The American Politics Thread!

Rate this topic

istersay

Trump still seems to be leading most of the national polls, but state level polls seem to be trending toward DeSantis, and he isn’t even an candidate yet.  Based on Trump’s childish behavior lately, I’d say he’s well aware of this. 

“…….Mr. DeSantis said the immigrant experience is, in many ways, the same as it was a century ago. Most of all, newcomers desperately want to be Americans: “And they want to be thought of as Americans, not lumped together as a political voting bloc in the way Democrats do,” he explained of voters who come from a wide range of countries only to be lumped together as “Hispanic” or, worse yet, “Latinx.”

“That would just be like in 1890 to lump in people that have come from Ireland, Italy or Eastern Europe, and then say, ‘Oh, you guys are all white.’ That would’ve been viewed I think suspiciously,” he said, explaining that the Cuban American experience is different from people who are Colombian or Brazilian or Nicaraguan. “We appeal to people as individuals. We don’t appeal to people as groups. I think that’s what most Americans want, regardless of their particular background.”

Mr. DeSantis said treating people as individuals — and respecting that their faith is integral to who they are at least as much as other markers of identity — is how you earn their trust to listen to your argument for governing.

“I think the proof’s in the pudding. No Republican has ever come close to winning as much of that vote as I just did last fall,” he said. “We haven’t won Miami-Dade County in a generation, and not only did we win and flip it, we won to by 11, double digits, and so I think that our approach, policy-wise, is vindicated. But also on the political side, people did respond to be treating as Americans and not a voting bloc and that’s good……”

https://www.post-gazette.com/opinion/insight/2023/02/26/ron-desantis-dunedin-aliquippa-catholic-salena-zito/stories/202302260033

—-

His book come out tomorrow, and it’s already #1 on Amazon’s best seller list. 

Link to book: 

https://www.amazon.com/Courage-Be-Free-Floridas-Blueprint/dp/0063276003/ref=zg_bs_books_sccl_1/146-2460419-6635106?psc=1

Link to best seller list:

https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Books/zgbs/books

Edited by TeamAudra

4 hours ago, sneaky said:

Uh oh Ronnie. (I Dont think this means Trump wins but this was a big mistake)

Trump cult showed up to harass people at a DeSantis book signing. What a bunch of losers. He isn’t even a candidate. 🤷‍♂️ 

This was a stunt orchestrated by Roger Stone and Laura Loomer (she’s in the video). Laura is probably one of the nuttiest people on the planet. 

If DeSantis happens to end up in the White House, I’m guessing Trump won’t be getting that pardon. 

EDIT: Loomer actually tweeted to her followers to show up and protest this book signing. 7 people showed up, including her. 

Meanwhile, this is what it looked like inside. 

And according to bookstore management, the mall handles security, not people in the bookstore. DeSantis probably wasn’t even aware there were 7 people protesting outside, and honestly the more I think about it, he probably doesn’t care. He gets protestors everywhere he goes. 

Edited by TeamAudra

DeSantis gave a speech yesterday at the Reagan Library, and has already turned it into a campaign ad, despite not being an announced candidate. This shadow campaign with the book tour is brilliant. I told you all a long time ago, he is crafty! This is just the beginning. He’ll be doing this for the next several months, because he won’t be announcing anything until after his legislative session wraps up in May, and he’ll be putting up a lot of wins on the scoreboard to talk about, considering he has supermajorities in both the House and Senate. 

• Like 1

Musk weighs in on the J6 footage:

Schumer is sure not happy about it:

About that two-party system:

It's almost like there's coordination among media outlets:

[image borrowed from another site]

98ac181e4f8fec37.jpg

Edited by season1
  • Thanks 1