Could Idol mimic The Living Room Concert’s format for live shows?

xfactor22

I’m watching the living room concert live right now, and it seems to be going great so far. I think having contestants film their performances from their home could be a safe way of still doing the show without causing harm to contestants if they wanna try that. As Alicia Keys the Backstreet Boys showed, you can easily also do a performance by Using the piano or moving around in your own home respectively.  

I haven't seen the living room concerts, but not performing on the same stage will drastically affect some people's performances...some of these kids are possibly rich and some of them like Sam are super poor, just the background how much room they have and what their house looks like can affect the performances greatly...if one is performing in a giant mansion and the other is performing in a beat up shack can be a huge difference...

Edited by kenboy123

2 hours ago, kenboy123 said:

I haven't seen the living room concerts, but not performing on the same stage will drastically affect some people's performances...some of these kids are possibly rich and some of them like Sam are super poor, just the background how much room they have and what their house looks like can affect the performances greatly...if one is performing in a giant mansion and the other is performing in a beat up shack can be a huge difference...

I mean, there’s usually a backyard in each house...and Idol could always help a few of the top 20 who need it for fresh equipment.

2 hours ago, kenboy123 said:

I doubt anyone is living in a giant mansion or beat up shack.  Sam  lives in an apartment.  Very respectable.  Besides, the living room concerts shows very little of where the person lives.  And Idol would help with the set-up and staging. 

Good Idea.

I don't think it's a good idea. There is a definite difference between a live audience atmosphere & just singing at home. There's also a level of comfort contestants would have from home than in front of a live audience.

Celebrities doing it are already famous so people would already watch.

They could, but the variation in acoustics and equipment might be considered too much of an uneven playing field. Would you want your chances on Idol to come down to how good a job your mother did as sound engineer?

Edited by AngelaKD

1 hour ago, Carrie_On said:

Right now, I don’t see a big need to hurry up with the live shows. It’s not like the winner could even get to work on recording an album right now, given how the whole entertainment industry is pretty much on hold. 

Well...if they can't get it done soon...they could be at the mercy of the ABC scheduling and how many time slots are even available....ABC has a lot of shows that already have the time slots...by the time this pandemic ends or is under controlled...filming for next season might be scheduled to become...they may be forced to move on to the next season and the top 20 will have to audition all over again if they want to be on the show...

12 hours ago, Carrie_On said:

Right now, I don’t see a big need to hurry up with the live shows. It’s not like the winner could even get to work on recording an album right now, given how the whole entertainment industry is pretty much on hold. 

Working on an album is exactly what everyone in the music industry is doing instead of touring.

You can do writing sessions over videoconference. Everyone records separately. The producers work their magic. 

People record duets without ever meeting these days. No reason to put off an album.