Pandora's Box: A Random Idol Rankings Thread

Crisis

15 hours ago, miss denise said:

I hope you can someday. ❤️  Oh wow, I had no idea. 😮 I'll have to go check on him. Wow and even singing with a mask on? I don't think I've heard anyone do that actually... but I'm glad to hear his voice is still going strong. ❤️ Awww they all did?! That's so sweet. :wub: I love it too and would love to see a reunion between them all. It would be fun to see for any season. Aww I wonder why that is. :( Oh lol I do want to watch more though, I just kind of forgot and haven't yet. :dead:  But you can remind me. :giggle: 

I don't remember all his guesses last week but nobody had the right first impression guess with the Russian Dolls. I'm so mad they were eliminated. :broken:

Yeah, it wasn't fun, but everything was normal after a few days at least. :(  Yess, although I have to wait until the two week mark to really be considered fully vaccinated... but it's almost here! Ahhh okay, curious to hear now how it went for you. I hope it was okay. :hug: 

Hide contents

lol.:lmao: I guess that's one tactic. Yes, any more good news we should know about? :giggle: 

OMG I thought this was going to say "maybe later this week or some time next week you'll finally post your crush." :dead:  BUT OK I THINK I have some time this evening to finally make progress on this. I'm going to have some food and then come back and work on it. Wish me luck. :lmao: 

Ahhh darn, the board malfunction really got so many things out of whack. :( It's too bad, but that is also fine. :haha: 

Yeah, me too. 🥺 I'll help you out with that: 😉

https://www.instagram.com/singlikeyaminit/

It would be great for the finalists of all the seasons to get together. ❤️ Speaking of S5, I rewatched a lot of the performances because I'm participating in the American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown and we're on that season. I watched a lot of them many times to both enjoy them and see where I would rank the Top 20. S5 just brings back great memories. ❤️ I wonder why as well. I hope nothing's wrong with her. Yes, I will definitely remind you, if only to have someone to talk about the show with. :haha:

Yeah, no one got the Russian Dolls with their first impression guess. I believe Nicole was the first to mention them later. I thought they would at least be in the finals. With that said, the remaining four acts are still good although something tells me Chameleon will be the next one out.

Good to see everything was normal after a few days. At least you're almost fully vaccinated! As for me, my arm was sore for a couple of days but nothing major after that. Unfortunately, I came down with a cold over the weekend; therefore, I stayed home yesterday and am doing the same today. 🤧 😷 I don't know if this is one of the side effects or not. 🤷‍♂️

Absolutely, it's common sense! :haha: I don't have any good news as of right now, but's it's OK.

It looks like it was finally posted. I'll look at it and comment on it later today. :yes:

Yeah, it did. One thing I forgot to mention when talking about my lurking years at old IDF was one of my favorite things was the After Dark threads. I believe Katharine and Blake had the biggest ones. I know for sure I would've contributed my fair share of shallowness in Katharine's thread had I been a poster. :stealth: :blushingwave: :dead:

Edited by Crisis

John Krasinski: I had absolutely zero clue about this one. It now makes sense after putting the clues together. :haha: I am familiar with the name, but unfortunately I haven't seen anything of his outside of a few snippets of The Office. You usually have four gifs instead of three unless I'm counting them wrong, right? Well, the ones you picked are great. Based on the write-up and the videos, it's easy to see he's a fun, kind, and hilarious guy. :yes: Your television husband? 😮 Out of all the people posted thus far. It makes sense. :yes: The videos of him in The Office were pretty fun, especially the bloopers. I understand what you meant by the scenes time marked in the other video. Also, he a Rainn Wilson were hilarious and had great chemistry in their scenes together. Wow, Jack Ryan is certainly different from his role in The Office. It is funny how all of his characters' first names start with J; it sort of reminds me of all of Tony Danza's characters names being Tony. :haha: I haven't seen A Quiet Place, but it's cool that he wrote, directed, and starred in the movie. It does appear he and Emily Blunt make a great couple (speaking of Emily Blunt, she appears to be @Bk1234's type :giggle:). Nice to see you adore her instead of shooting daggers at her. :haha: The SGN videos were a lot of fun to watch! It's great to see him do something like this. My favorites were the Hamilton cast giving a performance to the girl and the virtual prom, though all of them were great! With that said, I wouldn't have minded if Emily hosted one of them. LOL at the SNL show he hosted being the only episode you watched; I can't blame you because I'd do the same if any of my crushes hosted anything I don't normally watch. :dead: The Lip Sync Battle video was fun. I loved how he even did the puppet string dancing N'Sync did in theirs. With that said, Anna Kendrick's was pretty funny as well, especially when pulled out the Emily Blunt media. Still, I'd give the edge to John in that battle. The mash-up video of The Office and Jack Ryan was great as well. All in all, great write-up as usual, and it's easy to see why he's considered to be one of the nicest guys in show business. 👏 :yes:

On 5/18/2021 at 9:01 AM, Crisis said:

Yeah, me too. 🥺 I'll help you out with that: 😉

https://www.instagram.com/singlikeyaminit/

It would be great for the finalists of all the seasons to get together. ❤️ Speaking of S5, I rewatched a lot of the performances because I'm participating in the American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown and we're on that season. I watched a lot of them many times to both enjoy them and see where I would rank the Top 20. S5 just brings back great memories. ❤️ I wonder why as well. I hope nothing's wrong with her. Yes, I will definitely remind you, if only to have someone to talk about the show with. :haha:

Yeah, no one got the Russian Dolls with their first impression guess. I believe Nicole was the first to mention them later. I thought they would at least be in the finals. With that said, the remaining four acts are still good although something tells me Chameleon will be the next one out.

Good to see everything was normal after a few days. At least you're almost fully vaccinated! As for me, my arm was sore for a couple of days but nothing major after that. Unfortunately, I came down with a cold over the weekend; therefore, I stayed home yesterday and am doing the same today. 🤧 😷 I don't know if this is one of the side effects or not. 🤷‍♂️

Reveal hidden contents

Absolutely, it's common sense! :haha: I don't have any good news as of right now, but's it's OK.

It looks like it was finally posted. I'll look at it and comment on it later today. :yes:

Yeah, it did. One thing I forgot to mention when talking about my lurking years at old IDF was one of my favorite things was the After Dark threads. I believe Katharine and Blake had the biggest ones. I know for sure I would've contributed my fair share of shallowness in Katharine's thread had I been a poster. :stealth: :blushingwave: :dead:

Haha thank you! I always forget random things I mean to do, like this, so it's appreciated. :lmao: His performance was so good and he sounds exactly the same. ❤️  That made me happy. I noticed he thanked Michael Johns in the caption and I wonder what specially that was referring to. :( It would... and can you imagine if all the finalists of all seasons were together? :dead:  Awww that's so fun. Season 5 really was one of the golden years of Idol. 😢 Aww, I'm sure she's okay, but too bad there's not a way to see what she's up to. :( :hug:  Haha sounds good. I think the show was in my dreams last night. :dead: 

Yes, I think you're right about Nicole. I thought and hoped so too. :( They are, but Russian Dolls were still my favorite. :broken:  That would be ideal for me since I don't care for Chameleon, but I have no idea what will happen.

Thank you. :hug: Yeah, the arm pain was excruciatingly bad for me for the first day.  Hmm, I think it could be from the vaccine? My symptoms felt like they were from a flu, so I want to think so. But I hope you are feeling better today and getting the rest you need. ❤️ 

😛   Aww well as long as there's no bad news, I'll take it. ❤️ 

Yes, I did it. :kissbye: I look forward to reading your comments... which I see in another post. :shiftywave: 

OMG. :lmao: I remember those although I was never a participant... I was too young and innocent, but then even now I wouldn't want to be part of it.  :ph34rwave: But lol you about Katharine. I guess I'm not surprised. :giggle: 

On 5/18/2021 at 10:21 AM, Crisis said:

Reveal hidden contents

John Krasinski: I had absolutely zero clue about this one. It now makes sense after putting the clues together. :haha: I am familiar with the name, but unfortunately I haven't seen anything of his outside of a few snippets of The Office. You usually have four gifs instead of three unless I'm counting them wrong, right? Well, the ones you picked are great. Based on the write-up and the videos, it's easy to see he's a fun, kind, and hilarious guy. :yes: Your television husband? 😮 Out of all the people posted thus far. It makes sense. :yes: The videos of him in The Office were pretty fun, especially the bloopers. I understand what you meant by the scenes time marked in the other video. Also, he a Rainn Wilson were hilarious and had great chemistry in their scenes together. Wow, Jack Ryan is certainly different from his role in The Office. It is funny how all of his characters' first names start with J; it sort of reminds me of all of Tony Danza's characters names being Tony. :haha: I haven't seen A Quiet Place, but it's cool that he wrote, directed, and starred in the movie. It does appear he and Emily Blunt make a great couple (speaking of Emily Blunt, she appears to be @Bk1234's type :giggle:). Nice to see you adore her instead of shooting daggers at her. :haha: The SGN videos were a lot of fun to watch! It's great to see him do something like this. My favorites were the Hamilton cast giving a performance to the girl and the virtual prom, though all of them were great! With that said, I wouldn't have minded if Emily hosted one of them. LOL at the SNL show he hosted being the only episode you watched; I can't blame you because I'd do the same if any of my crushes hosted anything I don't normally watch. :dead: The Lip Sync Battle video was fun. I loved how he even did the puppet string dancing N'Sync did in theirs. With that said, Anna Kendrick's was pretty funny as well, especially when pulled out the Emily Blunt media. Still, I'd give the edge to John in that battle. The mash-up video of The Office and Jack Ryan was great as well. All in all, great write-up as usual, and it's easy to see why he's considered to be one of the nicest guys in show business. 👏 :yes:

Aww I know.... although technically you had two clues about it. :giggle: :dead:  Aww darn, I hoped you'd be more familiar with him and the show. Ooh no, I always use three gifs, but I'm glad you like them. :teeheewave:  Aww yay! Thus far? I have nobody else to post. :dead: But yeah, if we look at the television characters the guys I posted about have portrayed, Jim is the ideal husband for me. :wub: I might consider some of the others my TV boyfriends. :giggle: Now I need to round up the names to analyze this. Yay, I'm glad you enjoyed the videos! The Office is so funny... but yes, there are emotional moments like that too. 😢  LOL yes, him and Rainn together were absolutely hilarious for all nine seasons. :wub:  And their friendship to this day is so funny. I love that they are still friends (as the whole cast is) and they are still sassy and sarcastic with each other. :giggle:I remember John joined Rainn on an Instagram Live he did last year too. ❤️ Jack Ryan sure is different. :lmao: Oh wow, all those Tonys! At least it's the same name. :haha:  Ooh, A Quiet Place is such an incredible film.  I highly recommend. 😮  lol this BK reference. I wonder what they will say to that. :giggle:  But yes, I am a big fan of hers as well. I'm glad you enjoyed the SGN videos too. :wub:  Those were some great moments. Emily did sit in for him at times, but not to host a full episode... it's John's show, don't take it from me. :kissbye:(!)  lol yeah I never watch SNL but I had to see him on there. :haha:  Yay, I adore him performing N' Sync so much. I didn't watch Anna Kendrick. :dead:  Now I might have to to see his reactions. But yay you picking John! I'm so happy you watched and enjoyed the media I provided and thank you so much for your kind comments. I hope this was worth the wait. :lmao: 

On 5/19/2021 at 12:16 PM, miss denise said:

Haha thank you! I always forget random things I mean to do, like this, so it's appreciated. :lmao: His performance was so good and he sounds exactly the same. ❤️  That made me happy. I noticed he thanked Michael Johns in the caption and I wonder what specially that was referring to. :( It would... and can you imagine if all the finalists of all seasons were together? :dead:  Awww that's so fun. Season 5 really was one of the golden years of Idol. 😢 Aww, I'm sure she's okay, but too bad there's not a way to see what she's up to. :( :hug:  Haha sounds good. I think the show was in my dreams last night. :dead: 

Yes, I think you're right about Nicole. I thought and hoped so too. :( They are, but Russian Dolls were still my favorite. :broken:  That would be ideal for me since I don't care for Chameleon, but I have no idea what will happen.

Thank you. :hug: Yeah, the arm pain was excruciatingly bad for me for the first day.  Hmm, I think it could be from the vaccine? My symptoms felt like they were from a flu, so I want to think so. But I hope you are feeling better today and getting the rest you need. ❤️ 

OMG. :lmao: I remember those although I was never a participant... I was too young and innocent, but then even now I wouldn't want to be part of it.  :ph34rwave: But lol you about Katharine. I guess I'm not surprised. :giggle: 

Not a problem! I guess I can be the person to help you remember these things. :haha: Completely agree about Elliott's performance being good and him sounding the same. :yes: I wonder what the Michael Johns reference met as well. Maybe the two worked together prior to Michael's passing. 🤷‍♂️ It would be something if all of the finalists got together; the closest thing we had to that was the S15 Grand Finale. S5 really was. Speaking of which, the season ended in the Mini Rankdown and unfortunately things got pretty ugly in the final round. :( We're on S6 now and hopefully things will be a little calmer although I'm thinking about creating a little chaos myself. :giggle: Speaking of S6, maybe I'll check and see if she is active on any other social media platforms. The show being in your dreams? 🤔 Maybe that's a sign for you to continue watching it. :giggle:

Oh, Russian Dolls were your favorite? Yeah that probably hurt to see them leave last week. Well Chameleon is in the finals now, so my prognostication was off. :haha: I thought Yeti would be there instead of him. Speaking of Chameleon, he may be my favorite one remaining. If he is who I think he is, funny enough I'm not much of a fan of his outside the show but enjoy him on it. :haha:

I'm thinking the cold is because of the vaccine. The symptoms feeling like the flu makes sense. :yes: I went back to work on Wednesday and continued for the rest of the week. I'm still not 100%, but I'm slowly getting back there. I may be fully recovered this upcoming weekend. Thank you for the recovery wishes. 🤗

You don't seem to be the type to participate in such depravity. :haha: I don't think those are coming back especially since none of the contestants outside of Scotty have their own sections. The last two sentences seem to be invitations to post more pictures of Katharine, but I'm going to check myself and not do so. 😛 😘

On 5/19/2021 at 12:25 PM, miss denise said:

Hide contents

Aww I know.... although technically you had two clues about it. :giggle: :dead:  Aww darn, I hoped you'd be more familiar with him and the show. Ooh no, I always use three gifs, but I'm glad you like them. :teeheewave:  Aww yay! Thus far? I have nobody else to post. :dead: But yeah, if we look at the television characters the guys I posted about have portrayed, Jim is the ideal husband for me. :wub: I might consider some of the others my TV boyfriends. :giggle: Now I need to round up the names to analyze this. Yay, I'm glad you enjoyed the videos! The Office is so funny... but yes, there are emotional moments like that too. 😢  LOL yes, him and Rainn together were absolutely hilarious for all nine seasons. :wub:  And their friendship to this day is so funny. I love that they are still friends (as the whole cast is) and they are still sassy and sarcastic with each other. :giggle:I remember John joined Rainn on an Instagram Live he did last year too. ❤️ Jack Ryan sure is different. :lmao: Oh wow, all those Tonys! At least it's the same name. :haha:  Ooh, A Quiet Place is such an incredible film.  I highly recommend. 😮  lol this BK reference. I wonder what they will say to that. :giggle:  But yes, I am a big fan of hers as well. I'm glad you enjoyed the SGN videos too. :wub:  Those were some great moments. Emily did sit in for him at times, but not to host a full episode... it's John's show, don't take it from me. :kissbye:(!)  lol yeah I never watch SNL but I had to see him on there. :haha:  Yay, I adore him performing N' Sync so much. I didn't watch Anna Kendrick. :dead:  Now I might have to to see his reactions. But yay you picking John! I'm so happy you watched and enjoyed the media I provided and thank you so much for your kind comments. I hope this was worth the wait. :lmao: 

Unfortunately, the two clues didn't help much. :lmao: I went back and read the previous ones and noticed there were always three gifs. :haha: Wait, there's no more to post? I guess I'll be all alone in exposing myself from this point forward, as I have a few more that come to mind. :dead: I can see why he can be considered the ideal husband. What if Zac Efron played a husband on TV? Would you reconsider? TV boyfriends? 😮 I thought you believed in polygamy; I'm just teasing. 😛 I see about The Office. It's really nice to see the cast are still friends and keep in touch and are sassy and sarcastic with each other. Pretty cool to know John joined Rainn on an Instagram Live from last year. True about all the Tonys and him playing roles that have the same name. I'm not really into those kinds of movies, but I may check it out if I have nothing else to do. I don't know; he/she hasn't been in here in a while. The SGN videos were good indeed. :yes: Nice to see she sat in for him at times even if they weren't full episodes. OK, ok, he can have the show to himself. Maybe Emily can host her own. Makes sense to watch the SNL episode because of him. Why does it not surprise me you didn't watch Anna Kendrick. :dead: I thought his reactions were pretty funny, so it would be good to watch her if only for that. :haha: You're welcome for the kind words; exposing ourselves like this isn't easy, so I try to make it as welcoming as possible. It was certainly worth the wait. :yes:

Speaking of exposing oneself (:dead:), I'll post the clues for my next crush:

- Acted alongside someone who played a character with a male name in a TV show, in a movie about being the offspring of someone in a powerful position

- Was in one could say a middle of a BET show

- An item that caused this person to go crazy

On 5/21/2021 at 8:09 PM, Crisis said:

Not a problem! I guess I can be the person to help you remember these things. :haha: Completely agree about Elliott's performance being good and him sounding the same. :yes: I wonder what the Michael Johns reference met as well. Maybe the two worked together prior to Michael's passing. 🤷‍♂️ It would be something if all of the finalists got together; the closest thing we had to that was the S15 Grand Finale. S5 really was. Speaking of which, the season ended in the Mini Rankdown and unfortunately things got pretty ugly in the final round. :( We're on S6 now and hopefully things will be a little calmer although I'm thinking about creating a little chaos myself. :giggle: Speaking of S6, maybe I'll check and see if she is active on any other social media platforms. The show being in your dreams? 🤔 Maybe that's a sign for you to continue watching it. :giggle:

Oh, Russian Dolls were your favorite? Yeah that probably hurt to see them leave last week. Well Chameleon is in the finals now, so my prognostication was off. :haha: I thought Yeti would be there instead of him. Speaking of Chameleon, he may be my favorite one remaining. If he is who I think he is, funny enough I'm not much of a fan of his outside the show but enjoy him on it. :haha:

I'm thinking the cold is because of the vaccine. The symptoms feeling like the flu makes sense. :yes: I went back to work on Wednesday and continued for the rest of the week. I'm still not 100%, but I'm slowly getting back there. I may be fully recovered this upcoming weekend. Thank you for the recovery wishes. 🤗

You don't seem to be the type to participate in such depravity. :haha: I don't think those are coming back especially since none of the contestants outside of Scotty have their own sections. The last two sentences seem to be invitations to post more pictures of Katharine, but I'm going to check myself and not do so. 😛 😘

Thank you. :giggle: Hmm, I really do wonder. :( Yes, I thought of the S15 finale as well. Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear that...  Some bad experiences are why I am now in rankdown retirement. :closedeyes: I hope it goes better for you though and any chaos isn't too bad. :lmao: Yes, that sounds like a good idea! LOL I know. I am busy watching other things though. :lmao:  I'll get back to it soon.

They were my favorites to watch on the show, although I prefer a couple others outside of it. They were just so fun. :( Ahh yes, I kind of thought Yeti might go last week and mostly predicted the final 4 order. 😮  Oh really? I've been a huge fan of both Piglet and Black Swan for many years so I can't say the same for me. :haha: 

Probably but I'm glad it wasn't too bad for you. :hug: I hope you're all better now!

Thank you for saying so. :haha: This is true. And lol I don't mind if you do. :lmao: 

On 5/21/2021 at 8:27 PM, Crisis said:

Hide contents

Unfortunately, the two clues didn't help much. :lmao: I went back and read the previous ones and noticed there were always three gifs. :haha: Wait, there's no more to post? I guess I'll be all alone in exposing myself from this point forward, as I have a few more that come to mind. :dead: I can see why he can be considered the ideal husband. What if Zac Efron played a husband on TV? Would you reconsider? TV boyfriends? 😮 I thought you believed in polygamy; I'm just teasing. 😛 I see about The Office. It's really nice to see the cast are still friends and keep in touch and are sassy and sarcastic with each other. Pretty cool to know John joined Rainn on an Instagram Live from last year. True about all the Tonys and him playing roles that have the same name. I'm not really into those kinds of movies, but I may check it out if I have nothing else to do. I don't know; he/she hasn't been in here in a while. The SGN videos were good indeed. :yes: Nice to see she sat in for him at times even if they weren't full episodes. OK, ok, he can have the show to himself. Maybe Emily can host her own. Makes sense to watch the SNL episode because of him. Why does it not surprise me you didn't watch Anna Kendrick. :dead: I thought his reactions were pretty funny, so it would be good to watch her if only for that. :haha: You're welcome for the kind words; exposing ourselves like this isn't easy, so I try to make it as welcoming as possible. It was certainly worth the wait. :yes:

Speaking of exposing oneself (:dead:), I'll post the clues for my next crush:

- Acted alongside someone who played a character with a male name in a TV show, in a movie about being the offspring of someone in a powerful position

- Was in one could say a middle of a BET show

- An item that caused this person to go crazy

Sorry. 😭 Haha yes, just like I said. :giggle:  I don't have any more... although I can think of another person I could maybe post, but it's complicated. :giggle: I'm glad you do. ❤️ "What if Zac Efron played a husband on TV? Would you reconsider?" :dead:  I am only basing it on the character, so it depends. :giggle:Speaking of, I would die for him to star in a television show, but I'm not sure if that interests him. 😢  He's my overall husband though. 😇  "TV boyfriends?  I thought you believed in polygamy; I'm just teasing. " :dead: I do but the relationships wouldn't exist in the same world. :dead:  I don't know how to put it, but I'd consider a character like Archie Andrew to be my boyfriend over husband, but Jim Halpert is straight up husband material. :giggle:  Yes, I agree and yay! ❤️  Oh, for some reason, I thought that movie might appeal to you. :blushingwave:  Aww yeah. :(  I'm glad you enjoyed. lol thank you. :giggle: Hahahaha! I guess I need to watch it then. :lmao:  Aww yes, that's true and I really appreciate that. :hug: 

:lmao: My head is spinning at this first clue. Hmm.... I came up with someone quick that might work, so I'll go with it and say Katie Holmes. 

4 hours ago, miss denise said:

Thank you. :giggle: Hmm, I really do wonder. :( Yes, I thought of the S15 finale as well. Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear that...  Some bad experiences are why I am now in rankdown retirement. :closedeyes: I hope it goes better for you though and any chaos isn't too bad. :lmao: Yes, that sounds like a good idea! LOL I know. I am busy watching other things though. :lmao:  I'll get back to it soon.

They were my favorites to watch on the show, although I prefer a couple others outside of it. They were just so fun. :( Ahh yes, I kind of thought Yeti might go last week and mostly predicted the final 4 order. 😮  Oh really? I've been a huge fan of both Piglet and Black Swan for many years so I can't say the same for me. :haha: 

Probably but I'm glad it wasn't too bad for you. :hug: I hope you're all better now!

Thank you for saying so. :haha: This is true. And lol I don't mind if you do. :lmao: 

You're welcome. :giggle: It was great to see all of those contestants during the S15 finale although the S15 crew was on the short end of the stick. I completely understand about retiring from rankdowns due to bad experiences. I see a lot of why people would feel that way. I'm playing S6 and am signed up for S7 (which looks like will be a huge bloodbath); however, I may not continue after that. Besides, it was around S8 when my Idol obsession declined sharply. Obviously, I'm still a big fan of the show, watch it, and have become a fan of some of the contestants, however; S5 up to the S8 Finals was the peak of my Idol obsession. I haven't had the opportunity to create any chaos thus far; hopefully that will change soon. I haven't had the chance to check on her; maybe I'll do so this weekend. Oh OK, hopefully you'll get back to it soon. I made a reference to the show in The Masked Singer thread, but it looks like no one got it. I won't say anything in case it may be a spoiler, however.

Russian Dolls were a lot of fun to watch. They definitely kept things interesting. I see about Yeti and predicting the Final 4 order. It seems some posters are fans of Black Swan; I feel out of the loop. :haha: Well, I'm sure she and Piglet finishing in the Top 2 was nice for you.

I'm feeling a lot better now! 🤗 I would say I'm about 95% healthy at the moment.

I'll keep this in mind for the future. :giggle: Speaking of whom, I'm just now discovering she has her own smiley! :dead: :mcwave: I'll definitely have to come up with ways to use it. :haha:

I see my S19 thread has also seen some activity. :shiftywave: I'll read and reply to that this evening. :yes:

5 hours ago, miss denise said:

Hide contents

Sorry. 😭 Haha yes, just like I said. :giggle:  I don't have any more... although I can think of another person I could maybe post, but it's complicated. :giggle: I'm glad you do. ❤️ "What if Zac Efron played a husband on TV? Would you reconsider?" :dead:  I am only basing it on the character, so it depends. :giggle:Speaking of, I would die for him to star in a television show, but I'm not sure if that interests him. 😢  He's my overall husband though. 😇  "TV boyfriends?  I thought you believed in polygamy; I'm just teasing. " :dead: I do but the relationships wouldn't exist in the same world. :dead:  I don't know how to put it, but I'd consider a character like Archie Andrew to be my boyfriend over husband, but Jim Halpert is straight up husband material. :giggle:  Yes, I agree and yay! ❤️  Oh, for some reason, I thought that movie might appeal to you. :blushingwave:  Aww yeah. :(  I'm glad you enjoyed. lol thank you. :giggle: Hahahaha! I guess I need to watch it then. :lmao:  Aww yes, that's true and I really appreciate that. :hug: 

:lmao: My head is spinning at this first clue. Hmm.... I came up with someone quick that might work, so I'll go with it and say Katie Holmes. 

It's OK; I'm just an idiot with limited pop culture knowledge. :lmao: If it's complicated, it's probably the best not to post that person. :giggle: I'll see how many more I can post. Hmm, so if he plays someone similar to Jim Halpert, would Jim be served divorce papers? Hey, you never know. There could be something that could pique his interest. :yes: I see about him being your overall husband. I realize I used the wrong word. I meant to say "monogamy" instead of "polygamy". :dead: Fair point about the relationships not existing in the same world. I see your point about Archie and Jim. I guess I'm more into action, drama, comedy, and the occasional rom-com type of movies and not so much suspense or horror ones. Heh, you're welcome. :giggle: I don't think you'll be disappointed if you do (or at least I hope not). 🤗

If anyone was paying attention, I gave a pre-clue at the end of my Alex Morgan write-up. 😉 As for the current guess, I'll just say it may or may not have something to do with Katie Holmes. :giggle: 

On 5/27/2021 at 1:44 PM, Crisis said:

You're welcome. :giggle: It was great to see all of those contestants during the S15 finale although the S15 crew was on the short end of the stick. I completely understand about retiring from rankdowns due to bad experiences. I see a lot of why people would feel that way. I'm playing S6 and am signed up for S7 (which looks like will be a huge bloodbath); however, I may not continue after that. Besides, it was around S8 when my Idol obsession declined sharply. Obviously, I'm still a big fan of the show, watch it, and have become a fan of some of the contestants, however; S5 up to the S8 Finals was the peak of my Idol obsession. I haven't had the opportunity to create any chaos thus far; hopefully that will change soon. I haven't had the chance to check on her; maybe I'll do so this weekend. Oh OK, hopefully you'll get back to it soon. I made a reference to the show in The Masked Singer thread, but it looks like no one got it. I won't say anything in case it may be a spoiler, however.

Russian Dolls were a lot of fun to watch. They definitely kept things interesting. I see about Yeti and predicting the Final 4 order. It seems some posters are fans of Black Swan; I feel out of the loop. :haha: Well, I'm sure she and Piglet finishing in the Top 2 was nice for you.

I'm feeling a lot better now! 🤗 I would say I'm about 95% healthy at the moment.

I'll keep this in mind for the future. :giggle: Speaking of whom, I'm just now discovering she has her own smiley! :dead: :mcwave: I'll definitely have to come up with ways to use it. :haha:

I see my S19 thread has also seen some activity. :shiftywave: I'll read and reply to that this evening. :yes:

Reveal hidden contents

It's OK; I'm just an idiot with limited pop culture knowledge. :lmao: If it's complicated, it's probably the best not to post that person. :giggle: I'll see how many more I can post. Hmm, so if he plays someone similar to Jim Halpert, would Jim be served divorce papers? Hey, you never know. There could be something that could pique his interest. :yes: I see about him being your overall husband. I realize I used the wrong word. I meant to say "monogamy" instead of "polygamy". :dead: Fair point about the relationships not existing in the same world. I see your point about Archie and Jim. I guess I'm more into action, drama, comedy, and the occasional rom-com type of movies and not so much suspense or horror ones. Heh, you're welcome. :giggle: I don't think you'll be disappointed if you do (or at least I hope not). 🤗

If anyone was paying attention, I gave a pre-clue at the end of my Alex Morgan write-up. 😉 As for the current guess, I'll just say it may or may not have something to do with Katie Holmes. :giggle: 

Ugh yeah, I remember that regarding the S15 contestants. :(  And yeah, some pretty nasty stuff happened. :( I can imagine S7 being intense and expect S8 might be as well... I kind of want to return as a viewer, but also not sure. Maybe after a year of absence. :giggle: Aww I see. :( That was more around S12 for me. I understand. "I haven't had the opportunity to create any chaos thus far; hopefully that will change soon." :dead:  Okay, hopefully you found or find something. ❤️ I will... it keeps popping into my brain at random times. :lmao: I'm trying to get my TV schedule sorted out though now that lots of shows are ending or starting up again. Oh you did? 😮 I did not catch that. 😮 

I hope we get to see more duos or groups on in the future. ❤️ Ahh yeah, she does have some big fans around here. I loved her since she released her first single at age 13. :wub:  Do you know it?:

It was, thank you! Sorry if it wasn't what you wanted. :( 

That's great! :hug: 

:giggle:  Oh LOL yes, she does have her own! I miss the days now when so many of the Idols had their own smileys. :haha: But this one is my favorite: :archgosh::giggle: 

It did! I'll get over there later today, hopefully. I'm making your TMS thread my first priority. :haha: 

Oh no, don't say that.:lmao: lol why is that? You don't want to see? :giggle: OMG divorce papers! :dead: Yikes. I don't want to say that but... oh gosh. :dead:  Ahh I hope so, that would be a dream. I love him in movies, of course, but it's another thing to see someone on your TV every week. :giggle: Oh ooops, I read that as you thought I *didn't* believe in polygamy, so it worked out anyway. :haha: Yay! Ahh I see... I am not a typical horror movie fan at ALL, but I absolutely love this movie. 😮  The sequel's release was pushed back a year, but it finally released this weekend and was also so good. ❤️  Haha yes and of course I keep forgetting unless I'm in this thread. :lmao: But okay, I just watched and omg you were right, of course! :lmao:  Wow, her busting out the Emily Blunt shirt. :dead: John's reactions were the best. :wub: :giggle: 

Oops. 😐  :dead:  Dang it, now I'm wrong. I wanted to be right! Now I have to ponder these clues again with a singer in mind. But I'm too distracted because I saw the Zac gif again when looking back at that write-up. :giggle: 

10 hours ago, miss denise said:

Ugh yeah, I remember that regarding the S15 contestants. :(  And yeah, some pretty nasty stuff happened. :( I can imagine S7 being intense and expect S8 might be as well... I kind of want to return as a viewer, but also not sure. Maybe after a year of absence. :giggle: Aww I see. :( That was more around S12 for me. I understand. "I haven't had the opportunity to create any chaos thus far; hopefully that will change soon." :dead:  Okay, hopefully you found or find something. ❤️ I will... it keeps popping into my brain at random times. :lmao: I'm trying to get my TV schedule sorted out though now that lots of shows are ending or starting up again. Oh you did? 😮 I did not catch that. 😮 

I hope we get to see more duos or groups on in the future. ❤️ Ahh yeah, she does have some big fans around here. I loved her since she released her first single at age 13. :wub:  Do you know it?:

It was, thank you! Sorry if it wasn't what you wanted. :( 

That's great! :hug: 

:giggle:  Oh LOL yes, she does have her own! I miss the days now when so many of the Idols had their own smileys. :haha: But this one is my favorite: :archgosh::giggle: 

It did! I'll get over there later today, hopefully. I'm making your TMS thread my first priority. :haha: 

Hide contents

Oh no, don't say that.:lmao: lol why is that? You don't want to see? :giggle: OMG divorce papers! :dead: Yikes. I don't want to say that but... oh gosh. :dead:  Ahh I hope so, that would be a dream. I love him in movies, of course, but it's another thing to see someone on your TV every week. :giggle: Oh ooops, I read that as you thought I *didn't* believe in polygamy, so it worked out anyway. :haha: Yay! Ahh I see... I am not a typical horror movie fan at ALL, but I absolutely love this movie. 😮  The sequel's release was pushed back a year, but it finally released this weekend and was also so good. ❤️  Haha yes and of course I keep forgetting unless I'm in this thread. :lmao: But okay, I just watched and omg you were right, of course! :lmao:  Wow, her busting out the Emily Blunt shirt. :dead: John's reactions were the best. :wub: :giggle: 

Oops. 😐  :dead:  Dang it, now I'm wrong. I wanted to be right! Now I have to ponder these clues again with a singer in mind. But I'm too distracted because I saw the Zac gif again when looking back at that write-up. :giggle: 

Yeah. Other than S18, the S15 contestants were shafted the most. :( Too bad about some really nasty stuff happening. It appears one has to have thick skin or an easygoing and laid back nature to survive there. S7 may be even more intense because there are other posters wanting to sign up for it. I see about returning as a viewer. S8 started off well enough; however, I wasn't a fan of the way things ran and became disinterested around the time the finals began. S9 is one of my least favorite seasons, and that greatly contributed to me not having much love for Idol. Things looked like they were picking up in S10; however, the elimination order gutted me. S11 was a great season and some of my love came back. Then S12 came around, and that's when a majority of the love left and has yet to return though I faithfully watch. In that sense, I understand how S12 was the season for you. As for the game, I in part advanced a performance to the finals that raised a few eyebrows. :giggle: Although I didn't do what I really wanted, I figured that would be enough. :haha: Hopefully you do get back to it soon. As for the reference, it depends on which episode was watched in order to understand it.

I hope we get more duos or groups as well. This is one of maybe two songs of hers I've heard. It's OK; I've had some acts I enjoyed, but I wasn't really disappointed where they placed. Maybe that will change should there be an act I'm a huge fan of and am able to recognize early.

🤗

From the looks of it, some contestants still have their old smileys. :haha: I wonder why this one is a favorite. :giggle:

It looks like you did. :yes: That thread doesn't have to be first priority, especially since outside the two of us there's no one there. Speaking of threads, I may start this one back and create one of the threads I talked about in the previous page or so some time this week.

It feels like it though. 😐 I'd see it if you're fine sharing it. I can imagine that would be a tough decision. I'd probably think the same thing if it were two people in the same situation. :haha: I guess it did work out since you put it that way. :haha: Ugh, it's annoying when things are pushed back especially as long as a year. At least it was finally released and I'm happy to see you thought it was good. I thought you'd enjoy Anna's act if only for John's reactions. 😏 :haha: The shirt was funny, but my favorite was Emily's pictures on the screen. :lmao:

I started on the write-up, but I won't post it until at least another guess is made. Outside of that, I'll see about posting it before the end of the week. It's the gif that keeps on giving. :haha: I don't blame you; it'd be the same for me if it were a gif of Katharine or Nicole. :lmao:

13 hours ago, Crisis said:

Yeah. Other than S18, the S15 contestants were shafted the most. :( Too bad about some really nasty stuff happening. It appears one has to have thick skin or an easygoing and laid back nature to survive there. S7 may be even more intense because there are other posters wanting to sign up for it. I see about returning as a viewer. S8 started off well enough; however, I wasn't a fan of the way things ran and became disinterested around the time the finals began. S9 is one of my least favorite seasons, and that greatly contributed to me not having much love for Idol. Things looked like they were picking up in S10; however, the elimination order gutted me. S11 was a great season and some of my love came back. Then S12 came around, and that's when a majority of the love left and has yet to return though I faithfully watch. In that sense, I understand how S12 was the season for you. As for the game, I in part advanced a performance to the finals that raised a few eyebrows. :giggle: Although I didn't do what I really wanted, I figured that would be enough. :haha: Hopefully you do get back to it soon. As for the reference, it depends on which episode was watched in order to understand it.

I hope we get more duos or groups as well. This is one of maybe two songs of hers I've heard. It's OK; I've had some acts I enjoyed, but I wasn't really disappointed where they placed. Maybe that will change should there be an act I'm a huge fan of and am able to recognize early.

From the looks of it, some contestants still have their old smileys. :haha: I wonder why this one is a favorite. :giggle:

It looks like you did. :yes: That thread doesn't have to be first priority, especially since outside the two of us there's no one there. Speaking of threads, I may start this one back and create one of the threads I talked about in the previous page or so some time this week.

Reveal hidden contents

It feels like it though. 😐 I'd see it if you're fine sharing it. I can imagine that would be a tough decision. I'd probably think the same thing if it were two people in the same situation. :haha: I guess it did work out since you put it that way. :haha: Ugh, it's annoying when things are pushed back especially as long as a year. At least it was finally released and I'm happy to see you thought it was good. I thought you'd enjoy Anna's act if only for John's reactions. 😏 :haha: The shirt was funny, but my favorite was Emily's pictures on the screen. :lmao:

I started on the write-up, but I won't post it until at least another guess is made. Outside of that, I'll see about posting it before the end of the week. It's the gif that keeps on giving. :haha: I don't blame you; it'd be the same for me if it were a gif of Katharine or Nicole. :lmao:

Yeah, I think so. :( You do and I don't have either of those things. :broken: Oh, I feel people would be quite competitive with some of the S8 contestants, but I guess we'll see... or you'll see. :giggle: I understand. :( S9 was actually my first thought, but then I loved S10 and S11 so much, so I have to say S12 was where the decline began for me. I feel exactly the same. Oooh, what performance was that that you advanced? Do tell. :giggle: I might. It was fun during the good moments, of course. Ahh okay, I think I watched the first four so far. 

Yay! Ahh, I'm glad you're at least familiar with it. ❤️ "Too Little, Too Late" is her other most well-known single, so I'm guessing that might be the other you know. "Note to God" is one of my favorites of hers vocally, if you are interested. ❤️ Ahh okay, that's good, at least. I wonder if there will be. 😮 

Yep, those all seemed to survive the board upgrade, despite some of the most popular and used smileys not making it. :wacko:  Hmmm. :giggle: 

I did! Oh, I thought you would prefer that since you have a ranking currently going on there. 😮  Ooh okay! I look forward to whatever you have planned. :shiftywave: 

Noo, I'm sorry. :(  I don't want you to feel that way. Oh, I am fine with it, it's just complicated... but I can't explain why without revealing the person. :giggle: Ahh yeah. I'm glad you get me. :haha: Yes! Yeah, the premiere was actually in March 2020, but then everything shut down so they held off on the theatrical release. It was a good decision and the movie seemed to do really well this weekend. ❤️ Thank you! Hahaha I did. Those were funny too, although my favorite was John on the stage. 😮 :giggle: 

OMG I have to make another guess. I have nothing in my brain. 😢  The first clue seems to have so many steps to it that I can't even process. :dead: 😢 And I have no ideas for the other two either. *thinks hard* *comes up with nothing* "The gif that keeps on giving"  :giggle: I love it. 

On 6/2/2021 at 11:14 AM, miss denise said:

Yeah, I think so. :( You do and I don't have either of those things. :broken: Oh, I feel people would be quite competitive with some of the S8 contestants, but I guess we'll see... or you'll see. :giggle: I understand. :( S9 was actually my first thought, but then I loved S10 and S11 so much, so I have to say S12 was where the decline began for me. I feel exactly the same. Oooh, what performance was that that you advanced? Do tell. :giggle: I might. It was fun during the good moments, of course. Ahh okay, I think I watched the first four so far. 

Yay! Ahh, I'm glad you're at least familiar with it. ❤️ "Too Little, Too Late" is her other most well-known single, so I'm guessing that might be the other you know. "Note to God" is one of my favorites of hers vocally, if you are interested. ❤️ Ahh okay, that's good, at least. I wonder if there will be. 😮 

Yep, those all seemed to survive the board upgrade, despite some of the most popular and used smileys not making it. :wacko:  Hmmm. :giggle: 

I did! Oh, I thought you would prefer that since you have a ranking currently going on there. 😮  Ooh okay! I look forward to whatever you have planned. :shiftywave: 

Hide contents

Noo, I'm sorry. :(  I don't want you to feel that way. Oh, I am fine with it, it's just complicated... but I can't explain why without revealing the person. :giggle: Ahh yeah. I'm glad you get me. :haha: Yes! Yeah, the premiere was actually in March 2020, but then everything shut down so they held off on the theatrical release. It was a good decision and the movie seemed to do really well this weekend. ❤️ Thank you! Hahaha I did. Those were funny too, although my favorite was John on the stage. 😮 :giggle: 

OMG I have to make another guess. I have nothing in my brain. 😢  The first clue seems to have so many steps to it that I can't even process. :dead: 😢 And I have no ideas for the other two either. *thinks hard* *comes up with nothing* "The gif that keeps on giving"  :giggle: I love it. 

Hey, those aren't character flaws. All of us have shortcomings in some areas and excel in others. I see the point about S8; there could be some competitiveness going on between the Adam and Kris fans. As of right now, I'm 50/50 on playing S8 but as mentioned I may bow out after S7. It's just that the end of the S5 round left a bad taste in my mouth. I see about the seasons. I'll share. :giggle: The song I played a major part in advancing was Haley's Tell Him. There's a round in which one performance is automatically advanced to the Top 20/Finals and two other performances are cut. Usually the decision is made by a pair of rankers or one gets to act on his/her own if there are an odd number of rankers. Haley had three performances remaining in this round and one was immediately cut (Missing You). I expected to see her two remaining performances (Tell Him and Ain't Misbehavin') cut shortly after; however, they were being spared so I decided to see if I could advance one of them to the finals. I waited to see what my partner wanted to do. That partner gave me the blessing to go ahead and send one of her performances to the finals - which was Tell Him of course - and the rest was history. :giggle: For the show, I want to say it was the fifth episode in which the reference was made, although I may have misquoted it. :lmao: It still has the same sentiment, however. :haha:

Yes, Too Little, Too Late is the other song of hers I'm familiar with. :yes: I listened to the other song posted, and it was really nice. :yes: I can think of maybe a couple that could make me feel that way...

Yeah, it does seem weird. :giggle:

Although I'm done with school for now, things are pretty hectic at work; therefore, I'm not sure if I'll have the time to multi-task everything. I'll do what I can, however.

Oh, OK. I'll try not to feel that way. Hey, if you don't want to reveal that person, I'm not going to twist your arm or anything. It makes sense it was delayed for a year given the timing and circumstances surrounding it. Good to see the movie did well this past weekend. Yeah, they were funny although I'm not surprised at the last part of this sentence. :giggle:

OK, I'll give one more clue. Hopefully, it'll help out a little:

- Has an album that is the same name of a song from a chill wildcard from the most recent season of The Masked Singer.

20 hours ago, Crisis said:

Hey, those aren't character flaws. All of us have shortcomings in some areas and excel in others. I see the point about S8; there could be some competitiveness going on between the Adam and Kris fans. As of right now, I'm 50/50 on playing S8 but as mentioned I may bow out after S7. It's just that the end of the S5 round left a bad taste in my mouth. I see about the seasons. I'll share. :giggle: The song I played a major part in advancing was Haley's Tell Him. There's a round in which one performance is automatically advanced to the Top 20/Finals and two other performances are cut. Usually the decision is made by a pair of rankers or one gets to act on his/her own if there are an odd number of rankers. Haley had three performances remaining in this round and one was immediately cut (Missing You). I expected to see her two remaining performances (Tell Him and Ain't Misbehavin') cut shortly after; however, they were being spared so I decided to see if I could advance one of them to the finals. I waited to see what my partner wanted to do. That partner gave me the blessing to go ahead and send one of her performances to the finals - which was Tell Him of course - and the rest was history. :giggle: For the show, I want to say it was the fifth episode in which the reference was made, although I may have misquoted it. :lmao: It still has the same sentiment, however. :haha:

Yes, Too Little, Too Late is the other song of hers I'm familiar with. :yes: I listened to the other song posted, and it was really nice. :yes: I can think of maybe a couple that could make me feel that way...

Yeah, it does seem weird. :giggle:

Although I'm done with school for now, things are pretty hectic at work; therefore, I'm not sure if I'll have the time to multi-task everything. I'll do what I can, however.

Reveal hidden contents

Oh, OK. I'll try not to feel that way. Hey, if you don't want to reveal that person, I'm not going to twist your arm or anything. It makes sense it was delayed for a year given the timing and circumstances surrounding it. Good to see the movie did well this past weekend. Yeah, they were funny although I'm not surprised at the last part of this sentence. :giggle:

OK, I'll give one more clue. Hopefully, it'll help out a little:

- Has an album that is the same name of a song from a chill wildcard from the most recent season of The Masked Singer.

Thanks. :( :hug: Yeah, I could see that. I was actually asked to join in on the S7 round but just don't feel up for it. :( I remember what you said about it looking scary too, which I don't doubt. I've seen enough things in my day. :giggle: I'm sorry how S5 went for you. :( Oooh hahaha this does not surprise me at all that you put through a Haley performance, but I'm more surprised your partner agreed to it. Who was that, if you can say? I've known most of the regulars in there since forever so I'm curious. :haha: That was definitely a good move for you to get a Haley performance in there. Oh okay, I'll have to check back after I watch. :haha:  

Oh yay and I'm glad you enjoyed the other one as well. ❤️ Ooh. :shiftywave: 

I like to mention this every now and then because I'll never get over it. :dead: :( 

Aww just do what you can and what you want! It should only be fun and not stressful. ❤️ 

:hug: Oh, lol I have no problem revealing him, it's more so that I would be talking about a past version of him, if that makes sense. :dead:  Yep and thank you. ❤️ Hahaha. :giggle: 

😮 Thanks for another clue and oooh, this could be helpful with TMS reference! :shiftywave:  *researches* Oooh! Right away I'm thinking of Amerie because she also had a song (and album) called "Touch", just like Omarion aka the Yeti. 😮  Let me try to fit her to the other clues now... OMG she was in the Katie Holmes movie so I was close. :dead:  I had the right movie with First Daughter. Okay and so Katie Holmes played a character with a male name (Joey) on the show Dawson's Creek. PHEW. I figured it out but never seen any of these so that was exceptionally difficult. :dead:  In the middle of a BET show.... I see she hosted The Center on BET so that makes sense. And something about going crazy... I will guess this is in reference to her song "1 Thing" but I would never have come up with this otherwise. :dead:  Yay!

15 hours ago, miss denise said:

Thanks. :( :hug: Yeah, I could see that. I was actually asked to join in on the S7 round but just don't feel up for it. :( I remember what you said about it looking scary too, which I don't doubt. I've seen enough things in my day. :giggle: I'm sorry how S5 went for you. :( Oooh hahaha this does not surprise me at all that you put through a Haley performance, but I'm more surprised your partner agreed to it. Who was that, if you can say? I've known most of the regulars in there since forever so I'm curious. :haha: That was definitely a good move for you to get a Haley performance in there. Oh okay, I'll have to check back after I watch. :haha:  

Oh yay and I'm glad you enjoyed the other one as well. ❤️ Ooh. :shiftywave: 

I like to mention this every now and then because I'll never get over it. :dead: :( 

Aww just do what you can and what you want! It should only be fun and not stressful. ❤️ 

Reveal hidden contents

:hug: Oh, lol I have no problem revealing him, it's more so that I would be talking about a past version of him, if that makes sense. :dead:  Yep and thank you. ❤️ Hahaha. :giggle: 

😮 Thanks for another clue and oooh, this could be helpful with TMS reference! :shiftywave:  *researches* Oooh! Right away I'm thinking of Amerie because she also had a song (and album) called "Touch", just like Omarion aka the Yeti. 😮  Let me try to fit her to the other clues now... OMG she was in the Katie Holmes movie so I was close. :dead:  I had the right movie with First Daughter. Okay and so Katie Holmes played a character with a male name (Joey) on the show Dawson's Creek. PHEW. I figured it out but never seen any of these so that was exceptionally difficult. :dead:  In the middle of a BET show.... I see she hosted The Center on BET so that makes sense. And something about going crazy... I will guess this is in reference to her song "1 Thing" but I would never have come up with this otherwise. :dead:  Yay!

🤗. Oh I see. There's no shame of not doing anything if you're not up to it. Yeah, I think S7 will resemble something like The Hunger Games. Funny enough, this will probably be the season I'll be the most relaxed. S5 was easily the most stressful season for me. Thanks. Although I wasn't fond of how the season ended, nothing will take away how I feel about the contestants or the performances. You know I had to advance one of my girl's performances if the opportunity presented itself. :dead: I was fortunate not to be paired with someone who doesn't like her. :haha: I don't think that poster knows about this thread let alone reads it; however, I'll be safe and not mention that poster. 🤐 I hope that's understandable. I hope you do and maybe get that reference.

That was a nice song. She really does have an impressive voice and would've made a good winner. I wonder what that ooh and shifty wave is referring to. 🤔 :haha: With that said, one of them is on the panel of course.

Haha, that's completely understandable. :haha:

Thanks. It's difficult to keep that in mind, but I'll try.

Oh, OK. Whatever you do with this person I'm perfectly fine with. 🤗 

As for this guess, we'll see...

Celebrity Crush #12: Amerie (Ameriie) Rogers

Premiere%2BRogue%2BPictures%2BSkyline%2BArrivals%2BSH1_aDvek9ux.jpg&f=1&nofb=1 kj-gthumb-gwdata1200-ghdata1200-gfitdatamax.jpg&f=1&nofb=1 24-amerie.jpg&f=1&nofb=1 Amerie%2BEntertainment%2BWeekly%2BAnnual%2BMust%2BList%2BsGJfqcWml83l.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Clue #1: Acted alongside someone who played a character with a male name in a TV show, in a movie about being the offspring of someone in a powerful position.

Yes, Katie Holmes had to do with this long-winded clue. :haha: She played Joey (a male name although there was a S14 contestant with the same name :haha:) in the WB drama Dawson’s Creek. Amerie appeared with Holmes in the movie First Daughter as her frenemy roommate.

Clue #2: Was in what one could say a middle of a BET show

Amerie was the host and co-creator of the BET show The Center, which was an after school program about the host giving advice to teenagers in between playing music videos. She hosted the first two seasons.

Clue #3: An item that caused this person to go crazy

A reference to Amerie’s biggest hit 1 Thing. The chorus goes:

It's this 1 thing that's got me trippin

It's this 1 thing that's got me trippin (you did)

This 1 thing my soul may be feeling

It's this 1 thing you did oh oh

It's this 1 thing that caught me slippin

It's this 1 thing I want to admit it (you did)

This 1 thing and I was so with it

It's this 1 thing you did oh oh

Extra Clue: Has an album that is the same name of a song from a chill wildcard from the most recent season of The Masked Singer.

Denise explained this clue, so I won't say anything here.

Amerie is a Black/Korean singer-songwriter, actress, and author. At one point she added an additional 'i' to her name and went by Ameriie. It appears she has since dropped the extra 'i'. Regardless, she is someone who I always thought was absolutely gorgeous. :wub: I fell in love with her at first sight after watching one of her music videos, and for a while she was one of my biggest physical crushes. I’ll just say I definitely had some impure thoughts about her. :stealth: :dead: If I were to pick her best feature, it would definitely be her smile. She has one of the most beautiful smiles I’ve ever seen. With that said, her most well-known physical features are probably her legs. It makes sense seeing he often wore outfits that showcased them. I know she had a phase when she dyed her hair blonde, but she was still beautiful, nonetheless.

The first time I heard of Amerie was when she sang the hook on rapper Nas’ track Rule, which samples the Tears For Fears classic Everybody Wants To Rule The World. I thought she had a really pretty voice and wondered who this singer was. It wasn’t until the Summer of 2002 when I saw the video for her song Why Don’t We Fall In Love is when I saw her the first time. I was happy to see she was as pretty as her voice. She also released a video for her second single Talkin’ To Me which was more of a ballad compared to the up-tempo WDWFIL. Her debut album All I Have was released July 2002, and I made sure I got a copy. It was an album I wore out that year as I enjoyed just about every song on it. It would be three years before she released her sophomore album Touch, which spawned her biggest single 1 Thing. Unfortunately, Amerie’s career hit a roadblock due to issues with her label surrounding the release of her third album Because I Love It. The release date was delayed multiple times and the singles from that album were poorly promoted and therefore, the album didn’t do as well as her previous two. She moved on to another label and released her fourth album In Love And War in 2009. It would be seven years before she released any music when she released the EP Drive. Two years later she released two EPs titled 4AM Mulholland and After 4AM.

Although I’ve enjoyed just about everything she put out, I’m disappointed her career isn’t bigger than it could’ve been. 🙁 I think that seven year stretch when she didn’t release any music put a damper on everything. I think she is one of the more underrated and underappreciated artists out there. With that said, Amerie has stayed busy despite her sporadic music releases. She hosted the BET teen/lifestyle show The Center for a couple of seasons. In addition, she has a YouTube channel in which she talks about beauty products and reviews books. She comes across as someone who is intelligent, well versed, and nice; all of this increases her attractiveness to me. :yes:

Now for a few videos. First, I'll post some of my favorite songs:

Why Don't We Fall In Love

Talkin' To Me

Can't Let Go

1 Thing

Touch

Why Don't We Fall In Love (Richcraft Remix)

More Than Love

Just Sayin'

Next, I'll post a couple of book review videos from her channel:

One more video. Her giving advice on how to read more books (this one is over 25 minutes long, just a warning 😉)

DampTameBug-size_restricted.gif&f=1&nofb=1 AnnualCorruptAbyssiniangroundhornbill-ma EveryAjarAmericancurl-size_restricted.gif&f=1&nofb=1

Amerie:

For Denise for getting this one right:

giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

On 6/5/2021 at 11:24 AM, Crisis said:

🤗. Oh I see. There's no shame of not doing anything if you're not up to it. Yeah, I think S7 will resemble something like The Hunger Games. Funny enough, this will probably be the season I'll be the most relaxed. S5 was easily the most stressful season for me. Thanks. Although I wasn't fond of how the season ended, nothing will take away how I feel about the contestants or the performances. You know I had to advance one of my girl's performances if the opportunity presented itself. :dead: I was fortunate not to be paired with someone who doesn't like her. :haha: I don't think that poster knows about this thread let alone reads it; however, I'll be safe and not mention that poster. 🤐 I hope that's understandable. I hope you do and maybe get that reference.

That was a nice song. She really does have an impressive voice and would've made a good winner. I wonder what that ooh and shifty wave is referring to. 🤔 :haha: With that said, one of them is on the panel of course.

Thanks. It's difficult to keep that in mind, but I'll try.

Reveal hidden contents

Oh, OK. Whatever you do with this person I'm perfectly fine with. 🤗 

As for this guess, we'll see...

Thank you. :hug:  Yikes, that doesn't sound good... but yet it's also the season you'll be the most relaxed? :dead:  Ah wow. How exactly did S5 end that was so upsetting, I wonder? :( But of course it doesn't change your or other's opinions on things. Yes, I completely understand that. Oh, from my experience, pairings were always public knowledge, but that's okay. I will try to remember when I get back to the show. 

I agree. ❤️ It was just me wondering who those people are. :lmao:  But aww Nicole... it would be impressive if she could pull off being a contestant and judge at the same time. :giggle: 

:hug: 

Nothing left to add here so I'll just :giggle: And I see that the person has been posted! I will have to take a look here... 

Amerie: Yay, the bonus clue lead me to the correct answer and then I figured out the other clues too. :haha: That first one certainly was long-winded. :dead: I am familiar with Amerie although I don't know her all that well. I know a couple of her songs, but that's about it. I do think she's really beautiful. I never knew about the additional "i" and wonder how long that lasted. 😮  omggg your physical crush and impure thoughts comment. Thanks for sharing. :giggle: I agree her smile (and all of her) is beautiful. Oh no, not a blonde phase. :giggle: I'm not familiar with most of the songs you named and I feel like "1 Thing" was the first one I heard from her. I'm sorry to hear about the trouble with the label and hate how these things happen to so many artists. :( I hope she'll continue to release music for her fans at least. It's nice she has other things going on as well, although reviewing books is not one I would have guessed. 😮 I definitely know how intelligence and kindness can elevate a person's attractiveness. ❤️ 

Oh yay, now I can listen to some songs. My favorites are Why Don't We Fall In Love, Touch, More Than Love, and Just Sayin'.  I'm curious to see if she's reviewed any books I'm familiar with! Oh wow the 25 minute video. 😮  I read quite a bit so don't think the advice applies to me, unless it will help me speed read. :haha: I might save it to check out though. Maybe I'll watch some of the other videos as well since I love reading. ❤️ 

And omgg yay I won a Hunter!! :wub:  Thank you! :wub: :giggle: 

14 hours ago, miss denise said:

Thank you. :hug:  Yikes, that doesn't sound good... but yet it's also the season you'll be the most relaxed? :dead:  Ah wow. How exactly did S5 end that was so upsetting, I wonder? :( But of course it doesn't change your or other's opinions on things. Yes, I completely understand that. Oh, from my experience, pairings were always public knowledge, but that's okay. I will try to remember when I get back to the show. 

I agree. ❤️ It was just me wondering who those people are. :lmao:  But aww Nicole... it would be impressive if she could pull off being a contestant and judge at the same time. :giggle: 

:hug: 

Nothing left to add here so I'll just :giggle: And I see that the person has been posted! I will have to take a look here... 

🤗. Yeah, I have quite a few favorites from that season; however, I'll just hang back and enjoy the chaos this season is sure to provide seeing that everyone is going to go out of their way to protect or tank other contestants. :giggle: It's just that there was a lot of bad blood between Chris and Katharine fans with the two fanbases tanking and criticizing each of the two performances with most of the reasons having nothing to do with the performances themselves. I personally put the outside factors aside and rate the performances themselves as honestly as possible although I may have made a few comments here and there about the S6 performances :giggle:. Also, I'm a fan of both Katharine and Chris, albeit more so Katharine of course. If there was one positive, Elliott had the winning performance, so I was happy he won if Katharine didn't. Besides, my favorite performance had no chance of winning anyway. Happy to see you do! I see about the pairings; however, I try not to throw my partners under the bus and hope my partner doesn't get too much backlash over the decisions. I hope you do!

I don't know if any of them would be on the show, but I wouldn't complain if they were. That would be impressive, unless she has an identical twin sister or clone we don't know about... :giggle:.

🤗

I see. :giggle: I see there is a reply to that person. I'll try to reply to that during my lunch break.

On 6/7/2021 at 6:46 PM, miss denise said:
  Hide contents

Amerie: Yay, the bonus clue lead me to the correct answer and then I figured out the other clues too. :haha: That first one certainly was long-winded. :dead: I am familiar with Amerie although I don't know her all that well. I know a couple of her songs, but that's about it. I do think she's really beautiful. I never knew about the additional "i" and wonder how long that lasted. 😮  omggg your physical crush and impure thoughts comment. Thanks for sharing. :giggle: I agree her smile (and all of her) is beautiful. Oh no, not a blonde phase. :giggle: I'm not familiar with most of the songs you named and I feel like "1 Thing" was the first one I heard from her. I'm sorry to hear about the trouble with the label and hate how these things happen to so many artists. :( I hope she'll continue to release music for her fans at least. It's nice she has other things going on as well, although reviewing books is not one I would have guessed. 😮 I definitely know how intelligence and kindness can elevate a person's attractiveness. ❤️ 

Oh yay, now I can listen to some songs. My favorites are Why Don't We Fall In Love, Touch, More Than Love, and Just Sayin'.  I'm curious to see if she's reviewed any books I'm familiar with! Oh wow the 25 minute video. 😮  I read quite a bit so don't think the advice applies to me, unless it will help me speed read. :haha: I might save it to check out though. Maybe I'll watch some of the other videos as well since I love reading. ❤️ 

And omgg yay I won a Hunter!! :wub:  Thank you! :wub: :giggle: 

Glad the bonus clue helped! I tried to shorten the first clue but couldn't think of a way to do so. I'm happy to see you are familiar with her despite only knowing a couple of songs. She really is beautiful indeed. I think the additional 'i' lasted for a couple of years, certainly not as long as Prince's name change to that unpronounceable symbol. :dead: Yeah, she was one of those for me. I probably would've done something super embarrassing if I ever met her in person. :dead: It seems that a good number of non-blonde women have at least one blonde phase in their lives. :haha: That's too bad about the songs. "Why Don't We Fall In Love" was pretty much all over the R&B airwaves during Summer 2002. That is true about the artists and their struggles with labels. To quote Q-Tip of A Tribe Called Quest from the song "Check The Rhime":

Industry rule number four thousand and eighty

Record company people are shady

Me too about the music. It's only been three years since she's last released something, so it isn't too bad. It is good to see she has other things going on when she isn't recording music. Agree with the last sentence.

Happy to see you enjoy those songs! She seems to read a lot of different genres, so there's a chance she may have read some books you've read. :yes: I hope you enjoy the video if you do check it out. In addition to book reviews, she interviews some of the authors themselves. She has a few of those on her channel.

I decided to change the reward. Happy to see you enjoy it!

It's time to resurrect the main purpose of this thread now that S19 is behind us. The first topic I'll do is one I've been discussing through this thread, and now I'm pulling the trigger on it. It has to do with my favorite Idol contestant. I will be ranking Katharine's Idol looks. 🥰 I will primarily focus on her performance looks though I may throw in an honorable mention or two in other areas. The hardest part is finding decent pictures of them, but I'll see if I can manage. I'll try starting this topic this weekend.

Edited by Crisis
  • Thanks 1

giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

I most likely will still rank my favorite Katharine Idol looks, but that will be at a separate time in a separate place (a foreshadow of something coming soon... 😉). :mcwave:

For this thread, the next topic will be ranking performances based on a theme. The theme will be a staple of the ABC version of Idol. I'm talking about none other than Disney Night. All of the Disney performances will be ranked; I'm still thinking whether or not it will be just me or have other posters rank them as well. If anyone is interested, I'll be more than happy to include them. :yes: I'll wait until Thursday to see what happens.

Edited by Crisis

On 6/8/2021 at 7:22 AM, Crisis said:

🤗. Yeah, I have quite a few favorites from that season; however, I'll just hang back and enjoy the chaos this season is sure to provide seeing that everyone is going to go out of their way to protect or tank other contestants. :giggle: It's just that there was a lot of bad blood between Chris and Katharine fans with the two fanbases tanking and criticizing each of the two performances with most of the reasons having nothing to do with the performances themselves. I personally put the outside factors aside and rate the performances themselves as honestly as possible although I may have made a few comments here and there about the S6 performances :giggle:. Also, I'm a fan of both Katharine and Chris, albeit more so Katharine of course. If there was one positive, Elliott had the winning performance, so I was happy he won if Katharine didn't. Besides, my favorite performance had no chance of winning anyway. Happy to see you do! I see about the pairings; however, I try not to throw my partners under the bus and hope my partner doesn't get too much backlash over the decisions. I hope you do!

I don't know if any of them would be on the show, but I wouldn't complain if they were. That would be impressive, unless she has an identical twin sister or clone we don't know about... :giggle:.

I understand so I hope you enjoy watching. :haha:  Oh, that... I get it. :(  Yeah, that always happens with people tanking things for other reasons. I would be shocked if it didn't happen, but it is unfortunate, especially when it affects your favorites. :(  Oh yay for Elliott winning! I'm glad to hear that. ❤️  Oh no, I don't think you threw anyone under the bus. It's nice they agreed with your choice and that makes it easy. I did watch two more episodes of Country Comfort and am sure I get the reference for your TMS post now. :giggle: 

Of course you wouldn't complain. :haha: Oh wow, if Nicole has a twin or clone.... you will be beside yourself. :omg: :lmao: 

On 6/8/2021 at 9:10 PM, Crisis said:

Hide contents

Glad the bonus clue helped! I tried to shorten the first clue but couldn't think of a way to do so. I'm happy to see you are familiar with her despite only knowing a couple of songs. She really is beautiful indeed. I think the additional 'i' lasted for a couple of years, certainly not as long as Prince's name change to that unpronounceable symbol. :dead: Yeah, she was one of those for me. I probably would've done something super embarrassing if I ever met her in person. :dead: It seems that a good number of non-blonde women have at least one blonde phase in their lives. :haha: That's too bad about the songs. "Why Don't We Fall In Love" was pretty much all over the R&B airwaves during Summer 2002. That is true about the artists and their struggles with labels. To quote Q-Tip of A Tribe Called Quest from the song "Check The Rhime":

Industry rule number four thousand and eighty

Record company people are shady

Me too about the music. It's only been three years since she's last released something, so it isn't too bad. It is good to see she has other things going on when she isn't recording music. Agree with the last sentence.

Happy to see you enjoy those songs! She seems to read a lot of different genres, so there's a chance she may have read some books you've read. :yes: I hope you enjoy the video if you do check it out. In addition to book reviews, she interviews some of the authors themselves. She has a few of those on her channel.

I decided to change the reward. Happy to see you enjoy it!

It certainly did.

:haha: Oh, well it kept things interesting. :haha: Wow, I had no idea she had that extra "i" for years. 😮 OMG I forgot about the Prince name change and never really understood that. :dead:  Aww... I understand those feelings. :blushingwave:  It seems so, but don't hate on blondes. 😮  Ahh that was a bit before my time in terms of listening to mainstream music, but then I also never really listened to R&B radio. "To quote Q-Tip of A Tribe Called Quest from the song "Check The Rhime":" That was so long. :dead: And I have no idea what it any of it is. :dead:  But oh that quote... so unfortunate. :( 

At least it's not as long as it has been before, but enough to annoy a person (like me). :( :dead:  But yay! 

I do. ❤️ I couldn't find anything by looking at the thumbnails, but it's possible. I do still want to watch the video, just need a good block of time. :haha: Oh wow, that's really cool!

You changed it? What was it originally going to be? :lmao: But of course I enjoy Hunter. 😛 ❤️ 

On 6/10/2021 at 9:54 PM, Crisis said:

It's time to resurrect the main purpose of this thread now that S19 is behind us. The first topic I'll do is one I've been discussing through this thread, and now I'm pulling the trigger on it. It has to do with my favorite Idol contestant. I will be ranking Katharine's Idol looks. 🥰 I will primarily focus on her performance looks though I may throw in an honorable mention or two in other areas. The hardest part is finding decent pictures of them, but I'll see if I can manage. I'll try starting this topic this weekend.

On 6/12/2021 at 8:13 PM, Crisis said:

giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

I most likely will still rank my favorite Katharine Idol looks, but that will be at a separate time in a separate place (a foreshadow of something coming soon... 😉). :mcwave:

For this thread, the next topic will be ranking performances based on a theme. The theme will be a staple of the ABC version of Idol. I'm talking about none other than Disney Night. All of the Disney performances will be ranked; I'm still thinking whether or not it will be just me or have other posters rank them as well. If anyone is interested, I'll be more than happy to include them. :yes: I'll wait until Thursday to see what happens.

Oh wow. 😮 I have no idea what this means with ranking Kat's looks in a different thread now... unless it's a full thread of Katharine rankings? :lmao: Ooh I like the idea of ranking performances based on a theme! And oh yay, Disney performances! :wub: It's up to you if you want the ranking to reflect just your opinion or not, but if you want additional opinions, I'll do my best to provide. :giggle: 

2 hours ago, miss denise said:

I understand so I hope you enjoy watching. :haha:  Oh, that... I get it. :(  Yeah, that always happens with people tanking things for other reasons. I would be shocked if it didn't happen, but it is unfortunate, especially when it affects your favorites. :(  Oh yay for Elliott winning! I'm glad to hear that. ❤️  Oh no, I don't think you threw anyone under the bus. It's nice they agreed with your choice and that makes it easy. I did watch two more episodes of Country Comfort and am sure I get the reference for your TMS post now. :giggle: 

Of course you wouldn't complain. :haha: Oh wow, if Nicole has a twin or clone.... you will be beside yourself. :omg: :lmao: 

Hide contents

It certainly did.

:haha: Oh, well it kept things interesting. :haha: Wow, I had no idea she had that extra "i" for years. 😮 OMG I forgot about the Prince name change and never really understood that. :dead:  Aww... I understand those feelings. :blushingwave:  It seems so, but don't hate on blondes. 😮  Ahh that was a bit before my time in terms of listening to mainstream music, but then I also never really listened to R&B radio. "To quote Q-Tip of A Tribe Called Quest from the song "Check The Rhime":" That was so long. :dead: And I have no idea what it any of it is. :dead:  But oh that quote... so unfortunate. :( 

At least it's not as long as it has been before, but enough to annoy a person (like me). :( :dead:  But yay! 

I do. ❤️ I couldn't find anything by looking at the thumbnails, but it's possible. I do still want to watch the video, just need a good block of time. :haha: Oh wow, that's really cool!

You changed it? What was it originally going to be? :lmao: But of course I enjoy Hunter. 😛 ❤️ 

Oh wow. 😮 I have no idea what this means with ranking Kat's looks in a different thread now... unless it's a full thread of Katharine rankings? :lmao: Ooh I like the idea of ranking performances based on a theme! And oh yay, Disney performances! :wub: It's up to you if you want the ranking to reflect just your opinion or not, but if you want additional opinions, I'll do my best to provide. :giggle: 

Yeah, I'll just sit back and enjoy the chaos that is sure to come. :giggle: It is unfortunate, but it is what it is. Admittedly, I tried to do the same thing in S6 in retaliation to what happened in S5. I tried to cut some of the more popular performances but was unable to do much damage. Maybe in hindsight it was for the best. I may not be cut out for these type of things. I'm pretty sure I'll sit out S8; however, I have to see where I'll go from there after that. One of the positive things about S5 is that no one went after Elliott too badly, so he was able to escape unscathed. It really was nice they went along with it. Unfortunately, her performance finished last in the finals, but I expected that to happen. I was just happy I was able to get one of her performances there. I hope you did get the Country Comfort reference and am happy to see you watched another two episodes.

Absolutely not. :lmao: I would probably no longer post here because I would drop dead on sight if she were to have a twin or clone. :dead:

The clues can be tricky if someone isn't familiar with the person. At the same time, I don't want to make them too easy. Yeah, I don't get why she added it to her name. I think the reason Prince changed his name is because his old label owned the rights to his music under the Prince name; therefore, he changed it so any music created under that name would be his. It was only after he left the label that he started recording and performing under Prince again. I'm glad to see you do. :haha: I didn't say anything negative about blondes this time; I've been trying to be good about it. 😇 Oh, I see the point about mainstream and R&B radio. A Tribe Called Quest was a hip-hop/rap group that was mostly active in the early 90s and Check The Rhime was one of their songs. That quote is unfortunate considering many artists were screwed over or negatively impacted by their record labels.

Yeah, at least it's not ten years or something *cough* Sade *cough* (J/K, I'm still a huge fan :haha:). 

Who knows, maybe she'll review something you have read in the future. I haven't watched the whole video myself, so I need to put some time aside to do so. :haha: It is cool she's had opportunities to do so. :yes:

I was going to post another Zac gif or picture but decided to mix things up. :giggle:

I'll go ahead and post what I'll try to do some time this week:

I will create a fan thread for her. At first I was hesitant because I felt I would be the only one posting in it. However, I remembered one of the main rules about fan threads is no flames or negative posts are allowed. It'll allow me to talk about her without having to worry about any negativity. Unfortunately, I read some negative things about her in my S19 thread but did my best not to react to it. I'll try to make this fan thread different from the others. Instead of just talking about any future projects, I'll have topics such as discussing her Idol performances, her Idol looks, her past projects, and other things.

Tomorrow, I'll post the performances and see if anyone wants to help me rank them. It'll be similar to the other topics in which posters submit their rankings.

Edited by Crisis