The Voice 17 ● Live Top 13 Performances ● Discussion

istersay

No sure about the "plastic bag" look/feel of the dress, but that was a pretty exquisite vocal from Marybeth (exquisite doesn't = perfect). She had her Aliyah Molden moment. I think that's the best "performance" of the night, with 2 left to go.

Edited by dirActing

The vocal suffered from the emotion, but sometimes that works, and makes a song more powerful. This was one of those times.

I actually think it suffered due to the emotions. I think Addison is one of the only contestants who has the power of balancing emotion and vocals to give powerful performance. I feel like I was just left thinking "that was nice" with Marybeth.

Edited by joe14

Poor Marybeth her emotions got the best of her.

I’m sorry to say this and I hope I don’t sound heartless but why does every artist who cries, cries at the very end of the song Addison included

Because the best kind of music can be very emotional and once you get done singing a song with a lot of meaning to you like that its not surprising that someone would cry at the end.

Because the best kind of music can be very emotional and once you get done singing a song with a lot of meaning to you like that its not surprising that someone would cry at the end.

I kinda get what he/she is saying...why not in the middle or any other part. It just seems to always happen right before it end. Like they never seem to finish it. But I agree with you.