The Drag Race Rankdown #2

Elliott

7 hours ago, Deeee said:

BLESS. BLESS.

Sorry for cutting Alyssa (S5). I would never, but I needed both Alyssa and Alaska to survive. Since clearly @vee_ is playing like a troll. LOL.

I'm just here promoting Trolls 2.

On 3/2/2020 at 6:28 PM, FrogLenzen said:

MANILA LUZON AS1

manila luzon spoilers GIF

Manila went into All Stars 1 as a runner-up, and arguably the favorite to win it. Her run on AS1 was actually decent and only brought down by Latrice IMO. However, I think the sooner we get rid of all of AS1 except the winner, the better off the rankdown will be. Unlike Latrice, Manila knew right away that she wanted to pair up with Latrice when the teams was announced. She voted for Latrice for the first round of voting. It makes sense in that Latrice was a super fan favorite but not a huge threat in the competition. But I think it was ultimately the wrong choice in hindsight. But... what other option did Manila have? NO ONE VOTED FOR HER IN THE FIRST ROUND OF VOTING. WTF???? That shocked me. But can you imagine a world where Nina and Manila were on a team together? Manila and Chad? Oh well. Anyway, Latrila won the first week and were in the bottom the following two weeks. However, Manila always got good critiques. Unfortunately, Latrice kind of brought her down. Manila should have went on the street for the Hollywood Blvd challenge. Ugh. What could have been. AS1 was just doomed to fail and that's why we should move on from it in this rankdown. 

10 minutes ago, Deeee said:

We just had a moment over Trolls and its great soundtrack :dead:

:dead: The fact that they used Clint Eastwood in one track already made the show good for me 

WellinformedDrearyAlaskankleekai-small.g

IVY WINTERS

Okay, so Ivy is someone who is well liked and even became a fan favourite. I had nothing against it when she got the award because I thought she was cute as a boy and had a cute drag aesthetics. I have not a lot of things to say about her because she was kind of irrelevant and relevant at the same time? She won one challenge I think? I love that she can sew (hand sew too!) and the fact that she's a circus and look queen! Her stilt look was my favourite from hers obviously and the red dress she hand sewn and the gold fish look. No one has done that and she should've just had all of her runways in some stilts but like different kind of stilts every week. Could've been iconic. I also remember Jinx having a big crush on Ivy. That was so funny and cringe at the same time. I always wondered if they are gonna ask her back to All Stars. She didn't offer much to be asked back but maybe.

I think Ivy is the only Miss Congeniality besides Season 11 that hasn't competed again in All Stars or a regular season (Cucu)

Also, she only won one challenge, but Season 5 I think everyone had one win at that point I think. Alaska got her first win when Ivy went home.

Alaska (Season 5)

source.gif

I really like Alaska, but I don't love her like I know a lot of people do. While she had a great run on AS2, there was something I liked maybe even more about her S5 run, honestly - she wasn't as refined yet and she had her highs and lows, which made for a good journey. Alaska's storyline on S5 really was about being Sharon's partner, and the pressure of taking part after her win - on top of that, she had been a long-time auditionee and often appeared in those early casting tape episodes. When Alaska was at her best, she was really good. She had some great moments such as her opening of the RuPaul roast, her Lady Bunny snatch game, her red for filth perfume ad, and her sugar ball win just to name a few highlights. I think really, while Season 5 was so great, I was team Jinkx and also liked both Alyssa and Coco so the Rolaskatox trio was never really one of my favorites - saying that, I liked how Alaska aimed to distance herself from it all. She's my favorite of the three members, although I wish she would have had it in her to make the right cuts in AS2... but this isn't an AS2 writeup so I'll end this here.

Shuga Cain

shuga.gif

Oh Shuga... what did you do to deserve the treatment you got in Season 11, lol. Shuga seemed like the sweetest person ever on her season, excuse the pun. She had a good storyline from how she quit her six-figure job to do drag full-time. She usually looked pretty good and did fairly well in most challenges. So why did she get the horrible editing treatment that she got? We'll never know, but Shuga was screwed on Season 11 on many instances. First of all of course was the lack of airtime. Then of course, jumping forward here, was her elimination. Shuga was part of the magic show team with Nina and Brooke, not doing as strong as the other two members but still doing well and making the team cohesive. Compared to the other team's performance, the Nina/Shuga/Brooke team should have been all safe. Somehow, Shuga was decided to be in the bottom 2, where she was pretty easily beaten in the lip-sync by Vanjie. Right decision there, but it shouldn't have been the bottom 2 in the first place. Shuga never won a challenge, however had good performances in challenges such as the Black Panther acting challenge and the Snatch Game as Charo. I like her, but it's a shame her legacy is kinda just 'invisible robbed queen'.

• Like 1