Will Moseley Fan Thread

TeamAudra

Spotify update:

Monthly listeners: 77.337

Gone For Good 400,278

Coming Down 176,807

Somewhere In The Middle 62,898

Fishing For A Living 73,159

On a gain of just over 70K monthly listeners, he’s gained well over 300K plays on Gone For Good. Imagine if he could get on some good playlists.  

• Like 2

Here’s Will’s full version of “Whiskey And You.”  Since idol is only posting a shortened version of it everywhere, I had to find this bootlegged posting. 

He killed this. :yes:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's so unexpected for contestants who haven't been eliminated to release music during the season, but good for them!

I couldn't watch the episode tonight. What did you think of Will's edit and "Idol Arena" performance?

• Like 2

Just now, RTV said:

It's so unexpected for contestants who haven't been eliminated to release music during the season, but good for them!

I couldn't watch the episode tonight. What did you think of Will's edit and "Idol Arena" performance?

Look above. I just posted it. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

He killed this.

28 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

And he’s only been singing for a couple years….

This round was filmed in December at the historic Barker Hangar at Santa Monica Air Center. Will doesn't seem nervous on a big stage with lights, cameras, and crew everywhere. Surprisingly, the show didn't air a comment from Luke. But Will made the Top 56, so apparently all three judges were impressed by the performance.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, RTV said:

This round was filmed in December at the historic Barker Hangar at Santa Monica Air Center. Will doesn't seem nervous on a big stage with lights, cameras, and crew everywhere. Surprisingly, the show didn't air a comment from Luke. But Will made the Top 56, so apparently all three judges were impressed by the performance.

Well, they all gave him a standing O. They are clearly soft selling him, since they know he’s going to have a built-in advantage when it comes time to vote. Not that he needs it. At the same time, they care about ratings, so he’ll still get the air time.  

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2

Mark Franklin ranked Will among his top seven "simply outstanding" performances tonight.

excerpt:

What a great country voice. Deep with a nice touch of rasp. And a real knack at delivery. Unless I'm surprised Will's going to become a fan favorite. Again, remember how well country singers have done on this show. Katy calls him "the real deal."

https://idolchatteryd.com/kb-richins-will-moseley-ajii-shine-on-american-idol

excerpts from MJ Santilli's recap:

Will is a tried and true country singer.

He delivers a raspy impactful performance, especially on the chorus.

He’s kind of a throwback.

https://www.mjsbigblog.com/american-idol-2024-recap-hollywood-round-is-cut-throat-results.htm

• Like 2

Here’s the single he just dropped. 

“Why”

I had to give it a couple of listens to grasp the story he’s telling. It’s different than the others he’s released, but it’s good. 

• Like 1

Will hasn't posted about the new single on TikTok. In fact, he hasn't uploaded anything on the platform since March 7. His account currently has 73.5K followers and 236.9K likes.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RTV said:

Will hasn't posted about the new single on TikTok. In fact, he hasn't uploaded anything on the platform since March 7. His account currently has 73.5K followers and 236.9K likes.

I noticed, but he’s been very busy the past couple weeks. He had numerous shows that he didn’t post about, and he’s been meeting with lots of people in his community. It seems as though he’s working hard to build support locally, and statewide in Georgia for whatever comes after the show. 

He really should promote the single more than just his IG story, though. Maybe he will tomorrow. It’s possible he might not want to do too much of that while he’s on the show, but others obviously have. 

• Like 2

excerpts from Mark Franklin's recap:

Favorites of the night:

2. Will Moseley, "Ain't No Sunshine" — This guy is simply blessed with a great, deep country voice. We might be watching the Season 22 champ when he performs.

Country guys: American Idol introduced us to lots of talented male country singers during the audition episodes. Most of them were ignored the last two nights. But Idol can't go wrong with likeable young Triston Harper and Will Moseley. I can envision both of them going deep into the competition.

https://idolchatteryd.com/odell-bunton-jr-will-moseley-among-standouts-on-american-idol

• Like 2

excerpt from MJ Santilli's recap:

Will's Americana stylings are effortless. He's going to be a fan favorite, for sure. Luke says, "You sing like you look." He compliments his natural relaxed voice and authenticity. Will takes the news, that he's in the Top 24, in stride. Will is the epitome of chill.

https://www.mjsbigblog.com/american-idol-2024-recap-showstoppers-the-top-24-revealed.htm

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, RTV said:

Looking forward to two more originals on YouTube soon.

Nice! 

He did a TikTok live last night taking off the cuff song requests. Some of the songs he didn’t know well, and was still slaying them. I think he might be a bit of a freak of nature. :haha:

It actually reminded me of Grace West’s lives, because she can do the same thing. Both of them can play these random songs on their guitars too, on a moment’s notice. I don’t recall anyone else I’ve followed being able to do that at such a high level, other than those two. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2

On 3/29/2024 at 3:53 AM, TeamAudra said:

Spotify update:

Monthly listeners: 77.337

Gone For Good 400,278

Coming Down 176,807

Somewhere In The Middle 62,898

Fishing For A Living 73,159

On a gain of just over 70K monthly listeners, he’s gained well over 300K plays on Gone For Good. Imagine if he could get on some good playlists.  

This is incredible.

• Like 1

I think this an original, because I couldn’t find it. I found a couple others with the same title, but they are different songs. 

Good song!

”Angel Band”

• Like 2