• Chris Kroeze - Callin Baton Rouge
    • Chris Kroeze - long train runnin
    • Chris Kroeze - sweet home alabama
    • Chris Kroeze - human
    • Other (name in comments)
  2. 2. Best overall run?

3. 3. Whose Voice do you prefer

Posted (edited)

2 very polarizing contestants, but with undeniably distinct tones. Probably among the more unique country male voices we've heard on the show, and they couldn't be more different than each other.

Who did you prefer? Or probably in the case of IDF, who could you tolerate more? :haha:

(Timestamps in description)

Pride and Joy and burnin house

Have you ever seen the rain

Let it be

Long train runnin

Callin batlin rouge 

Can't you see

Human

Sweet home alabama

Edited by Hsamid

Relistened to most of their performances. Neither have perfect runs but the pitchiness in Kirk's live performances is more noticeable imo.

I feel like raspy tones like Chris are better at hiding mistakes than thin, nasally ones like Kirk.

But I have a feeling Kirk Jay will run away with this poll anyways, and maybe in part because he has a bit of RnB stylings in his voice? 

I kinda prefer Chris’ tone, Kirk’s has a… frogginess(?) to it that bothers me? Idk how to describe it lol but in the right song it can work (Tomorrow was really good)

I thought I Swear was decent too, his finale set wasn’t good though. Body Like a Backroad was also something lmao

• Like 1

1. In Case You Didn't Know. That was honestly Kirk's breakout moment that got Minivan, the coaches, and the audience wild and crazy for that performance. I've loved Kirk's whole run. Sorry I really despised Chris's tone and performances with a passion. I didn't get him at all. The only performance that was good from Chris was Burning House.

2. Kirk easily.

3. Kirk easily

I´m one of the few that seems to have enjoyed the hell out of Chris´s journey. Added to the fact that he´s right up my alley (country, blues, great lead guitarrist), I do like how he became the official poster kid for "snowflake killer". That dude came out of nowhere, and it was fun as hell lol.

I enjoyed Kirk´s pre lives, but his live show performances were pretty rough. And his tone is gorgeous, really love the unconventionality of a voice like that for a country singer. But his run wasn´t it. Even if you don´t like Chris, there´s no denying he was more consistent live.

• Like 1

Kirk Jay's blind audition is my favourite performance between the two and I slightly prefer his voice  But long train runnin is a very underrated performance (I mean, Chris is underrated in general)

Best overall run goes to Chris for sure.

• Like 1

1. Bless the Broken Road was the standout of the group for me, but Burning House was pretty good too.

2. Chris had the more consistent run, so I picked him - Kirk’s pitch issues when the show went live really didn’t do him any favors, and neither did his song choices.

3. Hard to pick, but Kirk by a hair. Kirk’s voice more memorable to me than Chris’s, and I like distinct voices like the former, but I can understand why people would be into the bluesy-lead-guitar type of the latter.

• Like 1