Will Moseley Fan Thread

TeamAudra

20 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Just got recommend this by YT. Love it.

Will sounds good on his acoustic cover of "Hurricane" by The Band of Heathens.

Laine Hardy (s17 winner) played his guitar and sang "Hurricane" the night he advanced from Top 14 to Top 10. It's a particularly good fit for Laine, who is from Louisiana and helped with recovery efforts after Category 4 Hurricane Ida hit in 2021.

• Like 1

On 3/4/2024 at 1:24 AM, RTV said:

Here’s 11 minutes of footage from that show. He came on stage waving his golden ticket. 

https://facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0e8WHX5GvTj4ZUSR28TmjHxSUa97TaLTbNMPxdoo9yCQtcWrdscuUvk6WThYhxJuVl&id=1569488132

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Will got a new truck! I suspect they didn’t just give him the truck, but are letting him drive it, in exchange for the free publicity they’re getting from the show. Sweet deal for both of them. 

https://facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0f2AMawGKahoBZQ4PcN3qrsd6JFRpaRxd8ZjrtSPnyesuxESYyqNpPBd8zKi6AtBGl&id=100064396071369

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Will got a new truck! I suspect they didn’t just give him the truck, but are letting him drive it, in exchange for the free publicity they’re getting from the show. Sweet deal for both of them. 

https://facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0f2AMawGKahoBZQ4PcN3qrsd6JFRpaRxd8ZjrtSPnyesuxESYyqNpPBd8zKi6AtBGl&id=100064396071369

Nice! I wondered if they were helping him with a vehicle when I saw his post about visiting the dealership.

Sadly, the Top 2 no longer receive new vehicles from Ford Motor Company or another sponsor. Season 4 winner Carrie Underwood got a blue Ford Mustang convertible. Trent Harmon and La'Porsha Renae were given new Ford Fusions in 2016. Besides the opportunity to win a new vehicle, American Idol contestants filmed Ford music videos and commercials. During the 15 FOX seasons, Ford awarded more than 50 automobiles to American Idol finalists and others. For example, a favorite teacher was gifted a Ford Focus by the winner and the runner-up of season 10.

Kelly Clarkson was apparently promised a Ford for winning season 1 but never got a car. However, season 2 runner-up Clay Aiken and his mother both got cars.

https://www.etonline.com/media/videos/kelly-clarkson-calls-out-american-idol-16-years-after-her-win-for-missing-prize

Edited by RTV

Here’s a clip from his show last night. I don’t know the song, but it sounds awesome. One thing is clear…he is going to need bigger venues. They were packed in there like sardines! 

I did run across some posts about shows he has upcoming. I don’t think he’ll have a hard time staying busy. 

https://facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0RgJMuJVWqN9hhKCrFJFNpNpLSZnzBeCTtNK35SDfpeYnB8hd1qEk46QTMPVk5U7Ml&id=100063465941901

• Like 2

On 3/3/2024 at 7:10 PM, TeamAudra said:

Prior to his audition, just for reference. 

Spotify:

- 6500 monthly listeners 

-Gone For Good 95,693 plays

-Coming Down 98,789 plays

-Somewhere In The Middle 10,508 plays 

-Fishing For A Living 29,526 plays

IG: 6736 followers 

TikTok: 18.9K followers 

Facebook: 3.9K followers 

Here's a full week of Spotify numbers:

Increase in parenthesis.

- 41,808 monthly listeners (+34,451)

-Gone For Good 216,799 plays (+121,106)

-Coming Down 136,881 plays (+38,092)

-Somewhere In The Middle 36,784 plays (+26,276)

-Fishing For A Living 51,132 plays (+21,606)

A lot of people are obviously playing GFG numerous times.

Social media followers:

IG: 23,500 followers (+16,764)

TikTok: 71,400 followers (+52,500)

Facebook: 23,000 followers (+19,100)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, RTV said:

I agree. Will comes across as likable, humble, and intelligent in interviews.

He clearly puts a lot of thought into his answers. 

I didn’t realize it was on YouTube. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

At this link, there are numerous clips of songs Will sang at his show last night. You might be surprised at some of the song choices. I heard one Toby Keith song, but that was the only country song. There was quite a bit of Southern rock, and a couple I wasn’t familiar with, that seemed targeted toward the younger crowd. I guess technically, he is still pretty young. One was “Buy You A Drank” from T-Pain. Not really my cup of tea, and not something I’d want to hear him attempt on the show, unless he wants to get voted off. The Southern rock stuff would be fine, though. 

https://facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0QWbQuzxFe6QRXGqKZvKvBTRPRe589hkiT7CywMtUT9bhawQ17WUjPSy6U86CATNWl&id=1569488132

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 3/3/2024 at 7:10 PM, TeamAudra said:

Prior to his audition, just for reference. 

Spotify:

- 6500 monthly listeners 

-Gone For Good 95,693 plays

-Coming Down 98,789 plays

-Somewhere In The Middle 10,508 plays 

-Fishing For A Living 29,526 plays

IG: 6736 followers 

TikTok: 18.9K followers 

Facebook: 3.9K followers 

Here's a full 2 weeks of Spotify numbers. Increases since audition in parenthesis.

Monthly listeners 65,210 (58,474)

Gone For Good 318,988 (223,295)

Coming Down 159,435 (60,646)

Somewhere In The Middle (40,536)

Fishing For A Living (33,987)

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

I never heard “Old Violin” by Johnny Paycheck until this clip, but this made me google the lyrics and look up the original. He should 100% do this one on the show. 👍 

https://facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0zxAG9g4j3mtFbcYqpgr7MmnC6oYA2tbjgFqzyv6kDeLbsXxrfyMTndeEX7drmicbl&id=1598154799

He also mentioned, while singing the song, that he will be flying out on Friday. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

Forbes covered Will's audition.

03/14/24 by Hugh McIntyre (I posted the article below for those who don't subscribe)

American Idol is well into its twenty-second season, and already, one name has become a standout from the rest of the hopefuls. In fact, the singer-songwriter's audition was so impressive and powerful, it has spurred him onto the Billboard charts before the show has even wrapped.

Will Moseley lands his first Billboard hit this week with his song "Gone For Good." The tune blasts onto the Country Digital Song Sales chart—the weekly ranking of the bestselling tracks in the U.S. that classify as country—at No. 13.

The newcomer scores one of only three debuts on the Country Digital Song Sales chart this week. He comes in behind only Kacy Musgraves' "Deeper Well" at No. 10. Impressively, he even manages to beat out Keith Urban, whose new song "Messed Up as Me" launches one rung behind, at No. 14.

"Gone For Good" is an original song by Moseley, and it's resonated with people across the country. It was something of a risky choice for the musician to audition for American Idol with one of his own tracks, but the gamble paid off brilliantly.

During a recent episode, Moseley was allowed to enter the audition room to perform for the three celebrity judges—Lionel Richie, Katy Perry, and country superstar Luke Bryan. The twenty-something only needed a few seconds to wow them, and it was almost instantly clear that he was going to make it through to the next round.

Richie would go on to say that he believes "Will is a star," and that he loves "the timber of his voice. His voice is amazing." Perry confirmed the love from the judges, saying that they "knew it from the very first note." While Moseley still has a way to go before he potentially wins the latest season, the pop superstar is confident he has a bright future ahead of him. "This isn't a hobby. You're not just doing this for one more year. You're gonna do this for the rest of your life," Perry stated.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/hughmcintyre/2024/03/14/american-idol-viral-star-will-moseley-makes-his-billboard-chart-debut/?sh=540d946173a3

• Like 1

Johan Bester of KariSma Performing Arts reacted to Will's audition.

According to the vocal coach's website, he "has worked with thousands of people's voices over the last 32 years."

"These included amateur and professional singers, ages 5 to 80, in South Africa, Namibia, the USA and Australia."

https://www.karismaperformingarts.com/#about

Edited by RTV
  • Like 1