Musician Discography Rankdown (Alicia Keys Results)

FrogLenzen

FINAL STANDINGS PART FOUR

10. Back Together (2014, prod. by The Elev3n + Jesse McCartney, written by Jesse McCartney + Hot Chelle Rae + James G. Morales + Matt Morales + David Rodriguez)

Album: In Technicolor

Jesse_McCartney's_4th_album,_In_Technico

US Billboard Hot 200: #14 (Album)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_Technicolor

RANKINGS:

Gigi: 7

Wallace: 12

Steven: 12

Derek: 2

Priscilla: 12

Denise: 23

Victoria: 16

JC: 9

Final Average = 11.63

COMMENTS

On 10/13/2021 at 1:30 PM, *Wallace said:

Ooh I remember this song from some years back. I do feel like it was another one of those Jesse songs Denise introduced me to. I forgot about it over the years, but I'm really liking the sound of this. It's very funky, retro and kinda has that 70s disco funk feel to it. I'm not sure if that's the right way to describe it but that works for me. I do really like the chorus and think it's catchy and a lot of fun!

On 10/15/2021 at 11:46 AM, miss denise said:

Jesse is so suave on this song! I feel like this one is a bit overlooked, but then again a lot of his songs are. :/  But this one can be forgotten sometimes compared to his other singles, I feel like. It's such a fun song though! I love the vibe and slick feel of it. :bobo:  It's so darn catchy and omg his falsetto into the chorus, woo! He's so good. :bobo: 

On 10/15/2021 at 10:54 PM, JC said:

i don't remember this as well, but love the beat and rhythm of this, giving me JT vibes :bobo:

9. Just So You Know (2006, prod. by Andy Dodd + Adam Watts, written by Jesse McCartney + Andy Dodd + Adam Watts + Dory Lobel)

Album: Right Where You Want Me

JM-JustSoYouKnow.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Just_So_You_Know

RANKINGS:

Gigi: 19

Wallace: 17

Steven: 1

Derek: 15

Priscilla: 22

Denise: 2

Victoria: 15

JC: 2

Final Average = 11.63

COMMENTS

This is a really nice song from Jesse. I definitely remember Denise being so in love with this song and video way back in the day when this came out. :haha: I do and have always liked this, but am not that super familiar with it like most of his other singles. I do really like the chorus and that's my favorite part of the song. I like how he belts out those "just so you know" and "thought you should know" parts.

3d64cb9fc1db2e2e464e37c1047c8e1f.gif 

This is possibly my favorite Jesse song and I could rank it #1, but... I think the other song has a better shot to win + is the one that made me fall in love with him, so that's why I'm choosing to rank this way. BUT THEY ARE BOTH #1 IN MY HEART. And so are the other 23. :clap:  Anyway, there is something even extra about this song that gets me right in the feels SO DEEP. It's the melody. The lyrics. His voice. The emotion. It pierces me so hard that I can't even breathe. And I feel that every single time I listen to it. His voice right there from the first second of the song...  bye2.gif.7960d44992e1eeff806cdce1d9856c2 I die over how he sings parts like "and I don't knowww", "and I can't help ittt", and "thought you should knowwww." Gosh. bye2.gif.7960d44992e1eeff806cdce1d9856c2bye2.gif.7960d44992e1eeff806cdce1d9856c2bye2.gif.7960d44992e1eeff806cdce1d9856c2 It's all too much!  His voice, the melody, and everything about this song make my heart crumble and melt at the same time and I cry rivers every time I listen to it. And also the part near the end where he goes "But I don't want to!" :omg: I am sobbing forever. That whole ending! THIS SONG IS SO UNDERRATED and should have been released as a single in the U.S. and should have done so well. 😭  From Wikipedia: "The single was written by McCartney, Adam Watts, Andy Dodd and Dory Lobel, and was never released in the U.S., due to lack of support from Jesse's record label, according to an email from his manager." :/ That's just plain rude. (!) Jesse deserves better. I will hear nothing else.  😭  Also, this is the song I have seen Jesse perform live the most because at the last show he did it twice (both at the Meet & Greet and during the actual show). :wub:  Wow, was I blessed. AND he even sang at least part of the French version, "De Toi À Moi" another time I saw him. Jesse even HAVING a song in French?!  Jesse even having THIS song in French?!  Jesse performing it in front of my very EYES? :omg:  I'm done.

one of my fave ballads during my emo teenage years :wub: definitely a love story kind of song and I loved the cheese

8. Because You Live (2004, prod. by Andreas Carlsson + Desmond Child, written by Chris Braide + Desmond Child + Andreas Carlsson)

Album: Beautiful Soul

Because_You_Live_Single_Art.jpeg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Because_You_Live

RANKINGS

Gigi: 10

Wallace: 19

Steven: 3

Derek: 20

Priscilla: 20

Denise: 4

Victoria: 14

JC: 3

Final Average = 11.63

COMMENTS

A good song from Jesse here. I wasn't ever really crazy about this song when it was out, but it's grown on me since then over the years. I'm enjoying this even more now than I remembered. 😮 This song has a fun and catchy chorus, and Jesse does provide good vocals here too. I also really like how he builds this up towards the end.

loved this and miss it so much :wub: very High School Musical ❤️ 

FatAptAmericanbittern-max-1mb.gif 

IT'S FEELS CITY.  This is another one that gets me right in the heart and I can't take it! I want to cry the second the music starts. It's too much. It's all too much. 😭  The music and his voice! Why does this keep happening to me? 😭 Oh my gosh, before the second chorus when it builds up and he goes, "I'm so glad I've found an angel, someone who was there when all my hopes fell. I wanna fly looking in your eyes" 😭  AHHHH! And can we talk about how much the chorus soars? It never fails to make me curl up in a ball and cry. And the way he sings "myyyy WORLDDDD" near the end is fatal to my heart. ❤️  Also, I was obsessed with both the Disney Channel music video for this and the official one. Because I live... Jesse lives.  bye2.gif.7960d44992e1eeff806cdce1d9856c2

7. Bleeding Love (2008, prod. by The Clutch, written by Jesse McCartney + Ryan Tedder)

Album: Departure

Jesse_McCartney_-_Departure_(Jesse_McCar

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Departure_(Jesse_McCartney_album)

RANKINGS

Gigi: 13

Wallace: 15

Steven: 2

Derek: 16

Priscilla: 10

Denise: 12

Victoria: 5

JC: 19

Final Average = 11.50

COMMENTS

We all know this as the Leona Lewis song, or at least her version, but some people may forget that Jesse did co-write this song with Ryan Tedder. It is trippy hearing this version as I'm so used to Leona's version. But I do like Jesse's version. It is softer and ~more quieter. He does sound good on and throughout the song. I especially like all,of the vocal dynamics he showcases at the end of this. It's a really cool version of this song.

That's right. (!) Jesse is a writer on this amazing song and so many people don't even know it! I was blessed to be in the presence of him performing this song live. :shock:  He puts his heart and soul into this song and I often wonder how it would be if he had kept it for himself and released it as a single. That being said, I LOVE Leona's version. Their versions are so different and equally amazing. And this is another one that beautiful showcases Jesse's amazing falsetto skills.  He cuts me open... :wub: 😢 

superior to Leona :giggle::wub:

6. Punch Drunk Recreation (2014, prod. by R8DIO, written by Jesse McCartney + R8DIO + Andre Merritt)

Album: In Technicolor

Jesse_McCartney's_4th_album,_In_Technico

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_Technicolor

RANKINGS

Gigi: 8

Wallace: 8

Steven: 6

Derek: 14

Priscilla: 13

Denise: 15

Victoria: 17

JC: 11

Final Average = 10.25

COMMENTS

This is one of those Jesse songs I really wished I paid more attention to it when it was out and regret that I didn't. But when I did listen to it, I really liked it and grew to quickly love it. This song is such a jam! It's so funky, retro and it has that Justin Timberlake Future Sex/LoveSounds to it. I just love the vibe and feel of the song. It's just so fun and funky. :bobo: The chorus has a really cool, fun and chill sound to it. The verses are so funky. The music video is a lot of fun too with all these young people living it up and partying it up at a house party. Lots of fun dancing too. This song is a lot of fun and if I was more familiar with it, I'm sure it would have cracked my Top 5. But #8 will have to do.

not as familiar with this song, but love the vibe of this, can definitely dance to this and seems like his newer stuff is very JT kind of vibe which I love

pdr.gif

What. a. jam.  So, I already loved this song, but this is a song that I grew to love a million times more after seeing Jesse perform it live in concert. :omg: The beat and energy of this is unreal! I WAS AND AM LIVING FOR IT. That thumping beat!!!!!!!! The verses of this are actually my favorite over the chorus. :omg: I'm just obsessed with them. Like I said, the beat is addicting, and I also love how he extends his voice on parts of the lyrics. :omg: I can't get enough of it. This song deserved to be a huge HIT. It is in my book. :bobo: 

• Sad 1

Sorry so there was a lot of family drama including my grandmother starting from Thursday + then my mother became sick and had a very long ER trip over the weekend. Forgive me for the delay. I thought Monday would be the finish, but I got caught up with school after neglecting it for the personal stuff.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Ouch, my Top 3 got knocked out all at once there. 😬

“Just So You Know” is my favorite Jesse song, so it’s a shame it only finished in ninth place. “Bleeding Love” ranked higher than I expected though. “Because You Live” is the first Jesse song I remember hearing, so that’s a nostalgic favorite. “Punch Drunk Recreation” is really catchy and the standout track on his In Technicolor album imo. :music: 

I’m rooting for “Right Where You Want Me” or “It’s Over” to win.

2 hours ago, Deeee said:

Sorry so there was a lot of family drama including my grandmother starting from Thursday + then my mother became sick and had a very long ER trip over the weekend. Forgive me for the delay. I thought Monday would be the finish, but I got caught up with school after neglecting it for the personal stuff.

Hopefully things are better now.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Deeee said:

Episode 16 Hug GIF by Friends

I love you and I hope things are better now. ❤️ :wub: 🤗

• Thanks 1

FINAL STANDINGS PART FIVE

5. Right Where You Want Me (2006, prod. by Andy Dodd + Adam Watts, written by Andy Dodd + Dory Lobel + Jesse McCartney + Adam Watts)

Album: Right Where You Want Me

JM-RightWhereYouWantMe.jpg

US Billboard Hot 100: #33 (Single)

US Billboard Mainstream Top 40: #31 (Single)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_Where_You_Want_Me

RANKINGS:

Gigi: 14

Wallace: 4

Steven: 5

Derek: 4

Priscilla: 7

Denise: 5

Victoria: 8

JC: 8

Final Average = 8.13

COMMENTS

D972N6.gif

The gif is huge but I don't have time to resize it, so it will stay. I could say sorry, but... you're welcome. :wub:  Anyway, I love the groove of this song! It's so groovy, slinky, funky, and, I feel, underrated! 😢   I do remember hearing this sometimes on the radio, but not nearly enough... and the radio would always cut off the ending that is on the album version of it, which is RUDE. (!)  The RWYWM album was and possibly still is my favorite and it deserves so much more. ❤️   This title track is so fun and catchy! Listen to his falsetto on this too. OMG. :omg: And all those "GIRL..." parts. What the heck? :omg:  The verses are so hot and the chorus is so catchy... and also hot. It's all so good and the bridge is explosive. This song really set the tone for the album. ❤️  I LOVE IT SO MUCH AND IT DESERVES MORE. RANK IT WELL PLEASE.

love this song too, makes me want to get up and groove 💃

Oooh these songs in the 6-4 range have been really tricky for me to rank. They are all a toss up, but I guess "Right Where You Want Me" gets the advantage here at #4. Hopefully Denise approves...but I won't know until after this is all posted. :haha: But yay, I've always loved this song and consider it one of my favorites from Jesse. This was Jesse's first single from the album of the same name, and I was liking the slightly more mature pop/~rock sound here. Well rock is a stretch but it has this funky edge to it that I enjoy. I enjoy how he sings the verses and then brought a little falsetto into the pre-chorus (that "baby don't be gentle, I can handle it" part. Then the chorus is a lot and super catchy, I love that whole chorus he sings there. But the "you got me! Right where you want me!" Is the catchiest part there. :bobo: I also love how he builds up, the bridge section of the song and think that's another highlight of the song. I love how he sings that how part especially when he belts it out. A fun song and I think it's kinda underrated amongst his big songs.

4. It's Over (2008, prod. by The Clutch + Brian Kennedy, written by The Clutch + Brian Kennedy)

Jessemccartneyitsoversinglecover.jpg

US Billboard Hot 100: #62 (Single)

US Billboard Mainstream Top 40: #22 (Single)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It's_Over_(Jesse_McCartney_song)

RANKINGS:

Gigi: 4

Wallace: 5

Steven: 7

Derek: 19

Priscilla: 4

Denise: 13

Victoria: 1

JC: 5

Final Average = 7.25

COMMENTS

EmbellishedInexperiencedGeese-size_restr

What a sad song. 😢  There is so much depth to the musicality, vocals, and lyrics of this... It can often be overlooked but it should not be. It was rightfully released as a single and wrongfully ignored. We hate to see it. :/  Jesse feels the PAIN on this song and I can feel it too. 😢  It's all amazing, but the bridge is especially everything! I'm so obsessed with all the ways his vocals shine on that part. The falsetto... the non-falsetto. ALL OF IT.

I think this was the album where Jesse moved out of teenybopper stage to super hot as he reached an age where he's just so yummy, especially since his haircut got so much better ❤️ also this song is great

As I have said for many of the Depature songs, I love how Jesse went with an R&B/urban sound for this album, and that applies to "It's Over."

I have always been a fan and really liked "It's Over." I knew I would likely rank it high but had no idea where exactly. This is a really sad and heartbreaking song, which is clearly about a breakup. I like the vulnerability and emotion that Jesse shows when he's singing this song. I do love how he builds up the song at the pre-chorus, as that's one of my favorite parts. I love the chorus and think it's quite catchy, especially those "It's oooovvveeeerrr" parts. Another standout part to me is from the second verse where he sings, "I'll do whatever I can not to out my business on the streets." That always stood out to me, as well as a few other parts. I like the falsetto and vocal range he showcases here, especially at the end of the song with those "it's overrrr" runs.

3. Leavin' (2008, prod. by Tricky Stewart + The-Dream, written by James Bunton + Corron Ty Cole + The-Dream + Tricky Stewart)

Jesse_McCartney_-_Leavin'.jpg

US Billboard Hot 100: #10 (Single)

US Billboard Mainstream Top 40: #1 (Single)

US Billboard Adult Top 40: #21 (Single)

US Billboard Dance Club Songs: #1 (Single)

US Billboard Dance/Mix Show Airplay: #18 (Single)

US Billboard Rhythmic: #22 (Single)

US Billboard Hot 100 Year-End Charts (2008): #28 (Single)

US Billboard Hot Dance Club Songs Year-End Charts (2008): #35 (Single)

US Billboard Mainstream Top 40 Year-End Charts (2008): #2 (Single)

US Billboard Mainstream Top 40 All-Time Charts (1992-2017): #59 (Single)

RIAA Single Certification: Platinum

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leavin'_(Jesse_McCartney_song)

RANKINGS

Gigi: 9

Wallace: 1

Steven: 11

Derek: 7

Priscilla: 3

Denise: 10

Victoria: 2

JC: 13

Final Average = 7.00

COMMENTS

Maybe not a surprise to some people but "Leavin'" is my favorite song from Jesse McCartney. While "Beautiful Soul" is known as his signature hit and the song people probably most associate him with, I do think "Leavin'" was his overall biggest and most successful hit song. This song was really big and everywhere in the Summer of 2008. I remember hearing this all the time on the radio and seeing the music video a lot at the peak of its popularity. "Leavin'" was the song where Jesse took his music in a more mature R&B/urban sound, which I really appreciated from him of course.

"Leavin'" is a really cool and chill jam. I love the beat, music and vibe of the song. The beat to this has such a cool sound to it. Jesse sings the song in a really cool and smooth way - all from the verses to the chorus. I really enjoy the verses but absolutely love the chorus. The chorus is super catchy. I love the parts where he sings "why don't you tell them that I'm leaving" and the "we flying on a G5, G5" among other parts of the chorus. :bobo: Those "oh oh oh oh oh oh oh" parts are also catchy too. Then I also,really love the bridge, which is one of my favorite parts of the song. I especially love those "don't stress, don't stress, don't stress. Just tell him to the left, left, left" parts. But that whole bridge is fun and catchy. I like his ad-libs at the end especially his falsetto notes. A great and catchy song that I love from Jesse, so I am hoping this ranks well.

is jesse old enough here for me to call him hot? obvs i've always had a crush on him because he's so damn cute, much cuter than his brother

E972RW.gif

This and "Beautiful Soul" are forever the songs most associated with Jesse and I expect one of them will win this rankdown.  This song was a DEPARTURE ( :giggle: ) from some of his earlier music but it's so catchy and addicting. I remember seeing concert videos of this song before it was released and not even knowing the name. I think it was labeled as "No Stress" because whoever uploaded it didn't know the name either. :dead: They better know now! It's so crazy to think about then. :wub: Anyway, his song was a huge hit and got Jesse back in the game where he deserves to be. The beeps right from the start of the song are amazing and all the other beeps can go home. I can't even describe the vibe of this song but it's really cool. I am obsessed with his ad-libs at the end. :wub:

2. She's No You (2004, prod. by Matthew Gerrard, written by Matthew Gerrard + Jesse McCartney + Robbie Nevil)

She'sNoYou.jpg

US Billboard Hot 100: #91 (Single)

US Billboard Mainstream Top 40: #24 (Single)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/She's_No_You

RANKINGS

Gigi: 2

Wallace: 6

Steven: 15

Derek: 5

Priscilla: 2

Denise: 11

Victoria: 7

JC: 4

Final Average = 6.50

COMMENTS

Okay so songs that I have from #6 through #4 were all super tricky to rank. I could go a number of ways on ranking them, but I guess I just ended up having "She's No You" rank as the lowest. I do really like "She's No You" a lot, and think of it as a classic vintage Jesse song. In fact, this was the second song of his I heard/know. And this is another song i of course know and remember Denise loving and going crazy over

I do really like the verses, especially those parts he sings really fast. The chorus is very catchy and I like the heart and passion he sings that part. Those "she's noo yoooouuuuuu, she's no you" parts are super catchy. I also really like all of what he sings on the second verse, and how he sings those parts. I do like how he builds up the bridge and those parts are really good and catchy too. But then there's a breakdown part after it.... Is that the bridge too? I don't really know but that part is really cool. It's fun how he sings that part of the song. But this is a very good and catchy old school song from Jesse. I'm glad to have it in the finals.

YUBA.gif 

This is the first track on Jesse's first album, so that is legendary in itself. :wub:  I love the instrumentation on this song, as well as the contrast between the speed that he sings the verses versus ( :giggle:) the chorus. I love everything about this song! The bridge is my FAVORITE. :omg: "I don't want nothin' I don't got, I don't need nothin' but you" :bobo:  But especially "You're all that, all that, and then some. You know what, just what I need, and no girl, no place, nowhere, could mean a thing to me" YESS! It's amazing. This song has a vibe that makes it easy to have on replay and never stop. Like every other Jesse song that exists. ❤️  Let's also never forget the black and white music video. And never forget it going #1 on TRL. :ohyeah: 

obsessed with this song ❤️ I used to listen to this on repeat and it never gets old. So catchy :bobo:

1. Beautiful Soul (2004, prod. by Adam Watts + Andy Dodd + Greg Wells, written by Adam Watts + Andy Dodd)

Beautiful_Soul_CD_Cover1.png

US Billboard Hot 100: #16 (Single)

US Billboard Mainstream Top 40: #4 (Single)

US Billboard Adult Top 40: #13 (Single)

US Billboard Adult Contemporary: #23 (Single)

RIAA Single Certification: Gold

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beautiful_Soul_(song)

RANKINGS

Gigi: 1

Wallace: 3

Steven: 10

Derek: 10

Priscilla: 1

Denise: 1

Victoria: 3

JC: 7

Final Average = 4.50

COMMENTS

"Beautiful Soul" is Jesse's debut single and his signature hit that put him on the music map as a solo artist. I feel like this song would be the ~easy predictable #1~ of Jesse's discography and if it does win, I honestly don't mind and would be here for it as this song was a game changer for his career. And lol I have lots of fond memories of this song mostly and solely through Denise. I remember she started watching TRL only for Jesse and this song, and she only cared about this. She was that ultimate fan girl for him there. :giggle: I can't recall my initial reaction of this song. I think I liked it but didn't really much mind to it. Denise definitely helped me grow to love this song and have it be one of my favorite songs of Jesse's. I do prefer his more urban/edgier music as a whole, but this has still been one of my favorites of his.

But this is definitely a great teen pop song from Jesse, and certainly appeals so well to his young fans (and even older ones). He sings this song very nicely and makes it very effortless. The verses and pre-chorus are very good, especially when he showcases a bit of falsetto in those parts. The chorus is definitely very catchy and a very fun part of the song. I do like how lowkey and chill this song is. It just has this nice and easygoing feel to it where Jesse just expresses how he feels to the girl he's singing to. I do love that part where he really builds up the song belting out "soul" right before the bridge comes in, and the bridge is a great part of the song too. A classic song from Jesse...his signature hit. I can see it doing well and possibly winning.

King of nostalgia :wub: Another song I listened to on repeat. Which was a very obvious indicator I was gay as hale!

tumblr_ncn2nhh4m01qd04pro6_250.gifv

This is, of course, Jesse's most iconic, epic, memorable, and nostalgic song! Right from that opening music and beat, my heart is on fire and it will never recover. ❤️   This song is so so sweet and Jesse's voice is so :wub: on it! I love how he sings "pretty faceeeeee."  That line is so memorable. "I don't want another pretty face." :wub:  Another favorite of mine is how he sings "You're the one I wanna hold" :wub: His voice! Also... his little falsettos throughout the song? And the key change? I'm obsessed with all of it. THIS SONG is my life. I'm not being dramatic.  I can't help the facts. Jesse will forever be associated with "Beautiful Soul" and his own beautiful soul! :wub:  He will always and forever perform this song live and for that, we are all grateful. (!) This was the song that kick started his solo career and became a huge hit. I will never forget those early days and how I fell in love with Jesse. :wub:  For that reason, this song will always have such a huge place in my heart. I remember seeing the video on TV all the time and hearing the song on the radio. It never got old and if I ever hear it again on the radio, I will drown in my own happy tears. 

• Like 1