The CBS RTV Rankdown

Alex95

South Pacific has Sophie, pre-merge RI goddess Christine, and really interesting stuff going on with Coach and his minions. If you can get past the dark religious stuff it's a really good season

1 minute ago, Deeee said:

UniformCreepyAmericanavocet-size_restric

Ugh goddess. Did you win an immunity, Jean-Robert???

I didn’t recommend SP because there’s so many seasons out there that are better, but I do agree SP is underrated. Especially if you’re into dark rtv stuff. The religious stuff and Brandon Hantz of it all is so tough to watch but also raw and real reality television.

10 minutes ago, #jeah said:

Agreed.

Besides China (my favorite), Gabon, and DvG, my favorites are:

Season 6 (Amazon)

Season 7 (Pearl Islands)

Season 9 (Vanuatu) pretty unpopular season but this has a fantastic storyline once the merge hits

Season 11 (Guatemala)

Season 16 (Micronesia) Best post-merge ever

Season 18 (Tocantins)

Season 20 (Heroes vs Villains)

Season 23 (South Pacific) another really unpopular season but it's fascinating imo

Season 27 (Blood Vs Water)
Season 28 (Cagayan)

Season 29 (San Juan Del Sur) def one of my favorites ever

Season 31 (Cambodia) lots of chaotic energy but still really fun

Season 32 (Kaoh Rong)

A lot of people love Philippines (25) and Millenials vs Gen X (33) as well but I think both are sorta overrated

7 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Vanuatu-Panama are all good/great in their own right (Guatemala’s not all that popular but is underrated imo).

I wasn’t a fan of CI or Fiji, but both seasons have their moments (though CI is the introduction to MULTIPLE important and iconic characters).

After that I would do the big seasons, Micronesia and HvV. You would be missing a few character introductions, but it’s not all that important. Tocantins is a popular season in some circles, but meh you can skip it imo.

After that it’s mainly sh*tty seasons lol. I’d say Philippines, Cagayan, San Juan Del Sur, and Kaoh Rong are the great remaining seasons.

And the 15 min Sophie Clarke supercut ❤️.

Thanks guys! I will definitely get into all of these, starting tomorrow probably. Cook Islands and Fiji will stay on my radar. If they have big character introductions, I might as well watch them too. At least I can skip a lot of the newer seasons, especially HvHvH considering I was correct in my assumption that the season was rigged.

#GETRIDOFIDOLS

8 minutes ago, #jeah said:

South Pacific has Sophie, pre-merge RI goddess Christine, and really interesting stuff going on with Coach and his minions. If you can get past the dark religious stuff it's a really good season

8 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Advising anyone to skip Panama is BEYOND noted :))

6 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

I didn’t recommend SP because there’s so many seasons out there that are better, but I do agree SP is underrated. Especially if you’re into dark rtv stuff. The religious stuff and Brandon Hantz of it all is so tough to watch but also raw and real reality television.

Well, considering I am all about dark reality television, South Pacific seems like something I should watch. LOL.

1 minute ago, Deeee said:

Thanks guys! I will definitely get into all of these, starting tomorrow probably. Cook Islands and Fiji will stay on my radar. If they have big character introductions, I might as well watch them too. At least I can skip a lot of the newer seasons, especially HvHvH considering I was correct in my assumption that the season was rigged.

#GETRIDOFIDOLS

CI is the one that has the important character introductions. Fiji only has one person whose ever returned (and he’s booted really early when he returns so getting to know his original season doesn’t matter). Fiji has its moments (Horsemen overthrown and car deal) but is a definite last resort season to watch.

All you need to know from HHH is Chrissy Hofbeck and that’s it :wub: 

2 minutes ago, Deeee said:

Well, considering I am all about dark reality television, South Pacific seems like something I should watch. LOL.

I mean it’s all stuck after like 11 episodes of boredom 🙈. But the endgame is truly amazing for me.

4 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

CI is the one that has the important character introductions. Fiji only has one person whose ever returned (and he’s booted really early when he returns so getting to know his original season doesn’t matter). Fiji has its moments (Horsemen overthrown and car deal) but is a definite last resort season to watch.

All you need to know from HHH is Chrissy Hofbeck and that’s it :wub: 

Okay. I'm going to compile a list of seasons to watch from what you guys have said and maybe you guys can check the list over.

"At this point, the data shows..."

I am a fan. LOL.

5 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

I mean it’s all stuck after like 11 episodes of boredom 🙈. But the endgame is truly amazing for me.

I feel like this happens often on Survivor - boring season, but solid endgame. So there is a reason to watch, but you have to suffer to get there.

14 minutes ago, #jeah said:

She is every gay man’s spirit animal

tenor.gif?itemid=11383190

I feel like she is never given enough credit by the Survivor fandom. But maybe I am just not aware of the Survivor fandom's appreciation for her.

Edited by Deeee

Lol obviously rewatching the Chrissy video now.

“Poor Ben picked the wrong time to pick a fight with me because he did not get to see his sweet Kelly. And now I’m gonna make sure that he REGRETS that he ever crossed me”

I forgot about that confessional :dead:. One of my all-times faves easily. If only production didn’t rig it for him to win lol

tenor.gif?itemid=11383190

I feel like she is never given enough credit by the Survivor fandom. But maybe I am just not aware of the Survivor fandom's appreciation for her.

No way, she’s rightfully regarded as one of Survivor’s greatest characters.

1 minute ago, Alex95 said:

No way, she’s rightfully regarded as one of Survivor’s greatest characters.

Okay good. I feel like I always see conversation about winners + white men that do not interest me (looking at you, Malcom). Where as I could talk about Courtney all day every day. LOL.

Okay good. I feel like I always see conversation about winners + white men that do not interest me (looking at you, Malcom). Where as I could talk about Courtney all day every day. LOL.

I’m not the biggest fan of S25, but Malcolm is so much fun in Philippines, one of the few times I was actually rooting for a guy to win haha.

Edited by #jeah

1 minute ago, #jeah said:

I’m not the biggest fan of S25, but Malcolm is so much fun in Philippines, one of the few times I was actually rooting for a guy to win haha.

Dee’s probably talking about Malcolm in Caramoan who, I agree, lowkey sucks. I do like Philippines Malcolm! But I love Philippines so everyone comes out of it looking good (except Sk*pin for obvious reasons)

1 minute ago, Alex95 said:

Dee’s probably talking about Malcolm in Caramoan who, I agree, lowkey sucks. I do like Philippines Malcolm! But I love Philippines so everyone comes out of it looking good (except Sk*pin for obvious reasons)

Yes, definitely talking about his time on Caramoan! Now that I know people loved him on Philippines, I can sort of forgive how much he was discussed. But I just...did not like him on Caramoan.

Just now, Deeee said:

Yes, definitely talking about his time on Caramoan! Now that I know people loved him on Philippines, I can sort of forgive how much he was discussed. But I just...did not like him on Caramoan.

Malcolm using all of his advantages and social capital to take out Phillip, not for gameplay reasons, but just because he’s awful is ICONIC. But yeah, he’s just a super bland douche bro in Caramoan. In Philippines his closest ally is the old lady and the two of them are attempting to work with a bunch of crazies so he’s a lot more fun to watch.

3 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Malcolm using all of his advantages and social capital to take out Phillip, not for gameplay reasons, but just because he’s awful is ICONIC. But yeah, he’s just a super bland douche bro in Caramoan. In Philippines his closest ally is the old lady and the two of them are attempting to work with a bunch of crazies so he’s a lot more fun to watch.

Phillip Sheppard was one of many unlikeable disasters that season. I also hated the entire finals tribe. The reunion was the worst thing ever. I am sad I returned to the show for that season. LOL.

@Deeee Starting after All Stars, here are my thoughts on every season you haven’t seen:

Vanuatu - Haven’t seen it but I’m told it’s good. :haha:

Palau - my personal favourite season

Guatemala - kinda boring, but it’s very much a sequel to Palau)

Panama - Hot mess, but it’s a good season. And Aras :wub:
Cook Islands - Parvati Shallow.

Fiji - Trash. Honestly just read the Survivor wikia for the winner tbh.

Micronesia - Parvati Shallow. But one of my favourite seasons to date.

Tocantins - It’s alright but I f*cking hate Coach.

Samoa - One of the worst edited seasons ever, but I really like most of the contestants. There was a fan edit someone made a few years back where they trimmed out Russell’s airtime and replaced it with other scenes, and it was far more enjoyable than the real season so I’ll see if I can find it. Otherwise just read about Queen Natalie ❤️

Heroes vs Villains - Loved it. Usually ranked as the best season.

Redemption Island - SKIP. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, SKIP.

South Pacific - Love Sophie, but hated everything else about this season.

One World - Terrible season and overrated winner.

Philippines - One of the best seasons, imo. But it’s ruined nowadays by REDACTED’s presence.

Blood vs Water - Great season.

Cagayan - Unpopular opinion but I hated this season. It’s typically ranked high and is a beloved season, but I struggled to watch it. I also can’t stand Tony.

San Juan Del Sur - One of my favourite seasons. It wasn’t loved when it was airing, but nowadays it’s typically looked back on fondly. The pre-merge is a bit of a slow burn, though.

Worlds Apart - Terrible season. One of my favourite winners, though.

Second Chance - A bit too game-botty for me, but it was an exciting season to look forward to and the birth of Wentworth.

Koah Rong - Top tier season, imo. Strong cast, (mostly) great drama and a nice old-school feel to it imo.

Millennials vs Gen X - Theme was shoehorned in like no other, but it was a fun season. I’d like it more if David didn’t get so much airtime.

Game Changers - lol no. Stop watching after Day 14 if you must see some of this season but it’s terrible and features one of the worst moments in Survivor history.

Heroes vs Healers vs Hustlers - Meh. It had a fun merge, but I hated most of the endgamers. Wound up rooting for the winner by default, and the runner-up is one of the most annoying contestants I’ve had to suffer through.

Ghost Island - Absolute sh*t. Don’t watch and your life will be better for it. One of the only seasons (after Thailand) I actively stopped watching. The only good thing to come out of it is the vote for the winner.

Edge of Extinction - I hate the concept of the season, but overall it was a pretty meh moment.

Island of the Idols - Yikes and yikes and yikes.

• Like 1

On 5/1/2020 at 11:50 AM, Alex95 said:

This thread: *Turns into Sequester discussion*

@*Lily or other Drag Race fans, do we stan Phi Phi O'Hara?

BB21 Ovi's hot girlfriend though :wub:. and Korey from TAR :wub:

So excited!

i know of Justin, phi phi, and korey. Taran is someone I’ve heard of from watching the mini of rhap peeps

Edited by JC