Dee - 3/20
Victoria - 10/20
Megan - 14/20
Nico - 15/20
James - 15/20
Steven - 16/20

SOLA
Decidueye:
My third favorite Pokémon ever and my favorite starting Pokémon of all time. My favorite Pokémon ever made the finals, but I am not giving it number one, as I know it’s not going to place very high. I will give that honor to Decidueye. I didn’t think I was going to care about a Pokémon again as much as I did Starmie and Sylveon, but Decidueye did that for me. Decidueye starts out as a grass/flying type known as Rowlett. Rowlett is adorable, and I have seen some YouTube clips of it in the anime, and it has a fantastic personality. Rowlett gets better as he evolves; his middle evolution Dartrix has him at his emo stage. Then we get the magnificence that is Decidueye. His ditches the flying type for ghost, and trades his bow for a bow! I am praying that Decidueye outlasted Haunter and wins all 3 of its categories that would be epic. But as the last standing Grass and Gen 7 Pokémon, I feel like I have already accomplished a lot by bringing it this far.

DEE
#3. Decidueye (Generation VII)

IPB Image

63jNxoh-wDs

Decidueye :wub:

Despite hating Generation VII, Decidueye is definitely my favorite starter final evolution ever. My plan was to fight for Decidueye to make the finals from the very beginning, and I made that happen. Very proud of myself. My starter Pokémon is represented in some fashion in the finals, and that gives me a great sense of accomplishment. Decidueye is easily the best Pokémon of Generation VII. No questions asked. I will not even hear a debate on this point. Decidueye standing as the only representation from Gen VII is my dream come true. :wub:

The Arrow Quill Pokémon, Decidueye is a dual-type Grass/Ghost Pokémon. My favorite type combination ever. Decidueye is literally an emo-archer owl. Owls are my favorite animals and are very sentimental creatures for me. I love archers. Once upon a time I loved emo-boys. Decidueye feels like a Pokémon specifically designed for me. The entire Rowlet line is my favorite starter line ever. Decidueye evolves from his much more obviously emo predecessor, Dartrix, starting at Level 34.

Decidueye fires arrow quills from its wings with great precision, capable of nocking and firing an arrow at an enemy in a tenth of a second. This means that Decidueye usually finishes its battles in seconds, especially since Decidueye is capable of hitting a tiny pebble from hundreds of yard away. To improve its already laser-sharp focus, Decidueye will tug the vines on its head to further shut its hood and refine its aim. This Pokémon is usually calm and cautious, but is seized by panic when surprised. JUST LIKE ME. RIDDEN WITH PANIC. :wub:

Base stat total is 530, with 70 Speed as the lowest stat. Pretty good. The type combo does leave Decidueye a bit vulnerable to Flying, Ghost, Fire, Ice, and Dark Pokémon. However, Decidueye is also immune to Normal and Fighting Pokémon, and resistant to Ground, Water, Grass, and Electric Pokémon. Fair trade-off in my opinion. The strongest in-game characteristic of Decidueye is the incredible moveset it possesses. Ghost, Grass, Bug, Flying, and Normal moves. The only Pokémon capable of learning Spirit Shackle and Z-Move Sinister Arrow Raid. Starting Ability is Overgrow and Hidden Ability is Long Reach. EV Yield of 3 Attack. Medium Slow leveling rate. Just an amazing Pokémon for in-game use honestly. The only smart choice for a starter in Sun/Moon/Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon.

Decidueye has my favorite Pokémon design of all-time. The coolest moveset. Easily my favorite characterization and potential origin story - mixture of Robin Hood with the legends of owls as the harbingers of death and disturbed spirits. I do not expect the best ranking from Decidueye, but I am happy that I could bring it to the finals. <3

REI

IPB Image

Well I knew Decidueye wasn't going to crack the top 10 cause only Sola and Dee are the ones that really love Decidueye, I wish this wasn't the cause cause Decidueye is one of the best pokemon out there. It is one of my favorite grass final starter form with Venusaur and Sceptile and it is my favorite Gen VII Pokemon. Grass is in my top 5 types so most of the time I tend to pick the grass starter whenever I start a Pokemon game and the Rowlet line did not dissapoint. The line is just so perfect!! From the cute Rowlet, to the really cool Dartrix and finishing with the perfectly design Decidueye. Like seriously, look at that freaking design, Game Freak really outdid themselves with Decidueye. A freaking Robin Hood owl with the grass/ghost types, you can't ask for anything better. When playing Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun or Ultra Moon, if you decide to go with Decidueye (like you should) you're gonna get a great pokemon. Decidueye is resistant Ground, Water, Grass and Electric; Immune to Normal and Fighting; and weak to Flying, Ghost, Fire, Ice and Dark. So Decidueye is a well balanced pokemon. With a total of 530 BST, and all of those spread evenly, Decidueye is more than just a solid Pokemon with no clear weak stat. Take advantage of STAB moves like Leaf Blade, Leaf Storm, Shadow Ball, Solar Beam, Solar Blade and Phantom Force. Why would you go for the uninspiring Primarina and Incineroar when you can just have a super cool Pokemon like Decidueye. Pick right. Don't pick wrong. Decidueye is the right choice.
My ranking: 6/20

VICTORIA
Decidueye

IPB Image

Decidueye is a Pokémon that Sola loves so it hurts to put it this high. The pain and suffering I endured on Sola's end was torturous. :dead: I'm not going to attack Gen I anymore but still does every chance they can't? I can't relate. I really should have ranked Decidueye just for that reason alone. We are good now; as I am with everyone but think rankdown tested me. Decidueye is a dual-type Grass/Ghost Pokémon introduced in Generation VII. It evolves from Dartrix starting at level 34. It is the final form of Rowlet. It is known as the Arrow Quill Pokémon. It uses a bow and arrow so it reminds me of Katniss so that's cool. Maybe Sola likes it because it has an arrow like Arrow. :dead: Decidueye was originally considered for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, but director Masahiro Sakurai decided to go with Incineroar instead. GOOD. I'm bored now.

MEGAN
Decidueye
IPB Image

IPB Image

Incineroar>>>>>>>>>>>>> Decidueye. Don’t @me. A good old SCREW YOU to each and every one of you that let Decidueye through and let Incineroar get cut. I have nothing else to say about Decidueye which isn’t even close to the best grass starter or even the best grass Pokemon of its generation.

NICO
15. Decidueye
On quite a similar vein to ghost types, never been really a fan of Grass types. I don’t even know if I have one I really stan lol maybe Roserade or Alolan Exeguttor, but the last one bc it’s a meme. So when we ended up with Decidueye as the winner, it literally left me with no reaction, but thinking about it, that would have happened with pretty much any grass type pokemon. On a positive note, it’s really well designed, and one of the cooler final stages for a grass pokemon imo (and fans of grass types deserved it after getting Chesnaught and Torterra). Anyway good job on getting here, but yeah don’t really care about it.

JAMES
015. DECIDUEYE (#724)

IPB Image

One of the most fascinating designs in Pokémon history is out beloved Decidueye. <3 It has a unique, bizarre appearance, perfectly befitting its dual Ghost and Grass type. When I get the chance to play Sun and/or Moon, I'll probably choose to play with the owls as my first starters!

Decidueye is, as I previously mentioned, a dual-type Grass/Ghost combo, allowing a more distinct variation from the usual typical starter secondary typing. It is known as the "Arrow Quill Pokémon". It evolves from Dartrix at Level 34, which will evolve from Rowlet at Level 17. The latter two have Flying as their second typing. :detective:

In the Alola region, as per usual, these cannot be located in the wild. One must obtain their Rowlet from Hala in Iki Town in Sun/Moon, or from Professor Kukui along Route 1 in Ultra Moon/Ultra Sun. Then, of course, evolve it into Dartrix, followed by Decidueye. It is an excellent last Gen. VII Pokémon standing. o:)

Well, it will be interesting to see where it lands. Congrats on making the Top 20! :wave:

IPB Image

STEVEN
DECIDUEYE
IPB Image

Decidueye, classified as the Arrow Quill Pokémon, is a dual Grass and Ghost type introduced in Generation VII. Decidueye is the final evolved form of Rowlet. Rowlet evolves into Dartrix at level 17 and then Dartrix evolves into Decidueye at level 34. Decidueye is an owl-like Pokémon with a design of an archer (its design bears a striking resemblance to Robin Hood). According to its Pokédex entry, Decidueye's arrow shots never miss. It is capable of piercing a pebble hundreds of yards away. As for Pokémon battles, Decidueye has great stats all around, most notably in Attack. Popplio was my Pokémon Sun starter, but I did receive a Rowlet through Wonder Trade very early in the game. So, I went through all of Pokémon Sun with those two starter Pokémon on my team. So, although I do have a bit of an attachment to Decidueye, it's not a Pokémon I want to see win this rankdown. Since I think it could be a bit of a threat, I'm ranking Decidueye this low on my ranking.

IPB Image

Dee:

03. Decidueye

13. Krookodile

15. Tyranitar

16. Piplup

17. Infernape

18. Milotic

19. Scraggy

20. Starmie

James:

02. Scraggy

04. Krookodile

12. Tyranitar

15. Decidueye

17. Infernape

18. Piplup

19. Starmie

20. Milotic

Megan:

01. Infernape

05. Tyranitar

14. Decidueye

15. Krookodile

17. Milotic

18. Scraggy

19. Piplup

20. Starmie

Nico:

02. Tyranitar

08. Infernape

12. Milotic

14. Starmie

15. Decidueye

16. Piplup

17. Krookodile

18. Scraggy

Rei:

01. Tyranitar

06. Decidueye

08. Infernape

09. Milotic

15. Starmie

17. Scraggy

19. Krookodile

20. Piplup

Sola:

01. Decidueye

03. Starmie

04. Piplup

06. Milotic

11. Krookodile

14. Infernape

17. Scraggy

18. Tyranitar

Steven:

03. Milotic

12. Infernape

14. Krookodile

15. Scraggy

16. Decidueye

17. Piplup

18. Tyranitar

19. Starmie

Victoria:

03. Piplup

09. Tyranitar

10. Decidueye

11. Infernape

14. Milotic

15. Starmie

16. Scraggy

18. Krookodile

12. ARTICUNO

IPB Image
Avg: 10.43

James - 3/20
Steven - 5/20
Victoria - 7/20
Dee - 9/20
Nico - 13/20
Megan - 16/20
Sola - 20/20

JAMES
003. ARTICUNO (#144)

IPB Image

After spending much of this game either immunizing, protecting, and/or fearing for its safety, what an enormous thrill it was to be able to advance this majestic, iconic, Legendary Ice bird directly into the esteemed Top 20! :wub: One of my all-time favorites that I eagerly include in every playthrough. I latched onto it from the get-go during early random with the toys and the cards. It truly deserves its spot here! I'm so relieved it made it (and won Ice & Legendary honors) that I'm content with its placement, regardless of how high or low.

IPB Image

Now, Articuno is, as aforementioned, a Gen. I Legendary Pokémon. It is also a dual-type Ice/Flying combination, known as the "Freeze Pokémon". Although it doesn't evolve from or into any other Pokémon, it is part of Kanto's Legendary Bird Trio, along with Zapdos (Electric) and Moltres (Fire). Those two were ousted too soon, but thankfully Articuno gets to represent for its avian homies. :sorcerer:

IPB Image

Of course, attempting to capture such a dazzling and rare Pokémon is a laborious task. There is only ONE per game, and it'll be located within the Seafoam Islands Cave. Unless you're a noob, you had best save your game before engaging it in battle. In Yellow, it is quite a pickle to utilize your Master Ball wisely. Fortunately, the glorious MissingNo. Hack renders life much easier in Red/Blue! :muwahaha: By essentially xeroxing one's Master Ball, you can truly catch them all. Even more convenient how it requires you to head to Seafoam Island! Thus, Articuno practically always becomes the first one caught this way. Yay!

Well, it will be interesting to see where it lands. Congrats on making the Top 20! :wave:

IPB Image

STEVEN
ARTICUNO
IPB Image

Articuno, classified as the Freeze Pokémon, is a dual Ice and Flying type introduced in Generation I. Articuno is a large, majestic bird-like Pokémon with an icy design. According to its Pokédex entry, Articuno's wings are said to be made of ice. Whenever it flaps its wings, snowfall will occur. Articuno is capable of controlling ice and can cause blizzards by freezing the moisture in the air. In addition, Articuno resides in icy mountains and will aid any doomed travelers who are lost in the mountains. As for Pokémon battles, Articuno is strong and reliable (which is expected since it is a Legendary Pokémon). Anyway, Articuno has always been my favorite of the Legendary Birds (and the reason why I chose Team Mystic in Pokémon GO). I'm glad to see Articuno here in the Top 20, and Articuno gets the #5 ranking on my list.

IPB Image

VICTORIA
Articuno

IPB Image

Articuno is an icon Pokémon so let's just there. Did I want to cut it after James made some questionable choices in this rankdown and betrayed me a couple of time? Yes, I did. But, I did not so remember that. I know Megan has wanted Articuno gone for awhile so maybe she can rank it low for me for some justice. Articuno is a dual-type Ice/Flying Legendary Pokémon introduced in Generation I. It is not known to evolve into or from any other Pokémon. Along with Zapdos and Moltres, it is one of the three Legendary birds of Kanto and it's my least favorite of the three. It is known as the Freeze Pokémon. Articuno was one of the first four Pokémon designs revealed when the Pokémon 151 brand was first announced. It has appeared in Super Smash Bros. Melee, Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate as a NPC. Despite all the shade I threw, congrats to James for getting Articuno in the finals.

DEE
#9. Articuno (Generation I)

IPB Image

-kQOgFgHZYg

Wji4b2jjYOk

The best Legendary Bird of Kanto. :wub:

The Freeze Pokémon, Articuno is a dual-type Ice/Flying Legendary Pokémon introduced to the series during Generation I. DUH. OBVIOUSLY. I've been in love with Articuno since Pokémon 2000. Probably before that point. But I just remember fan-girling over Articuno so hard after that movie. My love has never faded. <3

Okay. A little bit about Articuno. Articuno flies from icy mountain to icy mountain, flapping its wings and freezing the water vapor surrounding its ice-like wings, ultimately causing snow to fall. Articuno lives deeply isolated in icy mountains, appearing before lost and doomed travelers and even guiding them to safety. Articuno is a genderless species. 580 base stat total. Immunity to Ground species. Resistances to Bug and Grass species. Double weakness to Rock species. Normally weakened by Steel, Fire, and Electric Pokémon. The last Pokémon of Generation I to be introduced in the anime series besides Mewtwo. Awesome moveset that contains Gust, Ice Shard, Ice Beam, Blizzard, and Sky Attack. But enough of the fluff talk though.

There is something to be said of its allure and mysticism. I mean, who can forget trying to desperately encounter the only Articuno on Seafoam Islands? ALLUSIVE ICON. Just such an amazing example of a Legendary Pokémon done correctly. The pinnacle of Ice Pokémon. Really pulling for Articuno to rank highly. <3

NICO
13. Articuno
Articuno is in my top 3 ice type pokemon, so the type has good representation for the finals (the other 2 are Alolan Ninetales and Lapras btw). While I think Gen 1 is overrated, one thing Gen 1 (and 2 & 3 if you exclude the Regis) did so right, was legendary and mythical pokemon. Extremely rare, hard to get, great designs, good stats, and done tastefully. And Articuno fits in perfectly. You needed to solve the Seafoam Islands puzzle (tbh this one took me a while, Moltres and Zapdos are way easier to get). The design is stunning (I like Zapdos more bc coolness factor, but Articuno is the prettier design by a mile) and it’s surprisingly resistant for an Ice type. The bane of ice types in the game is how frail they are, but here GameFreak made one that can actually be used as a defensive wall (it’s not the best defensive wall, but hey, it can be done). So yeah, if GameFreak actually wants to look to the past and bring something good back (for once), look at how you did legendaries and mythicals, bc this is how you should do them.

MEGAN
Articuno
IPB Image

Articuno looks like what I look like doing this write-ups. Maybe if I had paired Articuno with Moltres/Zapdos during my battles I might have won. Or maybe I would have blessedly be doing a write-up for it about 400 write-ups ago instead of right now. That’s it. That’s the write-up. I’m not doing 100 words.

REI

IPB Image

I know Articuno is a favorite for most of the rankers here but to be honest I find Articuno extremely overrated. Not that I think Articuno is a bad pokemon, it just does nothing for me personally. I very much prefer the superior Zapdos and think it outdoes Articuno in every single way. I was actually dissapointed that Articuno was the last standing legendary pokemon when they are much more interesting legendary that I prefer like Zapdos, Mewtwo, Suicune, Ho-Oh, Entei, Dialga, Cresselia, Virizion, Xerneas, Type:Null, Silvally and Lunala. I understand Articuno's appeal and why it has many fans as it is one of the first legendary pokemon in the franchise, has had many great anime appearances and its visually appealing, however like said I prefer other legendaries. Having said that, like most legendaries Articuno is a great pokemon to have on your team if you decide to go for it. With 580 BST and only being weak to Rock, Steel, Fire and Electric, Articuno will be more than a great addition yo your team. You can take advantage of STAB moves with Ice Beam, Blizzard. Hurricane and Sky Attack, that it can learn by levelling up. Finally, Articuno while a good pokemon I find it ultimately boring in concept but I understand why is in here so congrats to all the rankers that love Articuno for keeping it around, specially James who worked really hard for Articuno.
My ranking: 18/20

SOLA
Articuno:
I like Articuno well enough, it’s a good gen 1 Pokémon and its design is visually pleasing. So why am I putting it last? James, played a shady back and forth game again, and he knows better at this point. He is responsible for The 2 of my top 5 who didn’t make the finals for being eliminated, Scizor and Sylveon. Hopefully Articuno places low. If not, at least it’s pretty. It’s the last standing Ice Pokémon in the game. There aren’t too many ice types I am a fan of, so I suppose hits spot in warranted. Anyway, I don’t need to write a full review on it, someone who lives it will.