The Ultimate American Idol Redux (SEASONS 10-12 RESULTS POSTED!)

Bk1234

Judges’ Comments

JC: You sounded like Elvis Presley in this which is interesting because I think of you as country. This strangely suited you, although it was not my cup of tea. It was sang well but I was just like whatever as it did not blow me away or anything. I'm sure this will be overrated by basic America.

A-Kid: That was a really fun performance Scotty, I super love your tone, kind of like in the same lane as Elvis' voice, deep and rich. I love this song choice, you were sexy and entertaining as hell on that. I don't know though if this was enough for the viewers, but I love that.

thevoiceisthetop: This was pretty good but not the best person tonight. 

Bk1234: You know I think that the song title sums up your performance quite well. It was just alright. The way you hold the microphone is so distinct, so I love that originality, but otherwise, your performance just wasn’t enough to stand out among the flood of great performances that this group has delivered. I think your specialty is going for those really low notes because it gives you something to show off. I wouldn’t mind seeing you stick around, so if you get to sing again, make a moment on that stage! 

Performing next is the first winner of the WinnieStar youth talent contest... 

Lauren Alaina

Song: If I Die Young (The Band Perry)

Voting Details: If you want to vote for Lauren, send me a PM with the number 1010. Remember, you can vote 10 times per contestant using this method, but please keep it to one conversation!

Judges’ Comments

JC: I prefer this much more compared to your country compatriot. This was pretty and you sang this pretty well plus I love this song so much, so great choice. It definitely was not perfect as it did not blow me away, but I think you did a decent job. I wish you had changed it up more.

A-Kid: I'll be honest, that western country tone is really not my cup of tea, but few, especially yours is an exception. I love your tone so much, it's a voice I would like to listen repeatedly without getting bored, this song did your voice the justice it deserves. I also love your story telling on this performance, you conveyed well the emotions. Nothing much more to say but a gorgeous and meaningful performance Lauren.

thevoiceisthetop: This version was good but not the best version because nothing can come close to Naya Rivera version RIP but some advice is when it was closer to the end you were kinda screaming.

Bk1234: I don’t know Lauren, I really like your voice, but this performance just felt very choppy. I hated the arrangement, and unfortunately your vocals were just not enough... It was pitchy in a few areas, at times it started to get a bit shouty, but near the end, I think you recovered a bit. Overall, I don’t think it was the worst performance of the night, and if I came across as a bit harsh, it’s because I really do like you, and want to see you go far. 

Next to perform is a contestant who auditioned for Idol via MySpace... 

Karen Rodriguez

Song: Love Will Lead You Back (Taylor Dayne)

Voting Details: Karen’s PM voting number is 1011. Remember, you can vote 10 times per contestant using this method. (Other voting methods are detailed in the main post.)

Judges’ Comments

JC: You're in this competition? I don't remember you at all. *looks at notes* Hmm, did we cast a Karen? Well, good news you made it this far. Bad news, I do not remember you at all, and after that boring performance, I still will not. The only cool thing you did was sing in Spanish but even that was sang very karaoke and unimpressively, sorry.

A-Kid: Well you've got an interesting tone Karen, and this is a bold song choice, many who have sung this did not really do well in competitions, or just really did a bad cover of it, I felt that you did okay? IDK something was missing, I love the Spanish part though, so new, refreshing, and interesting twist on that song.

thevoiceisthetop: This was very hard to listen to because you missed a lot of notes and to me it felt like you were rushing the performance at some parts.

Bk1234: I mean it was ok, Karen. I really liked that you sang in Spanish during parts of the performance because I really needed something that would distract me from the poor vocals. It was a little pitchy Karen, and I felt that the song took over you. I don’t know, but the song was just too large of a hurdle for you to take on. In order to be successful in this competition, you need to know your vocal capabilities and pick songs that compliment them. If you get to stay in this competition, please keep those tidbits in mind. 

Performing next is a contestant from Valdosta, Georgia... 

Ashthon Jones 

Song: And I Am Telling You I’m Not Going (Jennifer Holliday)

Voting Details: If you want to vote for Ashthon, send me a PM with the number 1012. Remember, you can vote 10 times per contestant using this method, but please keep it to one conversation!

Judges’ Comments

JC: Another person I don't remember. You sang a little better than the previous person, I forgot her name already. Actually, I take that back, you were just slightly more memorable, but your singing was literally all over the place and offkey and out of tune in so many parts. Honestly, you could not take that song, and you should have chosen an easier song.

A-Kid: This song is a song done to death by many, I've heard many versions of it, and I must say, there were miles better than yours, I'm sorry. That was a disastrous performance, you were screamy on that performance, hitted a couple of sharp and bum notes. I cannot connect to you at all too, I think unlike the song title of the song you sang tonight, you will be going home.

thevoiceisthetop: You had trouble sustaining your notes too. This was very underwhelming and I have heard better versions of this song than yours so good luck on trying to make top 4. 

Bk1234: By itself this was a pretty solid performance, but compared to the other outstanding versions of this song that I have heard, this one definitely felt lacking. The vocals didn’t wow me or anything, but I will commend you for adding some of your own personality to the song, even though it got a bit obnoxious at times. I also worry that you didn’t really come across as likable or relatable. I don’t know, but the personality that you showed off during this song just didn’t rub me the right way. 

Closing the show is a contestant who is the minister of music at their church... 

Jacob Lusk

Song: Dance with My Father (Luther Vandross) 

Voting Details: Jacob’s PM voting number is 1013. Remember, you can vote 10 times per contestant using this method. (Other voting methods are detailed in the main post.)

Judges’ Comments

JC: Oooh, I love this song, great song choice. This was a nice way to end the show. However, this was not a great rendition of this song. While I love this song, I would say this was not a performance I was like blown away by or will remember very much. It was just okay.

A-Kid: That would've been a really gorgeous performance but I noticed something weird on how you pronounce words, you put "h" on the start of some, for example is when you pronounced "another", "hanother" felt so odd to me, be careful on that as it may hurt your performance. Other than that? I love your voice so much, I love that soul you have in you, also a really good song choice.

thevoiceisthetop: This was kinda safe and when you tried to belt it was making my ears bleed.

Bk1234: You definitely showed us your vulnerable side with this one, Jacob, and let me just say that I felt every word. That performance was just so emotionally moving. You inserted your own emotions into the song, which allowed you to truly make it your own, but it also helped foster that emotion within you, which further contributed to the stellar emotional delivery. My only advice would be to make sure that the emotion doesn’t take you over. Turn the tears into fuel for emotional delivery!

That Is The End of the Show!

How To Vote:

You Can Use As Many Methods As You Want!

Survey Heart Voting ❤️: Credit to @anonymouskid_35 for the idea. 

• You will "vote" by ranking the performances from worst to best. 
  • Each question will contain a performance and you will select a placement/point value for it. 
  • For example, if you thought Jim Verraros delivered the best performance, you would select the option "1st Place (10 pts.)"
  • There will also be a question asking for your IDF Account Display Name. You can only vote ONCE per IDF Account! 
  • Please do not give more than one performance the same point value or I will disregard all of your votes! 
  • Season 10 Survey Heart poll linkhttps://surveyheart.com/form/5f44fa77ab483320e9ddb926 (not currently open)

IDF Private Message (PM) Voting: 

• You can "vote" by shooting be a PM with the the contestant's number and the number of times you want to vote for that contestant. 
  • You can vote 10 times per contestant with this method. 
  • All contestant numbers will be revealed during the first show for their season. The number will be the same for the entire competition! 
  • Please keep all of your votes in one private conversation with me! 
  • For example, if you wanted to vote for Kelly Clarkson 10 times, you would PM @Bk1234 "110 (x10)."
  • Season 10 PM Voting will open at 9pm EST. 

Google Forms Voting: 

• You can vote for all your favorites on a Google Form. 
  • You will have to give your IDF Account Display Name. 
  • You can vote using a total of five Google accounts. 
  • I will disregard all of your votes (on all Google accounts) if you use more than five Google accounts. 
  • Season 10 Google Forms poll linkhttps://forms.gle/qYB3o9VYnMztyZis8 (not currently open)

ALL SEASON 10 VOTING WILL OPEN AT 9:00 PM EST

@JC @anonymouskid_35 @thevoiceisthetop @IAN27TAY @kenboy123 @randomgirl @Crisis @taylorkat @Leekleekington @DorisAnn @SwimmerStud87 @psterina

Edited by Bk1234

12 minutes ago, kenboy123 said:

WHAT IS GOING ON????...I hated Season 10 when I watched it, but watching it back....I didn't realize how strong most of the people were...

Yeah, most people talk about Season 11, but Season 10 also had a pretty strong group. 🙂

Season 10 Voting is Now OPEN!

Survey Heart Poll Linkhttps://idolforums.com/topic/742125-the-ultimate-american-idol-redux-seasons-7-9-results-posted/?do=findComment&comment=28401852

Google Forms Linkhttps://forms.gle/TAzs2ADP2vBDiYZHA

PM Voting Is OPEN

Contestant Numbers:

Stefano Langone- 1001

Paul McDonald- 1002

Casey Abrams- 1003

Thia Megia- 1004

James Durbin- 1005

Haley Reinhart- 1006

Pia Toscano- 1007

Naima Adedapo- 1008

Scotty McCreery- 1009

Lauren Alaina- 1010

Karen Rodriguez- 1011

Ashthon Jones- 1012

Jacob Lusk- 1013

All Season 10 Voting Will Close TOMORROW at 9pm EST!

@JC @anonymouskid_35 @thevoiceisthetop @IAN27TAY @Crisis @kenboy123 @randomgirl @taylorkat @Leekleekington @DorisAnn @SwimmerStud87 @psterina

Edited by Bk1234

2 minutes ago, kenboy123 said:

I'll try voting later...the surveyheart just gives me the 504 error...

The Survey Heart poll is experiencing issues. I am not able to open the poll. I'm guessing it's an issue with SurveyHeart then. 😢

Survey Heart Poll Replacement ANNOUNCEMENT

Since the Survey Heart poll is not working, please PM me your rankings of the performances. To rank them, just list the performances from 1 to 13, with 1 being the best, and 13 being the worst. Point values will be attributed to each number ranking, just like they would be on the Survey Heart poll. Please label your votes with "PM Votes" and "Survey Heart Votes," if using both methods!

@JC @anonymouskid_35 @thevoiceisthetop @IAN27TAY @Crisis @kenboy123 @randomgirl @taylorkat @Leekleekington @DorisAnn @SwimmerStud87 @psterina

Edited by Bk1234

Season 11 Show ANNOUNCEMENT

The first Season 11 show will begin on Wednesday, August 26, at 4pm EST. 

Details

• All 13 Season 11 finalists will perform for your votes. 
  • All voting methods for Season 11 will open at 9pm EST, and close at 9pm EST the following day.
  • Your votes will decide the four Season 11 finalists that will automatically advance to the next round (Top 76). 
  • If your favorite isn't one of the top four vote-getters, don't worry, they still have the chance to be one of the judges' wildcard picks. 

@JC @anonymouskid_35 @thevoiceisthetop @IAN27TAY @kenboy123 @randomgirl @Crisis @taylorkat @Leekleekington @DorisAnn @SwimmerStud87 @psterina

Season 11 Show ANNOUNCEMENT

The first Season 11 show will begin on Wednesday, August 26, at 4pm EST. 

Details

• All 13 Season 11 finalists will perform for your votes. 
  • All voting methods for Season 11 will open at 9pm EST, and close at 9pm EST the following day.
  • Your votes will decide the four Season 11 finalists that will automatically advance to the next round (Top 76). 
  • If your favorite isn't one of the top four vote-getters, don't worry, they still have the chance to be one of the judges' wildcard picks. 

Welcome to the Very First Season 11 Show!

The contestants in this group have all worked very hard to prepare performances for your votes. Your votes will decide the top four vote-getters, who will be automatically safe. The remaining contestants have a chance to be saved by the judges' wildcard, which will happen after every group has performed. 

Here to judge and mentor the contestants are the lovely judges: @JC @anonymouskid_35 @thevoiceisthetop and @Bk1234!

All Season 11 Voting Will Open at 9pm EST

Contestant numbers will be shown after they perform! (More voting details in the main post.)

I hope you enjoy the show! 🙂

Kicking off the Season 11 show is a contestant who was born in Liverpool and came to the United States in 2002... 

Hollie Cavanagh

Song: Bleeding Love (Leona Lewis)

Voting Details: If you want to vote for Hollie, send me a PM with the number 1101. Remember, you can vote 10 times per contestant using this method. (Other voting methods are detailed in the main post.)

Judges’ Comments

JC: Well aren't you just the cutest. I honestly loved this, it was the perfect song and arrangement for you. You slayed it and I actually enjoyed your rendition better than the original. Leona Lewis could never. Werk it gurl!

A-Kid: First of all, what a big voice coming from that tiny cute body. I love this song so much, and I think you somehow did a justice on it. You were so in control in that performance, you did not pushed yourself to go octave higher when belting. Many tend to overdo this song but I'm glad you did not.

thevoiceisthetop: This was really great and pretty emotional for you it seems like.

Bk1234: First of all, you look absolutely gorgeous! Second of all, I absolutely love the tone of your voice. Third of all, you totally slayed that song! I really have nothing but compliments for you, Hollie. I have yet to see a contestant in this competition that was as pitch perfect as you were during this, I mean those vocals were spectacular! Your performance had no shortage of emotion packed into it, which truly elevated it to the next level. You definitely kicked off the show with a bang, so let’s hope the others are able to rise to the challenge. 

Performing next is a contestant who used to work as the front desk clerk of an infectious disease doctor’s office... 

Jeremy Rosado

Song: Ribbon In The Sky (Stevie Wonder)

Voting Details: Jeremy’s PM voting number is 1102. Remember, you can vote 10 times per contestant using this method, but please keep it to one conversation!