Disney Songs Rankdown (Winner Posted)

Steven_

A Star is Born

This song feels all over the place lol. It starts off giving me a jump scare, then like 2 seconds later, the volume die down, then it's back right after. It's definitely an interesting experience. It's definitely the type of sound that you would hear at the end of a church movie, or at the end of at the end of some legends biopic while there showing a slideshow of legendary moments in there career. I'm not gonna sit here and act like I didn't kinda enjoy it to a certain extent, because I did, but I didn't enjoy it enough to keep it around. 

Save; You're Welcome 

"BREAKING FREE"

(HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL)

were-breaking-free-troy-bolton.gif

Let it be known that on April 2nd, 2024, we said goodbye to all the DCOM original songs in the Disney Songs rankdown, as they had all overstayed their welcome to a certain degree. While I appreciate High School Musical and its songs, including this one, I cannot justify keeping any of them in the rankdown any longer when superior Disney songs are being cut. "Breaking Free" is, without a doubt, one of the hit songs from High School Musical. It is performed by Vanessa Hudgens and Drew Seeley, who is not Zac Efron who portrayed Troy. The song is sung by Gabriella and Troy during their final callback to secure the lead roles in the school musical, much to Sharpay's pleasure. Personally speaking, this song ranks among my favorites from the series, alongside "We're All in This Together", "Bop to the Top", and "Fabulous". As mentioned earlier, it's a standout song from the series and has been performed in the television series as well. However, at this point of the rankdown, we must choose which songs are worth fighting for, and I don't believe this is one of them.

SAVING: SHOW YOURSELF

Edited by *Chris
  • Sad 1

That’s How You Know

Well "Show Yourself" lives another day but its day is COMING. Anywho, I'll cut "That’s How You Know" from the 2007 live-action/animated musical fantasy romantic comedy film, Enchanted. This song is sung and performed by Giselle (Amy Adams and Marlon Saunders, who provides the backing vocals). While I don't have much attachment to or care much Enchanted, I did leave this song alone as I did really enjoy this song and think it's fun and cute. Amy does sing this song beautifully and the way she performs this is in a cute and fun way. I remember Nancy Kerrigan & Artem had a Jazz routine to this song and I loved that dance and that helped me enjoy this song. So I was kind of wanting this to be the last song standing from Enchanted, which I think it does that. So since it did it's job, it can go. And if we're all getting rid of all of the HSM songs, I will gladly get rid of this song with no problem. :kissbye:

Saving: Prince Ali

Can You feel the Love Tonight

I didn't want to be responsible for giving Derek what he wants, The Family Madrigal making Top 2 from Encanto, so I have changed my cut.  After looking at the front page, Lion King has a lot of songs left in the rankdown. This puts the Lion King in line with Mary Poppins, The Hunchback of Notre Dame and Hercules.  This is an amazing song,  but that whole movie has amazing songs in it, might as well cut this one. The song is composed by Elton John.  It is performed in the movie Simba, Nala, Pumba and Timon.  They are accompanied by the vocals of Kristie Edwards at the start.   The cast is singing about love that is brewing between Simba and Nala. It's heartfelt, it's beautiful and it's out of the rankdown.

Save: The Gospel truth

Edited by Solaris
  • Sad 1

Bop to the Top

UGH I should have cut Breaking Free since I have so much more to say about that song. Like how it obviously wasn't supposed to be a boy/girl duet at first, maybe not even a duet at all, like they are both singing B flats, it's definitely not in a typical man's range. Also lowkey this song is the #1 reason why Zac couldn't contribute the vocals for the first movie because this song was so out of his range. And just imagining all the high school boys across the country attempting it just makes me giggle.

Anyway I haven't seen HSM and I just mentioned that fact casually out loud and Mrs. Lenzen literally said "don't try it, not happening" so I guess I'd have to watch it by myself lmao. You'd think that someone who was just singing along to "Getcha Head in the Game" 30 seconds earlier would be more receptive to the idea! It's not my fault that Alex cut that amazing song long ago when it should have won for the franchise smh!!!!!! What are we talking about again? Ah yes, the demise of HSM in this game which I think is more than fair considering how long they lasted and also I'm already out 4/5 of my original immunities and I also just lost Honor To Us All and When Will My Life Begin which are definite Top 20 songs for me personally. Also once we lose the last of DCOM we are left with 60 S-tier iconic legendary Disney songs and I think we are all better for it.

This song here, which just won for the HSM franchise, features Ryan and Sharpay and I know that Sola and Alex are partial to Sharpay and Wallace just saved this one so maybe this winning will be seen as a great choice from most of the rankers! I'm not sure. 

Save Friend Like Me

• Sad 1

Well if "We're All in this Together" couldn't be the last song standing, I'm glad it's "Bop to the Top." I've always loved that song. That song is such a fun song and one that was always stuck in my head. :haha: :bobo: 

I still think they deserve more credit than what's been happening today.... and can be up there with some of these classics. But that's my peace and I'll stick to it.

5 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

I still think they deserve more credit than what's been happening today.... and can be up there with some of these classics. But that's my peace and I'll stick to it.

Says the man who hates Mary Poppins and hasn’t seen Encanto!!! Haha

No but I think making Top 70 counts as them being up there with the classics :yes:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

I'm making y'all wait lmao

Thank you for this as I need a little break for the rest of the day/night here. :haha: 

5 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

Says the man who hates Mary Poppins and hasn’t seen Encanto!!! Haha

No but I think making Top 70 counts as them being up there with the classics :yes:

I don't hate Mary Poppins. :giggle: 

I'm happy with them making it to Top 70. But I'd obviously still rather have them in here over some other songs remaining. :haha: It's just been a rough day for me in here.  But I guess we all go through rough moments in the game.

52 minutes ago, Steven_ said:

giphy.gif

King for having this opinion and for using a gif of Ramona, problematic queen of RHONY!

Edited by *Chris
  • Like 1

Remember Me

remember-me.png

There is so many Remember Me's it's hard to keep track of which is which. So I'm guessing the one I'm cutting is simply the one sung by Ernesto? It's just a quick ranchero-style song, not much meat on the bones there. The lullaby version absolutely should've outlasted this. It's the heart of the movie, specifically when Miguel is singing to Mama Coco, makes me cry every time. Then there's also the full version of the song, which I'm assuming this counts towards as well? But that's pretty much an end credits song as well AND YOU ALL KNOW HOW I FEEL ABOUT THAT! I also have random memories of Nikki Bella & Artem dancing to this lol. Anyways, like I said the song is ok. Lyrics are good, it's a fun song to dance to. I think it works well both ways, but works better as an emotional lullaby than an upbeat dance song.

Save Waiting on a Miracle