Deshawn Goncalves -When You Wish Upon A Star

Casey Bishop - When She Loved Me

Chayce Beckham - Baby Mine

Alyssa Wray - A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes

Arthur Gunn - Remember Me

Cassandra Coleman - Go The Distance

Hunter Metts - You'll Be In My Heart

Grace Kinstler - Into The Unknown

There are 37 performances if I counted correctly. As mentioned, I'll wait until Thursday to see if anyone wants to submit any rankings. If not, I'll try to start the ranking this weekend.

Finally, on an unrelated note, Happy Birthday to Haley Scarnato! 😊 🎂

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Crisis said:

Yeah, I'll just sit back and enjoy the chaos that is sure to come. :giggle: It is unfortunate, but it is what it is. Admittedly, I tried to do the same thing in S6 in retaliation to what happened in S5. I tried to cut some of the more popular performances but was unable to do much damage. Maybe in hindsight it was for the best. I may not be cut out for these type of things. I'm pretty sure I'll sit out S8; however, I have to see where I'll go from there after that. One of the positive things about S5 is that no one went after Elliott too badly, so he was able to escape unscathed. It really was nice they went along with it. Unfortunately, her performance finished last in the finals, but I expected that to happen. I was just happy I was able to get one of her performances there. I hope you did get the Country Comfort reference and am happy to see you watched another two episodes.

Absolutely not. :lmao: I would probably no longer post here because I would drop dead on sight if she were to have a twin or clone. :dead:

Reveal hidden contents

The clues can be tricky if someone isn't familiar with the person. At the same time, I don't want to make them too easy. Yeah, I don't get why she added it to her name. I think the reason Prince changed his name is because his old label owned the rights to his music under the Prince name; therefore, he changed it so any music created under that name would be his. It was only after he left the label that he started recording and performing under Prince again. I'm glad to see you do. :haha: I didn't say anything negative about blondes this time; I've been trying to be good about it. 😇 Oh, I see the point about mainstream and R&B radio. A Tribe Called Quest was a hip-hop/rap group that was mostly active in the early 90s and Check The Rhime was one of their songs. That quote is unfortunate considering many artists were screwed over or negatively impacted by their record labels.

Yeah, at least it's not ten years or something *cough* Sade *cough* (J/K, I'm still a huge fan :haha:). 

Who knows, maybe she'll review something you have read in the future. I haven't watched the whole video myself, so I need to put some time aside to do so. :haha: It is cool she's had opportunities to do so. :yes:

I was going to post another Zac gif or picture but decided to mix things up. :giggle:

I'll go ahead and post what I'll try to do some time this week:

Reveal hidden contents

I will create a fan thread for her. At first I was hesitant because I felt I would be the only one posting in it. However, I remembered one of the main rules about fan threads is no flames or negative posts are allowed. It'll allow me to talk about her without having to worry about any negativity. Unfortunately, I read some negative things about her in my S19 thread but did my best not to react to it. I'll try to make this fan thread different from the others. Instead of just talking about any future projects, I'll have topics such as discussing her Idol performances, her Idol looks, her past projects, and other things.

Tomorrow, I'll post the performances and see if anyone wants to help me rank them. It'll be similar to the other topics in which posters submit their rankings.

Enjoy. :lmao:  Yeah, I understand all this. :( I am definitely not that type either and get really scared to do it, although in my very first rankdown ever (which was a full-length one), I made a big cut in the final cuts portion prior to top 20. I could never feel so bold again. :dead:  As far as rankings, I would always just do my honest opinion unless someone asked for a placement deal. Makes sense to wait and see how things go. I kind of get that with Elliott as I don't really know anyone who would be so against him, although he could also be seen as a threat, but more of a silent one. :giggle: Ahh yeah, I get that, but I'm glad you were happy to get her in there. ❤️ I did and I'm sure the reference was to LeeAnn "freakin'" Rimes. :lmao: 

Nooooo. :dead:  Maybe you would be super happy and post even more often to share your excitement. :giggle: 

That is very true. I just like them easy enough for me to solve. :giggle: Understandable about Prince! Thanks for sharing that insight. :yes: lol thanks. :giggle: Awww I know and was only kidding. :blushingwave: I just hope you don't hate me because I'm blonde. :dead: (another joke) I do like R&B music though! Ahh I see. It was certainly a mouthful, but I still love when you pull out quotes like that. :haha: Ugh yes, I know it. :( 

So true and I was thinking of how you talked about that too. :haha::( 

That would be fun! Haha looks like we both need to take a moment (or 25) for that. :giggle: 

omg :shock:  I certainly wouldn't have complained. :ph34rwave: But I love them both. :wub: 

Ahh, I kind of wondered about that. 😮  I get the feeling of being the only one and have been there with threads I've made. :( It's sad but you can still do it and hope more people will join in at some point. Oh and of course there is no negativity allowed! If someone does that, just let me know and I can moderate the situation. Ugh, I'm sorry people did that in your other thread. :( It's frustrating how people can be. :broken:  That is such a fun idea and definitely will help engage other posters!

😄  

7 hours ago, Crisis said:

Here are all of the Disney performances to my knowledge:

S16

Maddie Poppe - The Bare Necessities

Jurnee - How Far I'll Go

Cade Foehner - Kiss The Girl

Ada Vox - Circle Of Life

Michelle Sussett - Remember Me

Gabby Barrett - Colors Of The Wind

Michael J. Woodard - Beauty And The Beast

Caleb Lee Hutchinson - You've Got A Friend In Me

Catie Turner - Once Upon A Dream

Dennis Lorenzo - Can You Feel The Love Tonight

S17

Uche - I 2 I

Laci Kaye Booth - I See The Light

Alejandro Aranda - Remember Me

Alyssa Raghu - Colors Of The Wind

Wade Cota - You've Got A Friend In Me

Dimitrius Graham - You'll Be In My Heart

Walker Burroughs - When She Loved Me

Madison VanDenburg - How Far I'll Go

Laine Hardy - Oo-De-Lally

Jeremiah Lloyd Harmon - Candle On The Water

S18

Arthur Gunn - Kiss The Girl

Just Sam - A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes

Jonny West - Almost There

Louis Knight - Can You Feel The Love Tonight

Julia Gargano - Beauty And The Beast

Francisco Martin - You'll Be In My Heart

Dillon James - Our Town

S19

Caleb Kennedy - Real Gone

Willie Spence - Circle Of Life

Deshawn Goncalves -When You Wish Upon A Star

Casey Bishop - When She Loved Me

Chayce Beckham - Baby Mine

Alyssa Wray - A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes

Arthur Gunn - Remember Me

Cassandra Coleman - Go The Distance

Hunter Metts - You'll Be In My Heart

Grace Kinstler - Into The Unknown

There are 37 performances if I counted correctly. As mentioned, I'll wait until Thursday to see if anyone wants to submit any rankings. If not, I'll try to start the ranking this weekend.

Finally, on an unrelated note, Happy Birthday to Haley Scarnato! 😊 🎂

Happy birthday, Haley! 😄 :party: 

Thanks for the list of performances! I wonder how many I can rank off the top of my head. :dead: I'll give it a try and let you know.  Also going to tag @Bk1234 to see if they would like to participate. ❤️ 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, miss denise said:

Enjoy. :lmao:  Yeah, I understand all this. :( I am definitely not that type either and get really scared to do it, although in my very first rankdown ever (which was a full-length one), I made a big cut in the final cuts portion prior to top 20. I could never feel so bold again. :dead:  As far as rankings, I would always just do my honest opinion unless someone asked for a placement deal. Makes sense to wait and see how things go. I kind of get that with Elliott as I don't really know anyone who would be so against him, although he could also be seen as a threat, but more of a silent one. :giggle: Ahh yeah, I get that, but I'm glad you were happy to get her in there. ❤️ I did and I'm sure the reference was to LeeAnn "freakin'" Rimes. :lmao: 

Nooooo. :dead:  Maybe you would be super happy and post even more often to share your excitement. :giggle: 

Hide contents

That is very true. I just like them easy enough for me to solve. :giggle: Understandable about Prince! Thanks for sharing that insight. :yes: lol thanks. :giggle: Awww I know and was only kidding. :blushingwave: I just hope you don't hate me because I'm blonde. :dead: (another joke) I do like R&B music though! Ahh I see. It was certainly a mouthful, but I still love when you pull out quotes like that. :haha: Ugh yes, I know it. :( 

So true and I was thinking of how you talked about that too. :haha::( 

That would be fun! Haha looks like we both need to take a moment (or 25) for that. :giggle: 

omg :shock:  I certainly wouldn't have complained. :ph34rwave: But I love them both. :wub: 

Hide contents

Ahh, I kind of wondered about that. 😮  I get the feeling of being the only one and have been there with threads I've made. :( It's sad but you can still do it and hope more people will join in at some point. Oh and of course there is no negativity allowed! If someone does that, just let me know and I can moderate the situation. Ugh, I'm sorry people did that in your other thread. :( It's frustrating how people can be. :broken:  That is such a fun idea and definitely will help engage other posters!

😄  

Haha, I completely understand about the fear of doing something of that magnitude, especially with the potential reactions. I was intimidated to send Haley's performance to the finals but got past that fear and did it anyway. I'm the same with my rankings, although I don't think there's been any deals made in this mini-rankdown. Yeah, and I'll probably stay away from that thread during my break. I don't think he has too many detractors, at least nowhere near as many as Chris and Katharine. :haha: Yeah, me too. ❤️ Yep, that was the reference, although I misquoted it! :giggle:

I would share my excitement assuming I survive the original shock. :dead:

It's a struggle to find a balance for the clues. I want to make people think but at the same not give up in frustration. I don't think anyone understood what Prince was doing at the time when he changed his name; it was thought as Prince being Prince. :haha: Does this mean I can go back to making blonde jokes? If so, that could be a dangerous thing. :giggle: Don't worry, I could never hate you. :haha: I did say I have a few exceptions. Nice to see you like R&B music. I mainly like the older R&B though I don't mind some of the current music. I figured it was a great time to pull out another music quote. :haha: Yeah. :(

Ugh, it can be so frustrating at times. :/ :haha:

Yes, we could spare 25 moments to finish that video. :haha:

I'll keep that in mind. :giggle: I'll see if there's another crush I can post. It'll probably be a while though.

I'll go ahead and do it! Hopefully I'll have it up some time this week. I noticed that and wished I could help out some. :( At the very least it will help those who are fans but may not post for some reason be up to date as to what may be going on with them. Thank you for this; I hope there won't be any times I do have to reach out and have the thread moderated. To be honest, it's been kind of rough being a fan for the past few months although I try to remain positive and not let the negativity get to me. With that said, I hope there will be some other posters to talk about Katharine with. 🤞

10 hours ago, miss denise said:

Thanks for the list of performances! I wonder how many I can rank off the top of my head. :dead: I'll give it a try and let you know.  Also going to tag @Bk1234 to see if they would like to participate. ❤️ 

Don't worry if you can't rank them all. Any effort and amount will be appreciated. :yes: It appears Bk may be interested in this topic. :haha:

I see you commented in my TMS thread. I'll try to reply to that during my lunch break. :yes:

3 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Let’s not forget about this gem. 🙃

I was thinking about only doing the performances from the Disney themes. However, I'm open to other performances of Disney songs. The tricky part would be to find all of them.

Edited by Crisis

Just now, Crisis said:
3 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

I was thinking about only doing the performances from the Disney themes. However, I'm open to other performances of Disney songs. The tricky part would be to find all of them.

Yeah, we should just do that to make it easier.

• Like 1

I'll respond properly later but I am rewatching the performances to familiarize myself enough to rank them. :giggle: @Crisis

The S16 show was really so good! I'm sure that was my favorite of the four nights with the Disney theme, although the other seasons had some great performances too. Anyway, I hope to have my ranking to you soon within the next couple days. ^_^ 

• Thanks 1

On 6/16/2021 at 7:27 AM, Crisis said:

Haha, I completely understand about the fear of doing something of that magnitude, especially with the potential reactions. I was intimidated to send Haley's performance to the finals but got past that fear and did it anyway. I'm the same with my rankings, although I don't think there's been any deals made in this mini-rankdown. Yeah, and I'll probably stay away from that thread during my break. I don't think he has too many detractors, at least nowhere near as many as Chris and Katharine. :haha: Yeah, me too. ❤️ Yep, that was the reference, although I misquoted it! :giggle:

I would share my excitement assuming I survive the original shock. :dead:

Reveal hidden contents

It's a struggle to find a balance for the clues. I want to make people think but at the same not give up in frustration. I don't think anyone understood what Prince was doing at the time when he changed his name; it was thought as Prince being Prince. :haha: Does this mean I can go back to making blonde jokes? If so, that could be a dangerous thing. :giggle: Don't worry, I could never hate you. :haha: I did say I have a few exceptions. Nice to see you like R&B music. I mainly like the older R&B though I don't mind some of the current music. I figured it was a great time to pull out another music quote. :haha: Yeah. :(

Ugh, it can be so frustrating at times. :/ :haha:

Yes, we could spare 25 moments to finish that video. :haha:

I'll keep that in mind. :giggle: I'll see if there's another crush I can post. It'll probably be a while though.

Reveal hidden contents

I'll go ahead and do it! Hopefully I'll have it up some time this week. I noticed that and wished I could help out some. :( At the very least it will help those who are fans but may not post for some reason be up to date as to what may be going on with them. Thank you for this; I hope there won't be any times I do have to reach out and have the thread moderated. To be honest, it's been kind of rough being a fan for the past few months although I try to remain positive and not let the negativity get to me. With that said, I hope there will be some other posters to talk about Katharine with. 🤞

Don't worry if you can't rank them all. Any effort and amount will be appreciated. :yes: It appears Bk may be interested in this topic. :haha:

Yeah, I don't know how I managed to do that the first time. :lmao: It's not as bad with saving what I want, but I don't want to anger people with cuts. Yeah, it probably doesn't happen as much in the mini games, although I do remember it happening a bit in one of them I played. Understandable. That makes sense, but I'm a fan of all three. :giggle: Hahaha yes, I saw it right away! That's okay. :teeheewave: 

You must survive. 😮 The Nicoles will be looking for you. 😮 

I understand. :( lol probably true about Prince. Nooo, not nice to judge someone for their hair color. :broken: And I was an A student. :wub: Thank you. :hug: You have a few blondes that you don't hate? 😮  Ah yes, I understand that about new vs. old music. It was. :haha: 

:( :hug:  

Exactly. :lmao: 

Haha yay. :giggle:  That's fine. There's a lot going on at the moment! 

Yay! Oh, you noticed my dead threads. 😢 :dead: I just keep posting anyway and have a party for one. :dead:  That is true and maybe people do look without posting. :haha: I hope not either but I am here, if so. :hug:  Ugh, I am so sorry and know what you mean... :( I try to stay out of anything politic and don't want to judge anyone based on stereotypes of a certain "type" of person, if that makes sense. I understand it's tough seeing how people take it and say things. :closedeyes: I'm sure there will be. She has tons of fans, but sometimes negative comments are louder than positive ones, which is unfortunate. But she is loved and I know people who are fans. ❤️ 

Thank you, but I am putting in my best effort. :kissbye:  Haha some of these I really did not remember well enough to rank, so I'm glad I rewatched. My ranking is just about done so I'll send it over shortly. And yes! I had a feeling. 😄 

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, miss denise said:

Yeah, I don't know how I managed to do that the first time. :lmao: It's not as bad with saving what I want, but I don't want to anger people with cuts. Yeah, it probably doesn't happen as much in the mini games, although I do remember it happening a bit in one of them I played. Understandable. That makes sense, but I'm a fan of all three. :giggle: Hahaha yes, I saw it right away! That's okay. :teeheewave: 

You must survive. 😮 The Nicoles will be looking for you. 😮 

Hide contents

I understand. :( lol probably true about Prince. Nooo, not nice to judge someone for their hair color. :broken: And I was an A student. :wub: Thank you. :hug: You have a few blondes that you don't hate? 😮  Ah yes, I understand that about new vs. old music. It was. :haha:  

Haha yay. :giggle:  That's fine. There's a lot going on at the moment! 

Hide contents

Yay! Oh, you noticed my dead threads. 😢 :dead: I just keep posting anyway and have a party for one. :dead:  That is true and maybe people do look without posting. :haha: I hope not either but I am here, if so. :hug:  Ugh, I am so sorry and know what you mean... :( I try to stay out of anything politic and don't want to judge anyone based on stereotypes of a certain "type" of person, if that makes sense. I understand it's tough seeing how people take it and say things. :closedeyes: I'm sure there will be. She has tons of fans, but sometimes negative comments are louder than positive ones, which is unfortunate. But she is loved and I know people who are fans. ❤️ 

Thank you, but I am putting in my best effort. :kissbye:  Haha some of these I really did not remember well enough to rank, so I'm glad I rewatched. My ranking is just about done so I'll send it over shortly. And yes! I had a feeling. 😄 

Was it one of the earlier rankdowns? If so, the newness may have had something to do with it (if not completely disregard this sentence, LOL). I pretty much try to save what I want and go for the potentially least controversial cuts unless a huge favorite of mine is cut or one of my favorites is deliberately targeted. That may be true about deals in the mini games. I'm a fan of all three as well. :yes: That would've been my ideal Top 3 that season (no offense to Taylor though I don't dislike him). I would've had Chris placed third and this may be a shock, but I would've had Elliott win because I felt he would've benefited more from the victory than Chris or Katharine. If it were a Kat/Elliott finale, I would've voted mostly for Elliott. Nice to see you saw it right away! Unfortunately, I don't think anyone else got it; it means they need to watch Country Comfort! Maybe it'll get another season if more people watch it.

The Nicoles looking for me sound like both a good and bad thing. :dead:

Glad to see you do. But how else am I supposed to judge people? 😢 :lmao: Great to see you were an A student. :yes: You're welcome. 🤗 It seems funny, but I do. I may or may not have another crush who is blonde. It won't be the next one, but there's a possibility it could be the one after. 🤔 Maybe other opportunities will arise when I can use them.

Glad to see you understand! 😄

Yeah, but look at it this way: you're doing a great service whether you think so or not. :yes: This will probably be me although it looks like Bk may be active there. Once again, thank you. 🤗 Unless it something completely egregious, I try to do the same regarding politics and any other things. I have family and friends who I butt heads with on some issues, but we still love and support each other. Unfortunately, I did have to abandon some people I was a fan of because of their actions. :( I would be absolutely devastated if I had to do so with Katharine; here's hoping it never comes to that. 🤞 From the looks of the list istersay posted in her fan thread, she did appear to have a lot of fans. :omg: True about the negative comments being louder and more prominent than the positive ones. Maybe the people you know will stumble across the thread and talk about her there. :haha:

I noticed! :haha: I have to re-watch the performances myself to see where I would rank them. With that said, the ones I'm pretty sure about are my Top 2 and Bottom 3. I'm going to work on the new thread a little more and my next set of Masked Singer rankings before starting this one. That should be enough time for anyone else who wants to submit any rankings.

Edited by Crisis

For the Disney Performances Ranking, the deadline for any ranking submissions is Thursday, June 24, 2021 at 9:00 PST. I hope to get that ranking started the following Friday or Saturday. 

15 hours ago, miss denise said:

Reminder to self to catch up in here. ❤️

Have there been any other rankings besides mine? 😮 

No worries. 🤗

As of right now, you're the only one who submitted anything. The deadline is tonight, so we'll see what happens.

On another note, I may start one of the threads I talked about a page or two ago this weekend.

2 hours ago, Crisis said:

No worries. 🤗

As of right now, you're the only one who submitted anything. The deadline is tonight, so we'll see what happens.

On another note, I may start one of the threads I talked about a page or two ago this weekend.

Oh wow, my power. 😮 :giggle:  @Bk1234 Tagging you just in case you meant to participate as well? ❤️ If not, ignore me. 😢 😛 

Oooh, very curious. 😮 

On 6/18/2021 at 12:37 PM, Crisis said:

Was it one of the earlier rankdowns? If so, the newness may have had something to do with it (if not completely disregard this sentence, LOL). I pretty much try to save what I want and go for the potentially least controversial cuts unless a huge favorite of mine is cut or one of my favorites is deliberately targeted. That may be true about deals in the mini games. I'm a fan of all three as well. :yes: That would've been my ideal Top 3 that season (no offense to Taylor though I don't dislike him). I would've had Chris placed third and this may be a shock, but I would've had Elliott win because I felt he would've benefited more from the victory than Chris or Katharine. If it were a Kat/Elliott finale, I would've voted mostly for Elliott. Nice to see you saw it right away! Unfortunately, I don't think anyone else got it; it means they need to watch Country Comfort! Maybe it'll get another season if more people watch it.

The Nicoles looking for me sound like both a good and bad thing. :dead:

Reveal hidden contents

Glad to see you do. But how else am I supposed to judge people? 😢 :lmao: Great to see you were an A student. :yes: You're welcome. 🤗 It seems funny, but I do. I may or may not have another crush who is blonde. It won't be the next one, but there's a possibility it could be the one after. 🤔 Maybe other opportunities will arise when I can use them.

Glad to see you understand! 😄

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah, but look at it this way: you're doing a great service whether you think so or not. :yes: This will probably be me although it looks like Bk may be active there. Once again, thank you. 🤗 Unless it something completely egregious, I try to do the same regarding politics and any other things. I have family and friends who I butt heads with on some issues, but we still love and support each other. Unfortunately, I did have to abandon some people I was a fan of because of their actions. :( I would be absolutely devastated if I had to do so with Katharine; here's hoping it never comes to that. 🤞 From the looks of the list istersay posted in her fan thread, she did appear to have a lot of fans. :omg: True about the negative comments being louder and more prominent than the positive ones. Maybe the people you know will stumble across the thread and talk about her there. :haha:

I noticed! :haha: I have to re-watch the performances myself to see where I would rank them. With that said, the ones I'm pretty sure about are my Top 2 and Bottom 3. I'm going to work on the new thread a little more and my next set of Masked Singer rankings before starting this one. That should be enough time for anyone else who wants to submit any rankings.

It was a couple years ago, but rankdowns had been going on for some time before I joined. I can't say how long though, but I wouldn't say it was one of the earliest ones. :haha:  Yes, this is the same thing that I do. That would have been a great top three as well and of course, I also prefer Chris to Taylor. :haha: Aww that's so nice you would have wanted Elliott to win and I am surprised you would have voted for him over Kat. 😮  It's interesting to imagine if that result happened. Haha yes, it does mean they need to watch! Oh, it hasn't been renewed yet? I hope it is.

It was only meant to be a good thing. :dead: 

Maybe not at all. 😮  LOL the A-student comment looks so random, but I hope you got (and am sure you did) that I said that in defense of being a "dumb blonde."  Us blondes are just like everyone else. 😢  Ooh.... very curious to see who this is. I'm sure more times will come up. :giggle: 

❤️ 

Aww thank you. ❤️ That's great! You're welcome. :hug: Same for me and I have family and friends with different views as well. It's sad how people judge someone just by one fact about them. It's not always so black and white. :(  Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that. I don't think you will have to. ❤️ I saw that! Those were the days when fan threads were so active. 😢 It's sad but true. And yes, maybe so. :wub: 

Haha yay! :giggle: I enjoyed it and now I'll be able to better comment... although I'll still probably not have much to say. :dead:  But at least I'll remember my thoughts. Oooh okay. :shiftywave: 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, miss denise said:

Oh wow, my power. 😮 :giggle:  @Bk1234 Tagging you just in case you meant to participate as well? ❤️ If not, ignore me. 😢 😛 

Oooh, very curious. 😮 

Yes,the power is strong. :haha: The clock is ticking. If nothing is submitted, it'll just be the two of us. We'll make it work somehow.

If I'm not too busy, I may go ahead and create the thread tonight. I'm still working on and am almost finished with the opening post. Does anyone remember which two subjects I talked about? If so, which thread does anyone think I'll create?

4 hours ago, miss denise said:

It was a couple years ago, but rankdowns had been going on for some time before I joined. I can't say how long though, but I wouldn't say it was one of the earliest ones. :haha:  Yes, this is the same thing that I do. That would have been a great top three as well and of course, I also prefer Chris to Taylor. :haha: Aww that's so nice you would have wanted Elliott to win and I am surprised you would have voted for him over Kat. 😮  It's interesting to imagine if that result happened. Haha yes, it does mean they need to watch! Oh, it hasn't been renewed yet? I hope it is.

It was only meant to be a good thing. :dead: 

Hide contents

Maybe not at all. 😮  LOL the A-student comment looks so random, but I hope you got (and am sure you did) that I said that in defense of being a "dumb blonde."  Us blondes are just like everyone else. 😢  Ooh.... very curious to see who this is. I'm sure more times will come up. :giggle: 

❤️ 

Hide contents

Aww thank you. ❤️ That's great! You're welcome. :hug: Same for me and I have family and friends with different views as well. It's sad how people judge someone just by one fact about them. It's not always so black and white. :(  Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that. I don't think you will have to. ❤️ I saw that! Those were the days when fan threads were so active. 😢 It's sad but true. And yes, maybe so. :wub: 

Haha yay! :giggle: I enjoyed it and now I'll be able to better comment... although I'll still probably not have much to say. :dead:  But at least I'll remember my thoughts. Oooh okay. :shiftywave: 

I take it this was before joining any rankdowns and not the thread because I don't remember anything like them during the early IDF days. :haha: Once again, it appears great minds think alike, in both how we approach rankdowns and our preferred Top 3 of that season! Yes, that would've been the only scenario in which I would've voted for anyone other than Katharine. As I mentioned, I thought Elliott would've benefited the most from the win, though at the same time I worried about him working with someone like Clive Davis. He would've epitomized what the creators wanted Idol to be: an undiscovered talent who may not have had the opportunities to have a career. It would've been great to see him stand victorious on stage. I thought Chris and Katharine would've been fine without the title, especially Chris because he was able to get signed and do his own thing. Also, I think Taylor would've been better off not winning. I want to say more about the show, but I'll just say I hope it gets renewed as well.

Oh, OK. :lmao: :dead:

Maybe. I figured that was what you were referring to when you mentioned you were an A-student. I don't doubt they are. I understand what it's like to be judged based on appearances (I know you're joking, but I just wanted to put that out there). I try not to be too bad about it, but I know there are people who may not take it that way. I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. :giggle: Let's hope so. :haha:

You're welcome! 🤗 It is, but what can be done. With that said, I understand the disappointment; in fact, I was very disappointed with her myself when it broke out. Obviously, I still adore the living daylights out of her, but that was not a good look at all; to be honest, it still hurts reading things about it. I have lines that are non-negotiable if anyone crosses them, and unfortunately that's what happened with the people I stopped caring about. I sincerely hope so; she hasn't crossed any of those lines thus far. On to more positive things about her, I'm happy to see you checked out the thread! It is still clearly a work in progress, but I'm doing all I can to make it the best possible. I do remember her having one of the largest and most active sections in old IDF; I wonder if those will ever come back outside of Scotty's. Here's hoping it does. I have an idea with what I want to do with it, but I'm going to work on a few other things first.

Well, that's better than nothing! :lmao: I still have a few more performances to watch before I'm ready to start the ranking. :yes:

Edited by Crisis

On 6/24/2021 at 1:54 PM, Crisis said:

Yes,the power is strong. :haha: The clock is ticking. If nothing is submitted, it'll just be the two of us. We'll make it work somehow.

If I'm not too busy, I may go ahead and create the thread tonight. I'm still working on and am almost finished with the opening post. Does anyone remember which two subjects I talked about? If so, which thread does anyone think I'll create?

I take it this was before joining any rankdowns and not the thread because I don't remember anything like them during the early IDF days. :haha: Once again, it appears great minds think alike, in both how we approach rankdowns and our preferred Top 3 of that season! Yes, that would've been the only scenario in which I would've voted for anyone other than Katharine. As I mentioned, I thought Elliott would've benefited the most from the win, though at the same time I worried about him working with someone like Clive Davis. He would've epitomized what the creators wanted Idol to be: an undiscovered talent who may not have had the opportunities to have a career. It would've been great to see him stand victorious on stage. I thought Chris and Katharine would've been fine without the title, especially Chris because he was able to get signed and do his own thing. Also, I think Taylor would've been better off not winning. I want to say more about the show, but I'll just say I hope it gets renewed as well.

Oh, OK. :lmao: :dead:

Reveal hidden contents

Maybe. I figured that was what you were referring to when you mentioned you were an A-student. I don't doubt they are. I understand what it's like to be judged based on appearances (I know you're joking, but I just wanted to put that out there). I try not to be too bad about it, but I know there are people who may not take it that way. I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. :giggle: Let's hope so. :haha:

Reveal hidden contents

You're welcome! 🤗 It is, but what can be done. With that said, I understand the disappointment; in fact, I was very disappointed with her myself when it broke out. Obviously, I still adore the living daylights out of her, but that was not a good look at all; to be honest, it still hurts reading things about it. I have lines that are non-negotiable if anyone crosses them, and unfortunately that's what happened with the people I stopped caring about. I sincerely hope so; she hasn't crossed any of those lines thus far. On to more positive things about her, I'm happy to see you checked out the thread! It is still clearly a work in progress, but I'm doing all I can to make it the best possible. I do remember her having one of the largest and most active sections in old IDF; I wonder if those will ever come back outside of Scotty's. Here's hoping it does. I have an idea with what I want to do with it, but I'm going to work on a few other things first.

Well, that's better than nothing! :lmao: I still have a few more performances to watch before I'm ready to start the ranking. :yes:

Yikes, I wasn't ready for my ranking to take up half the average, but let's see what damage I caused. :dead: 

Ooooh. 😮 Ugh, I can't really remember... I remember something about... something. :lmao::dead: 

Oh yes, I meant rankdowns were going on for awhile before I played in one, not joined IDF. :dead:  That was over a decade difference. :dead:  Ahh yay! Oh, I don't know my overall preferred Top 3, but I would have preferred that one over the actual one. :haha:  I understand and it makes sense. ❤️ An Elliott victory would have been so sweet and special to see. All good points. Aww, yes I do hope so.

😛 

Haha yeah. I'll also throw in that I graduated cum laude from my university. :giggle: Okay, now I'm done.  It's such a sad stereotype...  And I'm sorry about that for you too. :hug: This is true. I will be waiting to cross that bridge. :shiftywave: 

True. :( Aww I'm sorry to hear that. I understand but I also understand it's complicated and I don't think I could judge or assume to know everything about a person's views based on one thing (unless there was more I didn't hear about).  I see. :(  I did and I can already tell you're putting a lot into it! That reminds me of a bunch of threads I created in the music forum that I filled out completely with their discographies, music videos, and all that. :haha:  I was posting regular updates from social media in them all too but it became too much. :lmao:  I should probably go back because they're a bit abandoned now. But anyway, yes, I like what I've seen so far. :yes:  That's right, she did. 😮 Ugh, I don't know. :(  I miss the days when the Top 12 would be announced and we'd all be so excited to get the individual contestant sub-forums. 😢 Ooh okay, you certainly have a lot to keep you busy. :haha: 

Okay. :giggle: Yay!

Posted (edited)
On 6/26/2021 at 8:42 AM, miss denise said:

Yikes, I wasn't ready for my ranking to take up half the average, but let's see what damage I caused. :dead: 

Ooooh. 😮 Ugh, I can't really remember... I remember something about... something. :lmao::dead: 

Oh yes, I meant rankdowns were going on for awhile before I played in one, not joined IDF. :dead:  That was over a decade difference. :dead:  Ahh yay! Oh, I don't know my overall preferred Top 3, but I would have preferred that one over the actual one. :haha:  I understand and it makes sense. ❤️ An Elliott victory would have been so sweet and special to see. All good points. Aww, yes I do hope so.

Hide contents

Haha yeah. I'll also throw in that I graduated cum laude from my university. :giggle: Okay, now I'm done.  It's such a sad stereotype...  And I'm sorry about that for you too. :hug: This is true. I will be waiting to cross that bridge. :shiftywave: 

Hide contents

True. :( Aww I'm sorry to hear that. I understand but I also understand it's complicated and I don't think I could judge or assume to know everything about a person's views based on one thing (unless there was more I didn't hear about).  I see. :(  I did and I can already tell you're putting a lot into it! That reminds me of a bunch of threads I created in the music forum that I filled out completely with their discographies, music videos, and all that. :haha:  I was posting regular updates from social media in them all too but it became too much. :lmao:  I should probably go back because they're a bit abandoned now. But anyway, yes, I like what I've seen so far. :yes:  That's right, she did. 😮 Ugh, I don't know. :(  I miss the days when the Top 12 would be announced and we'd all be so excited to get the individual contestant sub-forums. 😢 Ooh okay, you certainly have a lot to keep you busy. :haha: 

Okay. :giggle: Yay!

We'll see. :giggle: I'm just now getting to the write-ups. I thought about posting the rankings then adding the write-ups later; in fact, I may go ahead and do that. I probably do it after work.

After thinking about it, I'll hold off on the new thread for a while. I want to finish my Masked Singer Ranking before creating it at the very least.

I thought so. :haha: Oh, OK about the Top 3. It would've been a great thing to see Elliott winning it all, especially considering where he started. :yes:

* Cues graduation music *
:giggle:

Despite my jokes, it is. On the flip side, Dolly Parton has made a legendary career based on the stereotype, so it could be used to one's advantage. :haha: Thanks. Maybe that bridge will be erected after the Disney rankings...

Yeah. :( As you know, I can be really protective of Katharine (she, Haley S., and Brooke are the main three), but I couldn't bring myself to defend her there. What's even more disappointing is she hasn't said anything about it since the news broke out. I sincerely hope she does some day. I don't think there's anything more to the story than that (at least I hope not). As for her thread, I haven't been able to work on it as much as I wanted the past few days, but I'll see if I can do so soon. Yes, I can see the effort that is put in those threads. :yes: Maybe you should get back to them. Happy to see you like what you saw so far! Maybe a post or two could be in the future. :shiftywave: (I'm joking; you don't have to) :haha: Yeah, the Top 12 having their own sub-forums was nice, especially for the more unpopular contestants. I remember most of Sanjaya's fans mostly stayed in his own sub-forum because he was being bashed left and right in the general section. Yeah, so much to do, so little time. 😢 :haha:

As you can see, I haven't been good at keeping my schedule. :dead: I'll just say I'll get to them when I can. :dead:

Edited by Crisis

Disney-Castle-88200.gif&f=1&nofb=1

Time for the first set!

37. Julia Gargano - Beauty and the Beast

Overall Rank: 37.00

Personal Rank: 37

Because I'm lazy and recycling is good for the soul, I'll use my write-up from the Worst of the Favorite ranking for this performance:

Julia was a rather polarizing contestant during S18, though not as polarizing as say Arthur. It seemed as if she was either liked or disliked without much in between. For me, she was my third favorite S18 contestant. She has a really nice tone to her voice when she’s within a certain range. The problem was she was perhaps the most inconsistent contestant due to her alternating between good and bad performances. Her worst performance of the season was undoubtedly Beauty and the Beast. First, the arrangement sounded like something that can be heard in a shady nightclub, plus it lacked the serenity the original had if that makes sense. In addition, it forced Julia to start too low, which is where she got herself in trouble. It appeared as if Julia was competing against the arrangement rather than becoming one with it. As a result, the performance sounded disjointed and lacked cohesiveness. If there was a positive, at least she tried to channel Belle with her hair and yellow dress (what do you know, another one :lmao:). I wouldn’t have minded if Julia were in the finale; however, despite rebounding with Sweetest Devotion later that evening, her rendition of Beauty and the Beast pretty much killed her chances of getting there.

36. Alejandro Aranda - Remember Me

Overall Ranking: 34.50

Personal Rank: 35

Alejandro’s Remember Me is the first of the three renditions of the song to appear. The positive thing I’ll say about it is that he tried to convey the feeling of the song in his own style. Unfortunately, it wasn’t vocally there. There were parts where he strained to hit the notes and his breath control was lacking. Overall, I thought it was the weakest performance of the night and the weakest of the three versions, so I don't mind it being the first to appear in the ranking.

35. Wade Cota - You've Got A Friend In Me

Overall Ranking: 31.50

Personal Rank: 32

I’ll say this was a charming performance, and Wade appeared to be having fun. I even liked the touch of having Andy’s name on the bottom of his boot. However, I have never been a fan of his voice, which unfortunately makes it difficult for me to enjoy anything he sings. This performance was no different. With that said, I don’t think he hit any bad notes and he wasn’t the worst of the night. Despite that, YGAFIM is still near the bottom as far as Disney performances are concerned.

T-33. DeShawn Goncalves - When You Wish Upon A Star

Overall Ranking: 31.00

Personal Rank: 30

When You Wish Upon A Star is such a classic and recognizable tune, so it is difficult to pull off a different version of it. DeShawn tried to do just that, but it just didn’t work. Turning it into a more jazzy type routine was interesting; however, it came across as a cruise ship performance from the arrangement, wardrobe, and overall presentation. Unfortunately, this was not one of my favorite Disney performances which is too bad because I really wanted him to do well.

T-33. Cassandra Coleman - Go The Distance

Overall Ranking: 31.00

Personal Rank: 26

Speaking of someone I wanted to do well from S19. I’ll admit I raised an eyebrow when Cassandra picked this song. Go The Distance is one of my favorite Disney songs, and I was hoping someone would sing it one of these seasons. I just didn’t expect it to be Cassandra. For starters, she certainly looked the part. The arrangement sounded like something from Florence + The Machine; however, I thought it overpowered Cassandra at times. Furthermore, Cassandra is not a power singer, yet the arrangement forced her to try to become one. As a result, her vocals were uneven throughout the performance. With that said, it wasn’t the worst but not one I can justify ranking high.

32. Cade Foehner - Kiss The Girl

Overall Ranking: 30.00

Personal Rank: 33

I always think Kiss The Girl is one of the most charming Disney songs, so it was unexpected to see Cade do it because it doesn’t seem to suit his rock style. He tried to make it more rock; however, I think he fell short. Cade’s enunciation was off (which was a problem for him all season), and the growls seemed to be out of place. I will say he did a great job on the long note towards the end. Having said that, it’s my least favorite rendition of the song and not one of my overall favorite Disney performances.

31. Ada Vox - Circle Of Life

Overall Ranking: 29.50

Personal Rank: 34

I remember there were some people who wanted Ada to sing Poor Unfortunate Souls complete with an Ursula-like outfit. I would've loved to see it. However, she sang this Lion King classic, and it did not work out. Ada’s biggest problem was she got really screechy and off-key when she tried to belt, and it was no different in this performance. In addition, this song should evoke some powerful emotion if done properly; once again Ada fell short. One positive thing I will say is that she gave a nice effort. Having said that, I thought this was the worst performance of the night, edging out Cade. However, it finished a spot higher here.

On 6/27/2021 at 10:16 PM, Crisis said:

Ugh, I got super busy this weekend and was hardly online.

Denise, I'll reply to your post tomorrow and hopefully will start the ranking soon.

Don't worry. :hug: That's been me this whole week and this upcoming weekend too. :duh: :haha: 

On 6/28/2021 at 1:51 PM, Crisis said:

We'll see. :giggle: I'm just now getting to the write-ups. I thought about posting the rankings then adding the write-ups later; in fact, I may go ahead and do that. I probably do it after work.

After thinking about it, I'll hold off on the new thread for a while. I want to finish my Masked Singer Ranking before creating it at the very least.

I thought so. :haha: Oh, OK about the Top 3. It would've been a great thing to see Elliott winning it all, especially considering where he started. :yes:

Reveal hidden contents

* Cues graduation music *
:giggle:

Despite my jokes, it is. On the flip side, Dolly Parton has made a legendary career based on the stereotype, so it could be used to one's advantage. :haha: Thanks. Maybe that bridge will be erected after the Disney rankings...

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah. :( As you know, I can be really protective of Katharine (she, Haley S., and Brooke are the main three), but I couldn't bring myself to defend her there. What's even more disappointing is she hasn't said anything about it since the news broke out. I sincerely hope she does some day. I don't think there's anything more to the story than that (at least I hope not). As for her thread, I haven't been able to work on it as much as I wanted the past few days, but I'll see if I can do so soon. Yes, I can see the effort that is put in those threads. :yes: Maybe you should get back to them. Happy to see you like what you saw so far! Maybe a post or two could be in the future. :shiftywave: (I'm joking; you don't have to) :haha: Yeah, the Top 12 having their own sub-forums was nice, especially for the more unpopular contestants. I remember most of Sanjaya's fans mostly stayed in his own sub-forum because he was being bashed left and right in the general section. Yeah, so much to do, so little time. 😢 :haha:

As you can see, I haven't been good at keeping my schedule. :dead: I'll just say I'll get to them when I can. :dead:

Oh, that's fine if you want to do it that way! Whatever works for you. :yes: 

That also makes sense. :yes: 

I agree. ❤️ 

Thanks for the music. :giggle: Oh, I suppose, but it's not something I'd want to do. :haha: Ooh yes... maybe.  :shiftywave: 

I understand that completely. :hug: I'm sorry about it all. :( Understandable about the thread and of course you'll get back to it when you can. ❤️ Haha I should. And maybe I will post in yours sometime. We'll see. :haha:😛 Ugh yes, that is so true. I hung out a lot in the sub-forums during some seasons too. Those were such good times. :broken: I can totally relate. :(  lol 

:lmao: That's okay. But yes, if you say that, it will always hold true. :haha: 

37. Julia Gargano - Beauty and the Beast:  Oh yay, we completely agreed on our ranking here. :haha: lol maybe I should recycle my comments then, but it'd probably take longer for me to find them than to just comment now. :dead:  I forgot how much you liked Julia, but yeah the arrangement of this song really did not work and this is one of the few performances I actually remember from the season... but not in a good way. :(  

36. Alejandro Aranda - Remember Me:  I wish I could have liked this more but I just didn't and his performances never did anything for me. :( I agree on him getting into the emotion of the song, at least.

35. Wade Cota - You've Got A Friend In Me:  I get and pretty much agree with your comments here. I didn't mind the performance overall and I probably like him more than most people around here. Although, I'm not necessarily a fan. :haha: 

T-33. DeShawn Goncalves - When You Wish Upon A Star: Ooh a tie. 😮  Aww yeah, I really liked DeShawn on other songs, but this one didn't work for me. Your comments pretty much say it all.

T-33. Cassandra Coleman - Go The Distance: Oops, looked like I dragged this ranking down a bit for you. It's interesting the tie is from the two S19 performances in this set. 😮  I also love this song but the performance didn't really do anything for me. 

32. Cade Foehner - Kiss The Girl: It's weird because I remembered really liking this but when I rewatched it recently, I didn't care for it as much. :unsure: I'm not sure what it was. I do like the arrangement he did though and how he made it suit his style.

31. Ada Vox - Circle Of Life: I already forgot my thoughts on this but I did think it was better received by most people than I guess it was (based on your comments). :haha:  This is a great song but I'm not a fan of it being done on Idol. 

Posted (edited)

Ugh, this is disappointing. 💔

https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/news/country-comfort-season-2-canceled-at-netflix/

On 7/2/2021 at 6:53 PM, miss denise said:

Don't worry. :hug: That's been me this whole week and this upcoming weekend too. :duh: :haha: 

Oh, that's fine if you want to do it that way! Whatever works for you. :yes: 

That also makes sense. :yes: 

Hide contents

Thanks for the music. :giggle: Oh, I suppose, but it's not something I'd want to do. :haha: Ooh yes... maybe.  :shiftywave: 

Hide contents

I understand that completely. :hug: I'm sorry about it all. :( Understandable about the thread and of course you'll get back to it when you can. ❤️ Haha I should. And maybe I will post in yours sometime. We'll see. :haha:😛 Ugh yes, that is so true. I hung out a lot in the sub-forums during some seasons too. Those were such good times. :broken: I can totally relate. :(  lol 

:lmao: That's okay. But yes, if you say that, it will always hold true. :haha: 

It's fine. I deliberately haven't been on IDF the past week or so just to get away.

Thank you. 🤗

You're welcome. :giggle: Understandable, but at least there is an example it can be done. :haha: Hmm. 🤔

Thank you. Enough about that, I probably will get back it to it soon. One of the things I try to do is post Kat-related questions for anyone to answer, even if I'm the only one to answer them. :lmao: I'll probably peek in those threads and like some posts or offer some encouragement. :yes: It would be an honor if you did. I understand about hanging out in the sub-forums. For some seasons I just lurked in those threads and not the general one. Heh. ❤️

At least I finally posted the first set! :haha:

On 7/2/2021 at 7:05 PM, miss denise said:

37. Julia Gargano - Beauty and the Beast:  Oh yay, we completely agreed on our ranking here. :haha: lol maybe I should recycle my comments then, but it'd probably take longer for me to find them than to just comment now. :dead:  I forgot how much you liked Julia, but yeah the arrangement of this song really did not work and this is one of the few performances I actually remember from the season... but not in a good way. :(  

36. Alejandro Aranda - Remember Me:  I wish I could have liked this more but I just didn't and his performances never did anything for me. :( I agree on him getting into the emotion of the song, at least.

35. Wade Cota - You've Got A Friend In Me:  I get and pretty much agree with your comments here. I didn't mind the performance overall and I probably like him more than most people around here. Although, I'm not necessarily a fan. :haha: 

T-33. DeShawn Goncalves - When You Wish Upon A Star: Ooh a tie. 😮  Aww yeah, I really liked DeShawn on other songs, but this one didn't work for me. Your comments pretty much say it all.

T-33. Cassandra Coleman - Go The Distance: Oops, looked like I dragged this ranking down a bit for you. It's interesting the tie is from the two S19 performances in this set. 😮  I also love this song but the performance didn't really do anything for me. 

32. Cade Foehner - Kiss The Girl: It's weird because I remembered really liking this but when I rewatched it recently, I didn't care for it as much. :unsure: I'm not sure what it was. I do like the arrangement he did though and how he made it suit his style.

31. Ada Vox - Circle Of Life: I already forgot my thoughts on this but I did think it was better received by most people than I guess it was (based on your comments). :haha:  This is a great song but I'm not a fan of it being done on Idol. 

37. We did agree with this performance ranking-wise. :haha: I was fortunate to create links so I didn't have to scour the thread for my write-up. :dead: Pretty much agree with your comments on the performance. As often, I try to be objective about the performances no matter how I feel about the contestants. :yes:

36. I'm pretty much in the same boat although I don't dislike Alejandro as much as some people do and enjoyed a few of his performances.

35. Well, Wade is my least favorite S17 contestant and one of my least overall favorites. With that said, this wasn't all that bad by his standards.

T-33 (DeShawn). Pretty much in agreement here.

T-33. (Cassandra). How could you?! 😛 J/K and besides, you'd probably think the same for me with some of the other performances. :haha: I wanted her to do well, but this just wasn't as good as I wanted it to be.

32. He did try to make it to suit his style, but he didn't exactly pull it off.

31. Agree about it being a great song. It's too bad she didn't do as well as she could have.

Finally, because I haven't been online this past week, a belated Happy Birthday to the beautiful, fun, and talented Nicole Scherzinger (June 29)! ❤️ 😊

Edited by Crisis

no arguments from me regarding the rankings. I actually agree those were among the worst even if i will switch several up and down like replacing cade and ada, just because I liked cade's growling and guitar works. :ph34rwave:

still disney is my least favorite theme. too sticky. so I will be judgmental of the performances as there are very few I liked. (coughhollycavanaghcough)