Pandora's Box: A Random Idol Rankings Thread

Crisis

26 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I really liked her on X-Factor, so I’d be down.

I watched the first season of XFUSA when she was a mentor/judge, and even I have to admit she wasn't that impressive though not as bad as she's made out to be. I did, however, hear some great things about her in the UK version. She was also good in the first season of TMS in which she gave advice to some of the performers. Unfortunately, she and the rest of the panel became cheerleaders in the subsequent seasons not unlike the current AI judges. :haha: It'd be interesting to see how she would fare as a judge.

Edited by Crisis
  • Haha 1

On 4/17/2021 at 3:48 PM, Crisis said:

I certainly wouldn't mind seeing her as a mentor or judge (in more than one way of course 😉). However, as with Kat, it'd be difficult for me to concentrate on the contestants if that were the case. :dead: If she were a duet partner, at least she'd get to sing with someone good this time (at least I hope that'd be the case). :giggle:Oh well, at least we know what the seasons are, and that's the most important thing. 😊

Give yourself more credit! We'll see what happens regarding that. :giggle:

Hide contents

I'm interested to see who this is and how wrong I am. :haha:

I did see her appearance on the show, but thanks for posting the video. ^_^ It was such a treat to see my two all-time favorite Idol contestants together in the same room. :wub: It looked like it was just a nice girl chat between them. Now I want to see the two of them collab together musically. I also enjoyed Kat performing one of the songs she does on her sitcom. ^_^

A mentor or judge in more than one way? 😮 The joke has gone over my head. :dead:  Unless it was about seeing her in more than one way, then I get it. :giggle:  Oh, I thought it'd be easier to concentrate on her in that role opposed to actually performing with them. :haha:  Haha I suppose except I actually forgot what season it was recently. :dead::( 

Okay. :lmao: 

Me toooo. :giggle:  

Oh yay but you're welcome! I figured you'd love it. ❤️ I was shocked to learn Kat is more into acting than singing. 😮  It would be interesting to hear them sing together. Too bad the video didn't include her performance. I'm going to have to do some digging and find it. :haha: 

Ooh yay, more! :shiftywave: I know Michelle Kwan by name but otherwise not too familiar with these ladies. They are all very beautiful though. And people say wrestlers aren't athletes? I never heard of such a thing. Of course they are. 

Hmm not sure on these clues... the first one makes me think maybe a cheerleader? But then the second one makes me think soccer. I feel the third one would be easiest for me to decipher but then again maybe not. :dead: Will have to think more about this. 

On 4/17/2021 at 5:08 PM, Crisis said:

I watched the first season of XFUSA when she was a mentor/judge, and even I have to admit she wasn't that impressive though not as bad as she's made out to be. I did, however, hear some great things about her in the UK version. She was also good in the first season of TMS in which she gave advice to some of the performers. Unfortunately, she and the rest of the panel became cheerleaders in the subsequent seasons not unlike the current AI judges. :haha: It'd be interesting to see how she would fare as a judge.

:lmao: at the bold. I don't remember having issue with her judging on TXFUSA, but I did hear great things about her on the UK version.

Interesting with your comment on TMS. The "cheerleader" thing doesn't bother me there at all since I feel like the point is more to identify who is under the mask than critique the performers.  However, it's a whole different story with Idol.

34 minutes ago, miss denise said:

A mentor or judge in more than one way? 😮 The joke has gone over my head. :dead:  Unless it was about seeing her in more than one way, then I get it. :giggle:  Oh, I thought it'd be easier to concentrate on her in that role opposed to actually performing with them. :haha:  Haha I suppose except I actually forgot what season it was recently. :dead::( 

Oh yay but you're welcome! I figured you'd love it. ❤️ I was shocked to learn Kat is more into acting than singing. 😮  It would be interesting to hear them sing together. Too bad the video didn't include her performance. I'm going to have to do some digging and find it. :haha: 

Hide contents

Ooh yay, more! :shiftywave: I know Michelle Kwan by name but otherwise not too familiar with these ladies. They are all very beautiful though. And people say wrestlers aren't athletes? I never heard of such a thing. Of course they are. 

Hmm not sure on these clues... the first one makes me think maybe a cheerleader? But then the second one makes me think soccer. I feel the third one would be easiest for me to decipher but then again maybe not. :dead: Will have to think more about this. 

Yeah, that was the joke. I'd be so busy ogling her I wouldn't pay much attention to the contestants. :dead: It'll be more difficult because they'll be more of her to show since she'd be critiquing the performances as opposed to singing with a couple of contestants. :dead: Too bad about not remembering the season. I'll just say it's not S4 despite what Idol says. :giggle:

It doesn't surprise me Kat is more into acting than singing. Even back during her time in Idol she said she was more into being an actress than singer; she even mentioned it when she had her interview during the AI Rewind episode that aired her audition (speaking of which, I can't believe it's been 15 years since her season; that's not a good reminder :haha:). With that said, her career now is exactly what I thought it would be. I never expected her to be a multi-platinum pop star. I always thought she would have a career doing both singing and acting. You won't have to do any digging because I'm posting the video. 😊

Glad you think these ladies are beautiful. 😊 I guess it's because it is thought professional wrestling is fake and therefore, the wrestlers are fake athletes. I bet they'll sing different tunes if they had to pull off any of the feats the wrestlers do. :haha:

I'll wait to see what your guess is. :yes:

31 minutes ago, miss denise said:

:lmao: at the bold. I don't remember having issue with her judging on TXFUSA, but I did hear great things about her on the UK version.

Interesting with your comment on TMS. The "cheerleader" thing doesn't bother me there at all since I feel like the point is more to identify who is under the mask than critique the performers.  However, it's a whole different story with Idol.

She was heavily criticized during that season. As I mentioned way back in the thread, she received major backlash over Rachel Crow's elimination. I think that sealed her fate in the US version. From what I understand, she's more popular in the UK than she is in the states in both TV and music.

Fair point about the point of the panel is guessing who's under the mask than critiquing the performances. I just thought it was cool for her and Robin to give some advice seeing that they're both singers/performers themselves. With that said, it appears Ken is rubbing off on everyone because there has been some absurd guesses this season. :lmao: Definitely true about Idol, especially tonight. Unless your name is Grace, it appears everyone is the greatest thing since sliced bread, and they were doing so well earlier this season. Bring Paula back! :haha:

Edited by Crisis

22 hours ago, Crisis said:

Yeah, that was the joke. I'd be so busy ogling her I wouldn't pay much attention to the contestants. :dead: It'll be more difficult because they'll be more of her to show since she'd be critiquing the performances as opposed to singing with a couple of contestants. :dead: Too bad about not remembering the season. I'll just say it's not S4 despite what Idol says. :giggle:

It doesn't surprise me Kat is more into acting than singing. Even back during her time in Idol she said she was more into being an actress than singer; she even mentioned it when she had her interview during the AI Rewind episode that aired her audition (speaking of which, I can't believe it's been 15 years since her season; that's not a good reminder :haha:). With that said, her career now is exactly what I thought it would be. I never expected her to be a multi-platinum pop star. I always thought she would have a career doing both singing and acting. You won't have to do any digging because I'm posting the video. 😊

Hide contents

Glad you think these ladies are beautiful. 😊 I guess it's because it is thought professional wrestling is fake and therefore, the wrestlers are fake athletes. I bet they'll sing different tunes if they had to pull off any of the feats the wrestlers do. :haha:

I'll wait to see what your guess is. :yes:

She was heavily criticized during that season. As I mentioned way back in the thread, she received major backlash over Rachel Crow's elimination. I think that sealed her fate in the US version. From what I understand, she's more popular in the UK than she is in the states in both TV and music.

Fair point about the point of the panel is guessing who's under the mask than critiquing the performances. I just thought it was cool for her and Robin to give some advice seeing that they're both singers/performers themselves. With that said, it appears Ken is rubbing off on everyone because there has been some absurd guesses this season. :lmao: Definitely true about Idol, especially tonight. Unless your name is Grace, it appears everyone is the greatest thing since sliced bread, and they were doing so well earlier this season. Bring Paula back! :haha:

I get it. :haha:  Yes, but she wouldn't be on stage during the performance so you shouldn't see her all that much aside from the occasional camera angle. 😛  Does this mean you don't pay attention on TMS? 😮  Very revealing. 😮  LOL thank you. I do remember it now, but just forgot for a split second. :lmao: 

Oooh, you would know better than me but I didn't remember that. lol nobody wants to hear that it was 15 years ago. :dead:  At least you expected it then, so you aren't disappointed with anything. It's great that she can do both and finds opportunities to do so. Aww yay, thanks for the video! It was a fun performance. I really like her voice on country songs.  I also should have mentioned earlier I didn't realize she did a fake accent on the show. :haha: 

They are! Oh, I never heard that about anyone calling it fake. How interesting... but yeah, for sure. :haha: 

Uh oh, I still have nothing. Let me get something to eat and then I'll think some more on this. :haha: 

I remember and know we talked about it somewhere in here too. :haha: Ugh, that's too bad, but I believe this about her popularity in the UK as well. 

Yeah, it's all just for fun for me, although I don't want the weakest performers outlasting the clearly superior ones, of course. That is nice. LOL the guesses are always so bizarre. Last week's reveal was funny with nobody having a clue. Ugh, not a fan of that with Grace getting the sole criticism. :/:( I've never been a fan of this panel though.

I have my guess! I think it's Alex Morgan. :yes: 

- A bear of an athlete with a lot of pride: She played for the California Golden Bears and now plays for Orlando Pride. 

- Gets some kicks out of writing for children: She wrote a children's book called The Kicks. And I was right about the soccer reference! 

- Appeared in a former Voice coach's music video: She was in Maroon 5's "Girls Like You" video.  

22 hours ago, miss denise said:

I get it. :haha:  Yes, but she wouldn't be on stage during the performance so you shouldn't see her all that much aside from the occasional camera angle. 😛  Does this mean you don't pay attention on TMS? 😮  Very revealing. 😮  LOL thank you. I do remember it now, but just forgot for a split second. :lmao: 

Oooh, you would know better than me but I didn't remember that. lol nobody wants to hear that it was 15 years ago. :dead:  At least you expected it then, so you aren't disappointed with anything. It's great that she can do both and finds opportunities to do so. Aww yay, thanks for the video! It was a fun performance. I really like her voice on country songs.  I also should have mentioned earlier I didn't realize she did a fake accent on the show. :haha: 

Hide contents

They are! Oh, I never heard that about anyone calling it fake. How interesting... but yeah, for sure. :haha: 

Uh oh, I still have nothing. Let me get something to eat and then I'll think some more on this. :haha: 

I remember and know we talked about it somewhere in here too. :haha: Ugh, that's too bad, but I believe this about her popularity in the UK as well. 

Yeah, it's all just for fun for me, although I don't want the weakest performers outlasting the clearly superior ones, of course. That is nice. LOL the guesses are always so bizarre. Last week's reveal was funny with nobody having a clue. Ugh, not a fan of that with Grace getting the sole criticism. :/:( I've never been a fan of this panel though.

With how often the camera pans to the judges, I'm sure I'd get my fair share of ogling. :lmao: I do pay attention to everything on TMS, just not when they show Nicole. 😉 :dead: OK, that's good you remember. :haha:

I might know a thing or two about her. :giggle: Yeah, no kidding. We're at the point where some of the contestants weren't alive during the show's first few seasons. :lmao: I remember people calling her a flop and celebrating when she was dropped from the label after her first album. I'm happy to see it didn't deter her and she was able to get back on her feet and have a very solid post-Idol career. Speaking of such, it's great to see so many from that season do well for themselves. Yeah, her voice does sound great on country songs. The fake accent took some time to get used to, but it was fun to hear her talk that way. :haha:

I wouldn't say it's fake as much as it is scripted. I used to be a huge professional wrestling fan growing up. I marveled at the feats the wrestlers did during their matches. I haven't watched anything in the past few years, however.

It looks like something was posted below. I'll have to see what this is. :shiftywave:

:yes:.

Yeah, it's the same for me. However, I would like to see one season in which a non-singer wins it all. No kidding about the guesses. Robin saying Raccoon was Danny DeVito was one of the worst ones because Danny DeVito isn't even five feet tall, so there was no way that could be him unless he was on stilts or something. :haha: It was funny no one got him, although that's happened a few times this season. Although it was easy to see Bulldog was Nick Cannon, I wanted to see what the panel's first impression guesses were. :haha: Yeah, this panel leaves a lot to be desired, although Luke got on Nick pretty good last night resulting in the audience booing him. :lmao: 

Hide contents

I have my guess! I think it's Alex Morgan. :yes: 

- A bear of an athlete with a lot of pride: She played for the California Golden Bears and now plays for Orlando Pride. 

- Gets some kicks out of writing for children: She wrote a children's book called The Kicks. And I was right about the soccer reference! 

- Appeared in a former Voice coach's music video: She was in Maroon 5's "Girls Like You" video.  

🤔. That's all I'm going to say for now. We'll see if this is right or not...

Edited by Crisis

On 4/20/2021 at 6:16 PM, Crisis said:

With how often the camera pans to the judges, I'm sure I'd get my fair share of ogling. :lmao: I do pay attention to everything on TMS, just not when they show Nicole. 😉 :dead: OK, that's good you remember. :haha:

I might know a thing or two about her. :giggle: Yeah, no kidding. We're at the point where some of the contestants weren't alive during the show's first few seasons. :lmao: I remember people calling her a flop and celebrating when she was dropped from the label after her first album. I'm happy to see it didn't deter her and she was able to get back on her feet and have a very solid post-Idol career. Speaking of such, it's great to see so many from that season do well for themselves. Yeah, her voice does sound great on country songs. The fake accent took some time to get used to, but it was fun to hear her talk that way. :haha:

Hide contents

I wouldn't say it's fake as much as it is scripted. I used to be a huge professional wrestling fan growing up. I marveled at the feats the wrestlers did during their matches. I haven't watched anything in the past few years, however.

It looks like something was posted below. I'll have to see what this is. :shiftywave:

Yeah, it's the same for me. However, I would like to see one season in which a non-singer wins it all. No kidding about the guesses. Robin saying Raccoon was Danny DeVito was one of the worst ones because Danny DeVito isn't even five feet tall, so there was no way that could be him unless he was on stilts or something. :haha: It was funny no one got him, although that's happened a few times this season. Although it was easy to see Bulldog was Nick Cannon, I wanted to see what the panel's first impression guesses were. :haha: Yeah, this panel leaves a lot to be desired, although Luke got on Nick pretty good last night resulting in the audience booing him. :lmao: 

Hide contents

🤔. That's all I'm going to say for now. We'll see if this is right or not...

If you pay enough attention on TMS, then you could on Idol as well. :teeheewave: 

I think so. :giggle: Ugh, that is crazy to hear. That's not even okay. :lmao:Oh noooo, what? I can't believe people would be so cruel about that. :( But she definitely showed otherwise and has done very well for herself. I feel the same about that season. ❤️  Haha I always loved her country performance from Idol, so not surprised I like her on these songs too. :haha: I watched the full trailer and the fake accent took me by surprise. It doesn't seem like the lead guy has one, so not sure why she does?

Oh, it's scripted? I don't know anything about it and have never watched. :haha: I guess I can imagine how things would be planned but that doesn't take away from the strength and skill to execute them. 

I figured it out. :giggle: 

Hmmm.... if they could have someone on with an amazing secret singing talent to overtake the professional singers then that would be interesting. 😮 lol usually Ken would be the one to make a guess like that. :dead:  But I guess you can never count out the stilts.  :lmao:  Oooh ugh I didn't even think about how we missed out on hearing those first impression guesses. I demand a redo! (!) Oooh yes, I kind of remember that.  :haha:  

It has to be right. 😛  

1 hour ago, miss denise said:

If you pay enough attention on TMS, then you could on Idol as well. :teeheewave: 

I think so. :giggle: Ugh, that is crazy to hear. That's not even okay. :lmao:Oh noooo, what? I can't believe people would be so cruel about that. :( But she definitely showed otherwise and has done very well for herself. I feel the same about that season. ❤️  Haha I always loved her country performance from Idol, so not surprised I like her on these songs too. :haha: I watched the full trailer and the fake accent took me by surprise. It doesn't seem like the lead guy has one, so not sure why she does?

Hide contents

Oh, it's scripted? I don't know anything about it and have never watched. :haha: I guess I can imagine how things would be planned but that doesn't take away from the strength and skill to execute them. 

I figured it out. :giggle: 

Hmmm.... if they could have someone on with an amazing secret singing talent to overtake the professional singers then that would be interesting. 😮 lol usually Ken would be the one to make a guess like that. :dead:  But I guess you can never count out the stilts.  :lmao:  Oooh ugh I didn't even think about how we missed out on hearing those first impression guesses. I demand a redo! (!) Oooh yes, I kind of remember that.  :haha:  

Hide contents

It has to be right. 😛  

I suppose that's true. :haha:

Yeah, no one wants to be reminded how old they're getting. :dead: Yeah, well Katharine was a rather polarizing contestant, so it makes sense for her to have detractors. With that said, I don't understand how other people actively root for someone to fail who didn't hurt them in any way. For me personally, if I don't like someone, I don't pay much if any attention to them; rather, I like to spend my time and energy following and supporting someone I like. Nonetheless, I still wish everyone the best after the show no matter how I feel about them. For example, I've said plenty of times I'm happy to see Gabby doing well for herself despite being one of my least favorite Idol contestants (sorry, that's probably tough to read as I know you're a huge fan of hers, but I'm being open and honest 💔). In the end, I'm happy to see her having a thriving career.

It is crazy to see so many contestants from one season to do something after the show. The one I'm most disappointed who didn't really do anything after the season was Paris. I thought she had the most raw talent and biggest upside of anyone that season, which is saying a lot considering it's the season in which two of my Top 5 favorite Idol contestants came from (including my #1 of course). Unfortunately, outside of one album she hasn't done much. Then again, she never gave off the feeling she wanted to pursue a music career, plus she became a mother at a very young age. Whatever it is, I hope she's happy whatever she's doing. Happy to see you watched the full trailer; hopefully you'll be interested in the show (although that may be a stretch considering what I said earlier :haha:) I guess he's a natural Southerner and doesn't need the accent. :haha:

Yes, it's scripted. Think of it as a soap opera with the typical cheesy acting and a lot of action. :haha: I completely agree with the last sentence.

Maybe...

I would definitely live for that. I don't think it'll happen this season, however. Yeah, it does sound like something he would say. However, he's made some reasonable guesses this season and doing his usual antics. That is subject to change as he can't help himself. :lmao: Yeah, I want a redo as well! I want to know who they guessed Bulldog was. :haha: Also, I want to know who were Jenny's and Robin's crushes because we learned who Nicole's and Ken's were. :haha: Yeah, it was shocking to see Luke saying what he did to Nick, seeing the judges hardly give any constructive criticism. :haha:

raw&f=1&nofb=1

I'll post it within the next few days. Also, you still have to post yours. 😛

Edited by Crisis

On 4/21/2021 at 9:31 PM, Crisis said:

I suppose that's true. :haha:

Yeah, no one wants to be reminded how old they're getting. :dead: Yeah, well Katharine was a rather polarizing contestant, so it makes sense for her to have detractors. With that said, I don't understand how other people actively root for someone to fail who didn't hurt them in any way. For me personally, if I don't like someone, I don't pay much if any attention to them; rather, I like to spend my time and energy following and supporting someone I like. Nonetheless, I still wish everyone the best after the show no matter how I feel about them. For example, I've said plenty of times I'm happy to see Gabby doing well for herself despite being one of my least favorite Idol contestants (sorry, that's probably tough to read as I know you're a huge fan of hers, but I'm being open and honest 💔). In the end, I'm happy to see her having a thriving career.

It is crazy to see so many contestants from one season to do something after the show. The one I'm most disappointed who didn't really do anything after the season was Paris. I thought she had the most raw talent and biggest upside of anyone that season, which is saying a lot considering it's the season in which two of my Top 5 favorite Idol contestants came from (including my #1 of course). Unfortunately, outside of one album she hasn't done much. Then again, she never gave off the feeling she wanted to pursue a music career, plus she became a mother at a very young age. Whatever it is, I hope she's happy whatever she's doing. Happy to see you watched the full trailer; hopefully you'll be interested in the show (although that may be a stretch considering what I said earlier :haha:) I guess he's a natural Southerner and doesn't need the accent. :haha:

Hide contents

Yes, it's scripted. Think of it as a soap opera with the typical cheesy acting and a lot of action. :haha: I completely agree with the last sentence.

Maybe...

I would definitely live for that. I don't think it'll happen this season, however. Yeah, it does sound like something he would say. However, he's made some reasonable guesses this season and doing his usual antics. That is subject to change as he can't help himself. :lmao: Yeah, I want a redo as well! I want to know who they guessed Bulldog was. :haha: Also, I want to know who were Jenny's and Robin's crushes because we learned who Nicole's and Ken's were. :haha: Yeah, it was shocking to see Luke saying what he did to Nick, seeing the judges hardly give any constructive criticism. :haha:

Hide contents

raw&f=1&nofb=1

I'll post it within the next few days. Also, you still have to post yours. 😛

It also weirds me out how people come on the show when they weren't even alive to see the beginning. I can't stand it. :dead:  I just don't understand hoping for someone to fail and even following them to know about it if you're not a fan. :wacko:  I feel the same as you. I've always said this in regards to people who constantly post such negative things too. I like to focus on who I love and not who I don't care for. Aww Gabby, but I'm glad you can still feel that way about her career. I like to see anyone from Idol do well. 

I know. ❤️ That is a shame about Paris. :( I remember her album but don't remember much about it. I feel like it was so different from what I expected. You thought she didn't want to pursue a music career? 😮  True about being a young mother too. I did and I even showed the trailer to my mom because I thought she'd enjoy it. :haha: I am interested in it! I just haven't gotten around to watching an episode yet. What are you referring to that you said earlier? 😮 But lol he's from California. :dead:  Oh well.

Going to lose the spoiler tags here but - wow, I see about wrestling. Interesting. :lmao: 

It would be really fun to see (as long as they're not against any actual singers I love :giggle: ) Haha I suppose. But Ken is Ken and that's what I love. :haha: Yes, we deserve it! And oh yeah, I remember seeing you commented on that in the show's thread. :lmao:  We need answers! Ahh yeah, I hope the booing doesn't make him or the others refrain from it even more. 😐 

giphy.gif

Yay! And ahhh I know. I haven't made much progress with my write-up, although I always get stuck searching for gifs. I should just do my comments and get back to that. :blushingwave:  But I didn't forget!

20 hours ago, miss denise said:

It also weirds me out how people come on the show when they weren't even alive to see the beginning. I can't stand it. :dead:  I just don't understand hoping for someone to fail and even following them to know about it if you're not a fan. :wacko:  I feel the same as you. I've always said this in regards to people who constantly post such negative things too. I like to focus on who I love and not who I don't care for. Aww Gabby, but I'm glad you can still feel that way about her career. I like to see anyone from Idol do well. 

I know. ❤️ That is a shame about Paris. :( I remember her album but don't remember much about it. I feel like it was so different from what I expected. You thought she didn't want to pursue a music career? 😮  True about being a young mother too. I did and I even showed the trailer to my mom because I thought she'd enjoy it. :haha: I am interested in it! I just haven't gotten around to watching an episode yet. What are you referring to that you said earlier? 😮 But lol he's from California. :dead:  Oh well.

It would be really fun to see (as long as they're not against any actual singers I love :giggle: ) Haha I suppose. But Ken is Ken and that's what I love. :haha: Yes, we deserve it! And oh yeah, I remember seeing you commented on that in the show's thread. :lmao:  We need answers! Ahh yeah, I hope the booing doesn't make him or the others refrain from it even more. 😐 

Hide contents

giphy.gif

Yay! And ahhh I know. I haven't made much progress with my write-up, although I always get stuck searching for gifs. I should just do my comments and get back to that. :blushingwave:  But I didn't forget!

You and me both! :dead: It looks like we're in complete agreement regarding this. Unfortunately, people are going to have their opinions and there isn't much if anything we can do about it. The main thing we can do is support our favorites as much as we can and filter out the negativity as much as possible. It isn't easy to do I admit, but the thing that matters the most is we like them. :yes:

I believe Paris mentioned something about her family talking her into auditioning for Idol and if it didn't work out she could do what she wanted with her life. Seeing she comes from a family of singers, I can understand why she felt pressured into following their footsteps. Also, though I thought she had a decent run and enjoyed how she tried to adapt to the themes, I felt she didn't take the competition as seriously as much as she could have. Nice to see you're interested in it! You have to share your thoughts here should you get around to watching it; I haven't said anything about it yet because I wanted to see if you would watch or not. I was referring to what I said about Gabby earlier. Oh he is? Well, that doesn't help although California has its fair share of country areas. :dead:

I think the one who came the closest was Rumer Willis (Lion) in S1. I believe she placed 5th, although I could be completely wrong about that. :lmao: Yeah, Ken is who he is; however, he is doing well in the Golden Ear race. He's tied with Jenny (Nicole and Robin need to step it up :haha:). I'm surprised Nick hasn't said anything about it; I thought he'd be interested in seeing who they thought he was. Yeah, I'm still disappointed about that; how dare they do something like that and leave us hanging. :/ :haha: Me too about the comments and booing. I think P!nk said she'd be interested in being a judge; however, she felt she'd be too honest and harm her image. Maybe the panel feels the same. 🤷‍♂️

tenor.gif?itemid=13753921&f=1&nofb=1

OK, I look forward to the write-up regardless. 😊

Celebrity Crush #11: Alex Morgan

Beautiful-Alex-Morgan-Pics.jpg&f=1&nofb=1 2KUeXBG.jpg&f=1&nofb=1 alex-morgan-fifa-world-cup-usa-team-portraits-june-2019-32.jpg&f=1&nofb=1 alex-morgan-2015-glamour-women-of-the-year-awards-in-new-york_8.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Denise was right on the money with this one! Here is her reward:

giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

Since Denise explained the clues so well, I’ll get right into the write-up. Alex Morgan is a professional soccer/football player who was on the World Cup Champion US teams in 2015 and 2019. She currently plays for the Orlando Pride for the National Women’s Soccer League (NSWL). Of course, the main reason she’s here is because I happen to think she’s really pretty. 🥰 I’m not the only one who thinks so because she along with NBA player Kyrie Irving were named the most Beautiful Vegan Celebrities of 2019 by PETA (yeah, I know). She has a great smile, beautiful eyes, and a great body which makes sense given her profession. :haha:

While I think she’s one of the most beautiful athletes in any sport, Alex is more than just a pretty face. 🥰 She is a very accomplished soccer player with a few records under her belt. She is third in both goals and points among Cal Golden Bear players. In addition, during the 2012 Olympics, she became only the second player to have 20 goals and 20 assists in the same calendar year, joining soccer legend Mia Hamm. Finally, she is a two-time U.S. Soccer Female Player of the Year award recipient (2012 and 2018).

Outside of soccer, she is a published author who has penned a four-series set of books called The Kicks, which focuses on four middle school girls and soccer. There was even a live action series based on the books on Amazon Prime. I never got around to reading the books or watching the series because I’m not part of the demographic they appeal to, but I think it’s great to see her try to inspire young girls to play soccer among other things. In addition, she and her husband traveled to Tanzania in 2017 as US Sports Envoys to help promote gender equality via soccer. She appears to be a great ambassador of the game, and that is great to see.

A few videos of Alex. First, one with some of her soccer highlights:

On the Kelly Clarkson Show earlier this week where she talks about gender equality in sports (BTW, happy birthday Kelly! 🎂 I won't make the same mistake I did with Katharine :dead:)

Final one, her winning the Best Female Athlete ESPY and she and her teammates winning the Best Team ESPY in 2019 (as an aside, Sandra! :wub:):

tumblr_m9hbbb6Vt31r1myclo1_400.gif&f=1&nofb=1 giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1 NeedyWhimsicalFeline-small.gif&f=1&nofb=1

Alex Morgan:

Something to look forward to in the future: the next crush is a singer. 😊

I'm thinking about creating two new threads after S19.

The first one would be me (and maybe others) analyzing, commenting, and scoring contestants' Idol performances and comparing my/our scores to WNTS.

The second one would be listening to the contestants post-Idol albums and reviewing and ranking the songs/albums.

I thought about doing these two topics in this thread; however, I felt it would be better suited for separate threads. With that said, I still plan on ranking Idol related subjects here among other things.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Crisis said:

The first one would be me (and maybe others) analyzing, commenting, and scoring contestants' Idol performances and comparing my/our scores to WNTS.

The second one would be listening to the contestants post-Idol albums and reviewing and ranking the songs/albums.

I thought about doing these two topics in this thread; however, I felt it would be better suited for separate threads. With that said, I still plan on ranking Idol related subjects here among other things.

Love these two ideas! 😊

• Like 1

On 4/24/2021 at 7:54 PM, Crisis said:

You and me both! :dead: It looks like we're in complete agreement regarding this. Unfortunately, people are going to have their opinions and there isn't much if anything we can do about it. The main thing we can do is support our favorites as much as we can and filter out the negativity as much as possible. It isn't easy to do I admit, but the thing that matters the most is we like them. :yes:

I believe Paris mentioned something about her family talking her into auditioning for Idol and if it didn't work out she could do what she wanted with her life. Seeing she comes from a family of singers, I can understand why she felt pressured into following their footsteps. Also, though I thought she had a decent run and enjoyed how she tried to adapt to the themes, I felt she didn't take the competition as seriously as much as she could have. Nice to see you're interested in it! You have to share your thoughts here should you get around to watching it; I haven't said anything about it yet because I wanted to see if you would watch or not. I was referring to what I said about Gabby earlier. Oh he is? Well, that doesn't help although California has its fair share of country areas. :dead:

I think the one who came the closest was Rumer Willis (Lion) in S1. I believe she placed 5th, although I could be completely wrong about that. :lmao: Yeah, Ken is who he is; however, he is doing well in the Golden Ear race. He's tied with Jenny (Nicole and Robin need to step it up :haha:). I'm surprised Nick hasn't said anything about it; I thought he'd be interested in seeing who they thought he was. Yeah, I'm still disappointed about that; how dare they do something like that and leave us hanging. :/ :haha: Me too about the comments and booing. I think P!nk said she'd be interested in being a judge; however, she felt she'd be too honest and harm her image. Maybe the panel feels the same. 🤷‍♂️

Reveal hidden contents

tenor.gif?itemid=13753921&f=1&nofb=1

OK, I look forward to the write-up regardless. 😊

Ahh. :lmao: Ugh, this is true.... it is hard for me when there is so much of it and it's hard to escape. :( I've had to remove myself from situations like this in the past. :broken: 

Ooh, I definitely don't remember but wow. 😮  Dang, that really makes it sound like she wasn't interested in music. :( That's too bad. I am and will let you know! I'm confused what Gabby has to do with the show. :dead:  But lol yeah, it sounded to me like she just had a random forced accent that wasn't necessary, but I guess I can get used to it.

That could be! I will take your word for it. :haha: Oh yes... although did someone get a point for their final guess rather than their first impression guess? I can't remember but I feel like that happened. Me too. Maybe they discussed it off camera, which is no good for us. (!) I agree! Oh no, they should have people judge who are actually comfortable doing the part. :( 

So sorry for my lateness. bye2.gif.7960d44992e1eeff806cdce1d9856c29.gif

Alex Morgan: Yay, I was so proud of myself piecing all those clues together! bye2.gif.7960d44992e1eeff806cdce1d9856c29.gif OMG I just about died seeing that Zac gif. :dead:  I was like WHAT and then realized. :dead: Thank youu. :giggle: I feel so honored. :wub:  I'm not familiar with Alex and don't watch soccer, but fun fact, I actually played soccer as a kid and coached youth soccer for a couple years as an adult. :haha: She is really pretty! One of the most beautiful vegan celebrities? 😮  There's another point in her favor. Wow, she does certainly seem to have a lot of accomplishments in her sport and I love that she wrote those children's books too. ❤️  Ooh a show based on the books too. 😮 That's fun and I love that she works to promote gender equality too. ❤️ She sounds like an amazing, hard-working, and talented woman from all you shared. :yes:  How funny she was just on Kelly's show in time for your write-up. 😮 And :giggle: at the birthday mention. I'm obviously way late, but happy birthday Kelly. ❤️  And again, the photos and gifs of Alex are beautiful! I'm happy to know more about her now. ^_^ 

22 hours ago, Crisis said:

Four threads going on? :shock: Or I guess three if you're done with the S19 one. :haha: Wow, that's quite a bit to keep up with, but whatever works best for you is good. I'm interested in seeing any subject you want to rank or talk about. I also think anything can go here since this is the random thread, so I'm glad you'll still have it. ❤️ 

Ugh, this is true.... it is hard for me when there is so much of it and it's hard to escape. :( I've had to remove myself from situations like this in the past. :broken: 

Ooh, I definitely don't remember but wow. 😮  Dang, that really makes it sound like she wasn't interested in music. :( That's too bad. I am and will let you know! I'm confused what Gabby has to do with the show. :dead:  But lol yeah, it sounded to me like she just had a random forced accent that wasn't necessary, but I guess I can get used to it.

That could be! I will take your word for it. :haha: Oh yes... although did someone get a point for their final guess rather than their first impression guess? I can't remember but I feel like that happened. Me too. Maybe they discussed it off camera, which is no good for us. (!) I agree! Oh no, they should have people judge who are actually comfortable doing the part. :( 

So sorry for my lateness. bye2.gif.7960d44992e1eeff806cdce1d9856c29.gif

Hide contents

Alex Morgan: Yay, I was so proud of myself piecing all those clues together! bye2.gif.7960d44992e1eeff806cdce1d9856c29.gif OMG I just about died seeing that Zac gif. :dead:  I was like WHAT and then realized. :dead: Thank youu. :giggle: I feel so honored. :wub:  I'm not familiar with Alex and don't watch soccer, but fun fact, I actually played soccer as a kid and coached youth soccer for a couple years as an adult. :haha: She is really pretty! One of the most beautiful vegan celebrities? 😮  There's another point in her favor. Wow, she does certainly seem to have a lot of accomplishments in her sport and I love that she wrote those children's books too. ❤️  Ooh a show based on the books too. 😮 That's fun and I love that she works to promote gender equality too. ❤️ She sounds like an amazing, hard-working, and talented woman from all you shared. :yes:  How funny she was just on Kelly's show in time for your write-up. 😮 And :giggle: at the birthday mention. I'm obviously way late, but happy birthday Kelly. ❤️  And again, the photos and gifs of Alex are beautiful! I'm happy to know more about her now. ^_^ 

Completely understandable. I've also had moments when I had to step away due to there being too much negativity. In the past, I fought anyone who said anything negative but later realized it was a waste of time. Although I may not care for some people, I at least try to be respectful of them and anyone who are fans of theirs.

It is unfortunate. Selfishly I want her to do something musically, but at the end of the day it's her life and she has to live it the way she wants. The main thing I wish for everyone is to be happy with themselves whatever they do whether they pursue a music career or not. Gabby has nothing to do with the show; it was just something random. :lmao: Speaking of the show, Kat had a live feed last week in which she talked with Ricardo Hurtado, who plays the oldest child, and Eddie Cibrian. I was at work so I didn't catch it live. She posted it on her Instagram page, however, so I was able to watch it there. She's also posted a contest in which whoever wins gets a guitar with hers and Eddie's autographs. She's been encouraging her fans to let Netflix know how much they love the show and that they want a second season. :haha:

I think what happened was Ken got a point for his first impression guess despite changing it; I have to re-watch to see if that was it. If they did discuss it off-camera, hopefully someone leaks the footage. :haha: Yeah, they should have people who aren't afraid to judge. One of the main reasons the original panel worked was because none of them were really big household names until a few seasons in. Randy was a musician/producer/executive; Paula, a former pop star who hadn't been in the spotlight for a while; Simon, an executive who had experience in marketing. From S10 on they've brought in these big industry names thinking it would make the show better. I'd like to see a panel who would be complimentary and constructive when necessary. They don't have to be Simon Cowell mean; heck, I don't watch America's Got Talent but have seen a few clips and even Simon himself appears to have mellowed out a lot.

No worries. Life happens. 🤗

A promise is a promise. 😉 :haha: Outside of watching it during the Olympics and a little bit of the World Cup, I don't watch soccer all that much either. Nice to learn you played soccer as a kid and coached youth soccer for a couple of years. ⚽ Really pretty, she is. ❤️ I had a feeling her being vegan would win her some brownie points. :haha: I love that she's trying to inspire girls and promote gender equality as well. That she is. Heh, I was fortunate enough to stumble across that video while looking for videos of her to post. :haha: It was also fortunate Kelly's birthday was on the same day I posted Alex's write-up, so I got really lucky there. :dead: The photos and gifs are beautiful indeed. I'm happy you're happy to know more about her. 😊

With everything said, I'm still waiting... :giggle:

Four threads going on? :shock: Or I guess three if you're done with the S19 one. :haha: Wow, that's quite a bit to keep up with, but whatever works best for you is good. I'm interested in seeing any subject you want to rank or talk about. I also think anything can go here since this is the random thread, so I'm glad you'll still have it. ❤️ 

Yeah, the S19 one will be strictly based on S19. I won't do much with it after the season. It would be a lot to keep up with, especially since I'm still considering doing a Masked Singer contestants ranking thread. For the two Idol ones, as with this thread I'll make them interactive and allow others to participate. Of course I'll keep this thread going for as long as I can. In addition to the random Idol and other subjects, I guess this can somewhat double as a Katharine McPhee fan thread seeing that I talk a lot about her here. :lmao:

Edited by Crisis

On 5/2/2021 at 9:47 AM, Crisis said:

Completely understandable. I've also had moments when I had to step away due to there being too much negativity. In the past, I fought anyone who said anything negative but later realized it was a waste of time. Although I may not care for some people, I at least try to be respectful of them and anyone who are fans of theirs.

It is unfortunate. Selfishly I want her to do something musically, but at the end of the day it's her life and she has to live it the way she wants. The main thing I wish for everyone is to be happy with themselves whatever they do whether they pursue a music career or not. Gabby has nothing to do with the show; it was just something random. :lmao: Speaking of the show, Kat had a live feed last week in which she talked with Ricardo Hurtado, who plays the oldest child, and Eddie Cibrian. I was at work so I didn't catch it live. She posted it on her Instagram page, however, so I was able to watch it there. She's also posted a contest in which whoever wins gets a guitar with hers and Eddie's autographs. She's been encouraging her fans to let Netflix know how much they love the show and that they want a second season. :haha:

I think what happened was Ken got a point for his first impression guess despite changing it; I have to re-watch to see if that was it. If they did discuss it off-camera, hopefully someone leaks the footage. :haha: Yeah, they should have people who aren't afraid to judge. One of the main reasons the original panel worked was because none of them were really big household names until a few seasons in. Randy was a musician/producer/executive; Paula, a former pop star who hadn't been in the spotlight for a while; Simon, an executive who had experience in marketing. From S10 on they've brought in these big industry names thinking it would make the show better. I'd like to see a panel who would be complimentary and constructive when necessary. They don't have to be Simon Cowell mean; heck, I don't watch America's Got Talent but have seen a few clips and even Simon himself appears to have mellowed out a lot.

No worries. Life happens. 🤗

Reveal hidden contents

A promise is a promise. 😉 :haha: Outside of watching it during the Olympics and a little bit of the World Cup, I don't watch soccer all that much either. Nice to learn you played soccer as a kid and coached youth soccer for a couple of years. ⚽ Really pretty, she is. ❤️ I had a feeling her being vegan would win her some brownie points. :haha: I love that she's trying to inspire girls and promote gender equality as well. That she is. Heh, I was fortunate enough to stumble across that video while looking for videos of her to post. :haha: It was also fortunate Kelly's birthday was on the same day I posted Alex's write-up, so I got really lucky there. :dead: The photos and gifs are beautiful indeed. I'm happy you're happy to know more about her. 😊

With everything said, I'm still waiting... :giggle:

Yeah, the S19 one will be strictly based on S19. I won't do much with it after the season. It would be a lot to keep up with, especially since I'm still considering doing a Masked Singer contestants ranking thread. For the two Idol ones, as with this thread I'll make them interactive and allow others to participate. Of course I'll keep this thread going for as long as I can. In addition to the random Idol and other subjects, I guess this can somewhat double as a Katharine McPhee fan thread seeing that I talk a lot about her here. :lmao:

Yeah, it's unfortunate when that happens. :( I have never been one for confrontation so I always remove myself from the situation, but sometimes it's just everywhere. :closedeyes: I feel the same. 

Aww yeah, I understand all that. Oh. :lmao: Ooh, that's fun! Did you enter the contest? :shiftywave: Ahh yes, I hope it's done well enough to get renewed. I actually watched several of the episodes on Sunday night! I am enjoying it and will watch some more soon. :yes: Also, I was wrong because I did hear the male lead have an accent but it sounds more natural to me I guess compared to Katharine. :lmao: 

Ooh I don't remember that... how long do you have to change a first impression guess? :dead: Me too! I agree and this is so true about the original panel. It must make a big difference since they aren't so worried about their public image. I always thought it was valuable to have more behind the scenes kind of people (like producers) judge as well, rather than just performers. I couldn't agree with you more. I like Simon on AGT. :haha: 

Thank you. :hug: This week hasn't been great but I just got my second COVID vaccine so I'm happy about that. ❤️ I'm afraid how it's going to keep me down the next few days as well though. :( 

Thank you. :giggle: :wub: Oh, I thought you would have watched much more to see her. :lmao:  Thanks. ❤️ It always does! Yes, she has so many incredible and inspiring qualities. 😮 I'm impressed. LOL all your luck that happened that day. :lmao:  I love it.  Yay!

I know. 😢 

Understandable. Ooooh. 😮  Any reason you want separate threads for those specific topics rather than including them in here? Ah yayy. ❤️ lol at somewhat of a Katharine thread too. :giggle:  Anything goes!

12 hours ago, miss denise said:

Yeah, it's unfortunate when that happens. :( I have never been one for confrontation so I always remove myself from the situation, but sometimes it's just everywhere. :closedeyes: I feel the same. 

Ooh, that's fun! Did you enter the contest? :shiftywave: Ahh yes, I hope it's done well enough to get renewed. I actually watched several of the episodes on Sunday night! I am enjoying it and will watch some more soon. :yes: Also, I was wrong because I did hear the male lead have an accent but it sounds more natural to me I guess compared to Katharine. :lmao: 

Ooh I don't remember that... how long do you have to change a first impression guess? :dead: Me too! I agree and this is so true about the original panel. It must make a big difference since they aren't so worried about their public image. I always thought it was valuable to have more behind the scenes kind of people (like producers) judge as well, rather than just performers. I couldn't agree with you more. I like Simon on AGT. :haha: 

Thank you. :hug: This week hasn't been great but I just got my second COVID vaccine so I'm happy about that. ❤️ I'm afraid how it's going to keep me down the next few days as well though. :( 

Hide contents

Thank you. :giggle: :wub: Oh, I thought you would have watched much more to see her. :lmao:  Thanks. ❤️ It always does! Yes, she has so many incredible and inspiring qualities. 😮 I'm impressed. LOL all your luck that happened that day. :lmao:  I love it.  Yay!

I know. 😢 

Understandable. Ooooh. 😮  Any reason you want separate threads for those specific topics rather than including them in here? Ah yayy. ❤️ lol at somewhat of a Katharine thread too. :giggle:  Anything goes!

Understandable about not being for confrontation. I try to avoid it as much as possible, but sometimes there is no choice but to face it head on. 🙁

As tempting as it was, I didn't enter. I believe the requirements are to tag the post on your Instagram page. I'd rather just follow the people I'm interested in than post anything on mine. :haha: Outside of Katharine, I follow Nicole, Pia, and Elliott for now (speaking of Elliott, I learned he's a father a few weeks back when I started following him 😮). I used to follow Haley Scarnato, but it appears she doesn't have one anymore. :( If anyone else I'm interested in have a page, I'll follow them as well. I'm happy to see you watched some of the episodes and are enjoying it. 😊 I hope you finish it and give your thoughts on it. ^_^ I hope it gets renewed as well. As for the accents, I guess we're used to how Katharine normally speaks that any accent sounds strange. :haha: I'm not that familiar with Eddie, so I guess it wouldn't be surprising with him.

I think the first impression guesses are set. However, even though Ken changed his guess before the reveal, he still got the point because the first impression guess was correct. I'd like to see someone who's behind the scenes as a judge as well, for I think they will be more objective with their comments. :yes:

Oh, that's great news that you got your second COVID vaccine! I get mine on Tuesday, so I'm both looking forward to and dreading it. If possible, let me know how it is so I can have an idea what to expect. :haha:

That would be nice; however, they would most likely focus on some of the other players. :lmao: She does have so many incredible and inspiring qualities. :yes: It shows good fortune can happen to just about anyone. :haha:

With the recent news, I have a feeling I'll be waiting a little longer... 😉

Seeing there are so many possibilities with those two topics, I figure it would be better for them to have their own threads. I thought about creating a fan thread for her; however, I feel I would be the only one posting in it which would make me feel somewhat subconscious. :dead: Besides, this is a random thread, so anything goes indeed!

Edited by Crisis

On 5/7/2021 at 7:33 AM, Crisis said:

Understandable about not being for confrontation. I try to avoid it as much as possible, but sometimes there is no choice but to face it head on. 🙁

As tempting as it was, I didn't enter. I believe the requirements are to tag the post on your Instagram page. I'd rather just follow the people I'm interested in than post anything on mine. :haha: Outside of Katharine, I follow Nicole, Pia, and Elliott for now (speaking of Elliott, I learned he's a father a few weeks back when I started following him 😮). I used to follow Haley Scarnato, but it appears she doesn't have one anymore. :( If anyone else I'm interested in have a page, I'll follow them as well. I'm happy to see you watched some of the episodes and are enjoying it. 😊 I hope you finish it and give your thoughts on it. ^_^ I hope it gets renewed as well. As for the accents, I guess we're used to how Katharine normally speaks that any accent sounds strange. :haha: I'm not that familiar with Eddie, so I guess it wouldn't be surprising with him.

I think the first impression guesses are set. However, even though Ken changed his guess before the reveal, he still got the point because the first impression guess was correct. I'd like to see someone who's behind the scenes as a judge as well, for I think they will be more objective with their comments. :yes:

Oh, that's great news that you got your second COVID vaccine! I get mine on Tuesday, so I'm both looking forward to and dreading it. If possible, let me know how it is so I can have an idea what to expect. :haha:

Reveal hidden contents

That would be nice; however, they would most likely focus on some of the other players. :lmao: She does have so many incredible and inspiring qualities. :yes: It shows good fortune can happen to just about anyone. :haha:

With the recent news, I have a feeling I'll be waiting a little longer... 😉

Seeing there are so many possibilities with those two topics, I figure it would be better for them to have their own threads. I thought about creating a fan thread for her; however, I feel I would be the only one posting in it which would make me feel somewhat subconscious. :dead: Besides, this is a random thread, so anything goes indeed!

:( :hug: 

Ahhh I understand what you mean there. It's too bad there wasn't another way to enter. Elliott is a father? 😮  This is new information to me too. I haven't checked on him in so long. Aww I wonder what happened with Haley. :( I am! I still need to watch more but haven't gotten to it. I will though. Yes, this is probably true. I actually did watch Eddie on another show but don't know him all that well (seeing as I didn't know his name at first :haha: ) I recognized him though.

Oh, that's what happened. In that case, Ken should be glad. :lmao: I agree!

Thank you. :hug:  Ahh, that's today! Darn, sorry I'm too late to tell you. I sure hope your experience was better than mine though. My arm was in so much pain the next day and I was also sick for a few days. :( I'm just now feeling better from the side effects.

Oh, of course they'd show other people too, but... should still show her. :giggle: I agree. ❤️ And that is good news! :giggle: 

Yep. :dead: 

That makes sense. Katharine doesn't have a thread on here? 😮  Wow, I'm shocked. Awww no, there are other fans around. :( But that's fine and yes!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, miss denise said:

Ahhh I understand what you mean there. It's too bad there wasn't another way to enter. Elliott is a father? 😮  This is new information to me too. I haven't checked on him in so long. Aww I wonder what happened with Haley. :( I am! I still need to watch more but haven't gotten to it. I will though. Yes, this is probably true. I actually did watch Eddie on another show but don't know him all that well (seeing as I didn't know his name at first :haha: ) I recognized him though.

Oh, that's what happened. In that case, Ken should be glad. :lmao:

Thank you. :hug:  Ahh, that's today! Darn, sorry I'm too late to tell you. I sure hope your experience was better than mine though. My arm was in so much pain the next day and I was also sick for a few days. :( I'm just now feeling better from the side effects.

Hide contents

Oh, of course they'd show other people too, but... should still show her. :giggle: I agree. ❤️ And that is good news! :giggle: 

Yep. :dead: 

That makes sense. Katharine doesn't have a thread on here? 😮  Wow, I'm shocked. Awww no, there are other fans around. :( But that's fine and yes!

Yeah, I would definitely love to have anything autographed by her. Yep, he has a one year old girl. He posts a lot about her on his Instagram page. Speaking of which, he posted a video of him singing the National Anthem at a Clippers game. Even wearing a mask he still has it! My favorite part, however, was Katharine, Chris, and Paris complimenting him on it! ❤️ It makes me long for a S5 reunion. I know the S1 group sans Kelly and Nikki (this was before her passing) had an online session together. As for Haley, she used to be very active on her page, but I noticed she wasn't as much after her marriage and now I can't seem to find anything about her there. 💔 That's fine; however, I'm going to keep pushing you the same way you pushed me to watch Nicole's DWTS run! 😉

Well, we'll see how he does tomorrow night. :haha: I'm also hoping Nicole and Robin get on the board. All of the remaining acts are strong, so it'll be tough to lose anyone.

Oh, too bad about the arm pain and being sick for a few days. :( I hope everything's better now although it appears to be the case. At least you're fully vaccinated. 🤗 I got mine earlier this afternoon and as of right now I have a sore arm. I'll have to see how I'm feeling the next day, however. 

Absolutely! I say they should show more her and  other beautiful athletes if they want the sport to grow its audience! :dead: Happy to see you agree. ❤️ Hopefully the good news continue. :lmao:

Oh, OK. :haha: Maybe later this week or some time next week I'll post some clues about my next crush.

Seeing she's still one of the more popular and active contestants, you'd think she would. However, I won't create one; I'll just save everything for here. :haha:

Edited by Crisis

On 5/11/2021 at 10:06 PM, Crisis said:

Yeah, I would definitely love to have anything autographed by her. Yep, he has a one year old girl. He posts a lot about her on his Instagram page. Speaking of which, he posted a video of him singing the National Anthem at a Clippers game. Even wearing a mask he still has it! My favorite part, however, was Katharine, Chris, and Paris complimenting him on it! ❤️ It makes me long for a S5 reunion. I know the S1 group sans Kelly and Nikki (this was before her passing) had an online session together. As for Haley, she used to be very active on her page, but I noticed she wasn't as much after her marriage and now I can't seem to find anything about her there. 💔 That's fine; however, I'm going to keep pushing you the same way you pushed me to watch Nicole's DWTS run! 😉

Well, we'll see how he does tomorrow night. :haha: I'm also hoping Nicole and Robin get on the board. All of the remaining acts are strong, so it'll be tough to lose anyone.

Oh, too bad about the arm pain and being sick for a few days. :( I hope everything's better now although it appears to be the case. At least you're fully vaccinated. 🤗 I got mine earlier this afternoon and as of right now I have a sore arm. I'll have to see how I'm feeling the next day, however. 

Reveal hidden contents

Absolutely! I say they should show more her and  other beautiful athletes if they want the sport to grow its audience! :dead: Happy to see you agree. ❤️ Hopefully the good news continue. :lmao:

Oh, OK. :haha: Maybe later this week or some time next week I'll post some clues about my next crush.

Seeing she's still one of the more popular and active contestants, you'd think she would. However, I won't create one; I'll just save everything for here. :haha:

I hope you can someday. ❤️  Oh wow, I had no idea. 😮 I'll have to go check on him. Wow and even singing with a mask on? I don't think I've heard anyone do that actually... but I'm glad to hear his voice is still going strong. ❤️ Awww they all did?! That's so sweet. :wub: I love it too and would love to see a reunion between them all. It would be fun to see for any season. Aww I wonder why that is. :( Oh lol I do want to watch more though, I just kind of forgot and haven't yet. :dead:  But you can remind me. :giggle: 

I don't remember all his guesses last week but nobody had the right first impression guess with the Russian Dolls. I'm so mad they were eliminated. :broken:

Yeah, it wasn't fun, but everything was normal after a few days at least. :(  Yess, although I have to wait until the two week mark to really be considered fully vaccinated... but it's almost here! Ahhh okay, curious to hear now how it went for you. I hope it was okay. :hug: 

lol.:lmao: I guess that's one tactic. Yes, any more good news we should know about? :giggle: 

OMG I thought this was going to say "maybe later this week or some time next week you'll finally post your crush." :dead:  BUT OK I THINK I have some time this evening to finally make progress on this. I'm going to have some food and then come back and work on it. Wish me luck. :lmao: 

Ahhh darn, the board malfunction really got so many things out of whack. :( It's too bad, but that is also fine. :haha: 

John Krasinski

LDvZrXh.gif 21Yr5Vb.gif   EV8CYdM.gif

First, I'm sorry for how long it took me to get around to posting this. I have a book of excuses, but let's just celebrate that it's finally here. :giggle: I can't remember what clues I gave so let me find them. :dead:  Okay, I see my first clue was that his name might seem like a joke (since his initials are JK) but in his latest movie no one will be making one (referencing A Quiet Place II  since the first movie has very little dialogue and is super serious).  The second clue was that he is best known for portraying a character on a popular sitcom that brought a lot of laughs, despite there being no laugh track (referring to his role on the hit comedy series The Office).

I spent way too long trying to find gifs of John that met my requirements for this post... and I still haven't found them. :dead:  It's not that there aren't lots of gifs of him around, especially from The Office, but I don't know. I'm just picky. The lighting on the Jack Ryan one is so dark. I need it brighter. Okay, enough rambling and ranting. I'll get into the good stuff. 

The Office is one of my favorite shows ever and that is where I got to know John and fall in love with him. As sometimes happens with actors on TV shows, it is sometimes hard to know if I am in love with the character, the actor, or both. In this case, it is very much both. :giggle:  Although, I will say that Jim Halpert is one of my favorite television characters of all time... and is also my television husband. If you have questions, I am happy to open this up to discussion. (!) :giggle: But the character of Jim is so funny and charming... it's hard not to fall head over heels. :wub:  And that is one reason why Jim and Pam are one of the most beloved television couples. But John portrays the character of Jim so effortlessly and it wouldn't have been the same from anyone else. ❤️  He just IS Jim and he's so wholesome and adorable. I'm obsessed with this bloopers video. :dead: 

Why do I feel like this would always be me trying to film a show? :dead: Let me share some more goodies of King Jim. ❤️  

This is spoilerish, of course, if you haven't watched the show. If you don't mind, I would at least watch 1:53-3:39 which will never NOT BREAK ME. John's acting is so real and raw and my heart aches no matter how many times I see it. 😭   But to see him portray emotions on the complete other end of the spectrum.... there is 8:30-9:18.  😢 ❤️ 

So, I will stan Jim and The Office for all time.  I have also seen John in other projects, including his current starring role in Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan.  That role is so different compared to what he is best known for... from a comedy to an action series, but he is so hot on that show. :dead: 

I also love how both his biggest television roles are characters whose names start with a J, just like his. :giggle: He is John, Jim, and Jack. 😮  I can barely keep it all straight. :dead: 

John has been in a number of movies as well, but most of them I still have yet to see. :/  I loved A Quiet Place so much and am amazed and so impressed that he wrote, directed, AND starred in that movie. It is truly an incredible work of film... and how amazing that he stars in it with his real-life wife, Emily Blunt,  as well.  I mentioned earlier that Jim and Pam are one of the most beloved TV couples, and I think this can also be said for the real-life couple, Jim and Emily. Even I stan them and adore her, rather than putting her on my list of women I shoot dagger eyes at. :dead:  They are some of the most talented and lovely people I have seen based on both their work and interviews I have seen with them. ❤️  

This brings me to my next point and another highlight of John's career... his own online show he created around this time last year during the pandemic. ❤️  It was Some Good News and he had a weekly episode on YouTube that highlighted good news from across the globe. He would often have celebrity special guests and pull out big surprises for deserving people, like having the cast of Hamilton appear to virtually perform for a young girl who had to miss attending the show, and creating a whole episode of virtual prom to all the high schoolers who were going to miss theirs. Every episode was full of hilarious and heart-warming moments and I highly recommend.  ❤️   It just shows what a heart of gold he has. I know some people have said he's one of the  nicest guys in show business and I don't doubt that at all. 

That's a lot of media, but I love it.:wub: I know he also hosted an episode of Saturday Night Live earlier this year... which was the only time I've ever watched the show. :dead:  Ooh and he was on Lip Sync Battle a number of years ago too. Um, him performing N'Sync was a sure way to make me double fangirl. :dead: 

So, I'll sum this up by saying that I just adore John for so many reasons. He is a super talented actor and has proven to be great in a variety of roles, both in front of and behind the camera. ❤️   He seems like such an amazingly funny and sweet, down to earth person as well. He also seems like such a family guy and is adorable with his two little daughters. :wub: And then he is also just very physically attractive, so there is that to top it all off.  😇  I love and adore him and think I may need to binge watch The Office again soon.

I'll actually close with this amazing mash-up video of The Office and Jack Ryan. :giggle: 

John Krasinski: 

• Like 1