Will Moseley Fan Thread

TeamAudra

Chris Nelson, another country artist from Georgia, is pulling for Will.

He commented on Will's post about voting:

• Like 1

excerpt from Mark Franklin's recap:

Will says he's going to put his own little spin on it and calls it his favorite cover song on the show so far. Oh, yeah, this is gonna be good. Great job by Will. He put his own stamp on the song. He had fun, even running the oval behind the judges while playing guitar. And he sounded great. That capped a great week for Will and might have been his best performance to date. Lionel suggested that song. And said he killed it. Grade: A

https://idolchatteryd.com/song-by-song-grades-for-the-top-8-on-american-idol-7

• Like 1

excerpt from Lyndsey Parker's recap:

Will Moseley, "Folsom Prison Blues"

Big Mo's other options were Whiskey Myers's "Stone" and Chris Stapleton's "White Horse," and I'm so glad he didn't go with the obvious, low-hanging-fruit choice (Stapleton) and chose Johnny Cash's outlaw-country classic. This man-in-black was a badass, and he looked like he was having a ton of freewheeling fun. The energy in the room was high, with the judges and audience on their feet throughout. "If you give it, you will get it back," Katy noted. Will correctly guessed that Lionel Richie selected this song for him, because Lionel always keeps it old-school. And Lionel was delighted, telling Will, "You killed it." Katy admitted that "Lionel was right," declaring this Will's best performance yet.

https://www.musictimes.com/articles/102933/20240430/emmy-russell-covers-grandma-loretta-lynn-american-idol-coal-miners-great-granddaughter.htm

• Like 1

I watched "What Makes You Country" again this morning. I like how Will interacted with Triston, Luke, and the audience during the performance. If the duet were a battle on The Voice, I think Will would've won.

https://countrynow.com/will-moseley-takes-the-american-idol-stage-by-storm-with-johnny-cash-hit

I wonder what he'll perform for Adele Night and Songs That Make Me Wanna Dance on Sunday.

Will needs two Disney songs for the May 12 episode. I've always liked "Our Town" by James Taylor from Cars. In s18, Dillon James covered it when the Top 7 performed a Disney song and a song for Mother's Day. He advanced to the finale via votes.

https://www.facebook.com/ryanseacrest/videos/wow-dillon-james-stuns-singing-our-town-for-disney-night-american-idol-2020/534386927247275

Edited by RTV
  • Like 1

IWd3hCo.jpeg

—-

Speaking of Spotify, he’s up to 117K monthly listeners. 

Gone For Good is at 861K. It’s averaging just under 14K per day, so it should easily surpass 1 million in the next couple of weeks. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Maybe Will will sing this?

”Why Don’t We Just Dance” 

It's a catchy tune. The lower notes immediately make me think of Scotty McCreery. Kelly covered the song recently.

• Like 1

Congrats on Top 5, Will! Enjoy the trip to Florida.

Will needs two crowd-pleasing Disney songs next Sunday night and enough votes to advance to the finale. The hometown visits are always special for the contestants, so I hope he gets one.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Both themes were completely out of Will's wheelhouse, but he did well tonight. I loved "Gimme Three Steps" and have replayed the video above several times. Will looked like he was having fun, and Luke gave him a thumbs-up.

Edited by RTV
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, RTV said:

Both themes were completely out of Will's wheelhouse, but he did well tonight. I loved "Gimme Three Steps" and have replayed the video above several times. Will looked like he was having fun, and Luke gave him a thumbs-up.

I liked both of his performances. Yeah, the song choices weren't the best, but he did enough for me to enjoy them.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Gimme Three Steps by Lynyrd Skynyrd is #9 on the iTunes Top Rock Songs chart.

Rolling in the Deep by Adele is #34 on the iTunes Top Pop Songs chart. 

Edited by RTV