Megan Danielle Fan Thread

season1

28 minutes ago, season1 said:

Glad that Megan made the Top 10. This is another great performance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eDRdJacMdw

I'm just glad Megan has gotten the chance to prove herself that she can sing live. Her COVID season didn't allow that a few years ago.

I'd like to think she could have been even at least near this level of slayage back when she was 18. No one can doubt her now though, she has what it takes to get to the Finale, but overall I'm just happy she keeps delivering every round.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

I'm just glad Megan has gotten the chance to prove herself that she can sing live. Her COVID season didn't allow that a few years ago.

I'd like to think she could have been even at least near this level of slayage back when she was 18. No one can doubt her now though, she has what it takes to get to the Finale, but overall I'm just happy she keeps delivering every round.

I think if Megan was in a regular The Voice season without coach quota, she might have made the finale as Kelly's second finalist. I hope she gets a good song again tomorrow and slays it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, season1 said:

Megan's post thanking her supporters and fans --

hNRBgRK.png

https://www.instagram.com/p/Crr_FdBs6Hj/

I'm feeling another moment coming, I hope whatever the "judges' choice" is, that it's in her lane. 

She's very versatile, so I have no doubt she'll slay it, but the song choice will be what matters when it comes to votes. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

I'm feeling another moment coming, I hope whatever the "judges' choice" is, that it's in her lane. 

She's very versatile, so I have no doubt she'll slay it, but the song choice will be what matters when it comes to votes. 

How does the "Judge's Song" work?

1. Is it like the "coack pick" on The Voice and each judge would suggest any song (from any artist) and the contestant pick one?

2. Or do they give a contestant 3 songs recorded by the judges and the contestant pick one to sing?

However they do it, I hope Megan picks a great song.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, season1 said:

How does the "Judge's Song" work?

1. Is it like the "coack pick" on The Voice and each judge would suggest any song (from any artist) and the contestant pick one?

2. Or do they give a contestant 3 songs recorded by the judges and the contestant pick one to sing?

However they do it, I hope Megan picks a great song.

IIRC from last season, it goes like the 1st option.

Apparently each judge chooses a song to suggest to each artist, and the artist can decide which one they want to go with. It's also like a game to the judges, cause the one judge who has the most songs selected from their suggestions(from the collective artists), will be able to have a save for the bottom artists. 

But Megan will have a selection of three songs, she seems to know which songs work best for her so far, I'm sure she'll pick a great one.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

IIRC from last season, it goes like the 1st option.

Apparently each judge chooses a song to suggest to each artist, and the artist can decide which one they want to go with. It's also like a game to the judges, cause the one judge who has the most songs selected from their suggestions(from the collective artists), will be able to have a save for the bottom artists. 

But Megan will have a selection of three songs, she seems to know which songs work best for her so far, I'm sure she'll pick a great one.

Thanks.

I hope she truly has a special song tonight. (I hope it's NOT "Take Me To Church" or "Hallelujah")

Has she sung this on Idol yet? If not, I hope she gets to sing this song ("Oceans" by Hillsong United). This cover is very powerful.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, allistr said:

She got the best song choice possible and slayed it. Your favorite covered your another favorite's audition song, you're on a roll :giggle:

:haha: I totally forgot that Marybeth sang "Angel From Montgomery" for her Voice audition, until someone mentioned it on one of the threads. Now if Marybeth sings "Remedy" (Megan's audition song) tonight, it would be a full circle. ^_^

Edited by season1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, season1 said:

So glad that Megan advanced to the Top 8 tonight. K08012s.gif

What a powerful performance of a great song --

Luke did a nice job suggesting that song to her. 

https://youtu.be/n2lZwKpLcsY

Megan had a great week with the combo of "Angel From Montgomery" and "Go Rest High On That Mountain"

At this point, I'm not sure if I should be shocked anymore at how well she does. She's clearly proven that she has musicality, power, and pitch, along with a lot of vulnerability in her tone. I'm excited that she keeps showing her potential more and more after every round.

It would be a damn shame if she wasn't in the Finale at this rate, she deserves to get there even if she doesn't win it all.

I'm not sure what could classify as a "moment" for Idol, but I think if she has another moment like "Thank God I Do" it can be a good bet to see her go all the way to the Top 3. 

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

Megan had a great week with the combo of "Angel From Montgomery" and "Go Rest High On That Mountain"

At this point, I'm not sure if I should be shocked anymore at how well she does. She's clearly proven that she has musicality, power, and pitch, along with a lot of vulnerability in her tone. I'm excited that she keeps showing her potential more and more after every round.

It would be a damn shame if she wasn't in the Finale at this rate, she deserves to get there even if she doesn't win it all.

I'm not sure what could classify as a "moment" for Idol, but I think if she has another moment like "Thank God I Do" it can be a good bet to see her go all the way to the Top 3. 

It would be awesome if Megan makes the Finale, and if the show gives her favorable songs and edits, and she continues to improve, she might make it.

I think her emotional connection to the songs, is her biggest strength. Adding power at the right moments make her performances impactful. She's clearly more connected to worship or gospel songs, so I won't be surprised if she gets another moment with "Rescue" (by Lauren Daigle), maybe "How Great Thou Art".

I wish TGID was performed during a voting round because that was so good.

Edited by season1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, QueenMae16 said:

Crazy thing is I don't think Megan has had a "moment" yet.

Partly because all her performances have been of similar quality, which is great. When most contestants are peaks and valleys, she's been at her peak since Hollywood imo.

• Like 1

Just watched the performances, I didn't read the live discussion thread, but from what I've seen I actually thought she was kinda underrated this time?

She was really good, the song played to her strengths again but I didn't get bored of hearing her because her tone and delivery draws you in.

• Like 1

Just got caught up with her performances on idol.

Wow, Megan is consistent as always. That rasp is killer. She is very emotive, and knows how to grab your attention. So many beautiful intricacies in her voice, very emotional as well.

I have been in awe watching her grow since her time on The Voice, glad she is able to fully showcase her talent on a live stage this time around.

She better be in that finale, that's for sure.

• Like 5