What about a Country TV spin-off?

eidi

With almost half of Top 9 singing country this time and a lot of county winners and runner-ups (many of them unfairly), it came again to my mind an idea for a Country The Voice as a spin-off of the main show.

It will please everyone: NBC because of the high viewer rating (they spent money on flops like Songland, so why not?), country stans as they would have their own TV show and non-country fans who will finally have a diversified and mixed top 9.

Do you think it will resonate well among the audience?

Edited by eidi
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Bk1234 said:

No, I would not like it at all. :no: What I really like about the Voice so much is that there are multiple genres to enjoy and learn about. 

In theory yes, but let's be honest that we only learn about multiple gentes INSIDE country.

For example I love rock and I see many rockers have a bad time on TV with only Chloe winning and even so she sang more 80's than actual rock. Maybe they would have better chances in this separated format

• Confused 2

11 minutes ago, Daillon said:

I think everyone would hate that idea, including most country fans. 

But they would have their own TV show, so why would they hate it?

Also I see many people complaining here that Jake Worthington placed higher than Christina Grimmie for example or even recently that Tanner Gomes defeated Marisa Corvo... So all of them would have equal chances with that.

Edited by eidi

4 minutes ago, eidi said:

In theory yes, but let's be honest that we only learn about multiple gentes INSIDE country.

For example I love rock and I see many rockers have a bad time on TV with only Chloe winning and even so she sang more 80's than actual rock. Maybe they would have better chances in this separated format

I don’t know what show you’re watching, but there have been plenty of artists not associated with country music. 

Edited by Bk1234
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, eidi said:

But they would have their own TV show, so why would they hate it?

Because people probably won’t like watching the same thing over and over??

I know some people here think that country fans are evil or something but this is taking it too far.

• Like 2

Just now, Bk1234 said:

I don’t know what show you’re watching, but there have been plenty of artists not associated with country music. 

Yes but they have a hard time during the show. Another example is indie artists that have difficult to reach lives and get votes.

Basically in this show we only see R&b artists, some pop acts and country people, but the latter is the audience that IMO is big enough to support a show of their own

4 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I’m just going to assume you realize this wouldn’t work from a ratings standpoint, and let you have your fun. 

Why do you think it wouldn't work from a ratings standpoint as country audience is so big that they voted for more than 1/4 of TV winners?

Edited by eidi

3 minutes ago, Daillon said:

Because people probably won’t like watching the same thing over and over??

I know some people here think that country fans are evil or something but this is taking it too far.

Don't they have CMA? What's the difference other than having a show to discover new people singing country? Obviously I would reduce the number of the seasons per year, but keep regular TV and country TV for people to watch whatever they want whenever they can. I can only imagine...

There was this Real Country TV Game show that last only 1 season on USA network and never got a 2nd season they even promote it on The Voice with a cameo. 

The Four was leaning way more toward R&B and RAP "eat, eat, eat". No longer on the air.

• Like 1

Just now, Dany said:

There was this Real Country TV Game show that last only 1 season on USA network and never got a 2nd season they even promote it on The Voice with a cameo. 

The Four was leaning way more toward R&B and RAP "eat, eat, eat". No longer on the air.

Didn't know that. But is this County TV show similar to TV?

9 minutes ago, eidi said:

Didn't know that. But is this County TV show similar to TV?

I only watch 1 episode. Each episode you have country band or solo artist  competing for the episode winner and a Finale with all the episode winner competing for a grand  show winner.

Frankly I don't remember much. I'm not even sure if what I said was the right format. 

As someone who's not a huge fan of country relative to other genres, I don't think this is a good idea. I think the whole fun of a show like this is that sometimes someone your favorite wins, and sometimes they don't. It would be boring if a country singer always won, just as it would always be boring if an rnb singer always won. As much as we complain about country and country-adjacent winners, TPTB has made sure to keep a balance between country and noncountry winners in the past seasons, and I'm sure they can continue to. Even if support increases for country singers, I'm sure that TPTB would be willing to utilize its vote-editing powers to keep it balanced because they'll want to keep their casual or noncountry-fan viewers. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

As someone who's not a huge fan of country relative to other genres, I don't think this is a good idea. I think the whole fun of a show like this is that sometimes someone your favorite wins, and sometimes they don't. It would be boring if a country singer always won, just as it would always be boring if an rnb singer always won. As much as we complain about country and country-adjacent winners, TPTB has made sure to keep a balance between country and noncountry winners in the past seasons, and I'm sure they can continue to. Even if support increases for country singers, I'm sure that TPTB would be willing to utilize its vote-editing powers to keep it balanced because they'll want to keep their casual or noncountry-fan viewers. 

Agreed with you. With a country TV we wouldn't have that epic moment of Alisan winning over Adam 😂

Edited by eidi
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Forget having a country spin-off.  I've always thought they should just bring back Nashville Star on CMT.  Then, all the country artists could just flock there, and leave this show alone.

Good idea! I approve this message

• Like 1

11 hours ago, eidi said:

With almost half of Top 9 singing country this time and a lot of county winners and runner-ups (many of them unfairly), it came again to my mind an idea for a Country The Voice as a spin-off of the main show.

It will please everyone: NBC because of the high viewer rating (they spent money on flops like Songland, so why not?), country stans as they would have their own TV show and non-country fans who will finally have a diversified and mixed top 9.

Do you think it will resonate well among the audience?

NO WAY.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, eidi said:

Why? Discuss. I think by your pic you liked Jordan. Unfortunately he was an exception. Hardly a pop singer like him wins :(

Country isn't bad imao but maybe I'm sayin this coz I like country. :giggle:Btw I don't think that we had A LOT of Country winners/Runner-ups. There have been only 5 country winners out of 18(Danielle/Craig/Sundance/Chevel/Jake). And if you take winners out then there have been only 13 country finalists(The Swon Brothers/Jake Worthington/Barrett Baber/Emily Ann Roberts/Adam Wakefield/Josh Gallagher/Lauren Duski/Red Marlowe/Spensha Baker/Kirk Jay/Gyth Rigdon/Dexter Roberts/Andrew Sevener). I don't think it's a big number. Some people say that Country always prevail on the voice but this isn't the truth. Pop and R&B are equally popular as well.

Also if THE VOICE ever do this, then the show wont last long.

Btw I love Jordan he is my fav contestant ever. :wub:

• Like 2