Ariana Grande

kclarkson1323

Ok so after having this album for a few weeks now, I actually like it a TON more than on the first listen. There's still a couple songs that I think could have been cut but otherwise most of the tracks have grown on me so much more and I actually really like the album now. I still don't think it's better than Thank U, Next and the lyrics still could have been way better on most of the songs, but I really like the sounds of this album and it's a good album to put on when driving or doing something and just having it in the background.

The only songs I just don't really like at all and usually skip are Off the Table (the vocals are good and I like that it is a more emotional song, but it's just really boring to me) and West Side. To me, West Side just sounds like a filler track and there's nothing particularly memorable or catchy about it, it's also I think the shortest track, so it just feels very filler-ish/throwaway to me. It could have been left off the album and I don't think anyone would miss it, honestly.

All the others I like or love though. POV I think is my favorite, the instrumental reminds me of Part of Your World from The Little Mermaid, which is one of my favorite Disney movies, and I just love that magical Disney strings sound. This song is just so magical to me and her vocals/emotion are stunning. I also really love Safety Net, My Hair, Nasty, Positions, Obvious, Just Like Magic, and 34+35 is also insanely catchy.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ariana Grande has definitely grown on me. That's for sure. She has come so far from her early days as a singer. I also like her as a person and an actress. She has the ability to really write fun songs and there are several that are catchy that they tend to get stuck in my head. Like that's how great she is at singing and songwriting. She has such a great voice and it has a bit of power in it which is nice. Also, I love the harmonies she uses and how perfectly on pitch she is. Some people think she sounds similar to Mariah Carey, but I still think Ariana Grande is her own person and is great just the way she sounds. I can't wait for Ariana's new movie Don't Look Up with an all star cast (Chris Evans, Leonardo DiCaprio, Jennifer Lawrence, Meryl Streep, Timothée Chalamet, Cate Blanchett, Jonah Hill, Ron Perlman, Matthew Perry, Himesh Patel, Tyler Perry, and Kid Cudi. So she is in very good company. I just wish they had a trailer for the movie already, but they don't yet unfortunately. They will at some point I'm sure. I just remember seeing her in Hairspray Live! and being amazed at how great an actress she was. She played the character of Penny Pingleton so perfectly. Also, she is now engaged, which is very exciting news.

• 3 months later...

I don’t watch The Voice but as an Ariana fan, this is a really good gig for her. I don’t think it’ll make me want to watch the show, but I think a lot of her young fans will tune in and vote hard for her contestants. I think she can offer a lot of great advice not just on vocals but also creating an identity as an artist and especially advice for the young contestants since she started young.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...