♩ ♪ ♫ Chloe Kohanski Fan Thread ♫ ♪ ♩,

Kaito

On 9/20/2021 at 1:01 AM, WastedinMemphis said:

Agree, as much as it's anysubgenre.  Look back at the original Stawberry Fields post above (video is gone) - seems to be going for the same thing.  It's thin instrumentally and pretty static, though.  Seems kinda homemade. I'm curious to see where she goes from here.

Yep.

1 hour ago, echoap said:

The song is OK, it's has an 90's 2000's alt rock vibe. 

Fun fact: Chloe fought all the boomers asking her to do Rock music so hard just to end up doing it anyway 😆

It would've been cool if she did what Miley is currently doing, pop but with a rock edge to her vocals. 

• Like 2

On 9/6/2020 at 10:26 AM, echoap said:

Chloe worked with Brooke Simpson on this new song. It was released some days ago. "So Tired, Pt 1" by Brooke Simpson (feat. Chloe MK). 

This sounds pretty good; their voices do blend well together.

I've read all that's been said by y'all and I'm rather at a loss to know what to say about Chloe & her music at this stage, anymore. Or what to add to what has already been said by y'all. But I'm sure you get my drift...

Edited by Drew1903

At 9:45 am on 9.22, the video had 1455 views on YT.

Btw, the credits on on the video show -

"written & produced by Evan Boutte & chloe mk

© 2021 special baby records"

In a quick search, I didn't find an Evan Boutte who seemed like a candidate, and didn't find a "special baby records" though there's a reference on a "legal download" site called Juno. It lists only Slide at the search link.

The BMI database lists the same two composers.  I didn't see any other credits for Mr. Boutte.

Edited by WastedinMemphis
  • Thanks 1

Chloe did a Twitter AMA session on 9.21. Among other things -

- She's "making the music I've always dreamed of making."

- Album out by end of year.  10 songs.

- Glittery  sludge: "𝚜𝚕𝚒𝚍𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚘𝚜𝚝 𝚎𝚗𝚎𝚛𝚐𝚎𝚝𝚒𝚌 𝚜𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚊𝚕𝚋𝚞𝚖. 𝙴𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢 𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚜 𝚊 𝚍𝚘𝚠𝚗𝚎𝚛. 𝚐𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚢 𝚜𝚕𝚞𝚍𝚐𝚎." (block quoted from Twitter in chloe's typeface)

- Album theme: "𝙸𝚝𝚜 𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚎𝚗 𝚖𝚎 𝚢𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚙𝚊𝚌𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚖𝚢 𝚜𝚘𝚞𝚕. 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝’𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖𝚎. 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚕𝚜 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚖𝚎𝚎𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎"

- Further releases: "𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚢𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚋𝚎 𝚊 𝚌𝚑𝚕𝚘𝚎 𝚖𝚔 𝚏𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚍"

- Will her earlier track Cosmic be included: "𝙽𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚖𝚢 𝚙𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝚎𝚡𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚜 ☦︎︎"

I'm generally not going to comment further at this point but will be paying attention to any new releases.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Slide has 2521 views on YouTube this morning, two weeks post-release.  I don't do Spotify but would be curious to hear how the song has done there from someone who does. 

Chloe mentioned on Twitter since the release that she's considering releasing a second song but all silent since then.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, WastedinMemphis said:

chloe mk - Wonder (Official Video)

interesting how she's going in this full-blown shoegaze direction. She won a show called The Voice yet she's going for a subgenre that purposefully obscures the vocals. good for her getting the chance to do whatever she wants with her artistry though.

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You Decide. Posted 11.19.21

This seems like pretty straightforwardly dreampop or shoegaze, no?  It seems better produced than the songs in the first two videos.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...