Pandora's Box: A Random Idol Rankings Thread

Crisis

On 3/3/2021 at 9:15 PM, Crisis said:

Reveal hidden contents

I had a feeling he was your type, but I wasn't going to say anything; after all, I have my types as well. :giggle: Naya's death was really difficult to learn about, especially the circumstances surrounding it. :( Santana was one of my favorite characters from the little I watched. Completely understandable about the Sam character. :yes: It'll probably be the same for me. :haha: Happy to see you appreciate the compliments from that clip. I guessed I watched a different video; I'll re-watch it and see if I can spot him. :yes:

Ooh, that had to be a harrowing experience. One would think of using the correct signal before turning. At least nothing bad appeared to happen from it. 🤗 There aren't that many roundabouts where I live, so this is something I haven't experienced too much. With that said, I can see how that can be annoying. Yes, people turning into the far lane is something that drives me nuts as well. :yes: at the last sentence.

Don't want anyone feeling uncomfortable here, do we? It appears that has stopped for now. :giggle:

Hopefully there will be a way to change our avatar colors in the future.

Katharine/Kellie: At least I was able to remember it. :yes: Although I wasn't much of a Kellie fan during the season, I enjoyed their friendship as well. Maybe I'll look into this and see if they're still in touch.

Colton/Phillip: Well, they're friendship doesn't have a name that was mentioned everywhere no matter the relevance for starters. :haha: I think I completely lost when that moment happened. :dead: It was just so unexpected. :lmao:

Oh, that's okay. I wouldn't mind if you said it. :haha: I know you do. :giggle: Ugh yes, it was for me too. :( It still shocks me and I can't quite believe it. LOL I'm curious to know what happened with the video. Kid Rock did appear at the end of that one, so I don't think it was wrong, but.... well, I'll wait and see your explanation. :haha: 

It really was. :( :/ I was so scared, but yeah thankful nothing happened. Oh, there are tons of roundabouts here. :haha: I love that we feel the same on all these annoyances though. ❤️ 

:haha: 

Well, you can always change the avatar itself. :teeheewave: 

- I'm glad you did too. ❤️  Ah yeah, I do remember that, so I'm glad you still loved their friendship. ❤️ 

- Oh. 😢 I'm not sure what you mean about "no matter the relevance." I guess you saw some things somewhere. 😮 Haha it was really funny. 

SO sorry for the delay. I have barely been around the last few days.  Since I submitted comments for most of the friendships, I suppose I'll just reply to whatever you say. :haha: 

Kelly Clarkson/Justin Guarini: Yes, the From Justin To Kelly mention! :wub: 

Ruben Studdard/Clay Aiken: Yep, I love so much how close they are, even soo many years later. ❤️ 

Clay Aiken/Kimberley Locke: Oh, I didn't know they stopped being friends at some point. 😢 Although, glad to hear they reunited later on.

George Huff/Jennifer Hudson: Aw yay, nice that they are one of your favorite friendships! ❤️  I didn't remember George singing backup for her. That always makes me sad, to be honest, since singers like him shine on their own. 😢 

Carly Smithson/Michael Johns: "not sure if this is considered a friendship" :lmao: I'm sure they were friendly with each other and oh yeah, they did perform together post-show! I would certainly believe they were good friends then. I remember those things they had in common too, lol. 

Joey Cook/Quentin Alexander: I slightly remember this friendship, although I wasn't much of a fan of either of them. It's nice they formed such a bond though.

50 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

walt disney hello GIF by hoppipfinding nemo hello GIFDisney Hello GIF by Mickey Mouse

tenor.gif tenor.gif?itemid=5881468 tenor.gif?itemid=4170180

In all seriousness, You Thought Wrong was my favorite song from Thankful. I prefer the Telly nickname because the two are worth watching (yeah, that was lame).

1 hour ago, miss denise said:

Hide contents

Oh, that's okay. I wouldn't mind if you said it. :haha: I know you do. :giggle: Ugh yes, it was for me too. :( It still shocks me and I can't quite believe it. LOL I'm curious to know what happened with the video. Kid Rock did appear at the end of that one, so I don't think it was wrong, but.... well, I'll wait and see your explanation. :haha: 

It really was. :( :/ I was so scared, but yeah thankful nothing happened. Oh, there are tons of roundabouts here. :haha: I love that we feel the same on all these annoyances though. ❤️ 

Well, you can always change the avatar itself. :teeheewave: 

- I'm glad you did too. ❤️  Ah yeah, I do remember that, so I'm glad you still loved their friendship. ❤️ 

- Oh. 😢 I'm not sure what you mean about "no matter the relevance." I guess you saw some things somewhere. 😮 Haha it was really funny. 

SO sorry for the delay. I have barely been around the last few days.  Since I submitted comments for most of the friendships, I suppose I'll just reply to whatever you say. :haha: 

Kelly Clarkson/Justin Guarini: Yes, the From Justin To Kelly mention! :wub: 

Ruben Studdard/Clay Aiken: Yep, I love so much how close they are, even soo many years later. ❤️ 

Clay Aiken/Kimberley Locke: Oh, I didn't know they stopped being friends at some point. 😢 Although, glad to hear they reunited later on.

George Huff/Jennifer Hudson: Aw yay, nice that they are one of your favorite friendships! ❤️  I didn't remember George singing backup for her. That always makes me sad, to be honest, since singers like him shine on their own. 😢 

Carly Smithson/Michael Johns: "not sure if this is considered a friendship" :lmao: I'm sure they were friendly with each other and oh yeah, they did perform together post-show! I would certainly believe they were good friends then. I remember those things they had in common too, lol. 

Joey Cook/Quentin Alexander: I slightly remember this friendship, although I wasn't much of a fan of either of them. It's nice they formed such a bond though.

:lmao:. I know what happened. The video started at the 2:12 mark, so I only saw the last minute. :haha: I went back and re-watched the whole thing, and yes his cameo was funny. :lmao: My favorite part was when he called them cougars, never mind him being 10 months older than Taylor. :lmao:

It's great to see nothing happened. I see about the roundabouts. :haha: :yes:

Eh, I can't think of anything I'd want for an avatar. I'll keep it as it is for now.

- :yes:

- Yes, I saw some things somewhere. :/ :haha: It was so out of left field; I was not expecting something like that to show up. :lmao:

No worries. As you can see, I haven't been that active here either. :haha:

Kelly/Justin: Seeing it was the highlight of their friendship, it had to be mentioned! :dead:

Ruben/Clay: Agree with everything here.

Clay/Kimberley: Seeing how close most of the contestants were that season, that kind of caught me off guard. It appears all is well now.

George/Jennifer: Yeah, singers like him should have their moments. It reminds me of Allison being a backup singer during the final FOX seasons.

Carly/Michael: I think you may be right about this one. :yes:

Joey/Quentin: I remember this one because Quentin was my favorite that season and have come to like Joey after not caring for her at first. Fair enough about the opinion. :yes: 

Carrie Underwood/Anthony Fedorov

r960-747bbdbcc6b215b580492d3d82605b36.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Carrie and Anthony were a pretty popular pairing during S4. In fact, it was speculated the two were dating each other; I know there were a lot of shippers who wanted this to be the case. Perhaps the most memorable part was Carrie crying her eyes out when Anthony was eliminated. Unfortunately for the shippers, it doesn’t look like they’ll be together because both have families of their own now.

On 2/21/2021 at 8:30 PM, miss denise said:

Carrie Underwood & Anthony Fedorov

Canthony was the first pair I actually shipped romantically. :wub: I know they didn't date, but they would have been a really cute couple. I loved their friendship and a memorable moment was Carrie bawling her eyes out when Anthony was eliminated. :broken:

Chris Daughtry/Ace Young

57047349-630x451.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Chris and Ace were roommates during S5, and the two became good friends because of it. I know the two worked together at times post-Idol; Ace co-wrote the Daughtry song It’s Not Over (at least I think it was that song, for I know he did co-write one :haha:). Outside of this, I unfortunately don’t have much to say about this one. 🤷‍♂️

Chris Daughtry & Ace Young

Chace was probably my first favorite bromance of Idol. :wub: I loved the friendship between them. I have no idea if they still keep in touch today, but I sure hope so. I hated when they were in the Bottom 2 together. :broken: 

Jordin Sparks/Blake Lewis

Jordin%2BSparks%2BBlake%2BLewis%2BAmerican%2BIdol%2BSeason%2BVtlysfzH-ffl.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

I somewhat remember this friendship. From what I remember, Blake was more like a big brother to her despite Jordin towering over him and most of the contestants that season. The two did seem to get along pretty well, and I know Blake was really happy for Jordin when she won. Finally, there was Blake appearing in Jordin’s Tattoo video. As an aside, I thought Jordin was flipping off the camera in this pic. :lmao:

Jordin Sparks & Blake Lewis

Blordin! :wub: I remember these two being quite good friends and they were my favorites of the season, so I was thrilled they made the Top 2 together. Blake looking super happy for Jordin winning is an image I can still see in my head. ❤️  I also remember him making a random cameo in her first music video. :haha: 

Blake Lewis/Chris Richardson

6a00d8341c730253ef00e54f2143c58834-640wi.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Ah yes, the most popular Idol bromance and one of the most popular Idol friendships overall. Blake and Chris were the two S6 heartthrobs that excited a good portion of the Idol fanbase. The two were similar in many respects, which may be the main reason they hit it off so well. Their friendship was even prominent during the tour. Those who have come to know me know I’ve had my issues regarding this friendship, but I can acknowledge it’s one of the most well-known ones. :yes:

Blake Lewis & Chris Richardson

Some people might hate on Cake due to their ship name, but I don't know why! 😢  I just love this bromance. Blake and Chris were my two favorite guys of S6 and I thought they were both attractive heartthrobs, so that made the bromance extra appealing. :giggle: I don't know what else to say. They were just a fangirl's dream and I loved both of them, so of course I loved their friendship. 

Carrie Underwood/Anthony Fedorov:

Chris Daughtry/Ace Young:

Jordin Sparks/Blake Lewis:

Blake Lewis/Chris Richardson:

On 3/8/2021 at 7:44 PM, Crisis said:

Hide contents

:lmao:. I know what happened. The video started at the 2:12 mark, so I only saw the last minute. :haha: I went back and re-watched the whole thing, and yes his cameo was funny. :lmao: My favorite part was when he called them cougars, never mind him being 10 months older than Taylor. :lmao:

Eh, I can't think of anything I'd want for an avatar. I'll keep it as it is for now.

- Yes, I saw some things somewhere. :/ :haha: It was so out of left field; I was not expecting something like that to show up. :lmao:

No worries. As you can see, I haven't been that active here either. :haha:

Kelly/Justin: Seeing it was the highlight of their friendship, it had to be mentioned! :dead:

Clay/Kimberley: Seeing how close most of the contestants were that season, that kind of caught me off guard. It appears all is well now.

George/Jennifer: Yeah, singers like him should have their moments. It reminds me of Allison being a backup singer during the final FOX seasons.

Joey/Quentin: I remember this one because Quentin was my favorite that season and have come to like Joey after not caring for her at first. Fair enough about the opinion. :yes: 

Oooh oops, I wonder if there was something wrong with how I linked it. Sorry about that, but yay for figuring out the answer. :haha:  lol I know. Obviously he was not being himself exactly. :giggle: 

That's fine, of course. Maybe it'll go back to purple after St. Patrick's Day. :giggle: 

Oh my.... I'm sorry and am sure you'll share them soon. cold.gif.d9372ea892393bc7f0a17e6b338aca7a.gif lol I love it. 

:hug: 

- :giggle:  

- True, but yes, I'm glad about that. ❤️ 

- Ugh yes, that is one I always think of and makes me so sad. :( I actually loved her solo album.

That makes sense and I remember you being a Quentin fan. :yes:

Carrie Underwood/Anthony Fedorov: They were so cute. :wub:  lol we both mentioned the part about Carrie crying over his elimination. And LOL I wasn't holding out hope for 16 years that they'd be together in 2021, so it's okay. :dead: 

Chris Daughtry/Ace Young: Yay, I loved these guy's friendship and oh yes, Ace did write on INO! You remember things better than me. :haha: 

Jordin Sparks/Blake Lewis: lol I love that Blake was like her big brother despite her towering over him. :lmao: I think the age difference is 8 years or so? So definitely big (little) brother. :haha: I love Blordin. :wub:  And omg your comment on the picture!

Blake Lewis/Chris Richardson: Uh oh, here it is. :blushingwave: The most popular Idol bromance ever? 😮  I never thought of that. LOL at "excited" a good portion of the fanbase. :dead:  The way you wrote that was interesting. Wait what, you didn't say your issues or what irrelevant things you have seen.  :dead:  I just loved them both and so loved their friendship. That's all it was to me. :haha: 

11 hours ago, miss denise said:

Hide contents

Oooh oops, I wonder if there was something wrong with how I linked it. Sorry about that, but yay for figuring out the answer. :haha:  lol I know. Obviously he was not being himself exactly. :giggle: 

That's fine, of course. Maybe it'll go back to purple after St. Patrick's Day. :giggle: 

Oh my.... I'm sorry and am sure you'll share them soon. cold.gif.d9372ea892393bc7f0a17e6b338aca7a.gif lol I love it. 

- True, but yes, I'm glad about that. ❤️ 

- Ugh yes, that is one I always think of and makes me so sad. :( I actually loved her solo album.

That makes sense and I remember you being a Quentin fan. :yes:

Carrie Underwood/Anthony Fedorov: They were so cute. :wub:  lol we both mentioned the part about Carrie crying over his elimination. And LOL I wasn't holding out hope for 16 years that they'd be together in 2021, so it's okay. :dead: 

Chris Daughtry/Ace Young: Yay, I loved these guy's friendship and oh yes, Ace did write on INO! You remember things better than me. :haha: 

Jordin Sparks/Blake Lewis: lol I love that Blake was like her big brother despite her towering over him. :lmao: I think the age difference is 8 years or so? So definitely big (little) brother. :haha: I love Blordin. :wub:  And omg your comment on the picture!

Blake Lewis/Chris Richardson: Uh oh, here it is. :blushingwave: The most popular Idol bromance ever? 😮  I never thought of that. LOL at "excited" a good portion of the fanbase. :dead:  The way you wrote that was interesting. Wait what, you didn't say your issues or what irrelevant things you have seen.  :dead:  I just loved them both and so loved their friendship. That's all it was to me. :haha: 

It's all good. I'm pretty sure we've all had days like these. :haha:

Oh yeah, St. Patrick's Day is next week. :haha: Who knows what will happen with it.

:shiftywave:

- :yes:

- Me too.

- At least she was able to release an album and do something which can't be said for most. I still haven't listened to her solo album. :haha:

He's in my Top 10 Idol contestants, so you can say that although it seems like I'm the only person to have him there. :haha:

Carrie/Anthony: It is funny we both mentioned that part. :haha: I think something that stoked the fire was pictures of the two together when Carrie attended one of his Broadway shows. I see at the last sentence. :haha:

Chris/Ace: I guess I do. :haha:

Jordin/Blake: Blake was born in 1981 and Jordin 1989, so yeah an 8 year age difference. When looking for pictures, I stumbled across that one and had to do a double take. :haha: I knew I had to use it afterwards. :lmao:

Blake/Chris: I guess I'll go ahead and talk more about this one. For starters, the bromance would be brought up despite its irrelevance in certain topics. For example, I could be talking about another contestant and how well he/she did a particular night, but someone would mention said contestant wasn't as good as any of the bromance duo and the conversation would be overtaken by others spamming anything [insert bromance name here] related. This was on a regular basis, and needless to say it annoyed me to no end. Another was there were a bunch of stories about the two being together romantically; I'm talking slash, NFSW material. There were some that were really graphic and detailed. I tried to avoid them, but they appeared all over the place. I was tired of seeing [insert bromance name here] this and [insert bromance name here] that, and this was me after everything:

giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

Although I wasn't a big fan of either of the two (I'm still not a Chris fan but have come to like Blake some), I was more annoyed with their fans than the guys themselves. With everything said, it's good to see they're just a friendship to you. :haha:

Edited by Crisis

David Cook/David Archuleta

davidcook-davidarchuleta-idolfinale.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Ah yes, the two Davids who were S7’s Top 2. The two had a big brother/little brother dynamic that appears to be strong even to this day. My favorite part of this friendship was when Archie had to pick the safe group during Top 7 but chose to sit in the middle of the stage, and David went to sit with him. :lmao: It was also nice to see the two work together and support one another during the season. All in all, definitely one of the more memorable friendships. :yes:

David Cook & David Archuleta

David Squared aka ArchuCook!  :wub:  The Davids had an adorable big bro/little bro friendship that I believe still stands to this day.  I thought their interactions were really cute and Big David seemed quite protective of Little David. What makes the ship even cuter is that they have the same name. :giggle: And look, I actually found a gif! ❤️ 

BruisedBadCleanerwrasse-size_restricted.

David Archuleta/Brooke White

david-and-brooke.png&f=1&nofb=1

Unfortunately, this is a friendship I don’t know much about. 🙁 Seeing that they are two of the purest souls Idol’s ever had, it makes sense for them to get along. :yes: I could see how Brooke could be a mother figure to Archie as Brooke often gave off a maternal vibe. I wish I had more to say about this one, but it is what it is.

David Archuleta & Brooke White

These two are just so sweet and I loved their friendship with Brooke being a bit of a motherly figure to David.  :wub: They were both known for being so sweet and innocent and I feel like their relationship portrayed that. Oh, and their ship name was Bravid! I remember a fan thread for them back in the day. ❤️  And yay, I found some pictures!

ApGdW64_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=gra

lIaJDUe_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=gra

IYJV6HG_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=gra

David Archuleta/Carly Smithson

carly-david-horton.jpg?w=455&f=1&nofb=1

As with Archie/Brooke, this is a friendship I’m not familiar with. I know even less about this one than the other; however, it wouldn’t surprise me if these two got along with one another. This is probably the shortest write-up I’ll have on any of these friendships. :haha:

David Archuleta & Carly Smithson

I also feel like Carly was a bit of a mother figure to David. I mean I KNOW he wasn't that much younger for these other contestants to actually be his parents LOL, but still. Him and Carly had a cute relationship that I remember seeing. ❤️ 

David Cook/Michael Johns

21869_original.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

It wouldn’t be much of a surprise if the two oldest S7 male contestants were roommates and managed to become friends during their time together. The two share some similarities, with the main ones being music and personality. I’m also certain their fanbases overlapped in some form or another. Overall, a solid friendship to add to the list.

David Cook & Michael Johns

I remember David and Michael being good friends as two "older" guys in the group. I believe their ship name was Mavid. I don't know, I just enjoyed their friendship and I found a picture. :haha: 

h9c4VgS.png

David Cook/David Archuleta:

David Archuleta/Brooke White:

David Archuleta/Carly Smithson:

David Cook/Michael Johns:

On 3/11/2021 at 6:42 AM, Crisis said:

Oh yeah, St. Patrick's Day is next week. :haha: Who knows what will happen with it.

- At least she was able to release an album and do something which can't be said for most. I still haven't listened to her solo album. :haha:

He's in my Top 10 Idol contestants, so you can say that although it seems like I'm the only person to have him there. :haha:

Carrie/Anthony: It is funny we both mentioned that part. :haha: I think something that stoked the fire was pictures of the two together when Carrie attended one of his Broadway shows. I see at the last sentence. :haha:

Jordin/Blake: Blake was born in 1981 and Jordin 1989, so yeah an 8 year age difference. When looking for pictures, I stumbled across that one and had to do a double take. :haha: I knew I had to use it afterwards. :lmao:

Blake/Chris: I guess I'll go ahead and talk more about this one. For starters, the bromance would be brought up despite its irrelevance in certain topics. For example, I could be talking about another contestant and how well he/she did a particular night, but someone would mention said contestant wasn't as good as any of the bromance duo and the conversation would be overtaken by others spamming anything [insert bromance name here] related. This was on a regular basis, and needless to say it annoyed me to no end. Another was there were a bunch of stories about the two being together romantically; I'm talking slash, NFSW material. There were some that were really graphic and detailed. I tried to avoid them, but they appeared all over the place. I was tired of seeing [insert bromance name here] this and [insert bromance name here] that, and this was me after everything:

giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

Although I wasn't a big fan of either of the two (I'm still not a Chris fan but have come to like Blake some), I was more annoyed with their fans than the guys themselves. With everything said, it's good to see they're just a friendship to you. :haha:

Yep. I'll be watching. :giggle:

I suppose. :( Oh, I would recommend to at least listen to these two songs, which are my favorites. ❤️ 

Aww if we all had the same Top 10 favorites, it would be boring. :haha:

- Oh, I wonder when that was that Carrie attended his show? 😮 

- Yes, I was just thinking of Jordin being 17 and Blake being 25. :haha: lol oh myy.

- OMG YIKES I am wondering what this gif is about, but I'll read on and see. :dead:  Oh, I see. :( I'm sorry about that. I certainly never would have done that. :blushingwave:  I'm sorry some fans ruined things for you though. :( Oh yikes... ugh, I know people can write things like that (for tons of people), but wow them posting them all over the place. :?  Ugh, I am sorry again you had to deal with all that. Not all the fans are that way. bye2.gif.7960d44992e1eeff806cdce1d9856c2 And yeah, I have never taken things that far with anyone. 

David Cook/David Archuleta:  Awww yay, ArchuCook is so cute. :wub:  I love the big brother/little brother dynamic. Big David and Little David. :haha: OMG I love the memory you mentioned. I can see it in my mind. :wub: That was so cute and funny. Aww yes, I love everything about their support of each other and friendship. ❤️ 

David Archuleta/Brooke White: Aww I wish I could say more but I did love their interactions and they were my two favorites of the season as well. :wub: I love how you described them as two of the purest souls Idol has had. ❤️ 

David Archuleta/Carly Smithson: Sorry I didn't provide much either. :lmao:  I just remember them interacting and that's all I needed! :lmao: 

David Cook/Michael Johns: If only we had Archie/Michael here and a set of only Archie friendships.  :giggle: :wub:  But yes, I liked this friendship and do remember some of their loyal fans being big fans of both. 

On 3/15/2021 at 7:01 PM, miss denise said:

Yep. I'll be watching. :giggle:

I suppose. :( Oh, I would recommend to at least listen to these two songs, which are my favorites. ❤️ 

Aww if we all had the same Top 10 favorites, it would be boring. :haha:

- Oh, I wonder when that was that Carrie attended his show? 😮 

- Yes, I was just thinking of Jordin being 17 and Blake being 25. :haha: lol oh myy.

- OMG YIKES I am wondering what this gif is about, but I'll read on and see. :dead:  Oh, I see. :( I'm sorry about that. I certainly never would have done that. :blushingwave:  I'm sorry some fans ruined things for you though. :( Oh yikes... ugh, I know people can write things like that (for tons of people), but wow them posting them all over the place. :?  Ugh, I am sorry again you had to deal with all that. Not all the fans are that way. bye2.gif.7960d44992e1eeff806cdce1d9856c2 And yeah, I have never taken things that far with anyone. 

David Cook/David Archuleta:  Awww yay, ArchuCook is so cute. :wub:  I love the big brother/little brother dynamic. Big David and Little David. :haha: OMG I love the memory you mentioned. I can see it in my mind. :wub: That was so cute and funny. Aww yes, I love everything about their support of each other and friendship. ❤️ 

David Archuleta/Brooke White: Aww I wish I could say more but I did love their interactions and they were my two favorites of the season as well. :wub: I love how you described them as two of the purest souls Idol has had. ❤️ 

David Archuleta/Carly Smithson: Sorry I didn't provide much either. :lmao:  I just remember them interacting and that's all I needed! :lmao: 

David Cook/Michael Johns: If only we had Archie/Michael here and a set of only Archie friendships.  :giggle: :wub:  But yes, I liked this friendship and do remember some of their loyal fans being big fans of both. 

It's the day after, and things are still green here. :haha: As a certain someone who was revealed on another show said, it's not easy being green. :haha:

I listened to the two songs, and they are both good. :yes: With that said, I'm more partial to Scars. I'll definitely have to check out the rest of the album.

Yeah, that's true. :haha: As long as we are all respectful of other people's tastes and opinions, things should be just fine.

- From doing an Internet search, it looks like it was sometime in 2007, thus two years after their season.

- Exactly. There were even rumors of Jordin and Chris R. being an item. I was like she is a minor; there's no chance of either Blake or Chris hooking up with her. :haha:

- Happy to see you read and understand my thoughts/complaints. I know not all fans behave that way, but as the saying goes: one rotten apple spoils the bunch, or in this case a few overzealous fans make everyone look bad. I have no doubt you are one of the better ones. 🤗

- I pretty much agree with everything here. They definitely had the big brother/little brother thing down pat. :yes:

- 👍

- Well, sometimes all it takes is a little thing to make something great for some people. :haha:

- If I were to switch the order they were submitted, this would've been a set full of Archie friendships. :haha: This appeared to be a good friendship.

On 3/18/2021 at 1:42 PM, Crisis said:

Things have been hectic the past few days. I'll try to reply this evening. Hopefully, I'll be able to post at least two sets this weekend.

I hope you're doing well despite the chaos. :hug: 

On 3/18/2021 at 7:34 PM, Crisis said:

It's the day after, and things are still green here. :haha: As a certain someone who was revealed on another show said, it's not easy being green. :haha:

I listened to the two songs, and they are both good. :yes: With that said, I'm more partial to Scars. I'll definitely have to check out the rest of the album.

Yeah, that's true. :haha: As long as we are all respectful of other people's tastes and opinions, things should be just fine.

- From doing an Internet search, it looks like it was sometime in 2007, thus two years after their season.

- Exactly. There were even rumors of Jordin and Chris R. being an item. I was like she is a minor; there's no chance of either Blake or Chris hooking up with her. :haha:

- Happy to see you read and understand my thoughts/complaints. I know not all fans behave that way, but as the saying goes: one rotten apple spoils the bunch, or in this case a few overzealous fans make everyone look bad. I have no doubt you are one of the better ones. 🤗

- Well, sometimes all it takes is a little thing to make something great for some people. :haha:

- If I were to switch the order they were submitted, this would've been a set full of Archie friendships. :haha: This appeared to be a good friendship.

Oh noo. 😢 And omg! That was the shock of the century. :lmao: And he was so robbed. :broken: 

Yay, I'm glad you like them. Scars is my absolute favorite of hers. ❤️ 

:yes: 

- Ahhh okay, thank you for that information. ^_^ 

- Oooh wow... I don't know if I remember hearing that, but I feel like I might have seen people shipping them that way too. 😮 

- I do. Ahhh, that is so unfortunate... :( But thank you for saying this. :hug: 

- That would have been a beautiful sight. :giggle: But yes. 

14 hours ago, miss denise said:

I hope you're doing well despite the chaos. :hug: 

Oh noo. 😢 And omg! That was the shock of the century. :lmao: And he was so robbed. :broken: 

Yay, I'm glad you like them. Scars is my absolute favorite of hers. ❤️ 

- Ahhh okay, thank you for that information. ^_^ 

- Oooh wow... I don't know if I remember hearing that, but I feel like I might have seen people shipping them that way too. 😮 

- I do. Ahhh, that is so unfortunate... :( But thank you for saying this. :hug: 

- That would have been a beautiful sight. :giggle: But yes. 

Thank you. 🤗 I haven't lost my sanity yet, so you can say I'm doing well. :lmao:

Too bad you don't seem to like it. 💔 Yeah, it was surprising to see him there. :haha: He wasn't my pick to leave either.

:yes:. I have to listen to the other songs first before deciding my favorite.

- You're welcome. ^_^

- I remember hearing about it during and even some time after the season. I was like are people even thinking rationally. :haha:

- 🤗

- I'm sure it would've been! :giggle:

David Archuleta/Michael Johns

hollwoodrep.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Couldn't find a picture of just Archie and Michael, so I went with one with Syesha in it. Also, it doesn't hurt to add some beauty:giggle:

Although not as well-known as the David/David friendship, it wouldn’t surprise me if Archie and Michael had a big brother/little brother type relationship like the other one. Although not as much as say S2, it wouldn’t surprise me if most of the contestants were close in some form or another; these two would be no different.

David Archuleta & Michael Johns

Papa Johns and Archie. 😢  I'm sure David referred to Michael as that, which was a super cute nickname. These two were on extreme opposites of the age range, which lead to a really cute friendship between them. I remember some photo booth images or gifs of them, but of course I can't find them. :( But Archie was like a little boy with Michael as his dad. :giggle: 

Adam Lambert/Kris Allen

Kris%2BAllen%2BAdam%2BLampert%2BPerform%2BNBC%2BToday%2BcEc7YJJfaNdx.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Although the two couldn’t be any different in both personalities and lifestyles, it appears they get along really well and have a strong friendship. From what I know, the two understand and appreciate their differences, which is something a solid friendship needs. :yes:  Unfortunately, the same can’t be said about some of their fans, especially after Kris beat out Adam for the AI crown. 😒

On 2/21/2021 at 8:59 PM, miss denise said:

Adam Lambert & Kris Allen

I don't remember all that much in particular about their friendship, but I remember people loving these two... and well they made the final 2 together after all. And look - some cute gifs! :teeheewave: 

NeiN.gif

tumblr_lixl7eLgN91qect8ko1_500.gif

Scotty McCreery/Lauren Alaina

N2RZXPX6ENU3PV4M5URNE65AEQ.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

S10’s T2 country teens worked together a few times during the season and appeared to become friends along the way. Some of their fans thought the two were a couple; one thing that really fueled this flame of thought was Lauren kissing Scotty after Scotty was announced the winner. I'm sure seeing the picture posted above with Scotty kissing Lauren as well stoked the flames. :haha: I think she said in a post-Idol interview she did it as a dare and it was nothing romantic; oh well. :haha:

Scotty McCreery & Lauren Alaina

McLaina is one of my all-time favorite Idol ships! :wub:  Two teenager country singers who made the Idol finale together. ❤️  I did actually ship them as a couple even if they weren't actually, oops.... but they were so adorable together and I BELIEVE IN LOVE, OKAY? They have such different personalities that made them all the more cuter together. They were just always so precious and I love that they still support each other today.❤️ And I found a bunch of gifs, so here we go. :wub: 

lauren-alaina-scotty-mcreery-gif-4_h2sn7

lauren-alaina-scotty-mcreery-gif-2_e3hgm

lauren-alaina-scotty-mcreery-gif-6_mleyp

lauren-alaina-scotty-mcreery-gif-8_tat8x

lauren-alaina-scotty-mcreery-gif-1_nrpvl

Haley Reinhart/Casey Abrams

Haley-Reinhart-Casey-Abrams.jpg&f=1&nofb

Speaking of two S10 contestants who were often paired together. Haley and Casey share a lot of similarities when it comes to music styles and personality, so it was no surprise the two became friends during the season. Their friendship exists to this day as the two have collaborated on some music projects after Idol, the most notable being their work with Postmodern Jukebox. Unlike some of the other pairings, it appears fans of this duo see their relationship as nothing but platonic though there are thoughts that Casey is in love with her. :haha: Overall, I think this is one of the more well-known Idol friendships.

David Archuleta/Michael Johns:

Adam Lambert/Kris Allen:

Scotty McCreery/Lauren Alaina:

Haley Reinhart/Casey Abrams:

1 hour ago, Crisis said:

David Archuleta/Michael Johns

hollwoodrep.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Couldn't find a picture of just Archie and Michael, so I went with one with Syesha in it. Also, it doesn't hurt to add some beauty:giggle:

All my favs. :wub: All we need is Carly. 

• Like 1

Lauren Alaina/Paul McDonald

tumblr_lqc7vpGNC21qkc8clo1_540.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Unfortunately, this is a friendship I know very little if nothing about. From what I’ve learned, it appears to be a big brother/little sister type of friendship. Also, it appears the two of them are still in touch with one another to this day, which is nice to see. Other than that, I don’t have much else to say. 🤷‍♂️

Lauren Alaina & Paul McDonald

I was never a Paul fan, but I adore Lauren, and I know these two were (and still are) really great friends! ❤️ It seems like a pretty unlikely friendship, but I think that kind of makes them even cuter. I love seeing that they still support each other to this day.  I think I remember Paul posting on social media about voting for Lauren when she was on DWTS in fall 2019. :wub: 

efd44abe9edde1c6c705c70fbf4943cc.jpg

Lauren Alaina/Pia Toscano

c68273c67baafa64a275fabe7c69936d.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

I don’t know much about this friendship, but seeing pictures of the two together, it doesn’t surprise me that these two hit it off so well. I’d like to think Lauren looked at Pia as a big sister. Furthermore, Pia appears to be the type who can get along with everyone. All in all, I think it’s a nice and cute friendship. 😊

Bonus

Scotty-Pia-and-Lauren-haha-scotty-mccree

giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

:( 💔 :lmao:

Lauren Alaina & Pia Toscano

I always loved the sweet friendship between these two girls. ❤️ I can't think of a lot of specifics, except I think Lauren called Pia "Pipi" or something, which was really cute. :haha: I also remember Lauren being so sad after Pia was eliminated. :( 

tumblr_llpx5c2rUw1qhfhvxo1_400.gifv

NextNegativeKatydid-max-1mb.gif

Pia Toscano/Stefano Langone

d4bbbbed8fa7d0de3c6f6c365406f346.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

This is a friendship I am somewhat familiar with. I know there were some fans who hoped the two would hook up at some point. That won’t be the case now since Pia’s married and I believe Stefano got engaged if not married (I'm not sure about this one). There are two instances of this friendship that comes to mind. One is them singing The Prayer together with Postmodern Jukebox; the other is Stefano texting Pia in between sets during a Pia home concert. It appears these two are still friends today, and to that I say good for them.

James Durbin/Stefano Langone

stefano-james.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

It appeared these two guys hit it off almost immediately after meeting one another. They had a real close bond on the show; the main thing that sticks out to me was James consoling Stefano during Pia’s swan song. From what I understand, the two still were close during the tour, and it wouldn’t surprise me if the two are still friends now.

Lauren Alaina/Paul McDonald:

Lauren Alaina/Pia Toscano:

Pia Toscano/Stefano Langone:

James Durbin/Stefano Langone:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Crisis said:

James Durbin/Stefano Langone

stefano-james.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

It appeared these two guys hit it off almost immediately after meeting one another. They had a real close bond on the show; the main thing that sticks out to me was James consoling Stefano during Pia’s swan song. From what I understand, the two still were close during the tour, and it wouldn’t surprise me if the two are still friends now.

I think Stefano was James’ best man too iirc.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Crisis said:

Pia Toscano/Stefano Langone

d4bbbbed8fa7d0de3c6f6c365406f346.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

This is a friendship I am somewhat familiar with. I know there were some fans who hoped the two would hook up at some point. That won’t be the case now since Pia’s married and I believe Stefano got engaged if not married (I'm not sure about this one). There are two instances of this friendship that comes to mind. One is them singing The Prayer together with Postmodern Jukebox; the other is Stefano texting Pia in between sets during a Pia home concert. It appears these two are still friends today, and to that I say good for them.

One of my favorites. :wub: