Will Moseley Fan Thread

TeamAudra

I think Will left a good impression in his audition segment. "Unflappable," as TeamAudra said in the episode thread. Besides being talented, he's down-to-earth and likable, which goes a long way on this show. 

• Like 2

Will is among Mark Franklin's three best auditions of the night.

excerpt from his recap:

Will Moseley, 23, Hazlehurst, Ga., "Gone for Good" (an original): Will played football for most of his life, but turned to music when his college football career came to an end. He performs a great original. And Will's got a great voice, deep with a nice touch of rasp. Knowing how well country artists do on the show, he could go very far. Lionel has to run out to catch a plane in the middle of the audition, but calls his voice "amazing." The other coaches agree. And he advances unanimously.

https://idolchatteryd.com/will-moseley-scarlett-lee-dazzle-american-idol-judges

The population of Hazlehurst in 2020 was only 4,088, but I'm sure they'll support Will on American Idol.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hazlehurst,_Georgia

Edited by RTV

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Gone For Good is at #43 on country iTunes and #120 all genre. It will be interesting to see how high it goes. 

Up to #29/#82

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2

Will's AI audition video was uploaded on YouTube 5 hours ago and currently has 65,364 views and 2.1K likes.

The video was posted on 03/03. As of 03/11, it has 755,781 views and 9.2K likes.

Edited by RTV

Now that I think about, what the coaches did may actually benefit him. No one on social media seems to care about it. People are mentioning it in a good way that he was so good that the judges were hooked right from the first note.

Posted (edited)

iTunes update. 

Gone For Good #26 country, #69 all-genre 

EDIT: #25/#65

14/36

12/33 - Still climbing!

11/32

10/31 - He’s starting to promote it now. 
9/30

8/29

7/26

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

iTunes update: 

Gone For Good is up to #4 on the country chart, and #17 on the all genre. The three above him on the country chart are a Luke Combs song, and two versions of Beyoncé’s fake country song. I’m not sure whether he’ll be able to pass Beyoncé at this time, but we’ll see. 

He started promoting it on social media last night, and it seems to be paying off. 

His other three songs are slowing creeping up the chart as well. If he sings “Coming Down” on the show, I would expect that to do really well too. 

UPDATE: #3 country, #9 all genre. On the country chart, it’s just the two versions of Beyoncé’s songs above him.

Update: #2 country, #4 all genre. He passed one of Beyoncé’s. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Something I just noticed, his song has been used in 89 different TikTok videos, most of them in the past day. This is how songs can go viral on there. He’s gained almost 40K TikTok followers since Sunday night, and I expect that will continue to grow at a good rate. He has a huge opportunity there if he plays his cards right. 

Edit: Actually, that’s just one clip. Another clip of the song has been used 115 times. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

His YT views are increasing as well. Before his audition, Gone For Good was at 62k. Right now, it's at 92k. It's gonna surpass 100k soon.

I’ll be keeping an eye on Spotify too. There’s only one day of update since his audition, and it jumped pretty good. He should be able to get those monthly listeners at least to 100K in the next several weeks, as he builds momentum. Hopefully, even higher, but I’m being conservative. “Coming Down” is a really good song too. 

On Spotify, it shows the songwriters. He had co-writers for “Somewhere In The Middle,” but he wrote “Coming Down,” “Gone For Good”, and “Fishing For A Living” by himself. He’s clearly a talented writer, because those are all very well written. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

I’ll be keeping an eye on Spotify too. There’s only one day of update since his audition, and it jumped pretty good. He should be able to get those monthly listeners at least to 100K in the next several weeks, as he builds momentum. Hopefully, even higher, but I’m being conservative. “Coming Down” is a really good song too. 

On Spotify, it shows the songwriters. He had co-writers for “Somewhere In The Middle,” but he wrote “Coming Down,” “Gone For Good”, and “Fishing For A Living” by himself. He’s clearly a talented writer, because those are all very well written. 

Gone For Good and Coming Down are fantastic. I love the lyrics and it just goes to show how talented he is, that he wrote both of them all by himself.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Spotify update:

This is two days of numbers, but he didn’t start promoting it on social media until later Monday night, so the vast majority of this is from Tuesday. The numbers in parentheses are gains since Sunday night. 

Monthly listeners: 23,529 (+17,029)

”Gone For Good” 134,332 (+38,639)

”Coming Home” 115,029 (+16,240)

”Somewhere In The Middle” 21,498 (+10,990)

”Fishing For A Living” 38,684 (+9158)

Solid start. 

I’ve listened to all of them a ton, but I use Apple Music. 

He’s still hanging on at #4 all genre, #2 country on iTunes. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Will stopped by his local elementary school and sang the ABCs with what looks like a classroom full of kindergartners. 

https://facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0m1n2BZJkuNWsHT3eaRoqx1JkaWduGS84gmSnAv9wEcfL9VikZQawqBH6scnBq6rNl&id=100064144325226

Jeff Davis Primary School posted:

"Our town's very own Will Moseley came to sing to one of our classes this afternoon. JDPS is rooting for you on American Idol, Will! We are so proud of you!" 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RTV said:

Jeff Davis Primary School posted:

"Our town's very own Will Moseley came to sing to one of our classes this afternoon. JDPS is rooting for you on American Idol, Will! We are so proud of you!" 

I’m sure it meant a lot to those kids. This is a town of only 4000 people. I would imagine almost every TV in that town was tuned in on Sunday night. 

dyBfYXm.png

• Like 2

It's always nice to see the local community rally around a contestant.

Will visited Woody Folsom Automotive. The business posted:

BIG "Big Mo" fans. Super proud of this Southeast Georgia Boy for making it to Hollywood. We are behind you every step of the way! Y'all be sure to keep up with his journey so hopefully you can vote for him soon. Also... download/stream his song on iTunes. He is sitting at Number 2 under Beyoncé... let's get him to #1, y'all!!!

https://www.facebook.com/WoodyFolsomAutomotive/posts/pfbid0BA51yPRBtcxNPyP362uYpaRdDQjN9KYF7hgHkgGPyx3W6fkgFVTKm7ycboSxTbVCl

• Like 2