The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

5 hours ago, jakesz said:

I have just realized that this is second season in row in which finale there is no white women! Hands up to Toneisha and DeSz for absolutely slaying this year on The Voice!
DeSz’ win would be iconic and I would love to see that happen😍

Yeah, not bad for an audience that doesn't support black women. :haha:

12 minutes ago, SNI2 said:

Omg, I can't believe Cami would have sang my dream song for The Voice EVER (Life on Mars) or my Teenage angst anthem (My immortal). Is there still time to replace one country male? 😆

Actually only one country male left in the competition.

Jim is far from country. He sang some country songs but nothing sounded country.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Cami has been at near Maelyn level popularity on IDF. Why the massive disconnect with the show’s main audience? I sort of expected it, but I can’t fully explain it. 

Maybe that's because she is between 18-22 and Maelyn wasn't. And as you always say, the females who are between 18-22 mark have never reached the Finals(Except for Christina who needed a last minute rule-change and the support from Justin Bieber).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Maelyn wasn’t up against DeSz. 

I hate to break it to you, but Cami wouldn’t have beaten any of the team leaders. She was probably something like 7 or 8th in votes. She’s been one of the most overhyped contestants in recent memory. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Cami has been at near Maelyn level popularity on IDF. Why the massive disconnect with the show’s main audience? I sort of expected it, but I can’t fully explain it. 

Probably a combination of being “too alternative“, not being a fantastic vocalist (compared to Maelyn at least) and actually having non-country competition unlike Maelyn. Her song choices are probably also a big factor.

Edited by Daillon
  • Like 1

Anyway...switching gears for a

moment. Remember when it was pointed out how close Jim and Carter were on Facebook? As we know, Jim opened the show, so his video was posted first, while Carter’s wasn’t posted until about an hour after the episode. Here’s where they currently stand...

Jim - 316K views, 11K likes, 2.9K shares 

Carter - 579K views, 21.4K likes, 4.7K shares. 

That gap will widen even more, I’m sure. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I hate to break it to you, but Cami wouldn’t have beaten any of the team leaders. She was probably something like 7 or 8th in votes. She’s been one of the most overhyped contestants in recent memory. 

You may like her or not but she earned every bit of praise with her performances. Nothing overhyped here. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

Anyway...switching gears for a

moment. Remember when it was pointed out how close Jim and Carter were on Facebook? As we know, Jim opened the show, so his video was posted first, while Carter’s wasn’t posted until about an hour after the episode. Here’s where they currently stand...

Jim - 316K views, 11K likes, 2.9K shares 

Carter - 579K views, 21.4K likes, 4.7K shares. 

That gap will widen even more, I’m sure. 

Carter is seriously giving me Jordan Vibes lol. Jordan destroyed everyone in terms of views. I'm not sure about FB but on Ytube, by the time the other contestants had reached 200-300K views, Jordan was already at 3-4M imo. I know Jordan's views were far more significant than Carter's but considering that the viewership of THE VOICE has decreased a lot in the previous seasons, he is doing really well.

• Like 2

The thing is, Cami's style is perfect for IDF, since there is a big love for indie and alternative pop girls here. But that's not what the main audience primarily enjoys. That being said, I'm confident she would have gotten the second PV if it were a normal format, because Tanner was simply not liked, even being a country singer.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Both, honestly. 

I will say she performed better live than I thought she would. 

In my opinion, she had the best audition, knockout, and Playoffs performance and is one of the only contestants this season who sounded just as good live as they did during the taped rounds. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Carter is seriously giving me Jordan Vibes lol. Jordan destroyed everyone in terms of views. I'm not sure about FB but on Ytube, by the time the other contestants had reached 200-300K views, Jordan was already at 3-4M imo. I know Jordan's views were far more significant than Carter's but considering that the viewership of THE VOICE has decreased a lot in the previous seasons, he is doing really well.

I wasn't really on IDF much during this season but I've seen you commented something along these lines at least 10 times, like okay we get it 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, kingtodd said:

I think Maelyn had better songs that everyone was familiar with, better performance slots and also less indie influenced than Cami

Basically this^

Maelyn went mainstream, Cami (an indie girl) got turned into a belter at some point. She still slayed though. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, echoap said:

You may like her or not but she earned every bit of praise with her performances. Nothing overhyped here. 

It’s not even a question of whether or not I like her. That has nothing to do with it. Taryn was also overhyped here. As was Joanna Serenko. I’m partially responsible for that. They were both my favorites, and I have no issue admitting that. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, kingtodd said:

I wasn't really on IDF much during this season but I've seen you commented something along these lines at least 10 times, like okay we get it 

LOL this is the second time. 🙂

Edited by Hamza Tufail
  • Like 1