Rank the country guys in the finale

Gustavo527

On 8/16/2020 at 5:15 PM, TeamAudra said:

The multiplier was 5. I found a few sources, but I’ll just go with the one I believe to be the most reliable. 

https://www.mjsbigblog.com/the-voice-season-15-recap-final-4-performances-live-blog-and-videos.htm

NOTE: The online Vote Window closes at 7 am ET. ONLY Apple streams count as votes. 30 seconds streaming a song on iTunes counts as a FULL STREAM.  And instead of the Top 10 chart bonus, this season the MOST STREAMED ARTIST OF THE NIGHT will have their stream totals multiplied by 5.

Yeah if an artist is the most streamed on Apple his streams are multiplied by 5 ,  but if he continues to be the most streamed artist for second consecutive time just like Chris ( calling baton rouge and can't you see ) , then due to cumulative effect his streams are multiplied by 10 ( 5 for the first week and 5 for second week ) . And that's the main reason Jake won he was the most streamed artist for four consecutive weeks , so his streams were multiplied by 20 .

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Zainab Tufail said:

Yeah if an artist is the most streamed on Apple his streams are multiplied by 5 ,  but if he continues to be the most streamed artist for second consecutive time just like Chris ( calling baton rouge and can't you see ) , then due to cumulative effect his streams are multiplied by 10 ( 5 for the first week and 5 for second week ) . And that's the main reason Jake won he was the most streamed artist for four consecutive weeks , so his streams were multiplied by 20 .

That's not how math works lmao. All his streams were still multiplied by 5

4 hours ago, Zainab Tufail said:

Now, you’re just making sh^t up. 

Their cumulative streaming votes carry over into the finale. That’s it. The streaming bonus for the finale is still 5X, and only Carson and a few other people know who got the bonus in the finale. 

And since the voting window is only from the start of the show until 7AM ET (6 AM where Chris is from), we’re likely not talking about big numbers here. There are likely millions of people voting on the app during and after the show. 

Edited by TeamAudra

18 hours ago, Zainab Tufail said:

Your math is a little off there buddy.... And even then I'm pretty sure the multipliers don't accumulate that way.

On 8/17/2020 at 3:54 AM, Zainab Tufail said:

Not how that works - I haven't taken a math class in four years, but I'll try to hash it out.

Let's say in the first week where the artists can earn a bonus, Artist #1 gets 10,000 streams and is the most streamed artist - that multiplies their streams by 5, so it's like they were streamed 50,000 times. Artist #2 comes in second with 9,000 streams and doesn't get the multiplier, so each of their streams is only counted once in the voting tally.

The next week, the same two artists are the top two in streams. Artist #1 is again on top with 10,000 streams, so it's another multiplier that adds 50,000 to the total votes since each stream is counted five times. Artist #2 again comes in second with 9,000 streams, so they again only earn the the 9,000 votes but no more and no less since they didn't get the multiplier.

Add up both of those weeks - Artist #1 has accumulated 100,000 streaming votes, while Artist #2 has earned 18,000. That's over the course of two weeks for two different songs. The artist does NOT get a 10x multiplier due to being the most streamed artist two weeks in a row. 

Let's plug Jake and Ricky in as the example names, since they were the top two in that season. Jake got four streaming bonuses while Ricky got none. Assuming Jake gets 10,000 streams per song per week, he ends up with 40,000 streams before we factor in the multiplier; if Ricky gets 9,000 streams per song per week, he'd end up with 36,000 streams. However, since Jake has the higher number of streams, he gets that 5x multiplier - that boosts his vote total so it's like he got 200,000 streams over the course of four weeks with four different songs. Each individual song only qualifies for the multiplier during its respective timed window after the performance night. Ricky, having come in second, doesn't get that multiplier - he still has only 36,000 streams.

Does that make more sense?

On 8/18/2020 at 8:22 PM, VintageVoice said:

Not how that works - I haven't taken a math class in four years, but I'll try to hash it out.

Let's say in the first week where the artists can earn a bonus, Artist #1 gets 10,000 streams and is the most streamed artist - that multiplies their streams by 5, so it's like they were streamed 50,000 times. Artist #2 comes in second with 9,000 streams and doesn't get the multiplier, so each of their streams is only counted once in the voting tally.

The next week, the same two artists are the top two in streams. Artist #1 is again on top with 10,000 streams, so it's another multiplier that adds 50,000 to the total votes since each stream is counted five times. Artist #2 again comes in second with 9,000 streams, so they again only earn the the 9,000 votes but no more and no less since they didn't get the multiplier.

Add up both of those weeks - Artist #1 has accumulated 100,000 streaming votes, while Artist #2 has earned 18,000. That's over the course of two weeks for two different songs. The artist does NOT get a 10x multiplier due to being the most streamed artist two weeks in a row. 

Let's plug Jake and Ricky in as the example names, since they were the top two in that season. Jake got four streaming bonuses while Ricky got none. Assuming Jake gets 10,000 streams per song per week, he ends up with 40,000 streams before we factor in the multiplier; if Ricky gets 9,000 streams per song per week, he'd end up with 36,000 streams. However, since Jake has the higher number of streams, he gets that 5x multiplier - that boosts his vote total so it's like he got 200,000 streams over the course of four weeks with four different songs. Each individual song only qualifies for the multiplier during its respective timed window after the performance night. Ricky, having come in second, doesn't get that multiplier - he still has only 36,000 streams.

Does that make more sense?

Well Yes thanks for the clarification, I think I misunderstood Mel's and Mriganka's ( from talent recap ) words .

Maybe it's because I saw a comment on YouTube  by someone who had been watching the Voice since S1 so I trusted his words  that THE VOICE SHOULD CHANGE ITS NAME TO THE COUNTRY VOICE , WE ALL KNOW THAT JAKE IS GONNA WIN BECAUSE HAVING THE CUMULATIVE EFFECT HIS VOTES WILL BE MULTIPLIED BY 20 SO NOBODY STANDS A CHANCE . 

Edited by Zainab Tufail
  • Like 1