Songs Performed Once - and 'Never' Again

Bouli

Well, I guess we've just gotten another one last night - courtesy of Todd Tilghman, "Glory of Love."

(Correct me if I'm wrong, please and thank you :haha:)

• 1 year later...

Cassadee Pope - Payphone also needs to be mentioned. 

This is one of her weakest performances (I still enjoy it tho), due to this song being at a very fast pace (like Walk Like An Egyptian), that's probably why no one else sings it in the show.

Ali Caldwell - 9 to 5 suffered the same fate, but at least they both survived their respective round.

LOL NVM I FORGOT PRYOR AND E.A.R COVERED IT TOO

Edited by Ottoxxx

Before anyone mentions other contesntants from Season 21, here is this performance of a song that is 10 years old and has been sung in a lot of versions around the world, but for some reason was never done in the USA version before. 

I don't think any contestant is gonna sing it again any time soon. This "Instant Save performance" already has more than 900k viems, i don't see anyone topping this in a long time. 

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, Gustavo527 said:

Before anyone mentions other contesntants from Season 21, here is this performance of a song that is 10 years old and has been sung in a lot of versions around the world, but for some reason was never done in the USA version before. 

I don't think any contestant is gonna sing it again any time soon. This "Instant Save performance" already has more than 900k viems, i don't see anyone topping this in a long time. 

Katrina Parker (S2) sang it before. I loved both btw

• Thanks 1

Dani Moz (S6) - Edge of Glory. (which has been covered before by another contestant but montaged, so doesn't count) Such an underrated performance that happened to be one of my favorite  performances that season, she proved she would be worthy to stay in the competition after being involved in an undeserving elimination of Clarissa Serna. It's sad that she flopped afterwards though. 

Edited by Ottoxxx
  • Like 3

• 9 months later...
7 minutes ago, zjc19951109 said:

Wow didn't know this thread exist. In that case I'm gonna raise two of my favorite renditions ever on the show

Brendan Fletcher - The River

Joshua Davis - America

Loved those two.

Speaking of Springsteen, there´s also Britton Buchanan with "The Rising". One and done deal. 

But given that Springsteen doesn´t own his catalogue now, I could see songs of his being covered more. They already had him as a theme in the Idol finale of this past season.

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

Loved those two.

Speaking of Springsteen, there´s also Britton Buchanan with "The Rising". One and done deal. 

But given that Springsteen doesn´t own his catalogue now, I could see songs of his being covered more. They already had him as a theme in the Idol finale of this past season.

Bodie singing Born to Run, who says no😆

I'm only half joking though

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/22/2020 at 4:28 PM, Bouli said:

Jordan Smith - "Somebody to Love." The Queen one, not the OneRepublic song that Todd Michael Hall was unfortunate enough to get stuck with. Jordan laid that song to rest, and it would be a mistake for anyone to ever try to do it again because we're all going to compare it to Jordan, and it isn't going to beat his.

Btw, I think this has changed now, because this song has now been performed on The Voice for the first time in 13 seasons. Omar Jose Cardona SLAYED with this song on Monday night in the Finale of Season 22.

Jordan Smith - "Somebody to Love." The Queen one, not the OneRepublic song that Todd Michael Hall was unfortunate enough to get stuck with. Jordan laid that song to rest, and it would be a mistake for anyone to ever try to do it again because we're all going to compare it to Jordan, and it isn't going to beat his.

Btw, I think this has changed now, because this song has now been performed on The Voice for the first time in 13 seasons. Omar Jose Cardona SLAYED with this song on Monday night in the Finale of Season 22.

41 minutes ago, JodiRose said:

100% agreed. I think it's controversial to say, but I think Omar's performance was just as good as Jordan's. They were both extremely special performances, both two of the greatest performances in the show's history. I didn't think anyone could do it, but Omar ABSOLUTELY did.

(Also, Omar was one of my top 2 singers this season, along with Justin, so maybe I'm a little biased lol)

• Like 2