Rank the Final 3’s of the ABC era

What’s the best Final 3 of the ABC era?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Which one would you consider to be the best?

• Season 16: Caleb Lee Huntchinson, Gabby Barrett, Maddie Poppe
    • Season 17: Alejandro Aranda, Laine Hardy, Madison Vandenburg
    • Season 19: Chayce Beckham, Grace Kinstler, Willie Spence
    • Season 20: Huntergirl, Leah Marlene, Noah Thompson
    • Season 21: Colin Stough, Iam Tongi, Megan Danielle
    • Season 22: Abi Carter, Jack Blocker, Will Moseley

Posted (edited)

1. Season 22: I think this is the first season where the 3 most consistent from the lives shows made it to the end so I’m very happy with results although I have a clear fav (Abi) that I think should win!

2. Season 19: Willie and Grace were both in the top 3 of best vocalists of the season and Chayce was probably our best country male finalist of the ABC era even if he was still a clear 3rd in terms of talent and consistency here.

3. Season 16: Caleb brings this down a notch for me because he was pretty bad. But having two pretty good females in the first Top 3 (Maddie losing would be a crime because she was better tho) of this new generation of Idol was pretty dope. 

4. Season 20: Iam and Megan were pretty consistent and made it for a nice Top 2 but Colin was very hit or miss and had way more misses than actual “hits” IMO. 

5. Season 20: Leah is amazing and one of the best finalists of the ABC era but Noah and Huntergirl were very mid. 

6. Season 17: This one is so bad tbh. All 3 had very mediocre runs. I almost feel like Laine deserved his win since this was the combo he was with at the end but I don’t know how unpop that is LOL. 

Edited by wildestinvegas
  • Like 1

1.  Season 22 — this gets the nod over Season 19 because my favorite made the finale.  Abi for the win!

2.  Season 19 — all three were at least very good.

3.  Season 16 — for the first time, my favorite won.

4.  Season 21 — Iam was very good, Megan kept improving, Colin had too many misses and brought the finale down.

5.  Season 20 — Leah was better than Huntergirl and Noah.

6.  Season 17 — Alejandro was praised way too much.

my ranking is the same as wildestinvegas and Carmen's! 

i do think this season has the strongest overall three and i don't think it's recency bias either. 

only other thing i'd add is that Season 16 gets some bonus points for me because Maddie/Caleb announcing their relationship as Top 2 was super cute lol. 

15 minutes ago, m1key said:

only other thing i'd add is that Season 16 gets some bonus points for me because Maddie/Caleb announcing their relationship as Top 2 was super cute lol. 

that was a really cute moment. their duet was great. i feel bad they broke up LOL

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, wildestinvegas said:

1. Season 22: I think this is the first season where the 3 most consistent from the lives shows made it to the end so I’m very happy with results although I have a clear fav (Abi) that I think should win!

2. Season 19: Willie and Grace were both in the top 3 of best vocalists of the season and Chayce was probably our best country male finalist of the ABC era even if he was still a clear 3rd in terms of talent and consistency here.

3. Season 16: Caleb brings this down a notch for me because he was pretty bad. But having two pretty good females in the first Top 3 (Maddie losing would be a crime because she was better tho) of this new generation of Idol was pretty dope. 

4. Season 20: Iam and Megan were pretty consistent and made it for a nice Top 2 but Colin was very hit or miss and had way more misses than actual “hits” IMO. 

5. Season 20: Leah is amazing and one of the best finalists of the ABC era but Noah and Huntergirl were very mid. 

6. Season 17: This one is so bad tbh. All 3 had very mediocre runs. I almost feel like Laine deserved his win since this was the combo he was with at the end but I don’t know how unpop that is LOL. 

I'm with this all the way except that I was a sucker for Madison (particularly after Falling) and Alejandro. They're just...my kind of musicians. 😷

1. Season 22

2. Season 21 

3. Seeson 19 

4. Season 18 

5. Season 20

6. Season 16 

7. Season 17

Lol this season went from having the weakest top 5 to one of the strongest top 3 in the ABC era.

I'm torn between S19 and this season. I don't remember enough of chayce beckham. But they are Def my top 2.