Will Moseley Fan Thread

TeamAudra

2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Both Bryans. Bryan Martin is on a lot of co-writes with her on the BMI site. I also remember reading his Facebook posts about her when she was on The Voice, and her and her boss (Brooke) went and watched him at CMA fest this past summer. 

That's interesting.

Is Will listed on the BMI site?

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, RTV said:

That's interesting.

Is Will listed on the BMI site?

There are about 5 William Moseleys on there, and I don’t know which one is him. It takes a long time for songs to get listed there, and I don’t see any of those he’s released. He may even be listed under a different name, spelling, middle initial, etc. You have to spell it exactly right in the search box. I didn’t realize there are so many Moseleys out there. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Thanks 1

from Andy Swift's TVLine recap:

Will and Bob Seger's "Night Moves" were, unsurprisingly, a match made in classic rock heaven. It was extremely in his wheelhouse, and he didn't falter for a second. Could the performance have been a little more exciting? Absolutely. But you'd be hard pressed to critique it musically. TVLINE'S GRADE: A-

https://tvline.com/lists/american-idol-top-12-results-season-22-recap-voting-top-10/will-moseley-top-12

• Like 1

from Denton Davidson's GoldDerby recap:

9:40 p.m. — Next is Will Moseley singing "Night Moves" by Bob Seger. Will always sounds great and looks cool and collected on stage. Katy loves seeing Will get in touch with his sensitive side and calls it "his best performance." Luke says the song choice shows them Will knows who he is as an artist. Lionel calls it "the perfect song" and thinks Will "killed that."

https://www.goldderby.com/article/2024/american-idol-22-episode-12-recap

Edited by RTV
  • Like 1

Will seems to really enjoy meeting and working with the mentors. Before his performance tonight, Will posted about Gene Simmons and reminded fans to vote.

https://www.facebook.com/willmoseleymusic/posts/pfbid02oSTuK3PDdST3NiF1xHxkjmEXd921p3XLQBskiq4SNeP1qGfMgqERy3eQQM1oLqQEl

article about Will's April 22 performance

https://countrynow.com/watch-will-moseley-advances-to-top-10-on-american-idol-with-gritty-chris-stapleton-cover

Edited by RTV
  • Like 2

excerpt from Mark Franklin's recap:

This song and singer are a natural fit. And Will sounds great naturally. Another solid, pro performance from Will. Lionel called it amazing. Will forgot to smile during the song, per Meghan's advice. But the comments from the judges elicited that smile. He's another singer Top 10 bound. Grade: B+

https://idolchatteryd.com/song-by-song-grades-for-the-top-12-on-american-idol-3

• Like 2

from Andy Swift's recap:

Speaking of advice we can get behind, thank goodness Meghan Trainor suggested that Will try to have a little more fun on stage this week. There was a lighter, more confident (if that's even possible) energy to his performance of Chris Stapleton's "Starting Over," which he growled out perfectly. If country music is your jam, we can't imagine you came away with any complaints. TVLINE'S GRADE: "A"

https://tvline.com/lists/american-idol-top-10-results-season-22-recap-voting-top-8/abi-carter-top-10

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Crushed it!

Like always, crushed it. You said it on another thread, staying on the pitch during live performances is not an issue for him. Obviously, The tone is the #1 thing, but it also helps when a favorite of mine is a consistently good vocalist.

• Like 2

Spotify is up to 92K monthly listeners. He should easily go over 100K in the near future. 

He had peaked at over 80K, and dipped back down into the 60s. Obviously, his performance last week gave it another boost. 

GFG has 679K streams. At this rate, it could top 1 million if he makes it until the end. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Spotify is up to 92K monthly listeners. He should easily go over 100K in the near future. 

He had peaked at over 80K, and dipped back down into the 60s. Obviously, his performance last week gave it another boost. 

GFG has 679K streams. At this rate, it could top 1 million if he makes it until the end. 

Seeing him hit 1M on GFG during his run would be so cool.

Edited by Hamza Tufail
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

This video has the rehearsal with Meghan Trainor plus the performance, but not the judge comments. I’m not really a fan of Meghan, but she gave him good advice. The singing part comes so easily for him, he probably neglects the facial expressions, and other performance aspects. Usually, it probably doesn’t matter, but he’s on TV now. Even the established stars work on improving in certain areas. The good news is, he’s got the most important part down…the vocals.  He’s money in the bank every time he steps on stage, in that department. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

The theme this week is songs from the year they were born. I’m not a fan of that idea, but it is what it is. I was looking through some lists of country songs from the year 2000. Honestly, I’m not finding many that would work well for the show, unless he picks something a little less known.  

This is another mid to uptempo song, but it’s well known, it’s from the year 2000, and I’m positive he’d slay it. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I was looking through some lists of country songs from the year 2000. Honestly, I’m not finding many that would work well for the show, unless he picks something a little less known.

Same here.

"I Hope You Dance" is my favorite song on this list, but it's also the first of two songs Dawson Slade performed during his audition on episode two. 

https://playback.fm/charts/country/2000

• Like 1

On 4/21/2024 at 1:46 PM, TeamAudra said:

Notice the name, Bryan Martin on the co-write. That’s someone Grace W. has written with a lot, and seems to be good friends with. 

Turns out Grace and Will probably know each other, considering he liked this post from today, and they follow each other. 

DvR7ZmG.png

• Like 2

Will went over 100K Spotify monthly listeners today, and Gone For Good is up to 738K. 

Also, he went over 100K TikTok followers, without even trying, other than a handful of lives. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

How about this? The album came out in 2000. I’d be all for it. 

EDIT: On 2nd thought, I don’t know if he can tell the story in 2 minutes. 

Edited by TeamAudra

I like this ballad, which was released on 04/18/2000 and became Creed's only #1 hit on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. Scott Stapp wrote the song after learning that his wife was expecting their first child, so the lyrics aren't a perfect fit for Will.

acoustic version

Edited by RTV