American Idol Auditions Happening NOW!

Carrie_On

3 hours ago, kenboy123 said:

I wonder if they are going to finish up the season remotely real quickly or if they are going to cancel the whole season and make the top 20 audition all over again...

That's not going to happen, if i were you i would loook at Laine Hardy's virtual tour schedule, it's on his website

4 hours ago, kenboy123 said:

I wonder if they are going to finish up the season remotely real quickly or if they are going to cancel the whole season and make the top 20 audition all over again...

We're all telling you they won't cancel the season lol. How quickly they will finish the season remotely is still up in the air. The four weeks they have left doesn't seem sufficient at all.

3 minutes ago, redwood79 said:

We're all telling you they won't cancel the season lol. How quickly they will finish the season remotely is still up in the air. The four weeks they have left doesn't seem sufficient at all.

You don't know that for sure...finishing the season remotely has still yet to be confirmed...this does raise more questions since they are already planning for the next season already as I already suspected they would...

Edited by kenboy123

They likely will go remote to finish the season.  Ryan said he's very hopeful that can happen.  And Laine Hardy is scheduled to appear on Sun Apr 19.

I don't think they would just end this season now and make everyone audition again. I also don't think they will postpone the season until live shows are possible.

4 hours ago, kenboy123 said:

This is now the second thread that you are suggesting that they audition again.

Why are you insistent on making them audition again?

Edited by jjeem

I think this current season will be rushed for completion. Perhaps a 20 - 10- 5 - 3 elimination format. Just so they can say they completed the 18th season. I doubt the winner will get any attention and the show will just try again with S19, perhaps letting people who made the Top 20 (but not Top 10) a chance to re-audition. As well as new judges. I know that sounds pessimistic but with the show already announcing auditions for next season, it seems like they’re ready to get this one over with. Also, they’re gonna want to wrap the season before Katy gets TOO pregnant lol. 

Edited by Carrie_On

50 minutes ago, jjeem said:

This is now the second thread that you are suggesting that they audition again.

Why are you insistent on making them audition again?

I'm not insisting that they do...all I'm saying is that it is a possibility, especially if they don't do it remotely (which hasn't been confirmed) or the taping of the auditions for next season have already been scheduled leaving them no time to do the live shows...they may have no choice than to make them audition again

Do you actually believe that if that can't do it until the next season is scheduled to begin taping that they are going to "fast track" around 10-15 people (because probably not everyone can return) to the top 20??? leaving only 5-10 spots up for grabs...i think that's very unlikely...

Edited by kenboy123

1 hour ago, kenboy123 said:

I'm not insisting that they do...all I'm saying is that it is a possibility, especially if they don't do it remotely (which hasn't been confirmed) or the taping of the auditions for next season have already been scheduled leaving them no time to do the live shows...they may have no choice than to make them audition again

Do you actually believe that if that can't do it until the next season is scheduled to begin taping that they are going to "fast track" around 10-15 people (because probably not everyone can return) to the top 20??? leaving only 5-10 spots up for grabs...i think that's very unlikely...

The remote concept  hasn't been formally confirmed.  But they also haven't said no either.   But it looks to be moving in that direction.   Laine is scheduled to perform on Sun April 19.  And he's not going to perform by himself for 2 hrs.

Edited by mytake1

12 hours ago, mytake1 said:

The remote concept  hasn't been formally confirmed.  But they also haven't said no either.   But it looks to be moving in that direction.   Laine is scheduled to perform on Sun April 19.  And he's not going to perform by himself for 2 hrs.

Isn’t the 19th the second part of that “This Is Me” episode or whatever it’s called this year?

10 minutes ago, holinessss said:

maybe they'll do a segment on him and his tour/concerts

That's what I was assuming. I just meant it isn't a confirmation of anything with performances, since the 19th isn't a performance show under the current schedule. :haha: