Musician Discography Rankdown (Alicia Keys Results)

FrogLenzen

FINAL STANDINGS PART SIX

6. Everytime (2003, prod. by Guy Sigsworth, written by Britney Spears + Annet Artani)

Album: In the Zone

source.gif

US Billboard Hot 100 (Billboard): #15 (Single)

US Dance Club Songs (Billboard): #17 (Single)

US Mainstream Top 40 (Billboard): #4 (Single)

US Adult Top 40 (Billboard): #25 (Single)

US Billboard Hot 100 Year-End Charts (Billboard): #83 (Single)

United States Certification (RIAA): Gold (Single)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everytime

RANKINGS:

Dee: 17

Gigi: 2

Derek: 18

Sola: 9

Steven: 12

Kaley: 11

Andy: 15

Wally: 15

Denise: 10

Rei: 10

Elliott: 8

Lily: 11

Priscilla: 4

JC: 6

QK: 7

Chris: 1

Victoria: 1

Amanda: 1

Final Average = 8.778

COMMENTS

Britney's response to Justin Timberlake and the media after the very massive breakup + Cry Me A River. Eerily foreshadowing tbh. A beautiful song, but not deserving of this high ranking in the slightest. 

On 9/13/2020 at 10:02 PM, *Wallace said:

KagK.gif

If I had to pick a Britney song that gets to me the most emotionally I would definitely say it would have to be “Everytime.” This is such a raw, emotional and vulnerable song. It definitely gives me chills. So than you to Chris for advancing this song forward. ❤️ I hate ranking this at #15 but that was just how it worked out. This was a song Britney wrote so you could certainly tell she sings and feels each lyric she sings here which is a song about plea of forgiveness for hurting a former lover. It was "highly speculated" (and well I’m sure we all know) that this was inspired by her break-up from Justin Timberlake. Ugh I was the biggest Justney shipper and loved them as a couple so much back in the day (even though I was jealous of Justin then too). :broken:  

Back to “Everytime,” I love the vulnerability Britney sings this song with. She sings this so soft and tenderly… it’s gorgeous. The chorus is one of the few parts that really gets to me:

Every time I try to fly

I fall without my wings

I feel so small

I guess I need you baby

And every time I see you in my dreams

I see your face, it's haunting me

I guess I need you baby

:broken: 

From the second verse, I also love the part where she sings: What have I done. You seem to move on easy.

However it’s THAT BRIDGE of the song that really gets to me and gives me serious chills.

I may have made it rain

Please forgive me

My weakness caused you pain

And this song's my sorry

Oh

At night I pray

That soon your face

Will fade away

😢 :broken:

Those lyrics are just so heartbreaking and how she sings them….. ugh. It gets to me. This is such a stunning and important  song from Britney. So glad its in the finals. ❤️ 

On 9/14/2020 at 8:33 PM, miss denise said:

This song has the most emotional and sad feeling to it. :broken: Just the sound of the music makes me want to curl up in a ball and cry. The soft way she sings this combined with the piano backing is so powerful, effective, and emotional. It's truly captivating and full of such feeling. "And every time I see you in my dreams, I see your face, it's haunting me" crying.gif.7e8f61590c9fa4716d4470d08bc8c503.gif  Speaking of haunting, that's the perfect word to describe this song. It really stands out among the rest, as well.

On 9/17/2020 at 7:56 PM, *Chris said:

My all time favourite song of hers, and she has given so many good performance of this song over the year.

On 9/15/2020 at 4:12 PM, *Lily said:

I remember hearing this for the first time and really being taken aback. Both the video and the song itself are so raw. Beautiful.

On 9/17/2020 at 9:40 AM, JC said:

My favorite slow song from Britney by far, it give me all the feels.

On 9/11/2020 at 4:48 PM, taylorkat said:

A beautiful song.

On 9/17/2020 at 5:42 PM, QueenKalie said:

beautiful song

On 9/13/2020 at 10:35 AM, ~*8Kay8*~ said:

My favorite of the slower Britney songs. I love how haunting it is and how small her voice sounds on it. It was definitely a departure for her, but one that paid off.

5. Stronger (2000, prod. by Max Martin + Rami, written by Max Martin + Rami)

Album: Oops!...I Did It Again

240e27f166061cc0ab8fb3e733046736.gif

US Billboard Hot 100 (Billboard): #11 (Single)

US Hot Dance Singles Sales (Billboard): #2 (Single)

US Mainstream Top 40 (Billboard): #17 (Single)

US Rhythmic (Billboard): #37 (Single)

United States Certification (RIAA): Gold (Single)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stronger_(Britney_Spears_song)

RANKINGS:

Dee: 12

Gigi: 8

Derek: 14

Sola: 4

Steven: 5

Kaley: 5

Andy: 8

Wally: 7

Denise: 8

Rei: 2

Elliott: 11

Lily: 7

Priscilla: 6

JC: 10

QK: 10

Chris: 3

Victoria: 6

Amanda: 5

Final Average = 7.278

COMMENTS

Iconic song and music video. Enough said. Probably the best song from her iconic first two albums

I love a good song about personal growth and recognizing your own worth. :wub:  This is so powerful.  The production and sound of this song is all so fitting, as well. "You might think that I won't make it on my own, but now I'm strongerrrr than yessssterdayyyy" :bobo: YES! And I have to mention how I love that she shouts out the "loneliness is killing me" line from "...Baby One More Time", of course. So clever and I love that. This is really an anthem! 

An anthem.

Stronger is incredible. I wish I had more words for it than I do. Max Martin is such a genius and we need to do a round just of the songs he's worked on.

One of my favourite from "Oops! I Did It Again", and potentially one of my all-time favourite. Also taking the time to praise Peppermint's performance during the LSFTC on RPDR.  

Might be an unpopular opinion, but this is my favorite of the classic-era Britney songs. The sound hints towards her future more electronic sound, and the lyrics themselves are great. Personally, I’ve always loved the callback in “my loneliness ain’t killing me no more.”

ee80bee3cd6fbf47-.gif

Yesss I love “Stronger.” Thank you so much Rei for pushing this into the finals! “Stronger” is another one of my very favorite Britney songs and I will place this song at #7. For early days Britney, this song had a ~darker and edgy sound to it and I was absolutely loving it. Britney brought the feisty and sassy attitude needed for this song. She tells this guy off for doing her wrong and think she would be weak without him but NOPE….. Not Britney. She’s gonna be stronger…. stronger than she was yesterday. 😘 I love her vocal runs at the start. Then the rest of the song is so strong and great. I really love the pre-chorus and chorus where Britney sings:

You might think that I won't make it on my own

But

Now I'm stronger than yesterday

Now it's nothing but my way

My loneliness ain't killing me no more

I, I'm stronger

:bobo: 

That chorus is soooo catchy! I love it soo much. Then the second time around the last lyric of the second verse/pre-chorus changes to: You might think that I can't take it, but you're wrong, which I also love. I really love the bridge of the song especially the second half of it where she sings:

Here I go, on my own now

I don't need nobody, not anybody

Here I go, alright, here I go

SO GOOD! :wub: And how she sings the last chorus section of the song with overcoming that hurt and pain is sooo great. 

I also really love the music video too (gosh how many iconic videos did Britney have?). It has that darker and sexy feel to it. I love all of her looks in this. And all of her dancing with the chair & cane is seriously sooo insanely hot! :omg: And of course the scenes with her in the rain kills me too! :omg: 

Great song

Iconic song rounding out my top 10.

4. I'm a Slave 4 U (2001, prod. by The Neptunes, written by Chad Hugo + Pharrell)

Album: Britney

LongRepentantGypsymoth-small.gif

US Billboard Hot 100: #27 (Single)

US Dance Club Songs (Billboard): #4 (Single)
US Mainstream Top 40 (Billboard): #15 (Single)

US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs (Billboard): #85 (Single)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I'm_a_Slave_4_U

RANKINGS

Dee: 7

Gigi: 1

Derek: 8

Sola: 1

Steven: 13

Kaley: 3

Andy: 12

Wally: 6

Denise: 2

Rei: 12

Elliott: 12

Lily: 3

Priscilla: 5

JC: 13

QK: 8

Chris: 4

Victoria: 5

Amanda: 14

Final Average = 7.167

COMMENTS

Really, really did not expect this song to rank so well, but am so happy to see that it did! A legacy! The insane beats. The legendary music video. The legendary VMA performance. Groundbreaking, daring, artistic, creative, and the mark of her departure from the sweet, innocent girl-next-door image she had existed under previously. So happy this ranked so highly.

My absolute Britney jam!! :wub: This song stands out a bit among my biggest favorites, as it's quite different from them, but... I love it just as much and it resonates with me for reasons. :wub:  Britney was truly growing up with this album and it shows on this song and in the video. She's embracing her grown womanhood and that is a mood! "I know I may be young, but I've got feelings too" :bobo: Exactly. But the first lyrics that she actually sings are my favorite: "All you people look at me like I'm a little girl, Well did you ever think it'd be ok for me to step into this world" :bobo:  This song speaks to me in so many ways, it's crazy. "I know I may come off quiet, I may come off shy, but I feel like talking, feel like dancing when I see this guy" :bobo:  The slinky, sexy feel of this song is so fitting and intoxicating. My favorite part melodically is probably: "Baby, don't you wanna, dance up on me to another time and place, Oh, baby, don't you wanna, dance up on me, leaving behind my name, and age" I don't know why, but the whole vibe is so good. Basically this song is a vibe, a mood, a jam, relatable, fun, and (sorry Shania) but is what makes me truly makes me feel like a woman. (!) 

tumblr_oi1tjreeqi1r608gvo1_540.gif

“I'm a Slave 4 U” is such an iconic and legendary song in Britney’s career. Thank you Gigi for pushing this iconic song into the finals. “I'm a Slave 4 U”  was the lead single off Britney (one of my very fave Britney albums) and this song went into a more urban feel with The Neptunes producing this. Britney introduced this song on the 2001 MTV Video Music Awards with that ICONIC legendary performance with her and the snake? Who could ever forget about that? 

AnnualSnoopyLarva-size_restricted.gif

I must have watched this performance a thousand times. :omg: Okay not really but it was a lot! :haha: I was loving the edgier and sexier sound from Britney and she completely sold this. This was a tricky song to decide where to rank but I decided to give it #6. The speaking part at the start is SO HOT…. and the hotness continues on throughout the whole song! :wub: Gosh as always I LOVE the whole song and every part of this. It’s had to pick out specific standout fave parts but I do really love where she sings: 

Well I'm just tryin' to find out why cause dancing's what I love.

I know I may come off quiet, I may come off shy.

But I feel like talking, feel like dancing when I see this guy.

What's practical is logical. What the hell, who cares?

All I know is I'm so happy when you're dancing there.

The chorus is also really fun and  HOTNESS too! 

I'm a slave for you. I cannot hold it; I cannot control it.

I'm a slave for you. I won't deny it; I'm not trying to hide it.

Baby, don't you wanna, dance upon me, 

(I just wanna dance next to you) 

To another time and place.

Baby, don't you wanna, dance upon me, 

(Are you ready)

Leaving behind my name, my age.

(Lets go)

:bobo: 

I am also here for those Get it get it, get it get it (WHOOOA). Get it get it, get it get it (WHOOOOOA) parts too. :bobo:

The music video is also sooo insanely hot and sexy. Maybe one of Britney’s sexiest music videos? I loveee it a ton and definitely watched this a ton and know it by heart! :wub: And I must mention I love all of the choreography and how Britney kills it with all of the dancing! :omg: It blows my mind! 

The Neptunes and Britney... what did we do to deserve this duo. Iconic. Who else is doing it like Britney did it with the snake?! (Answering my own question: Aaliyah. Make sure to join the Aaliyah round y'all!). Seriously, this transition for Britney is so, effing legendary. The Britney era has always been my personal favorite, for this.

My favorite Britney song!

Iconic song and an even more iconic music video. 

On 9/11/2020 at 5:10 PM, FrogLenzen said:

iconic

Sex.

Great song and video

Preteen Kaley was obsessed with this song. The beat was incredible, the video was too cool, and it brought us the iconic Britney with a snake performance. So much to love about it.

18 minutes ago, Elliott said:

We really said f*ck Britney Jean and Glory’s drag, huh? :dead:

omggg we really did. 🙈 I probably would have ranked any of those songs on the lower end of my list had they made it in.

18 minutes ago, Deeee said:

Dee:

Gigi:

Derek:

Sola:

Steven:

Kaley:

Andy:

Wally:

Denise:

Rei:

Elliott:

Lily:

Priscilla:

JC:

QK:

Chris:

Victoria:

Amanda:

Thanks for this Dee!

DANGG PRISCILLA and VICTORIA KILLING the game with their Top 6 matching up with the actual Top 6! :omg::clap: Well done to Sola, Denise, QK on having the rest of the 6 songs in their respective Top 10s. Dangg I could have been in that group if my #15 had showed up. :dead: 

It’s nice seeing a Top 6 without any low #19 through #21 rankings. I feel like this is a first this has ever happened. :haha: 

15 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

Wow, I've got the lowest bottom rank left with 18, and Elliott has the lowest top rank left with 8

Lol this is on brand with Elliott. :haha: 

Dee:

Gigi:

Derek:

Sola:

Steven:

Kaley:

Andy:

Wally:

Denise:

Rei:

Elliott:

Lily:

Priscilla:

JC:

QK:

Chris:

Victoria:

Amanda:

12 minutes ago, Deeee said:

My #6 was actually my winner pick from the very beginning, but Blackout is so incredible and obviously had to make up my top 5. So I do not consider my #6 a flop when looking at it from that perspective. #17 still being around though...LOL.

I think I may know what your #6 is here. 

Scared what you have at #17. I'm fearing you are referring to "Stronger"? I do think all the songs in the Top 6 are deserving of its high placements even though there is one I don't love as much as the others. :haha: 

OOOOOOOO Deee’s #17 was “Everytime” then. OK I can agree as that song was my super low ranking of this Top 6. An amazing vulernable beautiful song and I do adore it though. ❤️ But just not one that is an all-time favorite of mine. And wow that was Derek’s lowest ranked too. And Elliott’s highest ranked of the Top 6. :dead: Wow at all of those #1s from Chris/Victoria/Amanda there. 😮  Definitely a song that gives all the feels.

“Stronger” making the Top 5. This song DID THAT. :wub: Such a great song and one i was really worried that might have gotten overlooked. But wow really love reading everyone’s love for this song. :wub: Loved how Denise and Kaley mentioned the “my loneliness ain’t killing me no more” line.

The iconic “I’m a Slave 4 U.” Loovee this song and video soo much. It is straight up hotness! :wub: Like Dee said, I also didn’t expect this to rank so high at #4, though I think i saw it at least making Top 10. Also really love Denise’s love and comments on this song, as it seems so unlike a Denise fave but it’s a great jam… and lol I especially love that last mine there. :dead: YES LILY shouting out the ever-so-underrated Britney era. Come through! Loving everyone’s comments on this iconic song!

OMGGG MY Top 3 is the actual Top 3 of this round!!! :omg: This is just like in the Beyoncé round!!! :wub: I love it when I do so well on my favorites rounds.:heartbounce:

23 minutes ago, Deeee said:

FINAL THREE

...BABY ONE MORE TIME

...Baby One More Time

OOOPS!...I DID IT AGAIN

Oops!...I Did It Again

IN THE ZONE

Toxic

LEGENDARY SONGS. :wub: 

18 minutes ago, Deeee said:

Dee:

Gigi:

Derek:

Sola:

Steven:

Kaley:

Andy:

Wally:

Denise:

Rei:

Elliott:

Lily:

Priscilla:

JC:

QK:

Chris:

Victoria:

Amanda:

Me and Priscilla really DID THAT. :wub: 

Poor Elliott once again. :dead: 

16 minutes ago, #jeah said:

Whew, at least the #1 will be in my top 10 this time unlike Kesha’s round :haha: 

:dead:  

16 minutes ago, ~*8Kay8*~ said:

This made me chuckle since you two were listed one after the other :haha:

Lol that is funny. :haha:  

4 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

my predictions.

3. Oops I did it again

2. Toxic

1. Baby One More Time.

I can see this or Toxic or Baby switching around. I do feel like Oops! is the easy 3rd placer. :haha: I'll obviously be happy with whichever wins.