Disney Songs Rankdown (Winner Posted)

Steven_

"YOU'RE WELCOME"

(MOANA)

66f8f2cb1c201f95ce1fa3513b3e2dfe.gif

When it comes to what I consider to be overrated Disney songs, "You're Welcome" tops my list, especially among recent Disney/Pixar movies.  As we know, the song is from Moana, and you can tell it's a Lin-Manuel Miranda's song even without knowing - personally, it's not my favorite among his Disney songs. In the film, the song is performed as a patterned rap by Maui, which works at times but not consistently ; Personally, I think a different performer beside The Rock might have made me like it more.  The purpose of the song is essentially for Maui to brag about his accomplishments as the "hero of men" in South Pacific legend, but in reality, it was a diversion to steal Moana's boat to escape exile. The song was a success for the film, and it continues to be. That being said, it has been so overplayed that it has impacted my enjoyment of it. At this point in the rankdown, decent and good songs simply can't cut it, and I'd rather have "How Far I'll Go" be the last song from Moana standing, as it should be.

REMAINING

Heigh-Ho (Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs)

Cruella De Vil (One Hundred and One Dalmatians)

Step in Time (Mary Poppins)

The Bare Necessities (The Jungle Book)

I Wan'na Be Like You (The Jungle Book)

Part of Your World (The Little Mermaid)

Poor Unfortunate Souls (The Little Mermaid)

Be Our Guest (Beauty and the Beast)

Friend Like Me (Aladdin)

Circle of Life (The Lion King)

Colors of the Wind (Pocahontas)

Zero to Hero (Hercules)

I Won't Say (I'm in Love) (Hercules)

You'll Be in My Heart (Tarzan)

Almost There (The Princess and the Frog)

Mother Knows Best (Tangled)

Let It Go (Frozen)

How Far I'll Go (Moana)

Un Poco Loco (Coco)

Show Yourself (Frozen II)

Some good advancements already. :yes: 

But lmao oh gosh, I have no idea what to cut though I think I got a few options. :haha: Gotta think this through but also open to deals if people want to make them.

You'll Be in my Heart

from-this-day-on-now-and-forever-more.jp

Shock boot? No I didn't make any deals lol! I don't have the time nor energy to do that and Bells of Notre Dame is gone so I truly don't care. But when it was brought to my attention there was still one end credits song left in the game I knew something had to be done about it. Now, we'll have a top 20 of just REAL Disney songs! Songs where the characters themselves are singing! Not just a random famous person singing in the end credits. But I'm considering this the one in the movie where we do have Glenn Close singing for about 20 seconds. And it's a very sweet and pretty song. If we were gonna have a maternal song last this long it should've been Baby Mine. I also don't like Phil Collins very much. I think I said that much earlier in the game. But like they say in Sing Street, "No woman can truly love a man who listens to Phil Collins". So as the song itself in the movie, it's sweet but not all that amazing. For the end credits song, it's Phil Collins so I don't really care for it. Lyrically it's wonderful, but I still don't care. If I cut Beyonce eons ago for being an end credits song I surely can't let Phil Collins get away with it.

Good luck to the rest of you, see you at final rankings!

everybody tell me what songs you don't want me to cut so i can make sure to cut them! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

JK I am open to deals right now but I have something in 8 hours so if nobody PMs me by then, I'll probably make my cut!

8 hours ago, totes4totes said:

everybody tell me what songs you don't want me to cut so i can make sure to cut them! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

JK I am open to deals right now but I have something in 8 hours so if nobody PMs me by then, I'll probably make my cut!

Jk jk. My plans came up faster than I realized so I’ll make my cut before I go to bed or else I probably won’t hit it by 24 hours 😂

Be Our Guest

I want to do this before I go to bed.  I had a hard time ultimately deciding what to cut because I like/love everything left.  Doing a preliminary ranking of the 26 left in the game and this was at the bottom with one other.  I was planning on cutting the other song, but then there is potentially no representation for that movie in the Final Ranking.  I didn't want that to that movie, or be responsible for eliminating any of the remaining movies from the game, so I am taking the safe way out as people probably assume I will do this anyway!  I have been responsible for the last 3 Beauty and the Beast cuts (including this one).  While I think it's a great movie and this song is fantastic, the songs just don't hit as hard for me as others do at this point.  Be Our Guest is sung by Lumiere, when he is trying to make Belle have a better time as the beasts prisoner.  The song is so fun, with all the dancing dishes. I apologize as I know this song has it's fans, but it definitely has representation in the final ranking.

Edited by Solaris
  • Sad 4