American Idol Rankdown 2.0

sublymonal

1 minute ago, 1234567890 said:

I left Jeremiah as a test to see if he would cut one of the more well known names and of course he does. PREDICTABILITY, GOT TO LOVE IT. ❤️

thats okay, so is the predictability of beating a dead fish.  We love to see it.  

MICHELLE SUSSETT

giphy-3.gif

Prior to joining the rankdown, I had the impression that she had quite the fanbase in this rankdown but her time is now done as she is clearly one of the weaker link. And now, it's time to refresh your memory when it comes to Michelle Sussett - she is from Miami and she appeared on the 16th season, or as ABC likes to call it "Season 1". On the show, she auditioned with a Selena song - she was not as good as Selena but she still advanced to the next round. When it came to the live shows, I personally thought her performances were a bit pitchy and not that great - I did not enjoy any of her performances but I thought her performance of "Remember Me" and "I'm a Dreamer" was special. But beside that, she's mediocre at best. And she finished in 10th place so more reason for her to leave.

SAVING: LACI KAYE BOOTH

5 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

If you think I'm ever gonna choose to listen to a Gabby Barrett song you have another thing coming.

When @sublymonal and I were waiting to meet C*de and Caleb at the American Idol tent (just for Caleb, obviously) in 2017, they kept replaying her performance of Don't Stop Believin' on their TV screen and I thought I was going to die.

Paul Jolley

450?cb=20130410023707

Who? I had to cut him because he is a decently above average looking white man so he might outlast his worth in this rankdown. Paul was on the 12th season of Idol, but he was a man so obviously we had to dispose of him immediately :wub:. Too bad S12 happened when I was ridiculously disinterested in Idol because I stan that misandrist's dream. I think Paul was a country singer...? He at least performed a lot of country songs. The performance I remember most from him is "Eleanor Rigby" and it was a hot mess and got him sent home. David Cook you are not! I remember Nicki #dragging him in Hollywood lemme try to find it. Okay I found it. He came out defeated apparently and it made her livid and he looked like he wanted to die as Nicki was reading him and calling him unprofessional :dead:. Oop the clip cut off early. I remember that being a lolzy moment though GOD I LOVE TRAINWRECK MOMENTS THE SHOW GIVES ME. Anyways he didn't do anything memorable so out he goes.

Saving Quentin

1 minute ago, Elliott said:

When @sublymonal and I were waiting to meet C*de and Caleb at the American Idol tent (just for Caleb, obviously) in 2017, they kept replaying her performance of Don't Stop Believin' on their TV screen and I thought I was going to die.

A nightmare...a literal nightmare.

Jeremiah Lloyd Harmon

Jeremiah Lloyd Harmon talks 'American Idol' shocking elimination ...

I honestly thought someone was going to save him and thats why I waited a couple minutes before I posted.  I know this is a controversial cut, but I suppose I just don't care as people have allowed a favorite or two of mine leave already by nominating them.  I liked Jeremiah's singing and I think he was the second besy his season.  I liked his backstory, but his personality was not something I cared.  In my mind he was the front runner for most of the live shows.  I loved To Make You feel My Love.  When you give him songs like Candle on the Water and Who Wants to Live Forever, its easy to see why he was crushing the competition.  I am not really a fan of originals, so I didn't care for the one he did at the Top 14.  I don't think he should have left Top 6 when he did, because his performance of Somewhere slayed.  People keep saving Uche, and now they get to see Jeremiah place under him.  That said, if there is a comeback, Jeremiah is primed now to return.

Save:  Zoanette

Edited by Solaris

Just now, Alex95 said:

Uche > Jeremiah (and everyone else that season) so that shade doesn't work on me.

Watching it live, I preferred Jeremiah but nowadays, I remember far more of Uché than I do Jeremiah so he's probably my second favourite now. :haha: