MEGAN: 12

ERIK: 14

CHRIS: 15

WALLACE: 15

ALEX: 16

SOLA: 16

DEREK: 18

MEGAN

This is a song I'm glad snuck through until the end. Not because it's the greatest song or even my favorite Snow White song (which would be "Someday My Prince Will Come" or "Whistle While You Work") but because it's an iconic Disney song and I feel we let too many of the iconic pre-Renaissance songs go.

ERIK

I've always thought this song was nice and catchy. It's definitely one of the best songs that come from Snow White.

CHRIS

Undoubtedly, the most iconic song from Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs! While it's not a song that I would actively seek out to listen to, but when I hear it, it does bring a feeling of nostalgia, particularly when I think of Disney World and the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.  Due to the nostalgia along with knowing it might need more love in this final ranking, I am probably ranking it higher than I normally would have had.

WALLACE

I  wonder what others may think but I feel like "Heigh-Ho" is probably the most surprising song to make it through to this Top 20? I thought for sure this would have got cut in the final cuts but I am so glad it didn't. I think it's great and important that we at least have something from the veryyy early days of Disney. I think "Heigh-Ho" is the perfect representation of that. "Heigh-Ho" also stood out as my favorite song from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. The Seven Dwarfs do their thing with singing and performing this song. Lol I am obsessed with the chorus and that's the part of the song that sticks out the most to me: Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho. It's home from work we go. Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho. :bobo: 

ALEX

I'm not sure if I nominated this too many times, but it was definitely at the top of my shortlist of potential noms. Towards the end I started to let it skate by just because it's an og. It's iconic. "Heigh-Ho it's off to work we go" is simply one of the most iconic lyrics to come out of the Disney canon. Is it a song I like? Hmm not in particular. It's not bad by any means, but it's not a song I'm adding to my playlist anytime soon. But Snow White is the original, it deserves some representation here. And I'm good with Heigh-Ho being that representation. Who amongst hasn't sung the chorus in their head as they were off to a day of work?

SOLA

Great song, sung by the dwarves.  I just don’t love this song like I do so many of the others.

DEREK

It seems like it was mandatory that we include at least one song from the OG Disney musical. There were a couple decent options and I’m not surprised that a lot of them lasted pretty long in the game. But we ended up with Heigh-Ho. This song is kind of a two-parter. Starts with the dig dig dig dig dig and then hits the ICONIC heigh-ho at the end. But can someone explain why they say “it’s off to work we go” when they are DONE with work? What is that about? This is one of those Disney tunes that everyone on the planet pretty much knows, regardless of age. Good entry in the finals but I’m more passionate about others and I’d be surprised to see this survive the bottom 3.

"Heigh-Ho" was kind of expected for last place I would think? I saw this as a song we would all recognize and realize as a classic/an OG but not have as a particular favorite. I also wonder if this could be the only song without any Top 10 ranks? I could kinda see that being the case with this song.

19. STEP IN TIME

1122b95f73832a195ab044eb7c6597d94268de53.gif

Mary Poppins

ALEX: 7

CHRIS: 14

SOLA: 14

MEGAN: 15

DEREK: 16

WALLACE: 18

ERIK: 19

ALEX

VOTES FOR WOMEN STEP IN TIME! We've got two high energy dance numbers from Mary Poppins in the endgame here. I would've preferred one high energy dance number and maybe a more emotional one, but it is what it is. But this is definitely my preferred Mary Poppins song between the two. Specifically the second half of the song when they break into the Banks' house and dance with the staff lmao ❤️. I also love any Mary Poppins song that proves that Mary Poppins is forever That Bitch. When she does her little twirl and all the men stare at her in awe...I mean same. The choreography is just insane too. Dick van Dyke is doing all of That even though he's not even a trained dancer at this point. Like he's really the goat!

CHRIS

I obviously love Mary Poppins and its entire soundtrack, and this song is no exception. The overall product of the song is particularly memorable, although some might argue that its dance number is more iconic than the song itself.   That being said, the song truly got elevated by Gavin Lee in the West End adaption of Mary Poppins - I certainly recommend everyone to check it out.  Anyway, I originally had this song ranked a bit lower where I ended up ranking it as I felt that it might need a little push so it find itself in my Top 15.

SOLA

I am happy to see Mary Poppins get represented in the end.  It just doesn’t eclipse the songs I ranked higher.

MEGAN

I would have taken many other Mary Poppins songs over this. I like it, it's fun. It's just. There are so many excellent songs in Mary Poppins that even a very good song like this doesn't even meet my personal top 5. It's good and fun, but like. Give me "Feed the Birds" and "Stay Awake" any day over this.

DEREK

Shocked that the Mary Poppins haters let this through! And I think most of the Mary Poppins lovers would have preferred 1 or 2 others from this movie in the finals over this! But for this non-hater non-lover just average Mary Poppins appreciator, I’m perfectly happy with this here haha. This is one of those songs that just gets stuck in your head. La la la la step in time, la la la la step in time. You can even insert any other random lyrics. Wash the dishes step in time, pick your toys up step in time, do your write-ups step in time, etc.

WALLACE

Okay, phew this is a really strong Top 20 and honestly, I struggle with how to rank most of my Top 19. :haha: I did kinda know that "Step in Time" would be on the lower end of my rankings. Sadly it ends up as my #19 even though I did have it a little higher before re-listening to these songs again. :haha: Even though some may think I'm a "Step in Time" hater, I am not.... and this is one of the few songs from the film I do really enjoy. "Step in Time" is a really cute, fun and infectious song. Bert (portrayed by Dick Van Dyke) does an excellent job performing this song. I do love the high energy and excitement he has while performing this song. The song is going at 150 throughout the whole song, it's insane. :dead: But it's so entertaining and fun! :bobo: All of the dancing he does is insane and so fun, exciting to watch! Also check out Mary Poppins doing her dancing in this too. :bobo: This is great and deserving to be here in this Top 20, but I also want to rank this low enough to make sure it doesn't beat "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious."

ERIK

Don't really like this. There's too much going on here and it overwhelms me.

• Steven_ changed the title to Disney Songs Rankdown (#19 Posted)
15 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

Alex with the surprise ranking! I was right in thinking that Chris/Megan were a bit lukewarm on this one compared to others from the movie

Yah, I'm not gonna complain about more Mary Poppins in the final 20, but I would put like 5 other songs here before "Step in Time."

• Like 1

Ooh lmao I can't remember if I submitted a #19 or #18 ranking for "Step in Time" as I kept switching it around with another song and not sure if I put it the right way, lol. :lmao:  But fine with the ranking for this song. It's a fun song. The reactions of this song from the stans to the non fans and those in between is interesting, haha.

18. THE BARE NECESSITIES

tumblr_nudyjjc9ay1rwfctbo4_500.gif

The Jungle Book

ERIK: 8

WALLACE: 9

DEREK: 10

ALEX: 15

SOLA: 15

MEGAN: 16

CHRIS: 19

ERIK

I love this song. It's catchy af and it's definitely the best song from The Jungle Book. I cannot listen to this song and not start at least humming and bopping my head to the beat. While they're not exactly the same, the song does give me a very similar vibe that "Almost There" from Princess and the Frog gives me as well. It's one of those songs that I don't really ever go out of my way to listen to on my own time, but whenever I do hear it if I'm like watching The Jungle Book I always enjoy it.

WALLACE

The Jungle Book has some really fun and joyous songs, with "The Bare Necessities" being one of them. I don't know if I ever thought of what my favorite song is from The Jungle Book... but I'm thinking it's "I Wan'na Be Like You"? I'm sad that song couldn't make it through but I will still certainly take "The Bare Necessities" as I feel it's my second favorite song from the film. Anyway,I love how happy and positive  Baloo is while singing this song. I also love all of his little dancing he does here too. :dead: I also love how Mowgli joins in singing the song with Baloo towards the end of it. This is just one of those feel good songs that just makes me happy whenever I hear it. :bobo: 

DEREK

Phil Harris has one of the most iconic voices ever, not just for Disney. Baloo, Little John, Tom O’Malley. He was the Chris Pratt of voice acting in his day hahaha. This is another iconic classic that I’m not surprised to see here in the end. It doesn’t have crazy dancing or insane vocal runs and power notes. Instead it just has a great groove, impeccable melody, and Phil’s insane charisma and tone. “Maybe try a few” like no one else could have made that line read sound so magical. This is the right winner for Jungle Book imo but honestly I Wanna Be Like You wouldn’t be out of place in the finals along with this. I think there was just too much competition in the end.

ALEX

The Jungle Book is kinda of an interesting movie in the mix here because I think it has the biggest disparity between how good the movie is and how good the songs are. I like The Jungle Book well enough, but overall I find it to be one of Disney's weaker efforts. Having said that, I think it has a really good soundtrack and birthed two of the more iconic songs with I Wan'na Be Like You and The Bare Necessities. Personally, I would've much rather had the former in this top 20 here, which I think is easily one of the best Disney songs. I like The Bare Necessities, but I'm not all that passionate about it. I appreciate a good ol-fashioned use of horns. The song is similar to Hakuna Matata in the way that it's just a "chill out" song. Vibes are good! Passion is just not there for me on my end though.

SOLA

No complaints about it getting to the end, but I would have preferred I Wanna Be Like You to advance over it.

MEGAN

Is this a pretty iconic Disney song? Yes. Is it Top 20? No.

CHRIS

When you think of The Jungle Book, this is THE song that immediately comes to mind, especially with its memorable lyrics and catchy melody. While I do like the song, it simply didn't stand out as much as the other songs in the Top 20 for me, as there are a good amount of songs that I like or love more than this one.

• Steven_ changed the title to Disney Songs Rankdown (#18 Posted)

Aww nooo, sad to see "The Bare Necessities" showing up this soon. :( :broken: I wash oping it could have done better but at least it escaped the Bottom 2.