Will Moseley Fan Thread

TeamAudra

I like what I've heard from Will so far. Please add me.

(I posted this in the spoilers thread earlier this month but am repeating it here now that he has a fan thread.)

Will and Benji Taylor are guests of Uncle Dave Griffin and Sean Clark on this Caution Light Media podcast dated 08/15/23. Will shares that he always loved and listened to music. He's a "huge fan" of the first band he saw live, which was Blackberry Smoke. "I sang in the shower a lot" — but never in church or school. From high school, he attended Maryville College near Knoxville on a football scholarship playing guard. After "two years and three concussions and COVID," he left Tennessee and went back home to Georgia. He learned to play guitar during college. At the time of the video, he'd been playing a little over three years. According to Will, he began singing in public on 05/29/21 at age 20. Will also said he "just graduated" with a biology degree from Georgia Southern University but wants a career in music rather than science. Will sings a song he wrote called "Burnin' Bridges" at 37:00 and another he wrote called "Workin' on the Whiskey" at 40:38. He co-wrote "Why" at 44:42 with "a couple friends."

https://idolchatteryd.com/meet-will-moseley-of-american-idol-season-22

https://mcscots.com/sports/fball/roster/will-moseley/1437

Edited by RTV
  • Like 2

On 2/18/2024 at 2:46 AM, RTV said:

I like what I've heard from Will so far. Please add me.

(I posted this in the spoilers thread earlier this month but am repeating it here now that he has a fan thread.)

During the 08/15/23 video, Will says he always loved and listened to music. He's a "huge fan" of the first band he saw live, which was Blackberry Smoke. "I sang in the shower a lot" — but never in church or school. From high school, he attended Maryville College near Knoxville on a football scholarship playing guard. After "two years and three concussions and COVID," he left Tennessee and went back home to Georgia. He learned to play guitar during college. At the time of the video, he'd been playing a little over three years. According to Will, he began singing in public on 05/29/21 at age 20. Will also said he "just graduated" with a biology degree from Georgia Southern University but wants a career in music rather than science. Will sings a song he wrote called "Burnin' Bridges" at 37:00 and another he wrote called "Workin' on the Whiskey" at 40:38. He co-wrote "Why" at 44:42 with "a couple friends."

https://idolchatteryd.com/meet-will-moseley-of-american-idol-season-22

Added!

• Thanks 1

TA making a fan thread for a male country singer on the AI sub-forum was something that I never even fathomed.🤯

I listened to those two songs that have been posted here. Not only is he a good singer, he sings with so much emotion. I absolutely love his tone. I've been replaying those for quite some time.

Add Me.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

TA making a fan thread for a male country singer on the AI sub-forum was something that I never even fathomed.🤯

I listened to those two songs that have been posted here. Not only is he a good singer, he sings with so much emotion. I absolutely love his tone. I've been replaying those for quite some time.

Add Me.

Honestly, I listen to more male country singers than female away from the show. I just get bored with the advantage they have with the audience on these shows. But this guy is GOOD. 

• Like 1

02/23/24 stats:

Facebook 2.7K followers

Instagram 6,252 followers

Spotify 6,134 monthly listeners 

TikTok (38 videos) 18.1K followers 78.3K likes

YouTube (4 videos) 950 subscribers

3 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

I wonder if he’ll break out this version of “Purple Rain” on the show?

I don't recall "Purple Rain" being sung on American Idol yet. The Top 7 of s16 performed songs from the Prince catalog, but nobody covered "Purple Rain" that night. Regardless, Simon Cowell and The Voice managed to get the song cleared. Considering 2024 is the 40th anniversary of the album and movie, Prince's estate would likely clear it.

If Will advances to the voting rounds, I'm hoping he gets some good country song choices.

3 hours ago, RTV said:

If Will advances to the voting rounds, I'm hoping he gets some good country song choices.

I agree, but this show likes to have their country singers flip songs from other genres. I’m not sure I would even pick Purple Rain. Probably not. 

He even has a cover on Dancing On My Own on his TikTok. He sounds great on it, but I wouldn’t pick that one either. I don’t even like the song, honestly. 

I might consider this one. This is two years old, and he’s only been singing for a couple years, so I’m sure he’d be even better on it now. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Prior to his audition, just for reference. 

Spotify:

- 6500 monthly listeners 

-Gone For Good 95,693 plays

-Coming Down 98,789 plays

-Somewhere In The Middle 10,508 plays 

-Fishing For A Living 29,526 plays

IG: 6736 followers 

TikTok: 18.9K followers 

Facebook: 3.9K followers 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

I liked it, even though the Judges tried everything they could to ruin it.

Yeah, what was that? 

Anyway, go read the comments on Facebook and Instagram. It will make you feel better. :haha:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Yeah, what was that? 

Anyway, go read the comments on Facebook and Instagram. It will make you feel better. :haha:

I just did!

You mentioned it earlier as well, the people on SM aren't even talking about this. They are just enamoured by his voice.

• Like 1