Disney Songs Rankdown (Winner Posted)

Steven_

Ways to be Wicked

Oof these nominations were rough for me. Im a Decendants fan and I like this song, but if you find me cutting a Let It Shine song, something terrible has happened to me causing me not to be in my right mind. And it also helps that I genuinely perfer "Moment of Truth" over this one.  This isnt one of the best decendants song, but it's not one of the worst either. Also, tons of the songs from Descendants 2 overshadowed this song for me, like "It's Going Down", "Space Between", "What's My Name" and "You and Me", so if I'm only talking about Descendants 2, it's like the best of the worst, if that makes sense lol. 

Save Moment of Truth

"LET IT SHINE"

(LET IT SHINE)

tumblr_odrkukGJTh1she1iko1_250.gifv tumblr_odrkukGJTh1she1iko10_250.gifv

I've never seen "Let It Shine", so it's an easy cut for me as I'm more familiar with Descendants, and I know more of their songs than any from "Let It Shine", which is a total of zero song. The self-titled song from the movie is sung at the end by the entire cast, including Tyler James Williams - best known for his roles in Everybody Hates Chris and Abbott Elementar, Coco Jones - fnally getting the recognition she deserves, Trevor Jackson, and Brandon Mychael Smith. The song incorporates part of The Seeker's "This Little Light Of Mine", making it somewhat of a remix. Personally, I don't vibe with the rap/spoken part of the song. While those who have seen the film may enjoy it, this little song of theirs will no longer shine in this rankdown.

SAVING: ROTTEN TO THE CORE

sleeping-beauty.gif

Best of Friends (The Fox and the Hound)

Candle on the Water (Pete's Dragon)

Colonel Hathi's March (The Jungle Book)

It Feels Like Christmas (The Muppet Christmas Carol)

Kidnap the Sandy Claws (Nightmare Before Christmas)

More Than A Band (Lemonade Mouth)

Mother Knows Best (Reprise) (Tangled)

Push It to the Limit  (Jump In)

Scales and Arpeggios (The Aristocats)

Take Me Away (Freaky Friday)

The Phony King of England (Robin Hood)

Thomas O'Malley Cat (The Aristocats)

Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf (Silly Symphonies)

You Are the Music in Me (Sharpay Version) (High School Musical 2)

Push It to the Limit

Push It to the Limit is a song from the movie Jump In.  Its sung by Corbin Bleu. I listened to this song early on in the rankdown and it was on my shortlist to cut.  Then I think it was given immunity for awhile.  I don't remember it being nominated, at least recently. I've never even heard of the Jump In, but upon listen to this song a second time, it sounds like a a discarded High School Musical song from a straight to DVD sequel. The song is about giving all you have to whatever it is your doing.  So I guess the message is good. Its done well getting as far as it did!

Save: Candle on the Water

• Sad 1

It Feels Like Christmas

I love Muppets but at the end of the day this is a Christmas song and that is enough to justify a cut. Also it doesn't help that it is sung by the Muppet Carol exclusive character Ghost of Christmas Present as opposed to like, some other iconic Muppet character dressed UP as the Ghost of Christmas Present lol. Does that make sense? Oh well. I'm a grinch. This wouldn't be my choice for the last song standing from this movie. It's a cute song but it would never make it to any radio station or playlist except for a certain time of year. 

Save Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf, let's get you to the Top 150 woohoooo

• Like 1

Sales and Aroeggios

I've never actually seen The Aristocats before. I looked it up and it says that it's about an opera singing cat. That actually sounds kinda iconic lmao so I want to watch now. Anyways now that I know what The Aristocats  is about, this song definitely makes more sense. Honestly scales kinda traumatized me from back when I used to play the trombone, they literally made me cry (i would hate to see what happens if i try SINGING them), so that was an automatic turn off on the song. Anyways, the song is cute and kiddish, that's about it. 

Save You Are the Music in Me

1 hour ago, totes4totes said:

Cut: More Than A Band (Lemonade Mouth)

Cut: Take Me Away (Freaky Friday)

Save: Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf (Silly Symphonies)

1 hour ago, totes4totes said:

Save best of friends

refresh. i missed my trolley stop lollll

Oh joy.... I lost yet another immunity pick today and the only song I wanted to save. 😐 

I'm not sure what's left. I don't think there's anything left I care about, so whoever wants to take my cut/save can do so.

"More Than a Band" from Lemonade Mouth

I've already cut this song once so I am just copy-ing and pasting my write up. I think most if not all of my bring back songs have been cut again so I don't feel bad about cutting this one again. It's fine.

Oh this is actually a sweet song. It's from the DCOM Lemonade Mouth and being a non-HSM, non-Cheetah Girls DCOM to me means like auto-elimination from this rankdown. In addition it's up against "What's This" and "When You Wish Upon a Star" so obviously it's getting cut. So sorry to this and to the Lemonade Mouth fans. But let's be real. As big a fan as you may be of Lemonade Mouth that cannot match how big a fan I am of Lesbian Jesus Hayley Kiyoko. I mean I have her whole discography imprinted in my brain. "Curious" is a legit banger and it makes probably every playlist I ever make. (Except the KPOP ones...this may also just be a sign that every playlist I make is GAY).  She's dating a former Bachelor contestant (one day I can give you the WHOLE Tilley family rundown LOL). I listened to like multiple episodes of Becca Tilley's Grey's Anatomy and relationship themed podcast just for Hayley Kiyoko tidbits. I think Hayley Kiyoko paved the way for future out artists like Fletcher and Renee Rapp. I'm obsessed. Continue the lesbian tradition and put her in the next animated Disney musical!

save: Best of Friends

Posted (edited)

REMAINING

Colonel Hathi's March (The Jungle Book)

Kidnap the Sandy Claws (Nightmare Before Christmas)**

Mother Knows Best (Reprise) (Tangled)**

Take Me Away (Freaky Friday)**

The Phony King of England (Robin Hood)**

Thomas O'Malley Cat (The Aristocats)

**Currently claimed

Edited by Steven_

Take Me Away (Freaky Friday)

Not sure if I'm doing Derek a solid or not by cutting his cursed song but I assume he was hoping this would get cut at some point. You could almost copy and paste my write-up from my last Freaky Friday cut and paste it here. It's like a cute pop rock song that's like reminiscent of the actual music I like but not as good. Like I'm listening to Sleater-Kinney and then going to this feels like I know what it's supposed to be going for but it doesn't quite hit. It doesn't help that the song is mostly background for like Lindsay Lohan as Jamie Lee Curtis pretending to get through a guitar solo even though like. If you are going to a rock concert you can tell if the person is actually playing guitar! Especially if you are at a small-ish venue like House of Blues.

Saving: Best of Friends