Will Moseley Fan Thread

TeamAudra

from recap by Lyndsey Parker:

After earning a college degree in biology, Will gave himself one year post-graduation to pursue music. And with the way things are going so far, he may never need to rely on that diploma to earn a living, and he'll probably never have time to become a biologist. He's at least about to "give year two a shot," since his original Idol audition song, "Gone for Good," has already peaked at No. 2 on the iTunes Country Chart between Beyoncé and Luke Combs, which ain't too shabby. Will is such a pro that he doesn't need to do much to connect with viewers/listeners, and with this humble Drake White cover, he stayed the course.

Luke also predicted that Will will be in next month's finale... which just so happens to coincide with the one-year anniversary of Will's decision to give music a try. What a difference a year makes.

https://www.musictimes.com/articles/102401/20240414/american-idol-top-20-reveal-weepiest-episode-in-history.htm

• Like 1

I checked to see if Drake White's "Makin' Me Look Good Tonight" is on the iTunes Top 100 Songs chart after Will's performance. It isn't, but "Gone for Good" is currently sitting at 50.

Edited by RTV
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, RTV said:

I checked to see if Drake White's "Makin' Me Look Good Tonight" is on the iTunes Top 100 Songs chart after Will's performance. It isn't, but "Gone for Good" is currently sitting at 50.

Gone For Good is #38 all genre now. #16 country. Looks like another good run for the next few days at least. 

Streaming will get a boost too. 549K on Spotify right now. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Gone For Good is #38 all genre now. #16 country. Looks like another good run for the next few days at least. 

Streaming will get a boost too. 549K on Spotify right now. 

👍 It's great that mentioning his song on tonight's episode renewed interest in it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RTV said:

👍 It's great that mentioning his song on tonight's episode renewed interest in it.

Many may have not even know it was on iTunes until tonight. That was brilliant how they slipped that in there. I can’t believe how much better this show is for the contestants than The Voice.

• Like 1

Just now, TeamAudra said:

I can’t believe how much better this show is for the contestants than The Voice.

It seems viewers become more invested in American Idol's contestants. The show leans into their backstories throughout the season, and the finalists have more performances than those on The Voice do. For example, Grace West sang eight songs in s23—counting her coach duet. We've already seen Will perform five times.

6 hours ago, Hamza Tufail said:

What an incredible performance by him!

Honestly, I didn’t even know the song, but I’ve been checking out some Drake White after last night. I like. 

I thought this may have been riskier than a more well known song, but the more I listen, I understand the point of a choice like that. He showed a lot of different artistry in a short amount of time. This is really just a showcase for the music industry for him. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, RTV said:

"Gone for Good" is currently #9 on the iTunes Top 100 Country Songs chart, and it's #21 on the all genre chart.

#6 country, #18 overall, and it’s definitely going to get a bump from the show tonight. Hopefully, he can finally get that #1!

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2

excerpt from Mark Franklin's recap:

He's reprising his audition song. And I won't be surprised [if] this jumps up the country charts again. It's a great song. And, naturally, Will sounds great on it. This guy is going deep into the competition. Grade: A-

https://idolchatteryd.com/song-by-song-grades-for-the-american-idol-top-20-night-2

https://idolchatteryd.com/will-moseley-soars-up-charts-again-with-gone-for-good

Edited by RTV
  • Like 1

This rendition of “Purple Rain” is awesome. I’d be very tempted to pull this out for rock and roll hall of fame week. It’s from one of two lives he did today. There’s apparently no such thing as vocal rest for him. I caught a bit of his second live tonight, and he said he lost his voice last week, and got it back just in time for his performances. 😬 He did a lot of long lives, before that, taking requests and singing for hours. 

https://facebook.com/groups/1081024632987417/permalink/1100075627748984/

There are a few other clips from this live on this same account. Triston and Jordan were there too. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I pay attention to stuff that most people probably don’t notice, and it feels like he has a lot happening behind the scenes. He will be very busy when he’s done with the show. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, RTV said:

Notice the name, Bryan Martin on the co-write. That’s someone Grace W. has written with a lot, and seems to be good friends with. 

Edited by TeamAudra

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

Notice the name, Bryan Martin on the co-write. That’s someone Grace W. has written with a lot, and seems to be good friends with. 

Bryan White is the Bryan I think of in connection with Grace West. I didn't know about Bryan Martin.

I have wondered what a collaboration between Will and Grace would sound like. They both have tones I enjoy, and they play guitar well. Maybe it will happen one day.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, RTV said:

Bryan White is the Bryan I think of in connection with Grace West. I didn't know about Bryan Martin.

I have wondered what a collaboration between Will and Grace would sound like. They both have tones I enjoy, and they play guitar well. Maybe it will happen one day.

Both Bryans. Bryan Martin is on a lot of co-writes with her on the BMI site. I also remember reading his Facebook posts about her when she was on The Voice, and her and her boss (Brooke) went and watched him at CMA fest this past summer. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1