Will Moseley Fan Thread

TeamAudra

Yes, I saw after I posted.

Good guess! I'm sure he'll tell the story well.

The song's lyrics don't help Will, but the theme didn't provide him with many good options for this episode. I think he needs an emotional ballad and a "moment" soon.

Edited by RTV

14 minutes ago, RTV said:

Yes, I saw after I posted.

Good guess! I'm sure he'll tell the story well.

The song's lyrics don't help Will, but the theme didn't provide him with many good options for this episode. I think he needs an emotional ballad and a "moment" soon.

It will be fine. It’s probably the best of all the options for that year. It was actually released as a single in 2002, but the album came out in 2000. So, there’s obviously some grey area. 

• Like 1

excerpt from MJ Santilli's Top 10 rankings article:

Will Moseley is the most laid back of the contestants. He seems to be MOSEYING along to at least a Top 5 finish with his soulful country and rock infused performances. Does this guy ever break a sweat?

https://www.mjsbigblog.com/american-idol-2024-top-10-rankings-facebook-stats-poll-results.htm

MJ mentioned in her recap tonight that Will is lucky to be in a "if it ain't broke don't fix it" situation. She also gave him credit "for delivering the chorus with urgency."

In his TVLine recap, Andy Swift called Will's performances "excellent" and added that he's "already a country powerhouse."

In the GoldDerby live blog, Denton Davidson wrote that Will is "easily one of the safest bets to sail into the finale."

excerpt from Mark Franklin's recap:

"From the opening note, I knew this was going to be special. I wasn't disappointed. That was the best performance of the night so far. Country rock works very well for Will. He even flashed a couple of smiles during the course of a fun, uptempo performance. Luke called the big note at the end the best thing he's done all season. Katy and Lionel praised the performance too. It was praise worthy. Grade: A (It's the only "A" Mark gave tonight.)

https://idolchatteryd.com/song-by-song-grades-for-the-top-10-on-american-idol-8

• Like 1

The contestants have been fortunate to meet and work with several mentors this season.

Will posted on Facebook about his rehearsal with Shania.

https://www.facebook.com/willmoseleymusic/posts/pfbid027cZmxmP65XDVXdT35cdVJJKhPxBVVGP7z8imnPZDbnQKVjbQ1bRkHV6EUa5suKNZl

Before that, he posted two photos and asked for votes.

https://www.facebook.com/willmoseleymusic/posts/pfbid0XQDay4D1m8qFDJX5Lp4fJBe2sHuxmb9bR3R2DSFPEUgmVbJdzVUALedGQv9hu8q7l

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, RTV said:

excerpt from MJ Santilli's Top 10 rankings article:

Will Moseley is the most laid back of the contestants. He seems to be MOSEYING along to at least a Top 5 finish with his soulful country and rock infused performances. Does this guy ever break a sweat?

https://www.mjsbigblog.com/american-idol-2024-top-10-rankings-facebook-stats-poll-results.htm

MJ mentioned in her recap tonight that Will is lucky to be in a "if it ain't broke don't fix it" situation. She also gave him credit "for delivering the chorus with urgency."

In his TVLine recap, Andy Swift called Will's performances "excellent" and added that he's "already a country powerhouse."

In the GoldDerby live blog, Denton Davidson wrote that Will is "easily one of the safest bets to sail into the finale."

MJ is delusional. 

Man oh man what a killer performance by him. Of course, this forum will not admit that he had the best performance of the night. He was great already, but I'm noticing he's been getting better each week.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Man oh man what a killer performance by him. Of course, this forum will not admit that he had the best performance of the night. He was great already, but I'm noticing he's been getting better each week.

He’s so good, it doesn’t really matter where he finishes. I’m sure people are noticing. 

He’s one of the more naturally gifted singers I’ve seen on these shows. It seems effortless for him, and he’s relatively new at this. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

MJ is delusional. 

I think she's alluding to the "effortless" thing you mentioned, how consistent Will's performances always are, and the fact that he seems to be relaxed rather than nervous.

7 minutes ago, RTV said:

I think she's alluding to the "effortless" thing you mentioned, how consistent Will's performances always are, and the fact that he seems to be relaxed rather than nervous.

I was referring more to the power ranking she did this week. 

11 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I was referring more to the power ranking she did this week. 

Ah. I was concentrating on MJ's comments rather than the actual ranking. She's already wrong about that, because she has Kayko second and he's gone now. But she did predict "at least a Top 5 finish" for Will, and Kayko's elimination basically moved Will up to 4th. 😉 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, RTV said:

Ah. I was concentrating on MJ's comments rather than the actual ranking. She's already wrong about that, because she has Kayko second and he's gone now. But she did predict "at least a Top 5 finish" for Will, and Kayko's elimination basically moved Will up to 4th. 😉 

That site is firmly anti-Will, so I think she’s just playing to the crowd with her Will takes. It’s an echo chamber, sort of like IDF. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

excerpt from Lyndsey Parker's recap:

Season 10 winner Scotty McCreery, who performed on American Idol tonight, just became a member of the Grand Ole Opry — and I could see Will, who Katy affectionately nicknamed "Big Mo," receiving that honor one day. He's such a natural, it's impossible to believe that he's only been doing this for four years and has only really focused on music professionally for less than a year. "Perfect song, perfect performance, and that big note at the end was probably the best thing I've heard you do all season," Luke told Big Mo.

https://www.musictimes.com/articles/102892/20240429/kayko-accidental-idol-goes-home-shocking-top-10-american-idol-result.htm

• Like 2