American Idol Season 22 Auditions 5 Discussion

istersay

This 16 year old segment. :dead: 

The Sophia girl that sang the Katy Perry song was pretty good.

Didn't care much for Brant. But he's someone I could see going far.

Carmen was pretty good too.

Wait this 14 year old? Are you allowed to audition at 14? I thought 15 was the youngest you could be to audition. GOODNESS gracious this show is too much. :dead: 

OMGGG Juan Pablo is her father??? OMGG, he's like the ~most hated Bachelor ever~. :dead: 

7 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

The second girl who played the piano was decent. I definitely get an Olivia Rodrigo/Taylor Swift hybrid vibe from her, which works well for her considering they are two of the most popular artists out right now. Though yeah i get more of an Olivia feel to her.

Well, yeah, because Olivia's more recent. I definitely heard a lot of "early Taylor" to her, but a teen in the 00s isn't the same as a teen in the 20s. Similar, but not the same.

Anyway, regarding the last audition...isn't the minimum age to audition 15?

1 minute ago, *Wallace said:

Wait this 14 year old? Are you allowed to audition at 14?

OMGGG Juan Pablo is her father??? OMGG, he's like the ~most hated Bachelor ever~. :dead: 

I think if you’re 15 by the time of  the premiere of the auditions then u can audition at 14

Juan Pablo's daughter was pretty good. She's got a good and lovely voice but it's probably too soon for her to compete on the main show. I think she'll need a couple more years to really compete in there.

Just now, Tom_The_Man0000 said:

I think if you’re 15 by the time of  the premiere of the auditions then u can audition at 14

Ooooh, I didn't know that but that kinda makes sense.

lol the show playing Camila Cabello in the background for Camila. This show is too much and on the nose sometimes. :lmao: 

But yeah I think if Camila leans into singing Latin pop songs (with a mixture of them in English and Spanish), it could serve her well in the competition. I still don't see her making it far and if that's the case, at least she can try out in other seasons.

This girl from last year has really changed up her look. I really liked her Climb at the beginning. She embellished it a little too much in the middle. But better than the last guy

9 minutes ago, ScarletDevilCCX said:

Well, yeah, because Olivia's more recent. I definitely heard a lot of "early Taylor" to her, but a teen in the 00s isn't the same as a teen in the 20s. Similar, but not the same.

Anyway, regarding the last audition...isn't the minimum age to audition 15?

Ah yeah I agree with you on that. I could see a lot of "Early '00s Taylor" in her as well. :yes: 

Jayna is good. I appreciate her different take on an overdone song. Interesting run placements and I liked most of them with a few exceptions that were a tad excessive.

Edited by Hsamid
  • Like 1