The CBS RTV Rankdown

Alex95

1 hour ago, Elliott said:

@Deeee Starting after All Stars, here are my thoughts on every season you haven’t seen:

Vanuatu - Haven’t seen it but I’m told it’s good. :haha:

Palau - my personal favourite season

Guatemala - kinda boring, but it’s very much a sequel to Palau)

Panama - Hot mess, but it’s a good season. And Aras :wub:
Cook Islands - Parvati Shallow.

Fiji - Trash. Honestly just read the Survivor wikia for the winner tbh.

Micronesia - Parvati Shallow. But one of my favourite seasons to date.

Tocantins - It’s alright but I f*cking hate Coach.

Samoa - One of the worst edited seasons ever, but I really like most of the contestants. There was a fan edit someone made a few years back where they trimmed out Russell’s airtime and replaced it with other scenes, and it was far more enjoyable than the real season so I’ll see if I can find it. Otherwise just read about Queen Natalie ❤️

Heroes vs Villains - Loved it. Usually ranked as the best season.

Redemption Island - SKIP. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, SKIP.

South Pacific - Love Sophie, but hated everything else about this season.

One World - Terrible season and overrated winner.

Philippines - One of the best seasons, imo. But it’s ruined nowadays by REDACTED’s presence.

Blood vs Water - Great season.

Cagayan - Unpopular opinion but I hated this season. It’s typically ranked high and is a beloved season, but I struggled to watch it. I also can’t stand Tony.

San Juan Del Sur - One of my favourite seasons. It wasn’t loved when it was airing, but nowadays it’s typically looked back on fondly. The pre-merge is a bit of a slow burn, though.

Worlds Apart - Terrible season. One of my favourite winners, though.

Second Chance - A bit too game-botty for me, but it was an exciting season to look forward to and the birth of Wentworth.

Koah Rong - Top tier season, imo. Strong cast, (mostly) great drama and a nice old-school feel to it imo.

Millennials vs Gen X - Theme was shoehorned in like no other, but it was a fun season. I’d like it more if David didn’t get so much airtime.

Game Changers - lol no. Stop watching after Day 14 if you must see some of this season but it’s terrible and features one of the worst moments in Survivor history.

Heroes vs Healers vs Hustlers - Meh. It had a fun merge, but I hated most of the endgamers. Wound up rooting for the winner by default, and the runner-up is one of the most annoying contestants I’ve had to suffer through.

Ghost Island - Absolute sh*t. Don’t watch and your life will be better for it. One of the only seasons (after Thailand) I actively stopped watching. The only good thing to come out of it is the vote for the winner.

Edge of Extinction - I hate the concept of the season, but overall it was a pretty meh moment.

Island of the Idols - Yikes and yikes and yikes.

@Alex95 @Elliott @#jeah

Should I just watch everything - skip Fiji, and stop after Millennials vs. Gen X? I watched DvG, so I have seen the only season worth watching post MvG, apparently,

Just now, Deeee said:

Should I just watch everything - skip Fiji, and stop after Millennials vs. Gen X? I watched DvG, so I have seen the only season worth watching post MvG, apparently,

You can skip most of the seasons in the 20s that you haven't seen. Between HvV and BvW, the only season I'd recommend is Philippines. RI, SoPa and OW were terrible.

2 minutes ago, Deeee said:

@Alex95 @Elliott @#jeah

Meh I think that's still a lot lol. I mean I watched every single season so I'd say anyone can watch them all! But I think Samoa's definitely skippable, One World's skippable, BvW is definitely skippable idk where the love is coming from, Worlds Apart is trashy, and I would stop on Kaoh Rong and not MvGX. Elliott likes the bland white guys more than you would lol so take some of his takes with a grain of salt :giggle:

Start with Vanuatu, skip Fiji, skip RI, and if you don’t like SoPa, skip One World. Skip Worlds Apart, stop after S32 or 33.

Watch Chrissy Hofbeck and Chris Noble highlights

(That’s the take I’d give if you want to watch a sh*t load of Survivor without wanting to kill yourself after lol)

Edited by #jeah
  • Haha 1

I just know that I cannot watch the season where the contestant was assaulted and there were no repercussions until he assaulted a producer/cameraman. I know that is a super recent even, but they churn Survivor seasons out way too rapidly. LOL.

3 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Meh I think that's still a lot lol. I mean I watched every single season so I'd say anyone can watch them all! But I think Samoa's definitely skippable, One World's skippable, BvW is definitely skippable idk where the love is coming from, Worlds Apart is trashy, and I would stop on Kaoh Rong and not MvGX. Elliott likes the bland white guys more than you would lol so take some of his takes with a grain of salt :giggle:

LOLOLOL. I like how many seasons are skippable. Makes my life easier.

2 minutes ago, #jeah said:

Start with Vanuatu, skip Fiji, skip RI, and if you don’t like SoPa, skip One World. Skip Worlds Apart, stop after S32 or 33.

Watch Chrissy Hofbeck and Chris Noble highlights

Okay I am starting Vanuatu right now! I'll be up late, so I'm sure I'll be able to fill this thread with some live updates as I watch. 

5 minutes ago, Deeee said:

I just know that I cannot watch the season where the contestant was assaulted and there were no repercussions until he assaulted a producer/cameraman. I know that is a super recent even, but they churn Survivor seasons out way too rapidly. LOL.

It was Island of the Idols. It was the most recent finished season. So you're good.

Just now, Elliott said:

It was Island of the Idols. It was the most recent finished season. So you're good.

Okay. I just knew everything you told me via DM on Twitter as it happened was enough to keep me far away from that LOL.

Seasons Definitely Worth Watching:

Palau (S10)

Panama (S12)

Cook Islands (S13)

Micronesia (S16)

Heroes vs Villains (S20)

Philippines (but with a warning that it involves REDACTED) (S25)

Cagayan (again, I hate it, but you'll probably like it since it's a popular season) (S28)

San Jan Del Sur (S29)

Kaoh Rong (S32)

Seasons I Recommend Watching:

Guatemala (S11)

Tocantins (S18)

Blood vs. Water (S27)

Second Chance (S31)

Millennials vs Gen X (S33)

Not That Good of Seasons, But Not Completely Terrible if You Want to Pass the Time:

Samoa (S19) (Terribly edited, but I liked most of the cast.)

South Pacific (S23) (Too religious for me, but it's interesting.)

Worlds Apart (S30) (Pre-merge and early merge was alright but the last few episodes are terrible.)

Avoid:

Fiji (S14)

Redemption Island (S22)

One World (S24)

HHH (S35)

Ghost Island (S36)

Edge of Extinction (S37)

Island of the Idols (S38)

That's how I'd break down all the seasons you haven't seen.

Just now, Alex95 said:

Me after every season of Survivor.

Post-merge has been really fun! I know Jeff Probst said this is one of the worst seasons, but I've really enjoyed the dynamic of this crew and the multiple blindsides/surprises. 

11 minutes ago, Deeee said:

Post-merge has been really fun! I know Jeff Probst said this is one of the worst seasons, but I've really enjoyed the dynamic of this crew and the multiple blindsides/surprises. 

I'd argue post-swap is where it gets great and it only goes up from there (Ami's ice queen antics to destroy Lisa and Bubba is truly a sight to behold). But yeah, the merge is pretty amazing all the way through. The six women are all special, unique, and memorable characters in their own way (well not really Leann, but she's also a necessary character for her circumstances).