Pandora's Box: A Random Idol Rankings Thread

Crisis

22 hours ago, Crisis said:

If they did I wouldn't blame them. :haha: Yes, I can totally relate. Fortunately, I'd been saving for another car and had enough to purchase it not too long after the A/C went out in my other car. What can I say; we have our shallow moments. :haha:

OK, this is good to see. It looks like the next one will be up soon. Too bad about not finding enough gifs to include (and 🤣 at almost writing his name). OK, I'll try not to feel any pressure here (my schoolwork on the other hand is another story...). 🤗

Thank you for the kind words and condolences; they mean a lot. 🤗 Although some are still dealing with the realization he's no longer with us, for the most part everyone's doing better now.

19. Yeah, the way she was eliminated is the reason for its inclusion. It really wasn't the nicest thing. I would probably say it was the second harshest elimination, at least for the finalists (I'll mention the most cruel one when I get to it).

18. I don't think she was a frontrunner; however, it was thought she would last longer than she did. It looked like she was about to hit her stride before her elimination. Some of the things said about Haley made my skin crawl. :( At that point, I believe she was more hated than Sanjaya and people were actively rooting for her elimination next (which unfortunately happened the following week 💔). I mentioned this in the other thread, but I was pretty bad when it came to my favorites in the early seasons, and Haley was one I was really protective of, hence my suspension. :haha: Agreed at the last sentence. Finally, on a superficial note, a part of me was happy Haley was in the bottom three because I got to ogle her some more (she looked really gorgeous in her outfit); yes, I'm awful. :dead:

Same. :haha: Oh yay, that is great and well done to you for saving up for that. :yes:  Yes we do. :blushingwave: 

It is. I made some gifs myself so now the write-up is pretty much ready whenever you think is a good time to post it. I don't want to hijack your current ranking. :haha:  Yay, although I can schoolwork can be a pain. :/ 

You are very welcome. :hug:  I understand but am glad to hear your family is doing better. :hug: 

- I get that, I just didn't think of it until seeing your comments. :haha:  Now I want to see if I can pick out who you're referring to as the most cruel one. .. someone stands out, but we'll see if that's who it is.

- Understandable and I suppose that is true. Ugh noo, nobody deserves that. :( I can't imagine anyone getting more flack than Sanjaya at the time, but then people also loved keeping him around for the entertainment. Haha I do remember that, but didn't remember a suspension. I can't imagine that from you. :haha: Oh LOL. Well, you could just say that was the upside to her being in the B3. :haha: 

On 1/19/2021 at 7:16 PM, miss denise said:

Oh yay, that is great and well done to you for saving up for that. :yes:  Yes we do. :blushingwave: 

It is. I made some gifs myself so now the write-up is pretty much ready whenever you think is a good time to post it. I don't want to hijack your current ranking. :haha:  Yay, although I can schoolwork can be a pain. :/ 

You are very welcome. :hug:  I understand but am glad to hear your family is doing better. :hug: 

- I get that, I just didn't think of it until seeing your comments. :haha:  Now I want to see if I can pick out who you're referring to as the most cruel one. .. someone stands out, but we'll see if that's who it is.

- Understandable and I suppose that is true. Ugh noo, nobody deserves that. :( I can't imagine anyone getting more flack than Sanjaya at the time, but then people also loved keeping him around for the entertainment. Haha I do remember that, but didn't remember a suspension. I can't imagine that from you. :haha: Oh LOL. Well, you could just say that was the upside to her being in the B3. :haha: 

I made a vow to never have a car payment. I've seen my mother had hers repossessed after she missed a few payments because she was laid off from her job. I was happy I was able to pay for my current car all at once. Yeah, I had one at the end of that post. :haha:

You can post it whenever you're ready. 😊 At least you were able to make some gifs about this mystery person. :yes:

🤗

- I have a feeling you may be right about that person. 🤔 :haha:

- Agreed. No one does. I've disagreed with some of the results, but I have never blamed another person or attacked anyone for outlasting someone I liked. I don't think anyone ever gets "robbed" or is "undeserving". People vote for contestants for their own reasons. It was around that time when people really started slut shaming her because of her outfits (and don't get me started on Simon's comments the week after). I didn't vote for Sanjaya, but I enjoyed him from time to time. Yeah, it seems strange now; I guess I matured some and don't get as worked up as I used to. :haha: Performance wise, I ranked her third behind Melinda and Jordin; however, I had a feeling she was B3 bound because of the judges' behavior after her performance. :/ Yeah, that was the upside of her being in the B3. :blushingwave: :haha:

I'll try to post the next set this weekend. I should be done with my schoolwork by then.

On 1/21/2021 at 8:12 PM, Crisis said:

I made a vow to never have a car payment. I've seen my mother had hers repossessed after she missed a few payments because she was laid off from her job. I was happy I was able to pay for my current car all at once. Yeah, I had one at the end of that post. :haha:

You can post it whenever you're ready. 😊 At least you were able to make some gifs about this mystery person. :yes:

- Agreed. No one does. I've disagreed with some of the results, but I have never blamed another person or attacked anyone for outlasting someone I liked. I don't think anyone ever gets "robbed" or is "undeserving". People vote for contestants for their own reasons. It was around that time when people really started slut shaming her because of her outfits (and don't get me started on Simon's comments the week after). I didn't vote for Sanjaya, but I enjoyed him from time to time. Yeah, it seems strange now; I guess I matured some and don't get as worked up as I used to. :haha: Performance wise, I ranked her third behind Melinda and Jordin; however, I had a feeling she was B3 bound because of the judges' behavior after her performance. :/ Yeah, that was the upside of her being in the B3. :blushingwave: :haha:

I'll try to post the next set this weekend. I should be done with my schoolwork by then.

That is a great goal and something I would strive for as well. :yes: I'm lucky that my parents help me with car expenses, although I am on my own for everything else. Sorry to hear about your mom being laid off. :( 

:shiftywave: 

I feel the same as you, although I have called people robbed before. :blushingwave: But I know everyone has their reasons for voting and if someone gets the votes then they deserve to be there. Ugh, I see and am sorry. :( I would be shocked if you said you did vote for Sanjaya! :lmao: Ah yes, you have grown a lot since then, I guess. :giggle: That's too bad, but at least it all worked out, in more ways than one for you. :haha: 

Yay!

Brett Young
X6SkBFH.gif  H5QRc2H.gif  HoZOOgB.gif

If you are not familiar with Brett Young, then you never watched American Idol. Those are the facts. (!) :dead:  I'm kidding and being dramatic, of course. He did appear as one of the celebrity guests for a duet on Season 17 though. :wub:  Needless to say, that was the highlight of the season for me. More on that later. To back up, Brett is a country music singer-songwriter and I became a fan of his as soon as he released his debut single, "Sleep Without You."  I have loved everything he put out since then and only love him more as time goes on.

I was mostly just a fan of his music for awhile and considered him among my favorite artists, but then one day I decided to take things to the next level, or my heart decided to and that it wanted to have a crush on him too. Actually, a certain friend may have worked his magic to make this happen and I know he will be more than happy to take all the credit for it. (!)  I was perfectly content being a normal fan! Now I'm a fangirl. 😢  I'm not sure what it is, but I guess I realized that he's attractive and that was all there was to it. :haha: Brett is probably the one out of all the crushes I'll share that I know the least on a personal level. I haven't seen nearly as many interviews with him as all the rest, so I do not know his personality AS well, but I do still follow him on social media and have seen him in videos. I know he is a man of strong faith (which you know I love) and also seems like such a down-to-earth family guy, which I also love. He is one of a few of my bigger crushes who is both married and has a child. :/ I'm not angry. I always make a :/ when I'm overcome with joy. :dead: 🙂 lol but really, I am more fine with it now than I was a year or two ago at the peak of my crush. :giggle:    

As mentioned, we know Brett appeared on Idol and that was one of my ultimate fangirl crazy moments over Brett. :wub: I was at the height of my feelings for him at the time and was loving every second of these moments.

Easily my favorite performances of the season! I mean, I may have to fact check this, but also not really because I don't love any one else on that season more than Brett. :haha: 

To sum it up, I love the tone of Brett's voice, the style of his music, and love what I know of him as a person. He is also a very attractive man and SUPER TALL. That last part plays no part in my feelings for him, but is just an interesting fact. Here I was thinking Justin Hartley was my tallest crush (he's 6"2'), but Brett is actually 6"6'! WHAT the actual heck? He's literally over a foot taller than me. I would be a shrimp next to him. I WOULD LOOK LIKE HIS INFANT DAUGHTER. Okay that's a stretch, but everyone does think I look way younger than I am. Maybe not an infant, but still. :giggle: Where is this commentary going? Oh and spoiler alert, but I will share another crush who is also taller than Justin. I don't know why I always thought he was the tallest. He seems taller than the guy I haven't posted yet, but.... we'll get to him later.

Before I wrap this up, I would like to know why when I search for gifs of Brett Young, I also get many gifs in the results for Brett Eldredge. :? Unacceptable! One Brett is not every Brett. (!) Anyway, I will now post a bunch of Brett's songs and music videos. This is a collection of singles he's released, as well as a couple of my favorite album tracks (that should have been singles): 

Brett Young: 

T-14. Alex Lambert, Katelyn Epperly, Lilly Scott

3601c4df63b9a61de6a33a6e47fd82ea.jpg&f=1&nofb=1 katelyn-epperly-photo.jpg&f=1&nofb=1 th?id=OIP.GSuklsBeufm9b8tqW23ZQwDfEX%26pid=Api&f=1

Average Ranking: 13.67

Background:

S9’s last semi-finals results show was certainly buzzworthy. It was thought that three contestants (Alex Lambert, Katelyn Epperly, and Lilly Scott) had very strong chances of being in the finals as they were considered to be some of the best contestants that season. However, that wasn’t the case as all three were eliminated that evening. It is considered to be one of the most controversial results shows in Idol history.

Personal Ranking: 13/19

Opinion:

Before I get into the eliminations, I have to say I feel a little bad for Todrick Hall because he was eliminated that evening as well but doesn’t get mentioned with the others (then again, his elimination wasn’t really all that controversial). :giggle: As for the others, the elimination that disappointed me the most was Lilly’s. I thought she was one of the more interesting contestants as well as one of the most consistent. I guess she was too similar to Crystal, and Crystal was seen as the superior one. Alex got off to a rough start with his first semi-finals performance. However, he had two really good ones afterwards, and I thought he was one of the better males that season. Finally, Katelyn was the one who most were really disappointed about. I wasn’t that big of a fan of hers (though I’ve come to appreciate her more later); however, I understood why people felt that way about her. She had two solid performances at the beginning of the semis; however, her last performance wasn’t that strong. Still, I wouldn’t have a problem with her or any of the other two in the finals.

T-14. Christina Christian

latest?cb=20090518151532&f=1&nofb=1

Average Ranking: 13.67

Background:

S1’s Top 6 Night was Big Band Week, and it is probably known for two things. The first is it is the week that what is considered to be one of Idol’s all-time greatest performances happened (I’ll let anyone guess what that may be :giggle:). The other was the elimination, which is what we’re going to focus on. The B3 that week were RJ, Nikki, and Christina. Christina, however, was not present during this time because she fell ill some time prior to the Results Show and was in the hospital. Unfortunately for Christina, she was the one eliminated that week.

Personal Ranking: 12/19

Opinion:

I have to say this was certainly one of the more unique eliminations Idol’s had. Based on her performance that week, she wouldn’t have been my pick to leave. I may be wrong, but I believe there were some conspiracies about her elimination (I can’t recall what some of them were, however; besides, I doubt they were even all that plausible). While it’s unfortunate how Christina learned of her elimination and not having the proper chance of saying goodbye, it was later revealed it was for the better because she had some serious health issues at the time. Maybe it would’ve been better for her to withdraw, but what can be done now. Either way, it certainly wasn’t the most conventional elimination.

13. Mandisa

maxresdefault.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Average Ranking: 13.33

Background:

S5’s Top 9 Results Show was interesting. Ryan had three groups of three on stage: Taylor, Kellie, Chris; Ace, Katharine, Bucky; and Mandisa, Elliott, Paris. Ryan sent Taylor, Kellie and Chris to safety first, then Ace, Katharine and Bucky were informed they were safe. This meant Mandisa, Elliott, and Paris were the B3. Paris was told she was safe, which meant either Elliott or Mandisa would be leaving that night. That person turned out to be Mandisa, which was somewhat of a surprise because it was thought she was one of the better singers that season and would go farther in the competition.

Personal Ranking: 14/19

Opinion:

At first I thought Ace, Katharine, and Bucky were the B3 because all three were there in previous weeks, with Ace being there twice. I was relieved to see they were safe (OK, one of the three, but the point stands :haha:). Nonetheless, the actual B3 was difficult for me to sit through because they were three of my top five that season. With that said, Mandisa was my least favorite of the three, so I guess you could say I was fine with the results. However, it still was disappointing to see her leave when she did. Unfortunately, she, Elliott, nor Paris had one of their better performances the previous night. In addition, she may have still suffered from some backlash from her pre-performance comments from the week before, which may have cost her some votes. Despite the disappointing finish, she managed to have a very solid career post-Idol, so all wasn’t lost for her. :yes:

12. Colton Dixon

th?id=OIP.DMzaYvojau2ryFYgN_LbPgHaJk%26p

Average Ranking: 13.00

Background:

S11 is considered to be one of the best Idol seasons, and the Top 7 is widely considered to be the best Top 7 the show’s ever had. There were two Top 7 weeks because of the save being used on Jessica. The B3 of the Top 7 Redux were Elise, Colton, and Hollie. Elise was sent to safety first, which left Colton and Hollie as the B2. It was thought Hollie would be eliminated; instead, it was Colton who received the bad news. This was considered a surprise because Colton was considered to be a favorite for the title and was never in the bottom prior to his elimination.

Personal Ranking: 18/19

Opinion:

As my low ranking suggests, I didn’t think his elimination was that controversial. He wasn’t that great the night before, plus the show indicated there would be some shocking results at the beginning. Once Colton was in the B3, I knew he would be eliminated because it wouldn’t be all that surprising to see either Elise or Hollie leave seeing that these two were in the B3 before. Also, one thing Jermaine’s disqualification was good for was ensuring Hollie stayed because in previous seasons there was a double elimination the week after the save was used. Despite what I think, Colton’s elimination is still considered to be a controversial moment.

11. Angie Miller

_mb19621-16_9.jpg?width=3200%26height=1680%26fit=crop&f=1&nofb=1

Average Ranking: 11.33

Background:

S12 was definitely female-dominated. The Top 3 were considered to be the best of the season; therefore, any one of them had a case of being in the finale. With that said, on to the results. Candice was the first to learn she would be in the finale, which wasn’t much of a surprise considering she was thought to be the best singer that season. The other spot went to Kree, meaning that Angie would be eliminated. It was thought Angie would be in the finale due to her popularity as well as being the only contestant to not be in the bottom at any point during the season.

Personal Ranking: 10/19

Opinion:

Candice and Kree were my Top 2 that season, so I was happy with the finale. However, I would’ve understood if Angie was in there. She is someone who grew on me after the season after being ambivalent towards her during it. She was obviously someone who wanted to win the title due to how visibly upset she was during her elimination, which was odd considering she was accused of being too robotic during the season. I did have some sympathy for her; however, I wasn’t too fond of some of the things her fans were saying about Candice and Kree afterwards with Kree getting the worst of it. With everything said, I do think her elimination had its fair share of controversy, hence the reason I have it in my Top 10.

T-14. Alex Lambert, Katelyn Epperly, Lilly Scott

T-14. Christina Christian

13. Mandisa

12. Colton Dixon

11. Angie Miller

Remaining Eliminations:

Allison Iraheta

Chris Daughtry

Constantine Maroulis

Jennifer Hudson

Jeremiah Lloyd Harmon

LaToya London

Melinda Doolittle

Michael Johns

Pia Toscano

Tamyra Gray

Edited by Crisis
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, miss denise said:

That is a great goal and something I would strive for as well. :yes: I'm lucky that my parents help me with car expenses, although I am on my own for everything else. Sorry to hear about your mom being laid off. :( 

:shiftywave: 

I feel the same as you, although I have called people robbed before. :blushingwave: But I know everyone has their reasons for voting and if someone gets the votes then they deserve to be there. Ugh, I see and am sorry. :( I would be shocked if you said you did vote for Sanjaya! :lmao: Ah yes, you have grown a lot since then, I guess. :giggle: That's too bad, but at least it all worked out, in more ways than one for you. :haha: 

Yay!

Yeah. That is lucky to have your parents help you with that. I like to do things on my own and my parents encourage it; however, I know they would help out if needed. Fortunately, I haven't had to ask them much. Her being laid off was about a decade ago, but that and her repo is something I still vividly remember.

I see that person has been posted. :shiftywave: I'll read and comment. :yes:

Understandable. It's easy to be caught up in the heat of the moment. Completely agree about the voting. Yeah, me too. :( The only people I voted for that season were Haley and Melinda, although a small part of me was tempted to vote for Sanjaya. :haha: I guess you can say I have. :giggle: You can said it did. :haha:

36 minutes ago, miss denise said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Brett Young
X6SkBFH.gif  H5QRc2H.gif  HoZOOgB.gif

If you are not familiar with Brett Young, then you never watched American Idol. Those are the facts. (!) :dead:  I'm kidding and being dramatic, of course. He did appear as one of the celebrity guests for a duet on Season 17 though. :wub:  Needless to say, that was the highlight of the season for me. More on that later. To back up, Brett is a country music singer-songwriter and I became a fan of his as soon as he released his debut single, "Sleep Without You."  I have loved everything he put out since then and only love him more as time goes on.

I was mostly just a fan of his music for awhile and considered him among my favorite artists, but then one day I decided to take things to the next level, or my heart decided to and that it wanted to have a crush on him too. Actually, a certain friend may have worked his magic to make this happen and I know he will be more than happy to take all the credit for it. (!)  I was perfectly content being a normal fan! Now I'm a fangirl. 😢  I'm not sure what it is, but I guess I realized that he's attractive and that was all there was to it. :haha: Brett is probably the one out of all the crushes I'll share that I know the least on a personal level. I haven't seen nearly as many interviews with him as all the rest, so I do not know his personality AS well, but I do still follow him on social media and have seen him in videos. I know he is a man of strong faith (which you know I love) and also seems like such a down-to-earth family guy, which I also love. He is one of a few of my bigger crushes who is both married and has a child. :/ I'm not angry. I always make a :/ when I'm overcome with joy. :dead: 🙂 lol but really, I am more fine with it now than I was a year or two ago at the peak of my crush. :giggle:    

As mentioned, we know Brett appeared on Idol and that was one of my ultimate fangirl crazy moments over Brett. :wub: I was at the height of my feelings for him at the time and was loving every second of these moments.

Easily my favorite performances of the season! I mean, I may have to fact check this, but also not really because I don't love any one else on that season more than Brett. :haha: 

To sum it up, I love the tone of Brett's voice, the style of his music, and love what I know of him as a person. He is also a very attractive man and SUPER TALL. That last part plays no part in my feelings for him, but is just an interesting fact. Here I was thinking Justin Hartley was my tallest crush (he's 6"2'), but Brett is actually 6"6'! WHAT the actual heck? He's literally over a foot taller than me. I would be a shrimp next to him. I WOULD LOOK LIKE HIS INFANT DAUGHTER. Okay that's a stretch, but everyone does think I look way younger than I am. Maybe not an infant, but still. :giggle: Where is this commentary going? Oh and spoiler alert, but I will share another crush who is also taller than Justin. I don't know why I always thought he was the tallest. He seems taller than the guy I haven't posted yet, but.... we'll get to him later.

Before I wrap this up, I would like to know why when I search for gifs of Brett Young, I also get many gifs in the results for Brett Eldredge. :? Unacceptable! One Brett is not every Brett. (!) Anyway, I will now post a bunch of Brett's songs and music videos. This is a collection of singles he's released, as well as a couple of my favorite album tracks (that should have been singles): 

Brett Young: 

Brett Young: Alright, I got this one correct! :ohyeah: Outside of Mercy and Like I Loved You, unfortunately I'm not all familiar with his songs (I've never heard of the second one before his duet with Riley). LOL at him being the highlight of the season. Nice to see you becoming a fan of his and enjoying his stuff more over time. This appears to be one of the crushes that gradually grew over time although that friend of yours played a significant role in it. :giggle: Seeing this is the shortest write-up, it's easy to see he's the one you know the least on a personal level. Him being a man of faith and down to earth family guy surely scored some points. :yes: Ugh, I know the feeling of having crushes who are married with children. :/ 😢 :haha: At least it appears to be fine now. He's 6-6?! :shock: Maybe I wasn't paying that much attention, but he didn't seem like it on the show. LOL at looking like his infant daughter if you were to stand next to him. It appears someone else will be posted soon. :shiftywave: Too bad about not having enough gifs of him. There should be an even amount of gifs for everyone! I may listen to the songs posted later. A great read as usual, and a nice crush. :yes:

Since I had some rare free time, I did the write-ups for the next set and will post it now.

10. Constantine Maroulis

2-Constantine-Maroulis.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Average Ranking: 9.67

Background:

The S4 Top 6 Results Show was one to remember. Ryan placed Anthony & Vonzell in one group and Carrie & Bo in another. He then instructed Scott & Constantine to pick which group they thought they belonged in with both of them picking Carrie & Bo. :rofl: It turned out Scott was correct and he, Carrie, and Bo were the Top 3 vote getters that week; this meant that Constantine, Anthony, and Vonzell were the B3. Ryan sent Vonzell back to safety first which left Constantine and Anthony as the B2. It was thought Anthony would be eliminated; instead, Ryan informed Constantine he would be the one going home.

Personal Ranking: 11/19

Opinion:

This was considered a shock because Constantine had never been in the bottom prior to his elimination. In addition, it was thought that he, Carrie, and Bo would be the Top 3 that season. Constantine was my least favorite S4 contestant, so I didn’t mind his elimination. :giggle: Furthermore, he didn’t have a good performance the night before, so there was some possibility he would’ve been vulnerable the following night. The last thing I’ll say is the reactions towards his elimination were pretty funny from the looks on the remaining contestants’ faces, Constantine’s own reaction, and Paula’s meltdown. :lmao: Although I ranked it just outside of the Top 10, it is certainly a Top 10 worthy elimination.

9. Allison Iraheta

41931.jpg?w=378%26h=269&f=1&nofb=1

Average Ranking: 8.67

Background:

Top 4 during S8 was interesting. At stake was the Top 3 and the chance for a hometown visit (as was the case for most of the seasons). Adam and Kris were first informed they were in the Top 3, so that meant the last spot would be between Danny and Allison. That spot went to Danny, meaning that Allison’s Idol run ended that week. This engendered some serious outrage because it was thought Allison should’ve advanced instead of Danny based on the performances from the previous night.

Personal Ranking: 8/19

Opinion:
Allison was my S8 favorite and Danny my least favorite; therefore, I would’ve liked to see the results reversed. The main thing that upset me that week were the judges looking for something to criticize in Cry Baby, whereas they were giving Danny a pass after Dream On. Cry Baby is considered to be one of Allison’s best performances of the season, whereas Dream On was easily Danny’s worst. With all of this said, while I was disappointed with the results, I didn’t blame Danny for it; he got the votes and Allison didn’t. Nonetheless, it’s still an elimination that is talked about to this day.

8. Jeremiah Lloyd Harmon

Jeremiah-Lloyd-Harmon.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Average Ranking: 8.00

Background:

During Top 6 Week in S17, Jeremiah and Laci were the B2. Since the save was still in play and this would be the last week for the judges to use it, it was thought it would be used this week seeing that both Jeremiah and Laci appeared to be among the judges’ favorites. The judges decided to use the save, and it was thought the judges would save Jeremiah. However, they opted to save Laci, meaning that Jeremiah would be leaving the competition at that time. The save was controversial because it was thought Jeremiah had a strong chance of being in the finale. The decision was so shocking even Laci herself was surprised by it. :haha:

Personal Ranking: 6/19

Opinion:

Laci and Jeremiah were my two S17 favorites, so that B2 was not fun. Laci was my overall favorite and I was happy to see her advance; however, objectively I would’ve saved Jeremiah because Jeremiah was better that night let alone the entire season. Then again, I wouldn’t have had Jeremiah down there in the first place, but it is what it is. I’d like to think the judges expected Laci to be in the B2 and went in with the mindset to save her; however, I don’t think they expected Jeremiah to be there with her. Unfortunately, there were some not so flattering things said about Laci afterwards, which unfortunately wasn’t surprising. 🙄 Overall, it is certainly a highly controversial elimination.

T-6. Melinda Doolittle

1420572193_melinda-doolittle-zoom.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Average Ranking: 7.67

Background:

Melinda was considered to be the best singer of S6, and it was widely thought she would be in the finale. However, the Top 3 Results Show said otherwise. Jordin was the first to learn she would be in the finale, meaning that the second spot would be between Melinda and Blake. Ryan subsequently informed Melinda she was eliminated and that Blake would compete against Jordin for the S6 crown. There was some shock from the studio audience, and Simon was in a foul mood all evening because of Melinda’s elimination.

Personal Ranking: 7/19

Opinion:

Melinda was my favorite of the Top 3 and my second S6 favorite, so needless to say she was the one I wanted to see in the finale. However, I had a feeling she was eliminated when Jordin was announced first because I couldn’t see Blake not being there. I know some people vowed not to watch the finale because Melinda wasn’t going to be a part of it. There was some speculation as to why Melinda fell short, from her appearing to be too old-fashioned to others voting for their secondary favorites more because it was thought she was a lock for the finale. Nonetheless, it was disappointing not to see her in the finale, and it was one that brought out some strong opinions.

T-6. Michael Johns

1200x0.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Average Ranking: 7.67

Background:

Idol Gives Back/Inspirational Songs was the theme for S7’s Top 8 Week. After the performances and fanfare, it was on to the results. The B3 that week were Michael, Carly, and Syesha. Either Syesha or Carly were favored to be the ones leaving, seeing that both of them were in the B3 at some point prior to this week. However, it was Michael who received the bad news. His elimination was controversial for two main reasons. The first was because Michael was never in the bottom prior to it; the second was the way his elimination was handled.

Personal Ranking: 9/19

Opinion:

This to me was the cruelest elimination in Idol history. Because there was no B3 let alone elimination during IGB the year before, it was thought it would be the same this time around. However, the producers had other plans. Ryan made it seem like Michael wouldn’t be eliminated, only to tell him he unfortunately was going home that week. It was easy to see how disappointed Michael was after Ryan played with his hopes, yet he was able to gather himself and do his swan song. I commend him because I don’t know if I would be able to do the same afterwards. It was such a terrible way to end IGB after all of the positivity and accomplishment leading up to it.

10. Constantine Maroulis

09. Allison Iraheta

08. Jeremiah Lloyd Harmon

T-06. Melinda Doolittle

T-06. Michael Johns

• Like 1

On 1/23/2021 at 12:36 PM, Crisis said:

Yeah. That is lucky to have your parents help you with that. I like to do things on my own and my parents encourage it; however, I know they would help out if needed. Fortunately, I haven't had to ask them much. Her being laid off was about a decade ago, but that and her repo is something I still vividly remember.

I see that person has been posted. :shiftywave: I'll read and comment. :yes:

Understandable. It's easy to be caught up in the heat of the moment. Completely agree about the voting. Yeah, me too. :( The only people I voted for that season were Haley and Melinda, although a small part of me was tempted to vote for Sanjaya. :haha: I guess you can say I have. :giggle: You can said it did. :haha:

Reveal hidden contents

Brett Young: Alright, I got this one correct! :ohyeah: Outside of Mercy and Like I Loved You, unfortunately I'm not all familiar with his songs (I've never heard of the second one before his duet with Riley). LOL at him being the highlight of the season. Nice to see you becoming a fan of his and enjoying his stuff more over time. This appears to be one of the crushes that gradually grew over time although that friend of yours played a significant role in it. :giggle: Seeing this is the shortest write-up, it's easy to see he's the one you know the least on a personal level. Him being a man of faith and down to earth family guy surely scored some points. :yes: Ugh, I know the feeling of having crushes who are married with children. :/ 😢 :haha: At least it appears to be fine now. He's 6-6?! :shock: Maybe I wasn't paying that much attention, but he didn't seem like it on the show. LOL at looking like his infant daughter if you were to stand next to him. It appears someone else will be posted soon. :shiftywave: Too bad about not having enough gifs of him. There should be an even amount of gifs for everyone! I may listen to the songs posted later. A great read as usual, and a nice crush. :yes:

I like to as well and never ask for money, but they have been kind to help me cover all the maintenances issues with my current car. :( There was just so much to be fixed and replaced that I could not have done it without them. I still pay my own insurance, gas, and everything else in my life. :haha: If someday I get a much larger paycheck, the first thing I'd want to do is gift them a large sum of money as a thank you. ❤️ Ah I see, so I hope she is doing much better now. :hug: 

:giggle: 

That is true. LOL the Sanjaya comment. Yep. :giggle: 

Good job. :giggle:  I wondered if you remembered me saying I loved him in your other thread or if you got this so easily some other way. :haha:  Aw, sad you don't know his songs besides the ones he did on Idol. :( He was my season highlight and I stand by it! :giggle: Yes, this is a crush that developed over time, which makes me think about how that's gone with all the other guys. And yes, my friend loves to make me have crushes so he can tease me about them. :lmao: LOL I was trying to do a shorter write-up since they kept getting longer, but also the guys at the top of my list have already been posted. But yes, I do still love Brett and all I know about him. I'm glad you feel my pain regarding the spouse and kids. :broken: lol. Yes, he's super tall! I knew he was, but didn't realize his height would be that number! Hahaha. Yes, I have at least two more I will post, but... the other tall guy ( :dead: ) may or may not be the next one. Yeah, I don't know why it's hard to find gifs of him. But thank you and I hope you like the songs. ❤️ I would probably most recommend In Case You Didn't Know, Chapters, and Lady. 

T-14. Alex Lambert, Katelyn Epperly, Lilly Scott: This doesn't come to mind to me when I think of controversial eliminations, but I do remember it being a bit unexpected. I can't remember who all I thought would have been eliminated instead, but I could have seen any of these three in the finals. I really was only bothered by Katelyn's elimination since she was among my favorites. Interesting you mentioned Todrick.  You could have included him if you felt that bad. :giggle: 

T-14. Christina Christian: That week of performances was really strong and I might know which one stands out as one of the all-time greats. :giggle:  But ugh, poor Christina. It was bad enough she was sick and couldn't be there, but then to be eliminated at the same time. :( I remember that performance being one of my favorites from her too. The only theories I really know of are that she was eliminated simply because she wasn't there. 

13. Mandisa: Oooh no, not the three groups thing.... although I kind of loved it and always provided all the drama. :giggle: I do think Mandisa's elimination was a surprise, but I much preferred Elliott and Paris, so I was happy it went that way out of the three. I can't remember her pre-performance comments you brought up, but I do remember her saying something about how she thought Elliott was going to go home against her and that always stuck with me and rubbed me the wrong way. :ph34rwave: 

12. Colton Dixon: I was surprised Colton was eliminated this week and was disappointed since he was one of my favorites. :(  It's interesting you mention it not being so controversial since a shocking result was mentioned at the start of the show. I wouldn't think that would change my opinion anyway except to get a slight heads-up that it's coming, lol. Fair enough if this wasn't one of the most controversial or upsetting though. 

11. Angie Miller: This was a horrible one for me since I loved Angie so much and she was the only one I was invested in that season. :broken: I thought she would make the finale and have a shot to win, so did not see this coming. :(  Maybe it's not at the top of the controversy list, although I do think it was a surprise Kree advanced over her. 

I will comment on the other set next time!

12 hours ago, miss denise said:

I like to as well and never ask for money, but they have been kind to help me cover all the maintenances issues with my current car. :( There was just so much to be fixed and replaced that I could not have done it without them. I still pay my own insurance, gas, and everything else in my life. :haha: If someday I get a much larger paycheck, the first thing I'd want to do is gift them a large sum of money as a thank you. ❤️ Ah I see, so I hope she is doing much better now. :hug: 

That is true. LOL the Sanjaya comment. Yep. :giggle: 

Reveal hidden contents

Good job. :giggle:  I wondered if you remembered me saying I loved him in your other thread or if you got this so easily some other way. :haha:  Aw, sad you don't know his songs besides the ones he did on Idol. :( He was my season highlight and I stand by it! :giggle: Yes, this is a crush that developed over time, which makes me think about how that's gone with all the other guys. And yes, my friend loves to make me have crushes so he can tease me about them. :lmao: LOL I was trying to do a shorter write-up since they kept getting longer, but also the guys at the top of my list have already been posted. But yes, I do still love Brett and all I know about him. I'm glad you feel my pain regarding the spouse and kids. :broken: lol. Yes, he's super tall! I knew he was, but didn't realize his height would be that number! Hahaha. Yes, I have at least two more I will post, but... the other tall guy ( :dead: ) may or may not be the next one. Yeah, I don't know why it's hard to find gifs of him. But thank you and I hope you like the songs. ❤️ I would probably most recommend In Case You Didn't Know, Chapters, and Lady. 

T-14. Alex Lambert, Katelyn Epperly, Lilly Scott: This doesn't come to mind to me when I think of controversial eliminations, but I do remember it being a bit unexpected. I can't remember who all I thought would have been eliminated instead, but I could have seen any of these three in the finals. I really was only bothered by Katelyn's elimination since she was among my favorites. Interesting you mentioned Todrick.  You could have included him if you felt that bad. :giggle: 

T-14. Christina Christian: That week of performances was really strong and I might know which one stands out as one of the all-time greats. :giggle:  But ugh, poor Christina. It was bad enough she was sick and couldn't be there, but then to be eliminated at the same time. :( I remember that performance being one of my favorites from her too. The only theories I really know of are that she was eliminated simply because she wasn't there. 

13. Mandisa: Oooh no, not the three groups thing.... although I kind of loved it and always provided all the drama. :giggle: I do think Mandisa's elimination was a surprise, but I much preferred Elliott and Paris, so I was happy it went that way out of the three. I can't remember her pre-performance comments you brought up, but I do remember her saying something about how she thought Elliott was going to go home against her and that always stuck with me and rubbed me the wrong way. :ph34rwave: 

12. Colton Dixon: I was surprised Colton was eliminated this week and was disappointed since he was one of my favorites. :(  It's interesting you mention it not being so controversial since a shocking result was mentioned at the start of the show. I wouldn't think that would change my opinion anyway except to get a slight heads-up that it's coming, lol. Fair enough if this wasn't one of the most controversial or upsetting though. 

11. Angie Miller: This was a horrible one for me since I loved Angie so much and she was the only one I was invested in that season. :broken: I thought she would make the finale and have a shot to win, so did not see this coming. :(  Maybe it's not at the top of the controversy list, although I do think it was a surprise Kree advanced over her. 

I will comment on the other set next time!

That's good to see. Ugh, one of the worst things about owning cars is the maintenance, especially if they're still being paid off; then again, that's what warranties are for I guess. 🤷‍♂️ I see about needing so much to be fixed; however, it's good to see they were willing to help out. :yes: It's really good to see about giving them a large sum of money to show how much you appreciate them. ❤️ Yes, she's doing much better now. She has a car that's paid in full, so she won't have to worry about any repos. :haha:

Honestly, I was tempted to vote for him after Haley's elimination, but decided not to. Besides, it would've been a waste since he was eliminated the following week. :haha:

He was the main one who came to mind when thinking about the guests from the ABC seasons. S17 wasn't one of the better seasons, so I can't blame you if he was your highlight. I see about this one developing over time; most of mine were love at first sight although Kay Adams was one that developed after some time. Some friend he is, though it looks like the two of you are having fun. I see about the shorter write-up and your top guys being posted. Yes, I know the pain all too well. 💔 Only two more left? I don't know how many I'll post, although there are at least two I have in mind. We'll see who this other tall guy is. I guess people aren't inspired to make gifs of him, which is their loss. I listened to the songs and the three you posted were my favorite outside of Mercy. :yes:

T-14. I think they were unexpected because there were others who people thought would've been eliminated instead. In Alex's case, it was thought Tim or even Aaron would've been eliminated. As for the girls, a combination of Lacey, Paige, or Katie were expected to be eliminated. I see about Katelyn; I felt the same way about Lilly. :haha: As for Todrick, as I mentioned, his elimination wasn't all that controversial; if anything, the surprise was it didn't happen sooner. :lmao:

T-14. Outside of a couple of performances, that was a strong week. Yeah, it was unfortunate Christina couldn't learn of her elimination in person; however, it was nice to see the other contestants wish her the best afterwards. Outside of her elimination, the other downside was Simon's behavior towards RJ. :/

13. The three group thing was a good drama provider (though not as much as the Top 7 Results shows). Pretty much agree about her elimination. The pre-performance comments were prior to her Top 10 performance. I can't remember what they were, but it was thought she was attacking the LGBTQ community when she insisted she was talking about her food addiction. Oh yeah, she mentioned that about Elliott during one of the AI Rewind episodes. It was disappointing to hear that from her, but I think it humbled her afterwards.

12. It probably would've been more surprising had they not mentioned something about it at the beginning of the episode. Colton wasn't one of my favorites, but I can imagine how disappointing it was to his fans. At that point, he and Phillip were the only ones to not have been in the bottom, so that probably made it more surprising.

11. Aww. 💔 Although Candice and Kree were my Top 2, I thought Angie had a great chance of being in the finale. I see the point about being surprised that Kree was in the finale; I think most people thought that way. Besides, it looked like Kree herself was surprised she advanced to the finale. :haha:

8 hours ago, miss denise said:

I know you're an NFL fan @Crisis so I thought I'd ask your thoughts on the Superbowl match-up! Are you rooting for either team? 😮 

Honestly, I'm rooting for a sinkhole to open beneath the stadium. :haha: Jokes aside, on one hand I don't want to see Brady get another ring because the praise he'd receive would be insufferable. On the other hand, I cannot bring myself to root for the Chiefs (die hard Raiders fan here). Obviously, I was rooting for a Bills/Packers match-up. :haha: I'm strongly thinking about not watching this one. :haha: With that said, one thing that is cool is that the Bucs are the first team to play a Super Bowl in their own stadium.

Edited by Crisis

Because I forgot to post this in the previous set...

Remaining Eliminations:

Chris Daughtry

Jennifer Hudson

LaToya London

Pia Toscano

Tamyra Gray

Any predictions on how these will rank?

16 minutes ago, Crisis said:

Because I forgot to post this in the previous set...

Remaining Eliminations:

Chris Daughtry

Jennifer Hudson

LaToya London

Pia Toscano

Tamyra Gray

Any predictions on how these will rank?

Let’s hope Pia is #1. 🤞

8 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

My comments are coming soon by the way. Sorry for the delay! 😅

No worries. The Voice subforum seems to be a lot of fun to post in. :haha: Besides, I've been super busy with life, so things haven't been moving too fast. 😅

• Haha 1

T-14. Alex Lambert, Katelyn Epperly, Lilly Scott - Would I have liked to them make the Top 13 (or whatever it was that season lol), yes. However, it wasn’t a HUGE loss so I’m quite pleased with its placement on this list. Lol at Todrick Hall not getting any recognition. :giggle:

T-14. Christina Christian - I didn’t watch this season so I’m not sure if she deserved to be eliminated or not, but I can see how it was controversial that she found out she was eliminated when she wasn’t in the studio. Maybe it’s a good thing though as it may have prevented an embarrassing meltdown? :lmao:

13. Mandisa - Hmm... a 9th place controversial elimination... :giggle: Wow, I didn’t know you liked Bucky and Ace that much as they were definitely the highlight of THAT group.:lmao: Mandisa wouldn’t have been my pick to go, but out of the bottom three she would have been my choice, so I guess you could say it wasn’t much of a disappointment for me. 😅

12. Colton Dixon - Controversial? Yes. Shocking? No, not for me. I thought Colton was the weakest (or one of the weakest) of the night so I wasn’t upset by his elimination. Also like you mentioned, Ryan saying it would be a “shocking” elimination kind of made it obvious once he landed in the bottom 3. Bottom 3 Queens Elise and Hollie survived, which I had no problems with as Hollie was my S11 favorite and Elise was my 4th favorite of the season. 😅

11. Angie Miller - The picture you put of that one is perfect lol. :haha: Candice and Angie would have been my dream top two, so I was a little disappointed to see Angie fall short of the finale. 😢 Kree wasn’t a bad second place (I knew then and there that there was no way she’d beat Candice :giggle:) though, so this wasn’t that controversial for me. 

12 hours ago, Crisis said:

That's good to see. Ugh, one of the worst things about owning cars is the maintenance, especially if they're still being paid off; then again, that's what warranties are for I guess. 🤷‍♂️ I see about needing so much to be fixed; however, it's good to see they were willing to help out. :yes: It's really good to see about giving them a large sum of money to show how much you appreciate them. ❤️ Yes, she's doing much better now. She has a car that's paid in full, so she won't have to worry about any repos. :haha:

Honestly, I was tempted to vote for him after Haley's elimination, but decided not to. Besides, it would've been a waste since he was eliminated the following week. :haha:

Reveal hidden contents

He was the main one who came to mind when thinking about the guests from the ABC seasons. S17 wasn't one of the better seasons, so I can't blame you if he was your highlight. I see about this one developing over time; most of mine were love at first sight although Kay Adams was one that developed after some time. Some friend he is, though it looks like the two of you are having fun. I see about the shorter write-up and your top guys being posted. Yes, I know the pain all too well. 💔 Only two more left? I don't know how many I'll post, although there are at least two I have in mind. We'll see who this other tall guy is. I guess people aren't inspired to make gifs of him, which is their loss. I listened to the songs and the three you posted were my favorite outside of Mercy. :yes:

T-14. I think they were unexpected because there were others who people thought would've been eliminated instead. In Alex's case, it was thought Tim or even Aaron would've been eliminated. As for the girls, a combination of Lacey, Paige, or Katie were expected to be eliminated. I see about Katelyn; I felt the same way about Lilly. :haha: As for Todrick, as I mentioned, his elimination wasn't all that controversial; if anything, the surprise was it didn't happen sooner. :lmao:

T-14. Outside of her elimination, the other downside was Simon's behavior towards RJ. :/

13.  The pre-performance comments were prior to her Top 10 performance. I can't remember what they were, but it was thought she was attacking the LGBTQ community when she insisted she was talking about her food addiction. 

11. Aww. 💔 Although Candice and Kree were my Top 2, I thought Angie had a great chance of being in the finale. I see the point about being surprised that Kree was in the finale; I think most people thought that way. Besides, it looked like Kree herself was surprised she advanced to the finale. :haha:

Honestly, I'm rooting for a sinkhole to open beneath the stadium. :haha: Jokes aside, on one hand I don't want to see Brady get another ring because the praise he'd receive would be insufferable. On the other hand, I cannot bring myself to root for the Chiefs (die hard Raiders fan here). Obviously, I was rooting for a Bills/Packers match-up. :haha: I'm strongly thinking about not watching this one. :haha: With that said, one thing that is cool is that the Bucs are the first team to play a Super Bowl in their own stadium.

For sure, and I've learned the hard way that older/used cars can come with a lot of expensive issues. :( Here's hoping my next one isn't so much work. Yes, I am very thankful for that and definitely want to repay them if I can someday. :yes: Oh yay, that is great!  

I see. :haha: 

Oh yeah, I guess there weren't too many options to guess. 😐:lmao:But hey, he could still be my season highlight even if it was a better season. bye2.gif.7960d44992e1eeff806cdce1d9856c29.gif Hmm, I actually don't know if any of mine have been love at first sight, at least to that extreme. :haha: I may like them right away, but not have a crush. lol he is my absolute best friend, so he is some friend and it's all in fun. :haha:  Is two more not enough? :dead:  I could maybe scrap together some more. Yes, they are missing out and depriving the rest of us too. Oh yay, I named the right ones. :haha:  Glad you like them! 

- I do remember this, but my brain can't be bothered to remember all the specific people anymore. :lmao:  Thanks for the refresh. OMG not Aaron. 😢 But I get this and remember with the others.  Oh my about Todrick. :lmao: 

- Ugh. :( 

- Oooh I really don't remember this at all. I'm curious to see what she said. :unsure: 

- LOL I was going to mention how I loved Kree's shocked face in the picture you used.

OMG I actually wondered if you were going to say this. :lmao:  Not specifically about a sinkhole ( :dead: ), but not in support of either team. I was randomly rooting for the Chiefs out of the final four, so I will stick with that although oops to them being a rival of the Raiders. I don't know who rivals who outside of the Seahawk's enemies. :haha:  I did hear that about the Buccaneers playing in their own stadium, so that is amazing to make that kind of history. 😮 

10. Constantine Maroulis: I definitely remember this as a big surprise elimination, even though I was super happy since Vonzell and Anthony were two of my three favorites. :haha: I also wasn't a Constantine fan so I didn't mind him going, but it was definitely a dramatic moment.  I remember the faces you mentioned too! :dead: 

09. Allison Iraheta: This one is interesting because it may not be the most shocking considered the three she was up against.... but at the same time Allison was such a strong competitor and IMO performed the best that week. :broken:  She definitely deserved to advance. :( 

08. Jeremiah Lloyd Harmon: Ugh, I hated this moment so much. I thought the judges would use the save on him too and was so disappointed. :( No offense to Laci, but I definitely thought and hoped Jeremiah would advance, not only past that week but to the end. I don't think he deserved the B2 either. 

T-06. Melinda Doolittle: I was definitely shocked with this one, although Blake and Jordin were my favorites so I did want them in the finale. :blushingwave: I did not think it would happen though and was floored when the result came in. I also thought Melinda received the strongest feedback that week, which made it even more shocking to me. So, I was thrilled to get my ideal finale, but did not expect it and sorry to you and her other big fans. :blushingwave: 

T-06. Michael Johns: Yeah, it was definitely a surprise he was eliminated over the girls who had been in the bottom before and because he just seemed like one of the favorites. Although his performances in the finals overall weren't as strong as in the semis, the result still kind of came out of nowhere.  OMG I am a fail because I actually don't remember what Ryan said to give false hope. :omg:  What the heck? But now that you mention it, I'll never forget a cruel elimination from the S4 semi-finals... it was how every guy was deemed "safe" only for Ryan to turn around and go "Judd, you're out!" What even? :dead:  That one may not have been controversial, but it kind of should be for the way it was done.

On 1/25/2021 at 3:01 PM, Bk1234 said:

T-14. Alex Lambert, Katelyn Epperly, Lilly Scott - Would I have liked to them make the Top 13 (or whatever it was that season lol), yes. However, it wasn’t a HUGE loss so I’m quite pleased with its placement on this list. Lol at Todrick Hall not getting any recognition. :giggle:

T-14. Christina Christian - I didn’t watch this season so I’m not sure if she deserved to be eliminated or not, but I can see how it was controversial that she found out she was eliminated when she wasn’t in the studio. Maybe it’s a good thing though as it may have prevented an embarrassing meltdown? :lmao:

13. Mandisa - Hmm... a 9th place controversial elimination... :giggle: Wow, I didn’t know you liked Bucky and Ace that much as they were definitely the highlight of THAT group.:lmao: Mandisa wouldn’t have been my pick to go, but out of the bottom three she would have been my choice, so I guess you could say it wasn’t much of a disappointment for me. 😅

12. Colton Dixon - Controversial? Yes. Shocking? No, not for me. I thought Colton was the weakest (or one of the weakest) of the night so I wasn’t upset by his elimination. Also like you mentioned, Ryan saying it would be a “shocking” elimination kind of made it obvious once he landed in the bottom 3. Bottom 3 Queens Elise and Hollie survived, which I had no problems with as Hollie was my S11 favorite and Elise was my 4th favorite of the season. 😅

11. Angie Miller - The picture you put of that one is perfect lol. :haha: Candice and Angie would have been my dream top two, so I was a little disappointed to see Angie fall short of the finale. 😢 Kree wasn’t a bad second place (I knew then and there that there was no way she’d beat Candice :giggle:) though, so this wasn’t that controversial for me. 

T-14. I think they could've made S9 better, but it is what it is. As for Todrick, he seems to be doing well for himself, so I don't think he's crying any tears at his lack of recognition. :giggle:

T-14. I thought she was one of the better performers of the night (I had her above two contestants). 🤷‍♂️ Yeah, it appeared the main controversy was her not being in the studio at her elimination.

13. I can't think of any other 9th place controversial eliminations. 🤔 :haha: Regarding the bold:

giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

One more for good measure:

source.gif&f=1&nofb=1

Now that that's clear, I pretty much agree with the last sentence.

12. Pretty much agree with everything here. Hollie and Elise were two of my Top 3, so I was happy to see them safe.

11. That picture pretty much told the story. :lmao: Of course I didn't mind the Top 2, but as I said I would've understood if Angie were there. She probably had the best shot at beating Candice, but Candice's victory was pretty much a given when Kree was in the finale.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, miss denise said:

For sure, and I've learned the hard way that older/used cars can come with a lot of expensive issues. :( Here's hoping my next one isn't so much work. Yes, I am very thankful for that and definitely want to repay them if I can someday. :yes:

Reveal hidden contents

Oh yeah, I guess there weren't too many options to guess. 😐:lmao:But hey, he could still be my season highlight even if it was a better season. bye2.gif.7960d44992e1eeff806cdce1d9856c29.gif Hmm, I actually don't know if any of mine have been love at first sight, at least to that extreme. :haha: I may like them right away, but not have a crush. lol he is my absolute best friend, so he is some friend and it's all in fun. :haha:  Is two more not enough? :dead:  I could maybe scrap together some more. Yes, they are missing out and depriving the rest of us too. Oh yay, I named the right ones. :haha:  Glad you like them! 

- I do remember this, but my brain can't be bothered to remember all the specific people anymore. :lmao:  Thanks for the refresh. OMG not Aaron. 😢 But I get this and remember with the others.  Oh my about Todrick. :lmao: 

- Ugh. :( 

- Oooh I really don't remember this at all. I'm curious to see what she said. :unsure: 

- LOL I was going to mention how I loved Kree's shocked face in the picture you used.

OMG I actually wondered if you were going to say this. :lmao:  Not specifically about a sinkhole ( :dead: ), but not in support of either team. I was randomly rooting for the Chiefs out of the final four, so I will stick with that although oops to them being a rival of the Raiders. I don't know who rivals who outside of the Seahawk's enemies. :haha:  I did hear that about the Buccaneers playing in their own stadium, so that is amazing to make that kind of history. 😮 

10. Constantine Maroulis: I definitely remember this as a big surprise elimination, even though I was super happy since Vonzell and Anthony were two of my three favorites. :haha: I also wasn't a Constantine fan so I didn't mind him going, but it was definitely a dramatic moment.  I remember the faces you mentioned too! :dead: 

09. Allison Iraheta: This one is interesting because it may not be the most shocking considered the three she was up against.... but at the same time Allison was such a strong competitor and IMO performed the best that week. :broken:  She definitely deserved to advance. :( 

08. Jeremiah Lloyd Harmon: Ugh, I hated this moment so much. I thought the judges would use the save on him too and was so disappointed. :( No offense to Laci, but I definitely thought and hoped Jeremiah would advance, not only past that week but to the end. I don't think he deserved the B2 either. 

T-06. Melinda Doolittle: I was definitely shocked with this one, although Blake and Jordin were my favorites so I did want them in the finale. :blushingwave: I did not think it would happen though and was floored when the result came in. I also thought Melinda received the strongest feedback that week, which made it even more shocking to me. So, I was thrilled to get my ideal finale, but did not expect it and sorry to you and her other big fans. :blushingwave: 

T-06. Michael Johns: Yeah, it was definitely a surprise he was eliminated over the girls who had been in the bottom before and because he just seemed like one of the favorites. Although his performances in the finals overall weren't as strong as in the semis, the result still kind of came out of nowhere.  OMG I am a fail because I actually don't remember what Ryan said to give false hope. :omg:  What the heck? But now that you mention it, I'll never forget a cruel elimination from the S4 semi-finals... it was how every guy was deemed "safe" only for Ryan to turn around and go "Judd, you're out!" What even? :dead:  That one may not have been controversial, but it kind of should be for the way it was done.

Yeah, they do come with their fair share of issues. I've learned the best thing to do when it comes to buying used cars is to do some research on them and/or have someone who knows about cars go with you. It can save some time, headaches, and money in the future. I understand the feeling.

There's nothing wrong about a guest being a highlight for a season if one isn't too fond of the contestants. :haha: Probably not love at first sight, but mine I've became enamored with them pretty early. :giggle: OK, it's good he's your best friend and it's all in good fun. I wonder if there are any crushes he may have where you can make fun of him. Oh no, I wasn't saying you needed to post more; I was just pointing out you stating you had two left. It shows who has taste and who doesn't. :haha: Glad to see you're glad I liked them. 😊

- Yeah it was about those people. That's right, Aaron was your favorite that season. I believe Andrew was another one people thought would be eliminated; however, I had a feeling he was going to be in the finals. As mentioned, Todrick seems to be just fine despite the disrespect. :giggle:

- Tell me about it. :(

- She dedicated the performance for those who were struggling with something. She said something along the lines of addiction, lifestyle, and situation may be big, but God is bigger. It was the lifestyle comment people took offense to. Only Mandisa knows what she tried to say.

- It certainly is a great one. :haha: I'm trying to find pictures of the eliminations, but some are hard to come by and others have watermarks. :/

How could you root for the Chiefs?! I thought we were friends. 😢 :haha: I'm being ultra dramatic of course. 😉 The Raiders/Chiefs rivalry is one of the most bitter NFL ones. It goes back to their AFL days. Unfortunately, it's been lopsided in the Chiefs favor over the past few years, but I have faith things will turn around eventually. The Raiders and Seahawks used to be rivals back when they were in the same division. It is amazing the Bucs are playing in a Super Bowl in their home stadium. Unfortunately due to COVID, they won't be playing in a full house which kinds of lessens the impact.

10. Out of that B3, I was hoping Constantine would leave. I was happy to see Vonzell safe as she was one of my favorites. It was certainly a dramatic moment, especially with all of those reactions (I remember them vividly as well). :haha:

09. It might not have been that shocking, but it certainly engendered some strong debates and feelings. I was hoping she would somehow make it to the Top 3, but being the last female standing in a male-dominated season is nothing to be ashamed of.

08. Tell me about it at the first sentence. :( Yeah, it was certainly thought he would go much farther than he did. It would've hurt to see either of them leave, so it was bittersweet for me.

T-06. That's right, you did say Blake and Jordin were your Top 2 that season. It's nice to see you had your Top 2 in the finale that season. It was unfortunate Melinda didn't make the finale, but what can be done.

T-06. It was certainly a surprise at the time. The judges and audience were stunned when Ryan read the results. He said something like no one was eliminated during IGB the previous season but told Michael he was leaving that night. It could've been handled better. Oh yeah, I remember Judd's elimination. It is definitely up there as far as the cruelest eliminations are concerned. Ryan has had his fair share of harsh moments on the show; I don't know if it's him or the producers instructing him to create more drama. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Crisis

17 hours ago, Crisis said:

Yeah, they do come with their fair share of issues. I've learned the best thing to do when it comes to buying used cars is to do some research on them and/or have someone who knows about cars go with you. It can save some time, headaches, and money in the future. I understand the feeling.

Reveal hidden contents

There's nothing wrong about a guest being a highlight for a season if one isn't too fond of the contestants. :haha: Probably not love at first sight, but mine I've became enamored with them pretty early. :giggle: OK, it's good he's your best friend and it's all in good fun. I wonder if there are any crushes he may have where you can make fun of him. Oh no, I wasn't saying you needed to post more; I was just pointing out you stating you had two left. It shows who has taste and who doesn't. :haha: Glad to see you're glad I liked them. 😊

- Yeah it was about those people. That's right, Aaron was your favorite that season. I believe Andrew was another one people thought would be eliminated; however, I had a feeling he was going to be in the finals. As mentioned, Todrick seems to be just fine despite the disrespect. :giggle:

- She dedicated the performance for those who were struggling with something. She said something along the lines of addiction, lifestyle, and situation may be big, but God is bigger. It was the lifestyle comment people took offense to. Only Mandisa knows what she tried to say.

- It certainly is a great one. :haha: I'm trying to find pictures of the eliminations, but some are hard to come by and others have watermarks. :/

How could you root for the Chiefs?! I thought we were friends. 😢 :haha: I'm being ultra dramatic of course. 😉 The Raiders/Chiefs rivalry is one of the most bitter NFL ones. It goes back to their AFL days. Unfortunately, it's been lopsided in the Chiefs favor over the past few years, but I have faith things will turn around eventually. The Raiders and Seahawks used to be rivals back when they were in the same division. It is amazing the Bucs are playing in a Super Bowl in their home stadium. Unfortunately due to COVID, they won't be playing in a full house which kinds of lessens the impact.

T-06. It was certainly a surprise at the time. The judges and audience were stunned when Ryan read the results. He said something like no one was eliminated during IGB the previous season but told Michael he was leaving that night. It could've been handled better. Oh yeah, I remember Judd's elimination. It is definitely up there as far as the cruelest eliminations are concerned. Ryan has had his fair share of harsh moments on the show; I don't know if it's him or the producers instructing him to create more drama. 🤷‍♂️

Yeah. :(  Thanks for the advice. My parents will accompany me to pick out my new used car, so I like to think they know enough. :haha:  The time may be coming up pretty soon too and I am getting really sad to part with my grandma's. :broken: 

Okay. :giggle: I went through my guys in my head and I think Jesse is the closest one to come to love at first sight. I definitely remember being fans of all the rest before having an actual crush. Not sure what this says about my ~process~ but I guess it's good. :haha:  Yes! LOL not really. I am much more obsessive when it comes to crushes and can get pretty crazy, as some of the write-ups may show (although I tried to be tame). :blushingwave: Oooh! :giggle:I'll say we both have taste though. :teeheewave:  I am glad! And now Brett announced today that he and his wife are expecting a second baby. Why would he do this to me? 🙂:dead: It's okay... I'm fine.

- Yes, Aaron was my favorite. Ooh, I don't think I thought Andrew was going to go at that point either, although he was on a decline. 

- Oh okay, thanks for mentioning that. I get how it may have come across.

- I noticed the picture choices! You've done a good job including the ones you can. I imagine it can be tough and ugh those watermarks. :/ 

I didn't know they were one of your rivals, I'm so sorry! 😢 :dead:  I guess they stood out to me because I know of someone (not personally) that used to play for them and I had no positive relation to the other teams. :haha: Ah wow, I had no idea, but sorry to hear and hope it will turn around for you guys too. I didn't even remember the Chiefs won last year's Superbowl :dead:  so I guess I should root for the other team... although I don't want to root for the Buccaneers either. :dead:  So I guess I'll park in Switzerland. Although oh, and the Chiefs were against the 49ers last year, who is the ultimate rival of the Seahawks, so I had no choice who I rooted for then. :haha: Ah yes, that is a good point.

Yes, I do remember that first part... but ugh at the second. That was unnecessary. :(  The result was enough of a surprise without that thrown in. Ah, glad you remember the Judd situation. That was so crazy. I always thought it was the producers that decided how it would be handled.

21 hours ago, miss denise said:

Yeah. :(  Thanks for the advice. My parents will accompany me to pick out my new used car, so I like to think they know enough. :haha:  The time may be coming up pretty soon too and I am getting really sad to part with my grandma's. :broken: 

Reveal hidden contents

Okay. :giggle: I went through my guys in my head and I think Jesse is the closest one to come to love at first sight. I definitely remember being fans of all the rest before having an actual crush. Not sure what this says about my ~process~ but I guess it's good. :haha:  Yes! LOL not really. I am much more obsessive when it comes to crushes and can get pretty crazy, as some of the write-ups may show (although I tried to be tame). :blushingwave: Oooh! :giggle:I'll say we both have taste though. :teeheewave:  I am glad! And now Brett announced today that he and his wife are expecting a second baby. Why would he do this to me? 🙂:dead: It's okay... I'm fine.

- I noticed the picture choices! You've done a good job including the ones you can. I imagine it can be tough and ugh those watermarks. :/ 

I didn't know they were one of your rivals, I'm so sorry! 😢 :dead:  I guess they stood out to me because I know of someone (not personally) that used to play for them and I had no positive relation to the other teams. :haha: Ah wow, I had no idea, but sorry to hear and hope it will turn around for you guys too. I didn't even remember the Chiefs won last year's Superbowl :dead:  so I guess I should root for the other team... although I don't want to root for the Buccaneers either. :dead:  So I guess I'll park in Switzerland. Although oh, and the Chiefs were against the 49ers last year, who is the ultimate rival of the Seahawks, so I had no choice who I rooted for then. :haha: Ah yes, that is a good point.

Yes, I do remember that first part... but ugh at the second. That was unnecessary. :(  The result was enough of a surprise without that thrown in. Ah, glad you remember the Judd situation. That was so crazy. I always thought it was the producers that decided how it would be handled.

OK, it's good to see your parents will go with you. I have a cousin who works on cars and told me to let him know whenever I want to buy a car. Hopefully that won't be for a few more years. 🤞 Parting with old cars are tough moments, especially if there are sentimental values with them.

It means that you're rational when it comes to your crushes. It's better to know a few things about them before falling too hard than to crush on them early and learn some things you wish you didn't. I kind of got that feeling when reading the write-ups. :giggle: Yes, we certainly do although there are some who think otherwise. :/ :haha: Well, congratulations to Brett and his wife, although it appears to be heartbreaking. ❤️ :dead: It looks like you're doing OK despite the news, so that's nice to see. 🤗

- I try to do the best I can! :dead: We'll see how I do with the last five.

It's OK, I'll live. 😉 :dead: Oh, OK about knowing of someone who used to play for them. To quote the late George Michael, I gotta have faith that the pendulum will swing in the other direction soon. I'll be in Switzerland with you. I'll be traveling that day, so I don't know if I'll be able to watch the game. I see about rooting for them considering who they were playing against. The Raiders and 49ers have/had a rivalry of their own, mainly due to them being in the same geographical area. I don't know if it'll be the same due to the Raiders being in Vegas now. Last year's Super Bowl was torture for me. :dead: I guess we'll find out how many people will be in the stadium during the game.

Yeah, it was unnecessary, especially because of the event. :( Michael handled it well despite this. I can't imagine if they did that to someone like Brooke. Judd's elimination certainly was crazy. I don't remember all of the details, but I'd like to think he handled it fine. Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if Ryan followed the producers' orders.

I should have the last set up some time this weekend. I'll start on the write-ups after I'm done with my homework.

Edited by Crisis