer but she simply didn't excite me, for the most part. She was my least fave of the Final 8 that series as well. But yeah, I think her making the Top 90 is fair. 

I will close this out with my favorite dance of Katie's, which was her Viennese Waltz.

Peter Andre

OIP.D3zsZX6U_pL9zXj_S7JZSAHaKe?pid=ImgDe

Peter Andre is a singer born in Britain that moved to Australia as a child.  He has appeared on the shows Hey Hey It's Saturday, I'm A Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here, and Katie & Peter with his first wife, model Katie Price.  After recording his second album, he broke the UK market with his single Mysterious Girl, which reached #2 in the UK Top 40 singles chart.  He was on the thirteenth series of Strictly Come Dancing and his partner was Janette Manrara.  They danced a Cha-Cha (30), Quickstep (30), Paso Doble (28), Tango (32), Rumba (29), Foxtrot (28), Charleston (38), Viennese Waltz (34), Jive (29), and finally, an American Smooth (31).  They finished in seventh place.

Ranvir Singh

R.58cfac959915de1b71dd9ca65188b6e9?rik=P

Ranvir Singh is a journalist that was born and raised in Preston.  She spent twelve years at the BBC as a producer, reporter, and presenter. She co-presented BBC North West Tonight.  In 2010, she was awarded Best On Screen Talent at the Royal Television Society's North West Awards. She is a regular newsreader on ITN news and anchor for ITV's Tonight.  She has fronted Eat, Shop, Save and Loose Women.  She appeared on the eighteenth series of Strictly Come Dancing and her partner was Giovanni Pernice.  They danced a Paso Doble (21), Quickstep (21), Foxtrot (27), Cha-Cha (20), Argentine Tango (27), American Smooth (24), Viennese Waltz (27), Waltz (26), and her lowest scored dance, a Jive (18).  They finished fifth out of twelve couples.

Oof Janette lost a few partners back to back. 🙈 But I think that means Aston & HRVY are her last two partners left, so that's right/fair.

Now this has me curious of how the pros are represented of this remaining Top 80. I may figure this out later. :haha:

So these should be the stats of the Pros with the remaining celebs:

Brendan - 5
Aljaz - 5
Kevin - 5
Giovanni - 5

Ian - 4
Vincent - 4
Pasha - 4

Natalie - 3
James - 3
Artem - 3
Aliona - 3

Darren - 2
Flavia - 2
Camilla - 2
Ola - 2
Oti - 2
AJ - 2
Gorka - 2
Janette - 2
Dianne - 2

Anton - 1
Erin - 1
Karen Hardy - 1
Lilia - 1
Matthew - 1
Brian - 1
Kristina - 1
Robin - 1
Anya - 1
Karen Hauer - 1
Trent - 1
Iveta - 1
Gleb - 1
Tristan - 1
Joanne - 1
Katya - 1
Amy - 1
Neil - 1

• Like 1

JONNIE PEACOCK

WelldocumentedNecessaryBobwhite-max-1mb.

Jonnie Peacock is best known for winning the gold at the 2012 Summer Paralympics, in his home country, as well in 2016 - he's a sprinter and competes in the 100 metres events.  As a double gold medalist in the 100m event, he felt like a right fit for BBC One to invite him to participate in the 15th series of Strictly Come Dancing - he made history by being the first amputee paralympian to participate on the series. He was partnered with ever so flawless, Oti Mabuse - I personally thought the majority of his routines were either hit or miss; He was able to impress the first few weeks of the competition but was unable to deliver the same level of routines for the remainder of the series. He finished in 8th place which is also where he finished on the overall leaderboard.

MICHELLE WILLIAMS

CleanTotalIlsamochadegu-size_restricted.

Miss Michelle Williams, also known for being part of Destiny's Child and always being in Beyonce & Kelly's shadow #poormichelle, competed on the 8th series of Strictly Come Dancing in 2010 where she was partnered with Brendan Cole.  And like many, I was super excited for her appearance on Strictly, but she was unable to really live up to the expectactions - our Michelle was simply not a ballroom dancer #PoorMichelle. She did have some decent routines like her Waltz and her Jive, but really nothing that stood out.  Luckily for her, we dragged her in this rankdown as far as we could but I feel the time had come for us to eliminate Michelle from the rankdown #PoorMichelle.

#PoorMichelle :( :giggle:

I thought she was hilarious on Strictly and so much fun, love how she kept surviving the odds to make it as far as she did..but from her dancing she is more than a fair cut for now. :haha:

I also still just can’t believe she was on Strictly it felt so random when it happened :wub: :dead:

Edited by *Lily
  • Like 2

Michelle was who got me into Strictly. :wub: So I will always appreciate her for that. It's such a shame she didn't meet our expectations on her run, but still glad she did the show. Although I am curious why she did Strictly over DWTS (as she seems a better fit for the latter). But yeah, this is definitely more than a fair spot for her to go out here. :haha:

Also agree on everything Chris said on Jonnie. He had such a strong start on his run, but sadly faltered on his last few weeks. :(

• Like 2

CYCLE 10 - YOU CHOOSE THE CUT ORDER

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47m3r3qdmpziovjx77r2

This cycle will give the nominator more power than usual. Instead of simply posting the nominees, you get to choose the order that your fellow rankers get to cut in.

No need to send me the order first. When you post your nominees, you will also post the order you want people to make their cuts/saves in.

Who do you trust the most to cut your intended targets? Will your decision with the cut order work out the way you want it to? We'll soon find out.

CYCLE RULES

1. When it is their turn, each ranker will post their 8 nominees as well as the order that the other rankers will make their cuts/saves in.

2. In the order that the nominator decides, the other 4 rankers will cut 1 celeb and save 1 celeb each.

3. Each write-up needs to be 100 words to count.

4. You cannot nominate any celeb saved in the round immediately before yours.

5. If you take longer than 24 hours to post your cut/save decision, you lose your turn and will be pushed to the back of the line. If you still haven't made your decision by the time another 24 hours has passed from the last cut made, you forfeit your cut/save and the nominator decides instead.

NOMINATION ORDER

x44N6ny.png

1. @*Lily

2. @*Wallace

3. @taylorkat

4. @*Diana

5. @*Chris

Lily is up first! She cannot nominate Alex Scott and Mark Wright

• *Amanda changed the title to Strictly Come Dancing Rankdown (Cycle 10 Posted)

Ok I had no idea how to go about this order (it would probably be easier if we all had disagreements but I feel like we've mostly been on the same page so far :dead:)..so I hope everyone is ok with where they are. :haha:

1. @*Wallace

2. @*Diana

3. @*Chris

4. @taylorkat

Nominations

Chris Hollins

Dev Griffin
Joe McFadden

Lesley Garrett

Lisa Riley
Saffron Barker

Sunetra Sarker
Susanna Reid

57 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Ok I had no idea how to go about this order (it would probably be easier if we all had disagreements but I feel like we've mostly been on the same page so far :dead:)..so I hope everyone is ok with where they are. :haha:

1. @*Wallace

2. @*Diana

3. @*Chris

4. @taylorkat

Nominations

Chris Hollins

Dev Griffin
Joe McFadden

Lesley Garrett

Lisa Riley
Saffron Barker

Sunetra Sarker