The American Politics Thread!

Rate this topic

istersay

Steven Crowder claims to be exposing "Big Con" and the contracts that control them, calling out the fake "conservatives." 

The video has almost a million views in just a day. Although he didn't name names, I kinda figured out some of the people he's referring to.

You may ask, who is Crowder and why should we care about issues with the contract he highlighted? If many influential voices in conservative media are controlled opposition, working under similar contract he's railing against, it affects what issues and contents are amplified in right-leaning media. How is that related to American politics? Many of these right-leaning content creators are influencing what political issues are pushed to the front and what issues are set aside or ignored. 

One loose rule for me to figure out who could be in what he refers to as Big Con, is if Big Tech allows them to flourish while many conservative voices are banned and deplatformed. Especially if they don't talk about certain hot topics that could result in demonetization or boycott, chances are, they have some contract restrictions about contents. Although some may have longer leash than others.

Hours after Crowder posted his video, Daily Wire responded.

CTH Commentary:

What Crowder is discussing is the reason why Michelle Malkin dropped out of the fight.  The “BigCon” Crowder notes is essentially like the Fox News of alternative media. They offer incentives to monetize the content provider (broadcaster, website, pod caster etc.) then lock the content providers into extremely controlling contracts that control the outcomes.

Ultimately, what the audience ends up seeing is an approved finished product that is acceptable to BigCon and Big Tech.  In essence they are in bed together to stop bold and alternative conversation and filtrate the message to shades of soft pastels.

I don't know if Michelle Malkin's retirement is because she refused to be tied to a similar contact, but after reading her article about stepping aside, the current alt media landscape could be a factor.

(CTH also named some alleged "Big Con" personalities and organizations, including Daily Wire. I think he missed several names though.)

I don't really listen or watch political discussions; I prefer reading blogs/articles/threads. But I understand that many get their political discourse from podcasts and videos. So I welcome a more decentralized structure to support creators, vs a few entities controlling the more influential voices in the political arena. 

Edited by season1
  • Like 1

Former Clinton pollster, Mark Penn, thinks the Biden classified document scandal is a side show for bigger scandals, like his business dealings and Hunter. He doesn’t think Biden will be the Democrat nominee in ‘24. I’m not sure what to think about that, but Penn is an insider, and there’s probably a lot of discussion taking place behind the scenes. 

Edited by TeamAudra

I haven’t been sick since Dec 2020, when I had COVID. I used to catch a nasty cold at least once or twice a year. Maybe that bout with COVID was worth it. I’ve had colds that were much worse. (I know many had much more severe cases. I’m only referring to my own personal experience). 

How a COVID-19 infection spurs antibodies against common colds

Scripps Research scientists analyzing coronavirus antibodies found more antibodies that recognize other, related viruses in people who had been infected with COVID-19.

https://www.scripps.edu/news-and-events/press-room/2022/20220504-ward-coronavirus-antibodies.html

——

I really wish health care “experts” would spend more time promoting healthy eating, exercise. and maintaining a healthy weight, because obesity is clearly one of the highest risk factors. All resources were devoted to promoting an unproven vaccine, even after it was clear that it didn’t prevent infection and transmission. I won’t be surprised if some people end up behind bars over this. Follow the money. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Democrats really do want him gone, don’t they? 

s1uJLRu.png

—-

Federal agents searched his home for 13 hours yesterday, and found more classified documents. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/justice-dept-search-of-biden-home-in-wilmington-turns-up-more-documents/ar-AA16BsQi

White House lawyers reportedly requested the FBI search that found a fourth batch of "misplaced" classified documents inside Biden's Wilmington, Delaware, private residence on Friday. This batch is from his time in the Senate. The previous batches in Biden's garage were from his time as vice president.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/3824675-zients-to-replace-klain-as-white-house-chief-of-staff

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, RTV said:

White House lawyers reportedly requested the FBI search that found a fourth batch of "misplaced" classified documents inside Biden's Wilmington, Delaware, private residence on Friday. This batch is from his time in the Senate. The previous batches in Biden's garage were from his time as vice president.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/3824675-zients-to-replace-klain-as-white-house-chief-of-staff

The DOJ is considering other locations too…

What do you think the objective is here? Do you think they’re trying to force Biden out? I’m considering other possibilities, as well, but none of them are helpful for Biden. This is a really bad look for a sitting President, and it doesn’t look like it’s over yet. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

The DOJ is considering other locations too…

What do you think the objective is here? Do you think they’re trying to force Biden out? I’m considering other possibilities, as well, but none of them are helpful for Biden. This is a really bad look for a sitting President, and it doesn’t look like it’s over yet. 

I don't know, but there's bound to be one.

Considering the spectacle the FBI and DoJ made of seizing documents at Mar-a-Lago in August, I would have immediately and voluntarily turned over any documents of a similar nature in my possession. 

Classified documents were evidently discovered at Biden's former personal office in DC on November 2. During a search of Biden's two Delaware residences, no classified documents were located in Rehoboth Beach. Documents were found in Wilmington, and the White House counsel's office reportedly informed the DoJ about those on December 20. Yet the news of Biden's classified documents didn't break until January 9. Then on January 16, we learned that there are no visitors logs that track guests at Biden's residences.

Attorney General Merrick Garland has now appointed special counsels to investigate the former and sitting president's actions. Both of their homes have been searched by law enforcement, although the searches were handled very differently. Whatever the objective, the documents issue hasn't helped either man's image or political aspirations.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/poll-americans-biden-trump-inappropriately-handled-classified-documents/story?id=96584674

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RTV said:

I don't know, but there's bound to be one.

Considering the spectacle the FBI and DoJ made of seizing documents at Mar-a-Lago in August, I would have immediately and voluntarily turned over any documents of a similar nature in my possession. 

Classified documents were evidently discovered at Biden's former personal office in DC on November 2. During a search of Biden's two Delaware residences, no classified documents were located in Rehoboth Beach. Documents were found in Wilmington, and the White House counsel's office reportedly informed the DoJ about those on December 20. Yet the news of Biden's classified documents didn't break until January 9. Then on January 16, we learned that there are no visitors logs that track guests at Biden's residences.

Attorney General Merrick Garland has now appointed special counsels to investigate the former and sitting president's actions. Both of their homes have been searched by law enforcement, although the searches were handled very differently. Whatever the objective, the documents issue hasn't helped either man's image or political aspirations.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/poll-americans-biden-trump-inappropriately-handled-classified-documents/story?id=96584674

Perhaps the DOJ and FBI (with the assistance of White House lawyers) are sacrificing Biden in an attempt to protect their reputation. They also understand we could have a Republican President in ‘24, and don’t want to be viewed as partisan, because depending on who that is, there could be some massive house cleaning. Personally, I think it’s too late to change that perception….

• Like 1

Anyone remember this guy? He was probably the biggest Trump backer on Twitter, was banned (I’m not sure of the reason, maybe just for being a prominent Trump supporter on Twitter), and is now reinstated. 

You should check out his feed now…..

b1kVozE.png