The Voice 17 ● Live Top 13 Performances ● Discussion

istersay

I was following the thread without the stream, and there's a serious disconnect between the comments and the performances I watched lol.

MB's performance was affected by her emotions, but if anything it'll get her more votes. She's 100% safe.

this is IDF what did you expect about the comments, good judgements? IPB Image

Yeah I have listened to that song in particular a ton and she is not in Kacey's league at all. People are either just happy that it wasn't a complete train wreck like last week or they aren't familiar enough with Kacey like they should be.

Or...they aren't comparing Cali to Kasey, which no one should. It's a little harsh to drag Cali bc she wasn't as good as the superstar, original artist imo. We'd have to drag everybody if that's the criteria...including Marybeth.

Edited by ATX29

Or...they aren't comparing Cali to Kasey, which no one should. It's a little harsh to drag Cali bc she wasn't as good as the superstar, original artist imo. We'd have to drag everybody if that's the criteria...including Marybeth.

Those are the risks you take when you sing songs like this though. It's a risk / reward situation. She will be fine this week though since so many people were way worse than her.

Those are the risks you take when you sing songs like this though. It's a risk / reward situation. She will be fine this week though since so many people were way worse than her.

Kacey Musgraves is good but it’s not like her songs are untouchable like you’re making them out to be. It’s as if you’re thinking Kacey is the next Whitney Houston or Prince

True and as already stated...I do think it's deceptively hard to pull off a Kasey song. Looking back objectively, I'd say there were at the very least 5 acts that were much worse than Cali...so yeah, she should be ok this week.

True and as already stated...I do think it's deceptively hard to pull off a Kasey song. Looking back objectively, I'd say there were at the very least 5 acts that were much worse than Cali...so yeah, she should be ok this week.

Yeah I agree with all of this it's a lot harder to pull off then one would think especially that song. Shane, HS, Will, Joanna, Myracle were all worse than her so yeah shes fine for now.

This is true. I went in expecting it to not be good, so the bar wasn’t high for me in the first place. I just don’t think she has the vocal control to pull off that song. She should be singing Fleetwood Mac and similar, like a lot of us expected. Stay away from songs that require her to dip in and out of her head voice, at the very least.

Edited by TeamAudra

This is true. I went in expecting it to not be good, so the bar wasn’t high for me in the first place. I just don’t think she has the vocal control to pull off that song. She should be singing Fleetwood Mac and similar, like a lot of us expected. Stay away from songs that require her to dip in and out of her head voice, at the very least.

Def agree on what she should be singing. Guess it's unpop but I liked Cali more than most of the others last night...but to be fair that could be due to the song bc I just adore everything about Kasey.