Disney Songs Rankdown (Winner Posted)

Steven_

CYCLE 12

tumblr_peuvf1lQze1wzypxlo1_540.gif

This is the final battle round.

The format is One Must Go.

When it is your turn, you will nominate THREE songs for elimination.

The other six rankers will privately VOTE TO ELIMINATE one of the three nominees.

If there is a tie, then the nominator makes the final decision.

The nominator is responsible for the write-up.

Since it's the final nomination round, I'll let you all sign up for spots instead of relying on the randomizer.

NOMINATION ORDER SIGN-UP

If you have any questions, then let me know.

Good luck to your favorites!

@Alex95 @*Chris @FrogLenzen @erik g @totes4totes @Solaris @*Wallace

Actually if it's not too late for me to change I'm gonna go early since I'm going on vacation soon and wanna be sure I can get my writeup in before I'm gone

NOMINATION ORDER SIGN-UP

3. Alex

7. Sola

Friends On The Other Side

Sigh. Unfortunately for me, attempt number 29394939595939202 to cut "We Don't Talk About Bruno" has sadly failed. Anyways, I was expecting either this one or Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious to be the one that gets cut.  This is a very good villian song. I'm pleased to see it made as far as it did. I'm gonna be honest here lol, part of the reason I nominated this song was so "Almost There" could be the last Princess and The Frog song standing, as I think it deserves to be. This song making it this far was kinda surprising, but a pleasant one nonetheless. 

Aww I really liked "Friends On The Other Side" but this is a great spot for it. And yeah, "Almost There" definitely had to be the last standing song from The Princess and the Frog so I'm glad that was accomplished here. :yes: 

"BE PREPARED"

(THE LION KING)

tumblr_msidykCCCw1sg0a6co1_500.gif

Personally, I prefer the other songs from The Lion King that have been eliminated over this one, which is why I chose to nominate it. Like the other songs in the film, it was written by Elton John and Tim Rice, and it serves as Scar’s solo musical number, and therefore the villain number of the movie. In this musical scene, Scar expresses his desire to become the King of the Pride Lands but can only achieve that by ensuring his brother & nephew are out of the picture. He ends up plotting to get his brother, Mufasa, and nephew, Simba, murdered. He sings this to the hyenas, as a way to tell them that he needs their assistance. The song is performed by Jim Cummings, as Jeremy Irons, who voiced Scar, experienced vocal problems during recording of the song. It also features the vocals of Whoopi Goldberg and Cheech Marin. Overall, I don’t particularly care for the way the song is performed or sung, and it's easily one of my least favourite songs remaining in the rankdown.

I do agree with Chris in preferring a number of other songs from The Lion King over "Be Prepared." But well done to "Be Prepared" getting this far. Great spot for it. :yes: 

• Thanks 1

5/6 votes came in so far, but we already have a majority. 

"We Don't Talk About Bruno" received zero votes.

"I Wan'na Be Like You" received one vote.

"Love is an Open Door" received four votes and is eliminated from the game

@Alex95 can now post his three nominations.